Cabo San Lucas
Search the best hotels in Cabo San Lucas
About Cabo San Lucas
The Baja Peninsula’s Cabo San Lucas is known for being a lot of fun, the kind of place where you will want to join a conga line - even if that’s the last thing you planned to do outside of a family wedding. The clubs have reputations. But Cabo San Lucas is also extremely beautiful - the classic hangover cures here are whale watching, jet-skiing, snorkelling and parasailing. The beaches - long stretches of white sand ending in spectacularly arching cliffs - are the backdrop for many of the best places to stay in Cabo San Lucas.
Behind the coast is a corridor of strange desert with tree-sized cacti and surprising wildlife, and then it’s San José del Cabo, which is the traditional Cabo, with the Old Town, the mission and a more peaceful evening’s entertainment.
Cabo San Lucas has some seriously luxurious resort hotels and some glorious golf courses, but its also got a lot of fairly generic American chain hotels offering all inclusive fun. If that’s not your scene consider opting for one of the best places to stay in San José del Cabo, which are quieter and more traditionally Mexican.
What Not to Miss
- Water related activities really top the bucket list for Cabo San Lucas. The diving and snorkelling are world-class, the kitesurfing is good too. It’s a spectacular place to sail or sea kayak, or you might want to try parasailing or jet skiing?
- Ride a horse along the beach or stay grounded and simply take a stroll.
- The golf courses in the area are well renowned and there are numerous championship courses to pick from.
- East of the city is the San José Estuary, which is known as a home for hummingbirds, ibis and herons - among many others. San José del Cabo is also close to several annual whale migration routes.
- Land’s End is a particularly picturesque spot, a ground of rock formations carved by the wind and waves offering incredible views. This is also a good place to spot sea lions.
- Beyond this, the Land's End stretch of coastline is also known worldwide as a fishing, scuba diving and snorkelling destination.
- Visit neighbouring, San José del Cabo which has numerous charming buildings including the Mission San José del Cabo which the entire city was built around. Founded in 1790 it was rebuilt in 1940, but is still a highlight of the historic district. The Church of San Lucas and the market place are also particularly pleasing. Nearby you’ll also find some rather nice galleries exhibiting work by local artists.
The Best Places to Stay in Cabo San Lucas
For a Beach Break
- The Cape is a seriously chic, beachside property with 115 minimally designed rooms with plenty of glass to let in the incredible views. There are three restaurants and a hip rooftop lounge. Plus two pools and direct beach access. And the surf is good.
- The Resort at Pedregal is a luxurious stay right on the beachfront. Their super-chic rooms are bound to please, as will their extensive spa facilities. Dreamy!
For Utter Luxury
- If you want your own infinity edged hot tub overlooking the ocean, then Esperanza might be for you. This collection of casitas, villas and suites offer every luxury, there are six restaurants in the complex and an impressive spa. The hotel also offers cooking classes and they can set you up on a fishing trip too.
For an Escape
- Located a few miles outside of Cabo San Lucas, Las Ventanas al Paraíso faces out onto the Sea of Cortez, and offers those staying in its 71 rooms and suites spectacular views as well as elegant, rather romantic decor. They even give you a telescope. The spa is very good, and this is a great choice if you’re looking for somewhere a bit more peaceful.
For an Apartment or Villa
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, Booking.com.
- The regional airport, Los Cabos International Airport, is just outside San José del Cabo. From the airport, the best way to get to your hotel is probably by shuttle bus - there are public buses which are modern and air-conditioned, but there’s not really anywhere to put luggage.
- If you’re thinking about hiring a car we recommend checking what our online partners, Rentalcars have to offer.
- Cabo San Lucas has an arid climate, with rain a scarcity confined to late summer, and maximum daily average temperatures ranging from a pleasant 26°C in January to 34°C in July and August. Late summer is hurricane season so best avoided.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Bahia Hotel & Beach House Cabo San Lucas (Playa El Medano) 81 rooms from £239Families - There are a number of options available for family accommodation here; try the two-bedroom suite which has two private terracesBeach Life - Set on a pretty stretch of the Baja Sur coast, this hotel has access to great beaches for surfing, paddling or just sunbathingGroups - Book the poolside villa for a group stay, boasting its own private hot tub - perfect for a special occasion tripFishing - Try something new and go on a deep-sea fishing trip through the hotel; get tips from hotel guides to secure your catch
This stylish beachfront hotel offers personalised service on the coast of Cabo San Lucas in Mexico. Rooms are sophisticated but unpretentious, with plenty of space for families in the larger suites; choose the designer room for added indulgence with custom-made furnishings. A relaxed, friendly stay. See More
Las Ventanas al Paraiso Cabo San Lucas (Cabo Real) 71 rooms from £614Sights nearby - Todos Santos is one of the colorful and charming towns and villages easily reached on day trips.Fishing - Deep sea fishing for blue marlin.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Outstanding location
This luxurious hotel faces the Sea of Cortez and is situated a few miles outside Cabo San Lucas. Each of their elegantly decorated and romantic suites feature marbled bathrooms and a terrace with a telescope so you can properly enjoy the views. Visit the spa where pampering is second to none. See More
Chileno Bay Resort Cabo San Lucas (Chileno Bay) 92 rooms from £527Beach Life - Located on one of the only swimmable beaches in the region, this resort is a coveted beach getawayRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's first-class facilities and the great experiences on offerFamilies - With large, villa accommodation and a kids club, this is a family-friendly resortSailing - Climb on board a hotel yacht and enjoy views of some of Cabo’s most beautiful spots, including the Arch and Lover’s Beach
This contemporary resort is located on Chileno Bay, one of Cabo's few swimmable beaches. Rooms blur the line between inside and outside with private terraces and nautical accents. The hotel's luxury villas offer a pool, kitchen and multiple bedrooms. Snorkel off the coast; a charming seaside resort. See More
The Resort at Pedregal Cabo San Lucas BCS 105 rooms from £527Beach Life - Located directly on a soft sandy swath of beach.Views - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorOn the beach - In front of the hotel.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A luxury resort sitting against a rock face overlooking a gloriously secluded beach. Chic rooms take advantage of the views with large windows and private terraces. A superb spa is utterly pampering and an infinity pool ideal to curl up with a good book. The perfect beach escape. See More
The Cape Cabo San Lucas 115 rooms from £553Beach Life - Situated right on the beach. Find stunning views and excellent surf.Surfing - Find great waves for the experienced and classes are available for newcomers.Sailing - Take a romantic cruise or a whale spotting tour.Restrictions on children - 13+ welcome.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A seriously chic beach side property. Rooms are all glass and minimalist style. A trendy rooftop lounge is perfect for evening drinks. A choice of three restaurants, all excellent, leaves you spoilt for choice. There's two pools and access to a beach with great surf. A luxury beach experience. See More
Esperanza Cabo San Lucas 117 rooms from £663Beach Life - Set on a picturesque swathe of white sand beach and boasting a perfect vantage for whale watching.Private Hot Tub - Garden spa casitas and all suites feature infinity edged hot tubsFishing - Fish for striped marlin on a deep sea fishing excursion.Cooking classes - Learn to make ceviche in the hotel cooking classes.
A luxury resort boasting excellent facilities. A collection of casitas, villas and suites are naturally styled with exposed beams, soft hues and windows framing the ocean views. A glorious spa will ease any aches and pains and the six restaurants give a varied taste of South America. Superb. See More