Cabo San Lucas
Search the best hotels in Cabo San Lucas
About Cabo San Lucas
The thriving party heart of Baja California Sur, Cabo San Lucas is a top destination for sociable travellers looking to fuse kicking back at the coast with big, fun-filled nights out. The arid, cacti-filled landscape is also wonderful to explore, and there are heaps of activities to enjoy out on the water. Book a self-catering spot for extra independence, or treat yourself to an indulgent resort holiday, complete with superb facilities and a lively buzz. Many of the best places to stay in Cabo San Lucas are great for couples or groups of friends, but our top picks also include some family favourites — perfect for an active getaway with the kids!
Hugging a picturesque curve of sandy coastline, Cabo San Lucas is an excellent spot for watersports enthusiasts. Spend your days sailing, jet-skiing and kitesurfing, or try whale watching, snorkelling and diving. There are also ample opportunities to go horse riding along the beach, to take scenic strolls, or to simply soak up the sunshine on long golden beaches framed by craggy white cliffs. Keen golfers will find world-class courses, whilst many resorts also offer tennis courts, extensive games rooms and sumptuous spas.
Venture inland for expansive deserts of cacti and unusual wildlife, go bird-watching in the nearby San José Estuary, or admire the views from picturesque Land’s End. For a sense of the region’s intriguing past, visit historic San José del Cabo. Just 40 minutes from Cabo San Lucas and close to the airport, San José del Cabo features a fascinating old town — complete with the imposing Mission San José del Cabo — as well as appealing galleries, boutiques and heritage edifices. It’s ideal for a laid-back amble and a delicious, more low-key dinner.
If it’s lively bars, hip clubs and terrific resorts that you’re after, Cabo San Lucas is the place to go. The best places to stay in Cabo San Lucas tend to be big resorts — delve into our recommendations to find the one for you.
The Best Places to Stay in Cabo San Lucas
For Grown Ups
- Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal is perched dramatically between a craggy cliff and the azure sea, promising a sophisticated, tranquil retreat from the rest of the world. Especially brilliant for honeymoons or special celebrations, the resort has an elegant, grown-up feel. Think swish design, a superb spa and candlelit evenings.
- The Cape is a trendy, minimalist beach resort with dramatic sea views from chic, understated rooms, a hip rooftop lounge, three restaurants and two swimming pools. Pick this place for the impressive architecture, striking setting and lively nightlife. For sociable adults.
- Chileno Bay Resort is a beautiful property with blue-and-white interiors and spectacular sea views. Set on one of Cabo's few swimmable beaches, the resort offers stacks of family-friendly activities — including a kids club — as well as chic multi-bedroom villas. A luxurious family pick.
- Bahia Hotel & Beach House has super-stylish rooms, suites and villas with a pared-back, urban feel and heaps of space for guests of all ages. Lovely and laid-back, this is the perfect pick for surfers and beach-goers eager to soak up the sunshine, to take a boat trip, to try paddle boarding or to go horse riding before indulging in fabulous beachside lunches and dinners. For sandy-toed adventurers of all ages.
For Barefoot Luxury
- Las Ventanas al Paraíso is a spectacular beach resort, with 84 vibrantly-decorated suites and villas, showcasing Mexican motifs and fine craftsmanship. An enchanting choice for honeymoons or familiy holidays, the resort boasts brilliant sea views, eight superb pools and an innovative wellness centre. Pure indulgence.
- Esperanza promises a luxurious collection of rooms, suites, villas and casitas. Choose this place for the gorgeous Baja-style decor, the plethora of eateries and the fun activities — including kids' cooking classes and horse riding on the beach — as well as the superb spa. The only private beach resort in Los Cabos.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Los Cabos International Airport, just outside San José del Cabo. The journey to Cabo San Lucas takes around 40 minutes by taxi from the airports. Public shuttle buses are available, but there's not much space for luggage. Most hotels will be happy to arrange an airport pickup in advance.
