Search the best hotels in Lipari
Lipari is the largest of the Aeolian Islands, an archipelago with volcanic origins that lie off the northern coast of Sicily: with a rugged, windswept landscape of jagged mountains bristling with trees, terraced vineyards, great white cliffs jutting out over the sea, it is a beautiful place to visit. Beyond the obvious natural alures Lipari is also well-suited to history enthusiasts due to the rich layers of history that surround it. There are Bronze Age sites, a cathedral, a castle and a museum. Meanwhile, Lipari Town, with its elegant and balconied houses trellised with flowers, busy harbour fronted with pastel-coloured houses and markets selling local capers and Malvasia wine, is a charming place to explore. Villages on the far corners of the island offer thermal baths, fed by fumaroles, which are a must-visit. A beautiful and enchanting destination, the best places to stay in Lipari offer the perfect base for an island escape.
What not to miss
- Take a boat trip to the nearby islands of Panarea and Filicudi, and see the fascinating Bronze Age sites.
- See the 12th century Norman cloister in the cathedral.
- Check out the archealogical relics on display at the museum.
- Unwind in the thermal baths of San Calogero.
- Hire a scooter or bike and tour the island.
- Buy some capers or Malvasian wine from a local market.
A classic island escape, Lipari is a gorgeous island stacked upon layers of history, making it a great place to go for history lovers or writers. Browse through our collection of the best places to stay in Lipari to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay in Lipari
- La Settima Luna Hotel is a bayside hotel set in a fishing village, with a pretty facade and terraces offering wonderful sea vistas. Rooms are minimal and fresh with crisp whites setting the tone, giving rooms a very light and airy feel. Featuring a lovely breakfast terrace and a rooftop lounge bar. A glorious island escape.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is in the early autumn, as the summer crowds can get quite intense, but fortunately, between September and October, the temperature remains between 17 and 28 degrees.
- Fly to Palermo, and take the ferry to Lipari.
- You don't need a car on Lipari - bikes and scooters are in abundance and the terrain is too rugged for most cars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Lipari
La Settima Luna Hotel Lipari 7 rooms from £104
A bayside hotel set in a fishing village, with a pretty facade and terraces offering wonderful sea vistas. Rooms are minimal and fresh with crisp whites setting the tone, giving rooms a very light and airy feel. Featuring a lovely breakfast terrace and a rooftop lounge bar. A glorious island escape.Beach Life - The area of Canneto is home to some of the loveliest beaches on the island, so this is ideal for coastal exploringGreat walks - Go on the stunning yet challenging Monte Rosa walk which offers good views of Canneto to the north and Lipari town to the southSights nearby - Visit Lipari's Norman cathedral, its picturesque harbours and the Necropolis DianaSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool