- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Sicily
Unlike anywhere else in Italy, or the Mediterranean for that matter, Sicily is a place unto itself. Sun drenched and beautiful, the landscape is dramatically diverse, the food is perennially good, and the culture and architecture truly unique. The Hotel Guru's selection of the best places to stay in Sicily offers a wide range of accommodation, from rustic chic guesthouses to beach resorts to top end luxury hotels.
All our Sicilian Collections
- The Best Boutique Hotels on Sicily
- The Best Wine Hotels on Sicily
- The Best Places to Stay in Palermo
- The Best Places to Stay on the Aeolian islands
- The Best Places to stay in Modica
- The Best Places to Stay in Favignana
What not to Miss
- If you're here for a beach break you have a choice of sand, from the black volcanic sands of the Aeolian islands to the long, white beaches of the south. Alternatively you can escape the crowds by jumping on a ferry at Trapani (on Sicily's west coast) and heading over to Favignana or Marettimo, tiny unspoilt islands where the Italians like to holiday. As far as the sunshine is concerned, in a good year it's possible to sunbathe and swim in the sea well into November.
- The bright aquamarine coastline is just the start of Sicily's natural assets: it also has relatively undiscovered stretches of beach along the south coast, the Parco Naturale Regionale Delle Madonie and smouldering Mt. Etna. If you're here for Mt. Etna, head for Catania.
- Sicily's history is long, complicated and dramatic - you're probably aware that this is where the mafia originated - and a good place to start your explorations is the capital city, Palermo. Palermo is also a good place to base yourself If the aim of your visit is to drink up the art and culture. The Greek's believed that Sicily's natural beauty and abundance were gifts from Persephone and Aphrodite. The Romans kept the island for a while, contributing several major building projects including the theatre at Taormina and the Valley of the Temples at Agrigento. Then it was ruled by the Vandals, Ostrogoths, Bzyantines, Arabs, Normans, then the Spanish.
- In addition to the Roman-built sites, Sicily's other famous must sees are: Selinute, the remains of an ancient Greek city, the Necropolis of Pantalica, a collection of over 5000 chamber tombs cut into a hill near Syracuse; and the Norman cathedrals at Monreale and Cefalu. Syracuse is one of the best places to stay in Sicily if you're interested in the island's history; one of the most beautiful cities of the ancient world. Syracuse has been looted, but is somehow even more lovely in stately decrepitude.
- Modica is a UNESCO listed town where you can find a wonderful mix of all the above, whilst lovers of the Baroque should head to the beautiful Noto and Ragusa.
There's so much to do and see on this wonderful island that during the peak summer months it is seriously busy! So if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Sicily book well in advance.
For Natural Beauty
- If you want to be close to the volcano, Monaci delle Terre Nere is perched on Etna's slopes. The deep pink villa looks deceptively traditional as you approach, yet inside, stone walls, wooden beams and bare plaster mix with shiny glass, bright art works and bold contemporary lighting. Rooms are scattered throughout the grounds in converted farm buildings as well as some new-builds. Lay by the pool and gaze up at Mount Etna or at the vineyards fanning out below you to the coast.
- L'Approdo delle Sirene is ideal if you're looking for somewhere good value and family friendly. It's a B&B with breezy, colourful rooms, some with private balconies. Plus it's right on the water so perfect for a beach-y getaway.
For the Best Views
- With white-on-white bedrooms, glass-walled bathrooms and pared-down furnishings, Zash Country Boutique Hotel is a minimalist's joy, set within a traditional, ochre-coloured country house. Outside, there’s a shimmering infinity pool, beautiful, yet simple, gardens and views of Mount Etna.
- The Hotel Villa Carlotta is a luxurious villa on a clifftop, overlooking the Ionian Sea. There are 23 sumptuous rooms, suites and apartments with private balconies and terraces, stone floors and rich fabrics. The pool and restaurant are also idyllic.
- Cas’almare is a gorgeous, six room guesthouse in a sunny spot on the island of Favignana. As well as having a private beach this property offer private balconies and sea facing views.
- Also on Favignana, I Pretti Resort has just 16 rooms and suites and a serene atmosphere focussed on luxury and elegance. As well as overlooking the sea, you’re just a few minutes walk from the beach and surrounded by lovely, flower-filled gardens. Perfect if you want to relax.
For Historic Treasures
- One of the best places to stay if you're interested in the island's history is Eremo Della Giubiliana. It has an archaeological site within the hotel grounds, dating back to the 5th Century BC. This aristocratic country house is in the traditional Sicilian style with exposed stone walls and vaulted ceilings.
- For something grand and ornate, book Seven Rooms Villadorata. Frescoes on the ceilings, Baroque balconies and wonderful views make this small B&B a good option if you're looking for a historic and romantic setting. With only three rooms you're given excellent, personalised service.
Agriculture is still one of the island's main sources of income, but increasingly farms are offering accommodation. Perfect if you're interested in food and wine.
- Torre Marabino is a working farmhouse and very comfortable hotel. Think exposed beams, stonework and simple furniture. It has lovely gardens and a pool and serves in house wine in the excellent restaurant.
- Azienda Agricola Mandranova is a gorgeous converted olive farmhouse set on a hillside. There are 16 rooms and suites and two private cottages. The property is surrounded by African gardens and the food is excellent. Not to mention the beautiful views!
- The Hotel Villa Ducale is a romantic Sicilian villa overlooking the bay at Taormina. There are 17 characterful rooms and suites with Italianate furnishings and rose-clad terraces. They also have a very nice spa.