- This is a great region to explore by road. Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Expect an arid climate with balmy temperatures throughout the year, and dry weather from November to May. Do consider avoiding the rainy season (July to September), unless you're happy to kick back at the bar until the sky clears.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in San José del Cabo.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see the best places to stay in Baja California Sur.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Cabo San Lucas
Best Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Bahia Hotel & Beach House Cabo San Lucas (Playa El Medano) 81 rooms from £239Families - There are a number of options available for family accommodation here; try the two-bedroom suite which has two private terracesBeach Life - Set on a pretty stretch of the Baja Sur coast, this hotel has access to great beaches for surfing, paddling or just sunbathingGroups - Book the poolside villa for a group stay, boasting its own private hot tub - perfect for a special occasion tripFishing - Try something new and go on a deep-sea fishing trip through the hotel; get tips from hotel guides to secure your catch
This stylish beachfront hotel offers personalised service on the coast of Cabo San Lucas in Mexico. Rooms are sophisticated but unpretentious, with plenty of space for families in the larger suites; choose the designer room for added indulgence with custom-made furnishings. A relaxed, friendly stay. See More
Nobu Hotel Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas 200 rooms from £410Designer - Interiors blend contemporary Japanese minimalism with locally-sourced natural, Mexican materials and finishesFoodies - Chef Nobu Matsuhisa continues his trend-setting ways, bringing his trademark Japanese-fusion dishes to lifeRomantic Break - Pick one of the suites with private terraces and enormous soaking tubs for a romantic baseSpa - The spa is vast and includes hydrotherapy areas and 13 treatment roomsRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
True to the brand, Nobu Los Cabos offers sleek Japanese design merged with traditional style. Rooms and suites are very stylish with plenty of wood, large swathes of glass, and sharp lines. Dining is, of course, a real focal point with both Japanese and Mexican offerings. A luxury coastal stay. See More
Las Ventanas al Paraiso Cabo San Lucas (Cabo Real) 71 rooms from £614Sights nearby - Todos Santos is one of the colorful and charming towns and villages easily reached on day trips.Restaurant - Mexican cuisine, but there is always the choice of the outdoor sea grill.Tennis - Work up a sweat with some afternoon tennis in the sunFishing - Deep sea fishing for blue marlin.
This luxurious hotel faces the Sea of Cortez and is situated a few miles outside Cabo San Lucas. Each of their elegantly decorated and romantic suites feature marbled bathrooms and a terrace with a telescope so you can properly enjoy the views. Visit the spa where pampering is second to none. See More
Chileno Bay Resort Cabo San Lucas (Chileno Bay) 92 rooms from £527Beach Life - Located on one of the only swimmable beaches in the region, this resort is a coveted beach getawayRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's first-class facilities and the great experiences on offerFamilies - With large, villa accommodation and a kids club, this is a family-friendly resortSailing - Climb on board a hotel yacht and enjoy views of some of Cabo’s most beautiful spots, including the Arch and Lover’s Beach
This contemporary resort is located on Chileno Bay, one of Cabo's few swimmable beaches. Rooms blur the line between inside and outside with private terraces and nautical accents. The hotel's luxury villas offer a pool, kitchen and multiple bedrooms. Snorkel off the coast; a charming seaside resort. See More
Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal Cabo San Lucas BCS 105 rooms from £527Beach Life - Located directly on a soft sandy swath of beach.Swimming Pool - All rooms and suites come with their own private plunge poolTennis - Find two Laykold surfaced courts on site.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A luxury resort sitting against a rock face overlooking a gloriously secluded beach. Chic rooms take advantage of the views with large windows and private terraces. A superb spa is utterly pampering and an infinity pool ideal to curl up with a good book. The perfect beach escape. See More
The Cape Cabo San Lucas 115 rooms from £553Beach Life - Situated right on the beach. Find stunning views and excellent surf.Surfing - Find great waves for the experienced and classes are available for newcomers.Sailing - Take a romantic cruise or a whale spotting tour.Restrictions on children - 13+ welcome.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A seriously chic beach side property. Rooms are all glass and minimalist style. A trendy rooftop lounge is perfect for evening drinks. A choice of three restaurants, all excellent, leaves you spoilt for choice. There's two pools and access to a beach with great surf. A luxury beach experience. See More
Esperanza Cabo San Lucas 117 rooms from £663Beach Life - Set on a picturesque swathe of white sand beach and boasting a perfect vantage for whale watching.Private Hot Tub - Garden spa casitas and all suites feature infinity edged hot tubsFishing - Fish for striped marlin on a deep sea fishing excursion.Cooking classes - Learn to make ceviche in the hotel cooking classes.
A luxury resort boasting excellent facilities. A collection of casitas, villas and suites are naturally styled with exposed beams, soft hues and windows framing the ocean views. A glorious spa will ease any aches and pains and the six restaurants give a varied taste of South America. Superb. See More
Montage Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas (Int. Bahía Santa María) 122 rooms from £879Designer - Design is a cool minimalist take on traditional style — local fabrics & materials have been used but the feel is sleek & modernWellbeing - Some of the menu has been created by celebrity nutritionist Kelly LeVeque and the spa includes some serious mind-body optionsBeach Life - Set overlooking Santa Maria Bay; this is a quiet stretch of beach with powder white sands and calm seas perfect for swimmingSpa - Spa Montage Los Cabos includes a wide range of treatments plus extras like a guided journey with the resident shaman
A sleek modern hotel by the Montage group set on a gorgeous stretch of beach. The design is inspired by traditional style but the feel is fresh, minimalist, and contemporary. There are two dining options (casual and less so) and an expansive spa that includes a resident shaman. Beach perfection. See More