Baja California Sur
Search the best hotels in Baja California Sur
About Baja California Sur
The second-longest peninsula in the world, Mexico’s Baja California is a mesmerising landscape of charming villages, beautiful historic towns and stunning deserts fringed by striking coastline. Popular with travellers from the USA and further afield, the southern tip of the peninsula boasts a whole array of fabulous beach resorts, intimate guesthouses and lovely villas. Many of the best places to stay in Baja California Sur are elegant and grown-up, but there are some superb family-friendly resorts too, as well as appealingly laid-back hideaways for couples or friends to unwind in absolute tranquility.
The bohemian town of Todos Santos is a particular favourite, its cobbled streets lined with lively eateries, quirky galleries and funky boutiques. There are spectacular sandy beaches nearby and some great surf, too. Book a room in town or stay nearby for the best of both worlds. Pop into the Centro Cultural for an insight into the region’s past.
Further south, glamorous resorts are dotted along the coast of Los Cabos, perfect for indulgent honeymoons, trips with friends or adventurous family holidays. With sailing, fishing, kayaking and snorkelling or diving to try out on the water, as well as horse riding, nature treks and off-road excursions on land, there’s no shortage of activities to keep visitors of all ages entertained. Don’t miss the opportunity to discover the region’s marvellous landscapes — including El Arco of Cabo San Lucas — and its unique cultural heritage if you can.
Expect spectacular coastlines, artsy historic towns and wonderfully luxurious properties to relax in after big days out. The best places to stay in Baja California Sur fill up fast — book your stay well in advance if travelling at Christmas, New Year or during the school holidays!
The Best Places to Stay in Baja California Sur
For an intimate hideaway
- La Bohemia is a historic B&B with exposed floorboards, hand-painted tiles and pretty, patterned headboards in eight bedrooms. Chill out in the tropical garden, take a dip in the pool and stroll around Todos Santos before hitting the beach. Intimate and characterful, great for couples, friends or families.
- The Todos Santos Inn is a smart little hotel, nestled in central Todos Santos. Stay here for the charming, colonial-style rooms, great location and the wonderful restaurant specialising in top-notch Mexican cuisine. Lovely.
- Villa del Faro promises a charming eight-bedroom eco-getaway, created by twelve Californian artists. Think antique furnishings, muslin-draped four poster beds and airy spaces with striking ocean views. Perfect for couples, friends or families looking for a secluded escape with heaps of outdoor activities and a focus on nature.
- Casa Natalia boasts 18 bright suites, decorated with bold Mexican artwork and featuring private terraces with hammocks perfect for lazy afternoons. Stroll the streets of San José del Cabo before tucking in to gourmet delights at Mi Cocina, the property's famed restaurant. Peaceful and romantic — an intimate foodie favourite.
- Guaycura Boutique Hotel is located within a red-brick heritage building in the centre of Todos Santos. Book one of 14 comfortable rooms, relax on the roof terrace, explore the town, or head to the property's beach club & spa (10 minutes away) for a delicious dinner with striking sea views. Friendly and laid-back.
- Hotel Posada La Poza promises an intimate beachfront escape with nine individually-designed rooms and suites boasting huge walk-in showers and lovely terraces. The El Gusto restaurant is a highlight, as is the enormous saltwater swimming pool. A romantic owner-run hideaway.
- ACRE is a gorgeous eco-retreat with thatched treehouses and environmentally-friendly minimalist villas nestled in the foothills of San José del Cabo. Spend your days lounging by the pool, doing yoga, or playing badminton and croquet before kicking back with a craft cocktail and a delectable meal at the organic farm-to-table restaurant. An adults-only haven.
- El Ganzo offers trendy, adults-only rooms and suites overlooking the marina in San José del Cabo. Expect generous terraces, funky modern art and white-on-white decor. Sip sundowners by the rooftop pool, tour the art gallery and head out on the water. Cool and contemporary.
- Hotel San Cristobál is a wonderfully romantic luxury property set right on the beach in Todos Santos. Pick this place for the striking views — admire flocks of birds flitting overhead as fishermen pull in their catch on the beach — the quirky, retro interiors, and the fabuous fusion of Mexican and Mediterranean cuisine. Children over the age of 12 are welcome, but this feels more like a couples' or friends' hideaway.
- Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal is perched dramatically between a craggy cliff and the azure sea, promising a sophisticated, tranquil retreat from the rest of the world. Especially brilliant for honeymoons or special celebrations, the resort has an elegant, grown-up feel. Think swish design, a superb spa and candlelit evenings.