- Wine Resort Villagrande is a peaceful, elegant country house with four rooms overlooking the winery. The decor is cool and quite traditional and the views spread all the way out to the Ionian coast. The sunsets are magical.
- Tenuta Cammarana, is a gracious 18th-century country house owned and run by a Sicilian aristocratic family. They have a passion for both local food and wine, so you can expect fabulous gastronomic experiences. With just three rooms - some with stone vaulted ceilings - filled with antiques, staying here feels like you’re a family friend rather than a paying guest.
For a boutique stay
Sicily is crammed with stylish little properties and for a full list we recommend you check out our recommendations for the best boutique hotels in Sicily.
- Henry’s House is a unique property on the architecturally famous island of Ortygia, with 12 bohemian style rooms and a treasure trove of antiques and objets d’art. There’s also a wonderful sun terrace with amazing views over the Med.
- The Siracusa Resort has the only private beach in Syracuse, shared with the inhabitants of the other 11 rooms, one suite and three apartments. The decor is chic, lending from the natural elements - think exposed stone, whitewashed walls and fine fabrics.
- The Palazzo Failla probably doesn’t quite qualify as a boutique hotel, but the decor is really something, so if you’re looking for a small, unique property with aristocratic details - think frescoed ceilings, Toile du jouy wallpapers and rich fabrics - then this property, in the centre of Modica, is for you. it’s also has a Michelin-starred restaurant.
- Palermo’s Principe de Villafranca is a stylish, boutique hotel with parquet floors, cool white rooms and modern art. There’s a vast sitting-room-cum library and a very chic, double-height dining room. It’s close to many bars so you can pick up tips on your wine-tasting.
- On Sicily’s east coast, in Catania, Hotel Liberty is a gem of an Art Nouveau townhouse with lofty rooms, stone balconies and gracious furnishings. There’s also a very pretty courtyard for breakfasts.
For the vineyards
As well as being known for sweet wines (Marsala and Malvasia spring immediately to mind), Sicily's vineyards are producing more and more quality table wines. For a comprehensive list of the best places to stay to sample these goodies, visit our article on wine hotels in Sicily.
- In the heart of the famous, family-run Planeta vineyards near Menfi, La Foresteria Planeta is, arguably, one of Sicily's prime wine hotels. Colourful, individually decorated rooms mix contemporary and period pieces; each has a private terrace. With authentic Sicilian cuisine - lessons from the chef for the keen! - an infinity pool and sea views, this is near-perfect.
- Casa Italia is a collection of wonderfully converted stone cottages on the hillside in the centre of Modica. There are ten rooms/ suites/ apartments each with a private terrace and rather wonderful design which often incorporates the original stone of the cottages.
- Masseria degli Ulivi, tucked into the hillside above Noto and surrounded by olive groves, might not quite make the grade as a boutique hotel, but it’s definitely along those lines, while also being small, peaceful reasonably priced and family friendly. Only 20 minutes from the coast. Bedrooms are simple, cool and serene and there’s a beautiful infinity pool and open-sided dining room.
- If you want to be by the beach try Cambiocavallo in Modica, a traditional villa renovated with a minimalist design ethos and an attractive pastel palette. There are eight rooms, with private terraces, plus a lovely pool and sun deck.
- With gracious, traditionally furnished rooms - terracotta floors, carved wooden headboards - Hotel Villa Palocla, near Sciacca, is an excellent choice for families or groups of friends. There’s a beautiful, relaxing garden and knock-out infinity pool, too.
For Great Value
- Hotel Gutkowski has wonderful sea views and clean, whitewashed decor. The 26 rooms start from around £65 a night, so it's also great if you're on a budget or travelling with a family.
- In the heart of Palermo you’ll find ll Giardino di Ballaro, an 18th-century townhouse, now a quirky boutique B&B. There are five spacious and contemporary rooms surrounding a courtyard, each decorated with style and panache, perhaps a vintage radio, bright modern art or boldly coloured headboard. Breakfast is served al fresco in the courtyard under the shade of the citrus trees. Rooms start from around £80 per night including breakfast.
For an Apartment or Villa
If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Sicily has four airports: Palermo Airport, which is in Punta Raisi, about 35kms outside Palermo and Catania Airport, which is about 5kms outside Catania, which are both international airports with flag-carrier and low-cost airlines, and Trapani Airport and Comiso Airport, which are both favoured by European no-frills carriers.
- If you want to hire a car - which we highly recommend if you’re staying on Sicily - we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Sicily’s climate is Mediterranean, which, broadly speaking means hot, dry summers and mild, wet winters. But the climate does vary quite a bit depending on where exactly you stay - what with the impressive volcanic range running across the island. Summer temperatures average between 23°C to 26°C in July and August and 24°C in September. During summer the sea temperature is almost the same as on land. Autumn is wetter, but still warm, winter is cooler - perfect for walking holidays - and come spring it’s warm and sunny again.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Sicily
B&B Nonno Gino 3 rooms from £56Marsala
Stylish accommodation in the heart of Marsala offering rooms with a cool mix of chic and rustic furnishings. The best rooms have a balcony with fabulous views of the Arch of Garibaldi. Boasting an enviable location in the historic centre of Marsala and just a short distance from the beach.Beach Life - Only 4km from the pristine, white-sand beaches of Marsala.Local exploring - Ideally positioned to explore the historic city by foot.Local markets - Visit the nearby fish market, that lies adjacent to the Port of Garibaldi.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.
