Search the best hotels in Cospicua
As one of the 'Three Cities', Cospicua much like Birgu and Senglea played a significant role in island's effective defense in the Great Siege of Malta. Cospicua was first settled in the Neolithic times and in the wake of siege became one of Malta's largest towns as a result of the fortifications built by the Order of St. John. Architecture and religion go hand in hand in Cospicua with beautiful churches dotted around the city. Our pick of the best places to stay in Cospicua are all small intimate boutique finds in the centre of the town.
What not to miss:
- The city is home to beautiful 17th-century fortifications. Some of the fort's finest features are the Santa Margherita Lines, the Cottonera Lines, and Saint Helen's Gate.
- The city has a number of lovely churches. The best of which include Parish church of the Immaculate Conception, the church of St. Theresa, and the chapels of St. Paul and St. Margaret.
- Cospicua plays host to religious festivals throughout the year. It is particularly well known for the city's celebration of Good Friday and the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.
- It's very easy to hop over to Valletta from Cospicua with ferries running throughout the day.
The best places to stay in Cospicua tend to get very busy over the peak holiday periods and especially July and August. So if you're planning a visit, get organised and book well ahead.
The best places to stay in Cospicua
For the Centre of Town
- Julesy's BNB is an 18th-century townhouse boasting four charming rooms. It's superbly located right in the centre of town, and you can tuck into tailor-made breakfasts each morning before returning in the evening to enjoy the contents of their wine cellar.
- Casa Birmula is a botique stay with gorgeous accommodation expertly blending old with new. What's more, some of the rooms have stunning harbour views; or, you can enjoy them whilst having a dip in the rooftop pool.
- Six-room Boco Boutique is an ideal stay for design-conscious visitors. The rooms feature an eclectic variety of colours, and there's a large rooftop lounge complete with a hot tub, bar, and sun deck.
For Just Outside Cospicua
- Locanda La Gelsomina is located in Birgu, just a short distance outside Cospicua. This four-star retreat boasts charming interiors that're bound to please, as well as being an utterly relaxing spot - it's a favourite for for yoga retreaters and has an exotic teahouse, to boot.
- Senglea's Cugo Gran Macina Grand Harbour is a luxurious stay with views to die for. There are 21 smart suites, a lovely pool, and a modern Maltese restaurant. A wonderful option!
For a self-catering option
- Explore the options at our online partner, Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Cospicua is Malta International (4 miles).
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Cospicua is either March to June or September to November.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Cospicua
Boco Boutique Cospicua 6 rooms from £72Local exploring - In-house award-winning tour guides who can help you navigate your way through the Three Cities.Sights nearby - Explore Malta's historic sites including Fort Sant Angelo.Local markets - Discover the bustling Valletta Market, barely a mile away.Restrictions on children - Adult only
Where the present floods the past with colour, this eclectically creative designer hotel has just six rooms. Modern artworks adorn the exposed stone walls. Located barely 400 meters from the medieval centre of town and boasting a rooftop lounge with sun deck, hot tub and bar. See More
Casa Birmula Cospicua 11 rooms from £96Local exploring - Cospicua is an old fortified city brimming with historySailing - Tour around the bays of Malta and Gozo in the hotel's cabin cruiserSights nearby - Take a guided tour of Malta's Three CitiesDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
Stunningly decorated boutique hotel in Cospicua with a rooftop pool and on-site bar overlooking the Grand Harbour. Blending the old and new, with 17th century exposed stone walls and modern artworks. The best rooms have impressive harbour views from their balconies. A charming stay. See More
Julesy's BnB Cospicua 4 rooms from £147Local exploring - Ideally located for seeing Malta's historical highlights.Sights nearby - Catch the 12 minute ferry to the capital city, Valletta. Visit Rinella Bay, the only sandy beach in the Grand Harbour.Restrictions on children - Adult only property.Full of character
18th century townhouse turned luxury B&B located in the harbour town of Cospicua. Knowledgeable Australian hosts, Julie and Glen, guarantee a warm welcome with tailor made breakfasts, cooking classes, a well stocked wine cellar and a choice of 4 contemporary styled suites. See More