Search the best hotels in Cameron Highlands
About Cameron Highlands
Once a popular hill retreat for British colonialists eager to escape the tropical heat, the Cameron Highlands are now a picturesque place for a restful holiday, complete with beautiful views, historic architecture and heaps of hiking trails. Most easily accessed from Ipoh, the region is dotted with towns and villages — including Tanah Rata and Brinchang, between which most of the best places to stay in the Cameron Highlands are located. Peruse our list to consider atmospheric period properties for active families, romantic couples or relaxed groups.
A lush plateau surrounded by dense jungle and the highest point in mainland Malaysia, the Cameron Highlands benefit from fresh breezes and cooler climes. Home to vast tea estates, vegetable farms, plant nurseries or grazing cows, the region is appealingly tranquil and bucolic. Keen hikers and horse riders can criss-cross the countryside on marked paths, visit butterfly gardens or marvel at refreshing waterfalls and crystal-clear rivers. Play a round of golf on the Cameron Highlands Golf Club's impressive 18-hole course, take guided tours of honey and strawberry farms, or admire mock-Tudor manors whilst sipping afternoon tea on the lawn of your hotel.
Brilliant as a retreat from bustling Kuala Lumpur or a rejuvenating addition to a well-rounded Malaysian itinerary, a trip to the Cameron Highlands feels very special. Book your room at one of the best places to stay in the Cameron Highlands well in advance — these gems risk filling up fast!
The Best Places to Stay in the Cameron Highlands
For Families or Groups
- The Smokehouse Hotel & Restaurant is perfect for relaxed family or groups trips. With two multi-room cottages, as well as family-friendly suites, it's a charming historic choice on the edge of the Cameron Highlands Golf Course. Tuck into delicious roasts after days of hiking, or enjoy legendary afternoon teas in the garden as a family.
- Cameron Highlands Resort is a luxurious choice, nestled alongside the region's only 18-hole golf course. Enjoy rejuvenating treatments at the Spa Village, scrumptious high teas and delicious dinners in the Japanese restaurant after days of golf or hiking. A very special wedding or honeymoon hideaway.
For a Tranquil Escape
- The Lakehouse offers stunning highland views from cosy guestrooms, sitting rooms with crackling fireplaces and a well-stocked bar. Unwind in romantic bliss at this 18-room idyll, south of Tanah Rata and Brinchang. Particularly good for couples or quiet hikers.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY Cottage
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Ipoh's Sultan Azlan Shah Airport from nearby hubs such as Singapore, and journey from Ipoh into the Cameron Highlands by car or bus. Alternatively, drive 3.5 hours or catch the train from Kuala Lumpur.
- If you're confident driving in Asia, Malaysia is a beautiful destination for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Daily temperatures hover between 19-29°C for much of the year in the Cameron Highlands, with the heaviest rainfall expected April - May and September - November. Showers are frequent and refreshing! Although still humid, this is one of the coolest areas in Malaysia.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Ipoh.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Malaysia.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Cameron Highlands
Best Hotels in Cameron Highlands
The Smokehouse Hotel & Restaurant Cameron Highlands, Pahang, Cameron Highlands 25 rooms from £90Local exploring - A brilliant base for exploring Tanah Rata, playing golf or hiking in the Cameron HighlandsGolf - Play a round on the adjoining golf course, viewed from some of the rooms in the newer wingFamilies - Large suites or the two multi-room cottages are ideal for big family or group tripsGreat walks - Take a guided walking tour of central Tanah Rata to admire historic architecture and delve into the region's past
A collection of rooms, suites & cottages in a historic Tudor-style building overlooking the golf course. Expect period interiors with four-poster beds & antiques. The highlights are the restaurant's hearty British roasts & afternoon teas, and the English country garden. For families & friends. See More
The Lakehouse Pahang, Cameron Highlands 19 rooms from £95Romantic Break - Cosy up in a Tudor-inspired room and admire breath-taking views, enjoy romantic dinners and explore a beautiful areaTrekking - Jungle treks are a superb way to experience the Cameron Highlands, spotting flora & fauna along leafy pathsCooking classes - Strawberry jam-making classes are a fun way to use local produce to create your own Lakehouse souvenirCountry Escape - A lovely rural escape for keen hikers and explorers to discover the Cameron HighlandsRecommended by - CN Traveller
A country house hotel near the Lake with a long Scottish heritage. A charming Highland sitting room, English high teas, Scotch whisky, and fantastic views over the lake. Bedrooms, suites, and family suites have fireplaces, four poster beds, and sumptuous fabrics. Ideal for an escape to the country. See More
Cameron Highlands Resort Cameron Highlands 56 rooms from £154Golf - Play a round at the verdant 18 hole golf course which faced the hotel, before returning for drinks or afternoon teaHoneymoons - A remarkable wedding or honeymoon venue, with a romantic, nostalgic feel and luxurious interiorsSpa breaks - The award-winning Spa Village promises rejuvenating treatments in a soothing settingLocal markets - Don't miss the bustle of the Brinchang Night Market, 800m from the hotelRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
An award-winning hotel set in the lush Cameron Highlands. There's plenty to do, including a round the 18-hole golf course, trekking in the jungle, relaxing at the Spa Village, or dining in the Japanese restaurant. Luxurious rooms and suites have four poster beds and chic boutique furnishings. See More