L'Orto Sul Tetto 6 rooms from £61Ragusa
Utterly charming B&B full of Sicilian character in Ragusa. Simple elegant rooms with parquet floors, comfy beds and white linens. Delightful breakfast roof garden surrounded by lemon trees. Understated, family friendly, and the best value spot in Sicily.Value chicViews - Lovely views from the terrace over RagusaSights nearby - Located in the centre of RagusaFull of character
Novecento, Modica 6 rooms from £65Modica
A great little B&B in the Baroque town of Scicli. Neat contemporary rooms and one suite with large bathrooms and frescoed ceilings. Great value, family friendly, and lots to do on the beach or exploring the nearby sights.Value chicSights nearby - Ancient caves of Chiafura. Bang in the centre of Baroque Scicli.Birdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Great walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - I Escape
SLO Design House 7 rooms from £65Marsala
Elegant designer rooms in the historic heart of Marsala boasting fabulous views over the Duomo. Chic rooms are modern in design with monochrome tones, clean lines and indulgent bathrooms. Spend days exploring the historic city before returning to exemplary Sicilian fare in the vibrant restaurant.Local exploring - Located in the historic center of Marsala, a wine town rich in history and archaeological finds.Beach Life - Only 4km from the picturesque beaches of Marsala.Sights nearby - Set within walking distance of the Duomo and the Promenade.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
Hotel Gutkowski 26 rooms from £66Syracuse
Beachy minimalism on Ortigia's peninsula with fabulous sea views from the terrace. White washed walls, dashes of sea blue, black and white chequered floors, and elegant beds. A great value choice for families or romantic breaks by the sea.Views - Wonderful seaviews or over the rooftops of OrtigiaValue chicRoof terraceSailing - Up the Ciane river in a gozzo (traditional sailing boat).Recommended by - I Escape, Frommers, CN Traveller
Giardini Mon Plaisir 6 rooms from £66Trapani
A small family-run hotel set in the heart of historic Trapani. A handful of rooms perfectly mix contemporary and traditional styles, think: exposed beams, simple wooden furniture, traditional tiled floors and crisp white linen. Offering an enormous pool, ever warm staff and an ideal location.Local exploring - Set in the heart of Trapani, ideal for exploring the city by foot and soaking in the authentic Sicilian way of life.Sights nearby - Visit the majestic Trapani cathedral.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolTraditional
B&B Il Giardino di Ballaro 5 rooms from £70Palermo (75/77)
Charming, characterful, colourful boutique B&B in the heart of historical Palmero. Rooms with quirky art and furnishings, air conditioning and direct access to lovely outdoor courtyard. Traditional Sicilian breakfast available. Child friendly and great value.Sights nearby - Moment from cathedral, Cappella Palatina, Tower of San NicolòLocal markets - Close to BallaròGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Hotel Villa Palocla 8 rooms from £70Nr Sciacca, Sicily
A great value four star hotel with a gorgeous pool and restaurant. The Baroque building has traditional rooms (singles, doubles, triples, quadruples) with pastel walls, antique beds, and stone floors. An excellent choice for families and groups who want to explore the surrounding area.GroupsValue chicFamiliesViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - CN Traveller
Marettimo Residence 42 rooms from £75TP, Marettimo
An eco friendly hotel with fully functional apartments for rent offering private terraces and wonderful views. Along with an outdoor pool and a massage tub, it also features a garden with barbeque facilities and a children's playing area. Cosy and comfortable, one of the few hotels on the island.Eco break - Built using natural materials, solar panels for heating water, a sewage treatment plant and sterilized drinking waterRemote - This is an off the beaten track place, in a peaceful and quiet setting with outstanding sea viewsHoneymoons - They offer special honeymoon packages. Includes a romantic dinner and a tour by boat at sunsetValue chic - This hotel is good value for money offering well priced rooms and facilities
Hotel Liberty 17 rooms from £76Catania
An elegant Art Nouveau townhouse on the eastern coast of Sicily in the historic town of Catania. Sophisticated rooms and suites with all the mod cons, private balconies, and muted tones. Meeting rooms, conference facilities, lovely courtyard, and excellent buffet breakfasts. Ideal for a stop off.Sights nearby - The Roman Amphitheatre, Baroque style buildings.Great walks - Good for walkers.Diving - Good diving nearby.Traditional
Cambiocavallo 8 rooms from £78Modica
Traditional villa renovated with contemporary minimalism between the sea and Modica. Rooms with attractive pastel washed walls, light wood furniture and private terraces. Lovely pool and sun deck, restaurants nearby. A great spot for a family holiday with access to beaches and sights around.Birdwatching - Nature reserves of Fiume Irminio and Vendicari.Sights nearby - Unesco-listed Baroque towns.Four poster beds - For romantics.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - I Escape
Villa U Marchisi B&B 5 rooms from £83RG, Sicily
A sweet and intimate B&B in a great location, close to the beach and the town area. Rooms are traditionally styled with tile floorings, exposed wooden beams and antique furniture. The outdoor pool is lovely and breakfast is served daily. A shared kitchen is also available for cooking.Beach Life - There are several quiet sea villages to be explored, with sandy beaches, crystal clear waters and blue skies.Local exploring - Explore Sicily - a world heritage site for its baroque architecture, a few kilometres from the hotel.Sailing - Hire a boat and explore Ragusa's coast and the charming spots further afieldSights nearby - Just a few kms outside Scicli a UNESCO world heritage site
Palazzo Failla 10 rooms from £96Modica
Elegant Baroque townhouse with a Michelin star restaurant. Aristocratic rooms have frescoed ceilings, rich fabrics, and walls of Toile du jouy. An excellent choice for the sophisticated cultural traveller with a sensitive palette.Foodies - Michelin star restaurant.Sights nearby - Located in the centre of ModicaLocal markets - Good for local colour.Traditional
Baglio Occhipinti 5 rooms from £87Ragusa
Gorgeous Italian manor house set within a vineyard. The house, from 1860 has five big bedrooms and living rooms to be enjoyed: filled with antiques, fantastic views and rustic fireplaces. All this plus an outdoor swimming pool, kitchen garden and restaurant using only locally sourced produce.Foodies - Explore the kitchen garden with organic fruit trees, local vineyards, plus foodie delights in nearby Putnesca & ScoglittiGreat walks - Putanesca, the small fishing village is a 20 minute drive away and has charming walksLocal markets - Daily fish market in Scoglitti, 15 minutes awaySights nearby - Short drive from the Baroque town of VittoriaRecommended by - Sawdays
Le Lumie 3 rooms from £88Modica
A picturesque B&B on the slopes of Modica with a charming garden and lovely views over Baroque rooftops. Contemporary bedrooms all in white with splashes of colour. Great value, and ideal for families - children under 3 go free.Views - Wonderful views over Modica's jumbled rooftops.Value chicSights nearby - Take in all the sights of Modica on footGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Sawdays
Henry's House 12 rooms from £100Syracuse (Ortigia)
This unique property is located on the architecturally famous island of Ortygia. All rooms are decorated in a bohemian style with wrought iron beds, fabulous antique furniture, art work and sea views. A typical Italian breakfast can be enjoyed on the sun terrace. Local cafés are walking distance.Sights nearby - The hotel is walking distance from the architectural Castello ManiaceSailing - Can be booked nearby.Full of characterViews - Great views from hotel
L'Approdo delle Sirene 8 rooms from £88Syracuse
Lovely beachy B&B on the seafront in Ortigia. Breezy cream rooms with splashes of colour, some with private balconies. Excellent roof top terrace overlooking the harbour. Great value, family friendly and excellent food.Views - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Unesco-listed Baroque towns.Cooking classes - Check for timings.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - I Escape, Frommers
Masseria Ciancio 8 rooms from £88Modica (Graffetta)
Wonderfully rustic sandstone farmhouse made into a collection of family suites and apartments. Rooms have traditional wooden beamed ceilings, white washed walls and beds with attractive throws. Swimming pool and plenty to do in the area - beaches and sights.Value chicFamiliesSights nearby - Unesco-listed Baroque towns and minutes drive from the Cava IspicaCooking classes - Check for timings.Recommended by - I Escape
B&B Delle Vittorie 5 rooms from £95Palermo
A chic and contemporary B&B, in the heart of the old city. Elegant and understated interiors, are matched by excellent service and a friendly atmosphere. Perfectly located for explore all the city has to offer, from bars and restaurants to museums and cathedrals. An excellent breakfast is included.Romantic Break - A pampering pad in the centre of the city, boasting comfy and stylish suites, four poster beds and excellent views.Local markets - Just a short stroll to the popular markets of Ballarò and Vucciria, head down to pick up some regional specialities.Sights nearby - Within walking distance of the Cathedral, the Quattro Canti, the Teatro Massimo, the Royal Palace.Great walks - Right in the centre of the historic old city, head out and explore her streets on foot.
Principe di villafranca 32 rooms from £96Palermo
Boutique hotel in the heart of Palermo, a short walk from the Politeama and Massimo theatres. Rooms have antique furnishings, marble floors, and vaulted ceilings giving an authentic, luxurious feel. A cozy Sicilian restaurant at the hotel and many bars on nearby streets. Ideal for work or pleasure.Great walks - Walk the city from Via Maqueda and Corso Vittorio EmanuelSights nearby - Explore 16th-century catacombsLocal markets - Explore Ballarò MarketRecommended by - Fodors
Hotel Carmine 5 rooms from £96Marsala
An elegant historic property in central Marsala. Beautifully styled rooms feature antique furniture, exposed stone walls and original ceramic tile floors. Indulgent breakfasts are served, massages can be arranged on request and there's an atmospheric bar too. An ideal base to explore the region.Local exploring - Situated near the Archaeological Park of Lilibeo among other historical sites.Beach Life - Located just 3km from the beach.Sights nearby - The Porta Garibaldi, a triumphal arch, is a short stroll from the hotel.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
BB22 6 rooms from £96Palermo
Excellent boutique B&B with attractive bedrooms in Palermo. Rooms and one suite combine contemporary lighting, artwork, and jazzy wallpapers with parquet floors, gilt mirrors and stand alone bathtubs. A great city spot for a romantic holiday.HoneymoonsRomantic BreakSights nearby - Situated in the heart of historic PalermoRestrictions on children - Children over 8 welcome.Recommended by - I Escape
Masseria degli Ulivi 34 rooms from £96Noto
A serene hillside hotel surrounded by olive groves in a remote setting above Noto. Bedrooms (plus some triples and quadruples) are perfect for families and groups, all decorated with contemporary elegance. Fabulous infinity pool and excellent restaurant. Close to beaches and sights nearby.Sights nearby - Palazzolo Acreide and the delights of the World Heritage Site NotoBirdwatching - Wetlands around Vendicari.Remote - Off the beaten track.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - I Escape
Maxim B&B 5 rooms from £96Palermo
A sweet, great value B&B in a central location in Palermo. Charming rooms and one suite have parquet floors, creamy tones, four poster beds and occasional modern art. Close to beaches and sights. Family friendly.Value chicSights nearby - Central Palermo so easy access to all the sightsLocal markets - Vucciria, Ballarò and del Capo street markets.Four poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - I Escape
