Search the best hotels in Minakami
The mountainous town of Minakami is best-known as one of Gunma Prefecture's top hot spring resorts, with the majority of visitors choosing to spend their time rejuvenating in the splendid onsens. Located just an hour away from Tokyo, visitors in the winter can also enjoy wonderful skiing in the neighbouring valleys as well as white water rafting in the summer. The town also boasts stunning views of the surrounding mountains, so it's the ideal spot for those wanting to get away from it all and fully rejuvenate - and the best places to stay in Minakami are mostly set up to allow you to do exactly that!
What Not To Miss
- Hike up Mount Tanigawa in the summer, or go skiing down it in the winter.
- Taineiji Temple and Gakurin-ji Temple are both also well worth a visit.
- Doai Station has a series of underground tunnels that give it a fascinatingly eerie atmosphere... It's said to be the most haunted station in Japan!
To avoid disappointment, plan well ahead as the best places to stay in Minakami get quickly booked up.
The Best Places to Stay in Minakami
For a luxury stay
- Bettei Senjuan features wonderfully spacious traditional accommodation - think tatami flooring and private onsens - in a peaceful and secluded setting. What's more, there's splendid cuisine served up... A fantastic option.
- Fly into Tokyo's Haneda Airport before taking a train across to Minakami.
- Alternatively, hire a car with Rentalcars and drive yourself over.
- If you fancy exploring the area and enjoying the weather then come in the summer, from May to August, with the average temperature climbing to 25°C in July.
- However, Minakami's skiing means you can also have a wonderful time if you visit in the winter.
Still Not Sure?
Best Hotels in Minakami
Bettei Senjuan Minakami (Minakami-machi) 18 rooms from £508
Bettei Senjyuan enjoys a superb location in Mikanami and offers splendid views of Mount Tanigawa-dake. Enjoy traditional living spaces with tatami woven-straw flooring and private onsens-or try one of the six public hot-spring baths! Lovely cuisine served. A wonderfully peaceful and harmonious stay.Romantic Break - Beautiful accommodation, a quiet atmosphere and lovely cuisineCountry Escape - Bettei Senjuan enjoys a stunningly tranquil locationTotal relaxation - Unwind in their extensive spa facilitiesGreat walks - Hike up Mount Tanigawadake and enjoy the breathtaking panoramic viewsRecommended by - Tablet, Relais & Chateaux