- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Latina
After Rome, Latina is the second largest city in the Lazio region of central Italy. It’s about an hour from Rome, south, towards the Mediterranean. Latina’s history is fascinating, starting with its creation as the capital by Mussolini, who drained all the surrounding swamp land and commissioned numerous nationalist buildings and monuments from the best known Italian artists and architects of the day. Some of the best places to stay in Latina are now housed in these buildings.
Things not to miss:
- Most people come here for the Parco Nazionale del Circeo, a beautiful strip of coastline with great forests, sand dunes and cliffs with amazing grottoes and bays, and the island of Zannone.
- Visit the fascinating Museo Storico Piana delle Orme, a few miles outside Latina.
- Walk around all of the Nationalist architecture commissioned by Mussolini in the 1930s.
Latina is also known for its proximity to some beautiful sandy beaches, and some of the best places to stay in Latina have spectacular views of the Tyrrhenian Sea.
For a coastal charmer
- The Hotel Punta Ross is surrounded by a beautiful botanical garden, beyond which there’s a glass green Mediterranean bay. There 42 rooms and suites, all large and light, and separate villas with their own balconies. To share there’s a private beach, two pools a spa and restaurant and truly spectacular views.
For a chic stay
- Il Fogliano is a stunning modern hotel set on sand dunes of the Circeo National Park. With sharp rooms and sleek features, the hotel offers superb views out to sea and is a great place to unwind after a day of exploring.
For a private apartment or villa
- We recommend visiting our online partner Booking.com.
- The best airport for getting to Latina is Fiumicino (45 miles).
- If your looking to hire a car, we recommend visiting our online partner Holiday Autos.
- The best time to visit Latina is either May to June or September to October. In the high summer, temperatures soar over 30 degrees so you have fair warning.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Latina for you?
Best Hotels in Latina
Il Fogliano 19 rooms from $160Latina
Chic coastal hotel set on the sand dunes of the Circeo National Park. A picture of urbanity, the rooms are stylish and sleek with verandas that offer stunning views out onto the Mediterranean sea. Everything is catered towards relaxation, so enjoy hydromassage pools or simply recline on the beach.Romantic Break - Rooms feature there own balconies with ocean viewsBeach Life - Set on its own stretch of private sandy beachLocal markets - Navigate the bustling markets of Sabaudia, a twenty minute drive away.Great walks - Take beautiful walks through the Circeo National Park.
Hotel Punta Rossa 42 rooms from $237Latina (San Felice Circeo)
A delightful hotel set within botanical gardens. The rooms are large and light, and the suites in separate villas have private balconies and all mod cons. Private beach, two pools, spa and restaurant serving excellent local delicacies. Idyllic views. A perfect romantic break in the Mediterranean.Romantic Break - Rooms are in private villas, with sea views. Mediterranean water reachable from pool area by ladders, sunsets from the terraceBeach Life - Hotel on the sea cliff; the 'Fisherman's Village' of villas look out over the ocean. Thalassotherapy treatments availableGreat walks - Hotel is within National Park of Circeo, situated in 3 hectares of botanical gardens full of tropical plantsSights nearby - La Grotta delle Capre and Villa of Domitian, Circeo National Park and Cathedral of Terracina.