Baglio della Luna 23 rooms from £96Agrigento
A fantastic little four star option just outside Agrigento and only 800 metres from the beach. An historic Sicilian house surrounded by sprawling terraces, luscious green gardens, and fantastic views over the Valley of Temples. Traditional and charming rooms, and a restaurant renowned far and wide.Views - Perfect views from the verandah restaurant over the Valley of Temples.Foodies - The restaurant is renowned for its culinary flair.Exclusive use - Excellent Sicilian wines.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Fodors
Donna Carmela 26 rooms from £98Riposto, Sicily
Donna Carmela is situated a short distance from Riposto, Sicily. Surrounded by lush gardens and offering wonderful views, it boasts sustainable architecture providing chic accommodation. Unwind in the spa or lounge by the pool. Take advantage of their wonderful wine-cellar! Utterly rejuvenating.Beach Life - With the beach just a few miles away you can easily spend your days lounging by the seasideLocal exploring - Make use of the free bikes to cycle all over the area and get to know your surroundingsFoodies - Enjoy delicious gourmet Sicilian cuisine at their restaurantGreat walks - Go hiking up Mount Etna if you fancy getting the blood pumping!Recommended by - CN Traveller
Masseria Susafa 18 rooms from £101Palermo, Sicily
A charming converted farm house, situated amidst olive groves and vineyards. Rustic chic interiors are totally enchanting with exposed stone, terracotta tiled floors and antique furniture. The cuisine is particularly special, home-cooked style Sicilian fare. The perfect spot to completely unwind.Country Escape - Rural Sicily at it's best. Unwind in the tranquil hotel, dine on regional delights and take gentle walks.Sights nearby - Due to the masseria's central location most of Sicily's top sights can be reached in an hour by car.Great walks - Take gentle ambles through the surrounding olive groves and vineyards.Cooking classes - Learn how to cook Sicilian style in the hotel's cookery school.Recommended by - Sawdays, Johansens, Tablet
Antica Badia Relais 12 rooms from £102Ragusa
Classic elegance in this beautiful old hotel. Frescoed ceilings, large arched windows, Baroque furniture, and oil paintings adorn the rooms and suites. Excellent restaurant and spa. A sophisticated choice for local explorers and romantics.Romantic BreakSights nearby - Located in the historical centre of RagusaGreat walks - Caves of Iblei Mountains.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Hotel Villa Angela 23 rooms from £105Taormina
Stunning views over the Ionian sea from a cliff top. Romantic rooms and suites have delicate four poster beds and linens. Gorgeous pool and good restaurant. A great choice for romantic break in a film star setting.Views - Amazing views of the Ionian Sea and Mount EtnaRomantic BreakSights nearby - Located near the old centre of TaorminaLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Sawdays
Baglio Oneto Resort 48 rooms from £11091025 Marsala, Sicily
A stylish 5-star hotel in Sicily offering 48 rooms with spectacular views of the sea from their private balconies. Feast on authentic regional cuisine while sampling wines from the property's own vineyard. A picturesque and tranquil spot just outside historic Marsala.Total relaxation - A tranquil spot complete with glorious pool and local wines, ideal for restful holidays.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRemote - Off the beaten track.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Hotel Kalura 72 rooms from £110Cefalu
An excellent beach front hotel with lots of activities on offer at the resort. With its own private beach area, the hotel offers snorkeling, scuba diving and fishing. Bedrooms are simple, clean and many have sea view balconies. Enjoy evenings on the outside dining terrace or in the hotel bar.Beach Life - 100-odd steps bring you down to a private bathing area, with deckchairs and umbrellas, plus an in house scuba school.Active Holiday - With everything from tennis courts, to scuba courses, a diving board and ping pong you are sure to be kept busy.Fishing - Try your hand at catching your supper with fishing from the private beach.On the beach - Fantastic beach location
Cas'almare 6 rooms from £127Sicily, Favignana
A gorgeous little guesthouse hotel in a sunny location with its own private beach and beach club. Chic creamy suites are luxurious in style, and all have private balconies and sea facing views. The perfect sun trap for a romantic beach holiday on the island of Favignana.Beach Life - Fantastic location just set back from the sea and a beach club.Views - Stunning ocean views.Seaside - The hotel’s beach club café serves light lunches, mainly sandwiches and salads.Sights nearby - Cala Rossa cove is famous for its rock formations.Recommended by - I Escape
I Pretti Resort 16 rooms from £112Favignana TP
I Pretti Resort is a charming hotel situated on the quaint little island of Favignana. A serene atmosphere pervades throughout the hotel, which focuses on luxury and elegance. With a yummy breakfast each morning in the flower filled gardens, it's perfect for a restorative relaxing holiday.Beach Life - A beautiful and serene spot overlooking the sea, and just a few minutes walk to the lovely Praia Beach on Favignana.Sights nearby - Visit the fascinating limestone caves and the Hypogeum Gardens.Fishing - Organise a sea fishing trip out from Favignana harbour.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Zash Country Boutique Hotel 9 rooms from £130Archi, Sicily
Minimalist and design fans will simply love this property. Blending old and new, nature and decor this property immerses its guests in the local surroundings. Glass walls, exposed stonework and in room jacuzzis. Sample the best in Sicilian cuisine in the sun filled gardens, A photographers dream!Sights nearby - Make a day trip to the ominous Mount Etna.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.OpulentFull of character
Club Levante 13 rooms from £114Pantelleria
A beautiful traditional stone property with outstanding sea views. The simple design of the rooms highlights the property's natural character: exposed stone walls, arched doorways, secluded terraces. A bar, infinity pool and massages on request complete the picture of idyllic laid back island life.Views - Views overlooking the Elephant Arch (an amazing rock formation which you can swim under) and over the MedGreat walks - The island is ideal for walking - explore the surrounding hills or meander around a salt water lakeHideaway - If an island escape wasn't enough solitude the secluded setting of the property should do itSwimming Pool - Outdoor infinity poolRecommended by - Sawdays
Relais Parco Cavalonga 15 rooms from £114Modica
Wonderfully spacious and modern self-catering apartments and rooms in a pretty valley location. Each sleeps 2-7, has polished floors, lots of natural light, white washed walls, and huge bathrooms. On-site chef, sparkling pool, magnificent gardens. Ideal for families and groups.FoodiesFamiliesSights nearby - Donnafugata’s castle and all the stunning baroque architecture of the Iblea regionSwimming Pool - Two outdoor infinity pools carved in the rocksRecommended by - I Escape
Abbazia Santa Anastasia 29 rooms from £135Sicily
A 12th-century converted Benedictine abbey set in acres of vineyards. Atmospheric interiors are traditional and luxurious with rich hues, wooden floors and antique furniture. The restaurant is superb. There's plenty to explore in the surrounding region or simply unwind with a good book.Total relaxation - A tranquil retreat surrounded by vineyards, boasting fabulous cuisine and a luxurious pool.Great walks - Take long walks through the picturesque countryside surrounding the property.Sights nearby - Visit the Unesco World Heritage Site Cefalù Cathedral.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Azienda Agricola Mandranova 16 rooms from £123Palma di Montechiaro, Sicily
Gorgeous olive farm and farmhouse on a hillside. Fabulous designer rooms, suites, and two private cottages, spectacular views, African gardens, excellent food and very family friendly. Still very romantic and very luxurious.Views - Great views from hotelGroupsFamiliesCooking classes - Check for timings.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Wine Resort Villagrande 4 rooms from £123Milo, Sicily
A peaceful Vineyard resort with views over the winery. This elegant country house has an array of sun terraces where guests can unwind. Rooms are cool, with classic high ceilings. Have a glass of local wine with dinner, whilst enjoying the glorious sunset over the hills.Local exploring - A great base for wine enthusiasts or simply exploring the area.Views - All rooms have views over the Ionian coastGreat walks - Etna National ParkBack to Nature
Monaci Delle Terre Nere 19 rooms from £123Zafferana Etnea, Sicily
Wonderfully chic retreat on the slopes of Mount Etna. Rooms and suites blend contemporary design with original elements; glass walls and parquet floors complement stone walls and wooden beams. Cinema, games room, tennis, an excellent restaurant. Very romantic, gourmet and family friendly.FoodiesWellbeingHoneymoonsActive HolidayRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, CN Traveller
Caol Ishka 9 rooms from £131Syracuse
Cool designer minimalism just outside Ortigia and within striking distance of the best beaches. Rooms have a mixture of designer and Baroque furniture, four poster beds, mezzanine levels, exposed brick walls and oak floors. Gorgeous pool and good restaurant. Ideal for a romantic beach holiday.Beach Life - Calamosche and Balsamo in the Vendicari Nature ReserveSights nearby - Baroque towns of Noto, Ragusa, Modica and Scicli - all Unesco World Heritage sites.Great walks - Cava Grande gorge.Birdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Recommended by - Tablet, I Escape
Hotel Villa Carlotta 23 rooms from £131Taormina
A beautiful luxury villa on the cliff tops over the Ionian sea. Sumptuous rooms, suites and apartments all with private terraces. Rooms have stone floors, delicate watercolours and rich fabrics. Fantastic restaurant and pool. Utterly romantic, but still very accommodating for families or groups.FoodiesFamiliesHoneymoonsGroupsRecommended by - I Escape, Small Luxury Hotels
Casa Talia 10 rooms from £132Modica
Stone cottage renovations on a hillside in central Modica. Rustic chic creatively mixed with flamboyant interior design; white stone walls, cerulean tiles, glass panels. Each has a private terrace. Very peaceful, wonderful views, family friendly.Views - All rooms have fabulous views down to the historic centre of ModicaFamiliesSights nearby - Discover historic Modica on footSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Il Baglio sull Acqua 10 rooms from £132Favignana
Il Baglio sull Acqua is located on the island of Favignana, a short walk from the beach. Set in a traditional stone building, it offers smart accommodation with glorious views of the area, plus outdoor pool and hot tub. Aziza bistro serves superb local dishes! Perfect for getting away from it all.Fishing - If you fancy a relaxing afternoon then head down to the sea for a spot of fishingGreat walks - Wander along the coast at sunset and marvel at the stunning viewsSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Views - Great views from hotel
Torre Marabino 7 rooms from £135Modica
A lovely working farmhouse with its own wine barrels and an excellent restaurant. Rustic rooms with wooden beams, white washed walls, exposed stone and simple furniture. Lovely gardens and pool. A romantic and gourmet spot.FoodiesSights nearby - Explore the Unesco Baroque towns of Noto and Modica, plus much moreSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Sawdays
Pantelleria Dream 46 rooms from £139Kamma, Pantelleria
An unusual hotel made up of sprawling stone villas on a natural island between Sicily and Tunisia. Fabulously spacious stone cottages with terraces set on the hillside overlooking the ocean. Infinity pool, delicious food, and exploring the natural reserve of the island - Robinson Crusoe style.Back to NatureViews - Great views from hotelRomantic BreakSights nearby - Middle Bronze Age village.Recommended by - I Escape
Hotel El Jebel 10 rooms from £158Taormina
A chic Five Star hotel in Catalan gothic style overlooking Naxos Bay. Romantic rooms and suites blend contemporary style with traditional materials. Stunning views from the roof terrace, excellent traditional Sicilian cuisine, private beach and a yacht to charter. Romantic, gourmet, luxury.Sights nearby - Castelmola, the Alcantara Gorges, the Aeolian Islands, Catania and SyracuseRomantic BreakBeach LifeGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Dimora dell'Olivastro 6 rooms from £140Sicily, Favignana
Bright and elegant eco-friendly accommodation on the picturesque island of Favignana. The building's earthy hues open onto bright chic interiors. Rooms boast glorious views, private terraces and white on white style. Surrounded by its own organic farm (which also produces wine). A fine stay.Eco break - The farm is entirely organic, the hot water comes from the solar panels and all products are eco-friendly.Romantic Break - Some rooms come with an outside bed, on which you can gaze at the star-spangled sky.Great walks - Take long walks through the rugged and picturesque countryside.Restrictions on children - Adult only
Siracusa Resort 11 rooms from £140Syracusa, Sicily
Stylish small resort with the only private beach in Syracuse. Eleven rooms, one suite and three apartments for the more independent minded. Chic interiors with natural elements: exposed stone work, white washed walls and fine fabrics. A grown up beach retreat a stone's throw from Ortigia.Outstanding location - Arrive by boat to really appreciate the fabulous locationViews - Lovely views over to the island of Ortigia and the Med.On the beach - The only resort in Syracuse with a private beachRestrictions on children - Adults only property. Over 14s are accepted.
San Domenico Palace 97 rooms from £142Taormina
Elegant, historic Grande dame of Taomina, magnificent views, luxurious rooms and suites and michelin starred restaurant. 5 star luxury created from a 14th century monastery. Antiques and original features balance perfectly with 21st century comforts and top notch service.Foodies - Enjoy the gourmet food at Principe Cerami with its two Michelin starsViews - Stunning views over both Mount Etna and Taormina BayPrivate Hot Tub - Garden suites come with private hot tubs on their terracesSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor Pool
Tenuta Cammarana 3 rooms from £145Modica (Sicily)
18th century country house which has been in this aristocratic family for generations, as has their good taste. Food is the star of the show: rustic Italian flavours paired with local wine. Rooms are filled with light and colour despite exposed stone ceilings. Enjoy the gardens and tennis courts!Sights nearby - The archaeological and UNESCO sites of Ragusa Ibla, Modica, Agrigento, SiracusaGreat walks - The scenic walking routes of the Sicilian countryside are on your doorstep.Restrictions on children - Children above the age of twelve welcome.Full of characterRecommended by - Sawdays, Tablet
Seven Rooms Villadorata 3 rooms from £168Noto
A historic building in Noto's medieval centre. Grand, beautiful architecture, frescoes on the ceilings, Baroque balconies, and ornate decoration. An elegant B&B with wonderful views. very romantic, also family friendly.Sailing - With or without a skipper can be arrangedLocal markets - Good for local colour.Great walks - Good for walkers.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Eremo della Giubiliana 25 rooms from £181Modica
Total relaxation in an aristocratic country house. Nature, peace and quiet, walks, serene valley views. Huge rooms and suites in traditional style with stone walls, fireplaces, vaulted ceilings and Sicilian furniture. A sophisticated country escape.Views - Incredible seaviews. On a clear day you can make out Malta and TunisiaCountry EscapeSights nearby - The hotel has its own archaeological site part of which dates back to 5BC.Cooking classes - Learn the art of Sicilian cuisineRecommended by - Tablet
La Plage Resort 61 rooms from £210Taormina (Isola Bella)
A chic property set on a quiet and picturesque beach. Spacious rooms are light and contemporary with polished wooden floors, plenty of glass and whitewashed walls. Feast on Mediterranean dishes in the atmospheric terrace restaurant and unwind in the pampering spa.Beach Life - The name says it all. A chic resort set on a beautiful stretch of beach.Great walks - Take long walks along the coast through the picturesque and rugged countryside.Sights nearby - Discover the ancient ruins of Taormina.Views - Great views from hotel
Hotel Villa Ducale 17 rooms from £229Taormina
La dolce vita in a romantic Sicilian villa overlooking the bay. Sensational views, frescoed walls, Italianate furnishings, rose-clad terraces, candlelit dinners, and a spa. Not far from the beach. The perfect choice for a honeymoon. Full of character and utterly romantic.Luxury - Traditional luxury includeds frescoed walls, brightly painted walls, trailing roses, hot tubs.Views - The terraces offer sensational bay views.Romantic - Good for couples.Romantic Break
La Foresteria Planeta Estate 14 rooms from £228Menfi, Sicily
Luxury wine resort in south west Sicily. Nestled amongst the vineyards, rooms are individually decorated with period pieces, all have private terraces and wonderful sea views. Authentic Sicilian cuisine and cookery lessons for the very keen! A family friendly, foodie haven, close to the beach.Cooking classes - Chef Angelo Pumilia teaches authentic Sicilian cooking in the hotel's spacious kitchenWine tasting - Have a guided wine tourGreat walks - Walk the vineyards and olive groves that surround La ForesteriaFull of character
La Moresca 15 rooms from £246Modica
A very special maison de charme with boutique rooms near Marina di Ragusa’s golden beach. Sophisticated rooms and one family room combine antique furniture with modern lighting and decoration. Attractive breakfast terrace with scented flowers. A great choice for a romantic or family beach holiday.Beach Life - Nearby is Marina di Ragusa’s long, golden beach.Sights nearby - Ancient Greek colonies of Kamarina and Kaukana.Full of characterLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape
Donna Coraly 5 rooms from £263Siracusa, Sicily
A stunning 13th-century fort, set amidst fragrant orange groves and rolling farmland. Beautifully detailed white-washed rooms with pops of colour from hand-painted tiles and intricately designed cast iron beds. Yummy regional cuisine made from their own farm produce and local producers.Eco break - An eco friendly break, with energy efficient suites, solar panels, and all fruit and veg, cheese and olive oil produced on site.Total relaxation - A wonderfully relaxing resort in pretty surrounds, chill out over a massage or lounging by the pool.Sailing - Explore the coastline by Catamaran or sailboat on a day trip.Sights nearby - Marvel at the Baroque beauty in the UNESCO protected Noto.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Villa Athena from £272Agrigento
A stunning Five Star villa set in a UNESCO heritage sight dotted with Doric temples. Modern Sicilian interiors are creamy and elegant. Four poster beds, hot tubs, private balconies, fantastic restaurant, swimming pool, and oh so luscious gardens. A spectacular choice for foodies and couples.Learning - The hotel sits in the Unesco World Heritage Site of the Valley of Temples,Views - Stunning views of the temples around and the infinite gardens.Garden - Stunning landscaped gardens.Foodies - Fantastic Sicilian cuisine.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Grand Hotel Timeo 70 rooms from £280Taormina
Timeless Sicilian elegance and classic luxury. Panoramic views from the romantic terraces, bar, restaurant and private balconies. Rooms and suites in creams with elegant furniture, and some with jacuzzis. A perfect spot for a honeymoon, romantic break or wedding.Views - Outstanding views across the sea and to Mount EtnaLuxuryRemote - Off the beaten track.Romantic BreakRecommended by - CN Traveller
Masseria della Volpe 22 rooms from £282Casale Modica, Sicily
A chic converted manor house in pretty rural Sicily. Rooms keep their original charm with exposed stone, soft hues and floating linen. The restaurant serves superb regional dishes and the wine cellar boasts an excellent collection. A spoiling spa will aid complete relaxation. Fabulous.Total relaxation - The ideal spot to relax with all amenities on site from spa to pool and yummy restaurant surrounded by picturesque countryside.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.Romantic - Good for couples.SpaRecommended by - Tablet, Johansens
Dimora Delle Balze 12 rooms from £345Noto
A beautifully converted 'masseria' situated in a pristine part of rural Sicily. Chic bedrooms perfectly mix the old and new with tiled floors, stone walls, contemporary fabrics and a few choice artefacts. Expect a glorious pool and plenty of quiet spots to curl up with a book.Hideaway - An idyllic hideaway in glorious rural Scicily.Sights nearby - Take a tour straight from the hotel of the ancient city of Noto.Great walks - Embark on long scenic walks starting straight from the property.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRecommended by - Tablet
Hotel Metropole, Taormina 23 rooms from £309Taormina
Fantastic Five Star luxury, Michelin star restaurant, and contemporary Italian interior design. Seamless rooms and suites with stand alone bathtubs, private balconies, and ethereal linens. Wonderful pool and spa area. Romantic, gourmet, and close to the beach.Foodies - Michelin starred restaurant.Views - Outstanding panoramic views5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Romantic BreakRecommended by - Tablet, CN Traveller, Kiwi Collection
House under the olive tree 2 rooms from £351Cefalu
Traditional self catering property (sleeps 4-6) which is just a short drive from Mazzaforno Bay. Retro rustic chic is the vibe and there's a pretty garden with olive trees and outdoor seating. Great for families or groups with plenty to do in the area but also for those who just want to chill!Self catering - Price quoted is per night for the entire house. Cleaning is every three days and there is a chef available on request.Exclusive useLocal markets - Good for local colour.Traditional
The Ashbee Hotel 25 rooms from £368Taormina
Spectacular grand villa with views to match. Sumptuous, elegant rooms and suites that ooze refined glamour. Floor to ceiling windows, parquet floors, designer furniture, rich wallpapers, private jacuzzis. Film star terraces, excellent restaurant and swimming pool. Indulgent romance.Views - Fabulous views up the coastRomantic BreakHoneymoonsSights nearby - Greek amphitheatre.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet
Verdura Golf & Spa Resort 203 rooms from £421Agrigento,, Sicily
A Rocco Forte hotel with two 18 hole golf courses, two swimming pools, a spa, four restaurants and a kids club. Classic and modern rooms and suites with private terraces, some with private pools. Very family friendly, but still luxurious. Ideal for golf enthusiasts, spa breakers and beach lovers.Restaurant - 4 restaurants, one for children.Golf - Two 18-hole courses.GymLuxuryRecommended by - Tablet
Villa on the cliff 4 rooms from £702Cefalu
Stunning cliffside self catering villa which sleeps up to 10. Jaw dropping views, plus access to a private beach. Smart interiors with air-con throughout, fully equipped kitchen and fabulous sit-out terrace overlooking the bay. A gorgeous spot to take the family or chill with a group of friends.Self catering - The villa has four bedrooms and can sleep up to 10. Cleaning every three days and chef available on request.Exclusive use - Price quoted is per night for the whole house in high season.Views - Wonderful views over the MedOutstanding location - Stunning cliffside location