Search the best hotels in Tioman Island
About Tioman Island
Set off Malaysia’s eastern coast, verdant Tioman Island is a secluded paradise for adventurers, beachgoers and romantics. Surrounded by the crystal clear waters of the Mersing Marine Park — part of the South China Sea — the island is fringed with white sand beaches and coated in lush jungle. Accommodation options are few and far between, consisting mostly of simple guesthouses or beach cabanas. Our list of the best places to stay on Tioman Island highlights a gorgeous hillside resort, perfect for getting away from it all.
Just 39km long and 12km wide, Tioman Island is brilliant for keen hikers, birdwatchers and wildlife enthusiasts to explore on foot. Hike through the jungle to cascading waterfalls, striking viewpoints or friendly villages. Kampung Mukut and Kampung Genting are well worth a wander, whilst the commerical hub of Kampung Tekek is a good starting point for excursions on both land and sea. Golfers can play a round at the Tioman Island Golf Club. Don’t miss the chance to delve beneath the waves on a snorkelling or diving trip, spotting multi-coloured corals and striped tropical fish in the protected marine park.
Kick back on beautiful beaches, enjoy rejuvenating spa treatments and feast on fresh, organic fare at the best places to stay on Tioman Island.
The Best Places to Stay on Tioman Island
For a Romantic Escape
- Japamala Resort is a classic honeymoon idyll with 13 stilted villas tucked amidst the jungle and overlooking the ocean. Expect minimalist interiors, private balconies — sometimes a private pool — and beautiful views. Delectable dishes are served in three restaurants, and there's a soothing spa. Romantic bliss.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Singapore's Changi Airport or to Kuala Lumpur International Airport and hop aboard a bus or drive to the coast; the journey from Singapore to Malaysia's east coast is much shorter. Ferries to Tioman Island take around 2 hours from Mersing or Tanjung Gemuk Jetties.
- If you're confident driving in Asia, Malaysia is a beautiful destination for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Tropical and humid, Malaysia is a year-round destination. Temperatures hover around 28-33°C for much of the year, with the heaviest rainfall expected between September and November.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Kuala Lumpur.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Malaysia.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Tioman Island
Best Hotels in Tioman Island
Japamala Resort Pulau Tioman, Tioman Island 13 rooms from £120Honeymoons - With just 13 villas tucked in the jungle & delicious private dining experiences, this is a wonderful seaside honeymoon choiceTrekking - Hike to Genting Village with an expert guide, spotting endemic birdlife, monkeys and monitor lizards in the verdant jungleKayaking - Hop into the hotel kayaks to explore the crystal clear waters which lap at Tioman's coastlineBeach LifeRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
A dream honeymoon destination: a gorgeous stilted paradise on white sands surrounded by lush jungle & clear ocean waters. Zen suites under wooden domes have all the mod cons, pools & private balconies. Three excellent restaurants - Italian, pan-Asian & grill - and a soothing spa. Barefoot luxury. See More