- Villas La Mar is a modern, minimalist collection of suites and villas carved into the La Poza hillside. Soak up sweeping Pacific Ocean views from your private terrace or the inifinity pool or spend your days exploring the beach or the nearby town, just a short drive away. Book a villa for a well-equipped kitchen and a sense of independence. Children over the age of 15 are welcome. Very tranquil.
- The Cape is a trendy, minimalist beach resort with dramatic sea views from chic, understated rooms, a hip rooftop lounge, three restaurants and two swimming pools. Pick this place for the impressive architecture, striking setting and lively nightlife. For sociable adults.
- Chileno Bay Resort is a beautiful property with blue-and-white interiors and spectacular sea views. Set on one of Cabo's few swimmable beaches, the resort offers stacks of family-friendly activities — including a kids club — as well as chic multi-bedroom villas. A luxurious family pick.
- Bahia Hotel & Beach House has super-stylish rooms, suites and villas with a pared-back, urban feel and heaps of space for guests of all ages. Lovely and laid-back, this is the perfect pick for surfers and beach-goers eager to soak up the sunshine, to take a boat trip, to try paddle boarding or to go horse riding before indulging in fabulous beachside lunches and dinners. For sandy-toed adventurers of all ages.
- Esperanza has an appealingly friendly feel, with a collection of rooms, suites, villas and casitas. Choose this place for the gorgeous Baja-style decor, the plethora of eateries and the fun activities — including kids' cooking classes, horse riding on the beach and movie nights in the pool — for families to enjoy.
For a Beach Resort
- Viceory Los Cabos is a futuristic sanctuary on the Sea of Cortés. The Miguel Ángel Aragonés-designed resort features striking, minimalist interiors with huge walls of glass offering spellbinding sea views. Pick this place for its novel architectural concept, holistic spa, five restaurants and myriad outdoor activities. A serene choice for well-heeled lovers of innovative design.
- Las Ventanas al Paraíso is a spectacular beach resort, with 84 vibrantly-decorated suites and villas, showcasing Mexican motifs and fine craftsmanship. An enchanting choice for honeymoons or familiy holidays, the resort boasts brilliant sea views, eight superb pools and an innovative wellness centre. Pure indulgence.
- One & Only Palmilla offers a glamorous resort experience just a few miles from San José del Cabo. Rooms, suites and villas offer heaps of space for couples, families and groups, there's an indulgent spa and a wide array of exciting things to see and do. Elegant and luxurious.
For Great Value
- The Hotelito is a brightly-painted property with four chic casitas and a tranquil pool. There's horse riding onsite, superb surfing at nearby Todos Santos and some fantastic in-season sailing. Small, laid-back and great value for couples or families.
- Hotel Casa Tota offers fifteen stylish, pared-back bedrooms in downtown Todos Santos. Highlights include the courtyard pool, small hotel vibe and buzzing restaurant, known for its excellent Mexican fare and funky cocktails. An excellent value spot for a central stay.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to La Paz Airport or to San José del Cabo International Airport (SJD) and travel by bus or taxi to your destination in Baja California Sur.
- This is a great region to explore by road. Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Expect balmy temperatures throughout the year, and dry weather from November to May. Do consider avoiding the rainy season (July to September), unless you're happy to kick back at the bar or in the spa until the sky clears.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Todos Santos.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Mexico.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Baja California Sur
Best Hotels in Baja California Sur
Hotel Posada La Poza Todos Santos (Baja California Sur) 9 rooms from £129Restaurant - El Gusto restaurant only serves the guest. The cuisine is a delicious Swiss/Mex fusion!Spa - Spa services can be offered either in private areas of the garden or your roomSights nearby - The property is just outside the charming colonial town of Todos SantosSwimming Pool - Large outdoor saltwater pool with Pacific Ocean views
A charming laid back property with private beach on the Pacific Ocean. A handful of rooms and suites are decorated in traditional Mexican style and all boast patio or terrace with wonderful views. El Gusto restaurant is exclusively for guests, and there's a garden with huge saltwater pool. See More
The Hotelito Todos Santos (B.C.S.) 4 rooms from £70Value chic - A boho-chic property that comes in at a very reasonable price.Surfing - The nearby Todos Santos has perfect conditions for surfing.Sailing - Search for whales between the months of November-March.Birdwatching - Spot herons, frigatebirds, hummingbirds and orioles.Recommended by - I Escape
A colourful delight of a property set amidst rolling hills and just minutes from the beach. Chic rooms feature muslin draped beds, contemporary art and large terraces complete with a hammock. A tranquil pool provides the ideal spot to soak up some rays. Ideal for completely unwinding. See More
Hotel Casa Tota Todos Santos 15 rooms from £77Local exploring - Located in close proximity to the town's main attractions and the coast, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploringRomantic Break - Couples rate this contemporary hotel highly, particularly the minimalist suites and the charming courtyard poolCity Style - Set in a period property in the centre of the town, this hotel has lots of local Todos Santos styeFishing - Pack your rods for a fishing trip to Punta Lobos, a beautiful beach in Todos Santos populated with local fishermenRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
Nestled behind a heritage brick facade, this contemporary guesthouse sits in downtown Todos Santos, Mexico. The property is oriented around a charming interior courtyard with a pool. In the guestrooms, a pastel palette complements the exposed walls. Lounge on the sunny roof terrace; a stylish hotel. See More
Casa Natalia San José del Cabo (Centro) 19 rooms from £104Foodies - Their Mi Cocina restaurant serves up delicious cuisine blending local dishes with European influencesLocal exploring - Wander through the quaint Centro Historico and get a feel for Los CabosGreat walks - Explore the city's streets or head down to the beach at sunset and take a leisurely stroll enjoying the viewsQuirky - An experience!Recommended by - I Escape
Casa Natalia is situated in Los Cabos Old Town, a 15 minute walk from the beach. It features chic and simply decorated accommodation with local artwork adding a splash of colour. Be sure to enjoy a drink or two on their wonderful rooftop terrace and take in the views! A charming and friendly stay. See More
La Bohemia Todos Santos 8 rooms from £115Local exploring - Take a tour of the town through the hotel and learn about local culture and tradition while sampling great local cuisineRomantic Break - Couples love the relaxed atmosphere at this traveller-friendly hotel; unwind by the pool after a day sightseeingBeach Life - This hotel is set in the charming town of Los Santos, a five-minute drive from beautiful sandy beachesSurfing - Ride the waves off the coast of Mexico on a surfing trip; book through the hotel for great deals
Conceived of by travellers for travellers, this historic adobe guesthouse sits in Baja California. Guestrooms reflect the relaxed ambience with rustic, exposed floorboards, handpainted tiles and a cosy window seat. Unwind in the tropical gardens before a dip in the pool; a stylish bolt-hole. See More
Villas La Mar Todos Santos (Cerro De La Poza) 7 rooms from £117Romantic Break - Couples love the blend of rustic and contemporary style in this hotel's suites; book a private villa for extra living spaceHideaway - Set in the side of a hill away from the town, book one of these private apartments for your next hideaway holidayBeach Life - With a privileged seafront location in Todos Santos, this hotel is perfect for a relaxing beach breakFishing - Go fishing off the coast of Todos Santos; enquire at the hotel for local equipment hire
This boutique hotel is carved into the La Poza hillside on the Todos Santos coast. Guest suites contrast modern lines with repurposed wooden accents; soak in sweeping Pacific Ocean views from the balcony. Hotel villas have a chic, beachside loft feel. Unwind by the azure pool; a cosy seaside escape. See More
Guaycura Boutique Hotel Todos Santos (Colonia Centro) 14 rooms from £128Local exploring - Take in the sights and sounds of the quintessential Mexican town of Los Santos from this hotel's prime central locationRomantic Break - Couples love the romantic suites at this hotel; have evening cocktails on the roof terrace to end the dayBeach Life - With guests given free access to the hotel's own private beach club, this makes for a luxury beach breakSailing - Go on the Espíritu Santo island excursion; take a boat ride to explore this island, just off the coast of La Paz
This boutique guesthouse sits within a 19th-century red brick building in the heart of Todos Santos, Mexico. Guestrooms give the feeling of stepping back in time, with exposed wooden beams and heritage tiled floors. Head to the roof terrace pool for a dip or visit the hotel beach club; a chic stay. See More
Villa Del Faro San José del Cabo (B C S) 8 rooms from £140Back to Nature - Set in a lush garden overlooking a deserted beach (where one can spot whales) and surrounded by the desert.Birdwatching - Spot ormorants, brown pelican, the rare Least Tern and sandpipers on the coastline.Views - Great views from hotelSecluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - I Escape
The lovechild of twelve Californian artists, set in a glorious spot overlooking azure waters and surrounded by the desert. Packed full of charming antique pieces and with each room boasting enormous windows to marvel at the glorious views. Serving exemplary Mexican fare. The perfect getaway. See More
The Todos Santos Inn Todos Santos (Centro) 8 rooms from £152Total relaxation - Enjoy the inn's quiet atmosphere, go for long walks on the beach or take part in the open yoga classes put on around townBeach Life - Head down to the beach and spend your days sunbathing or swimming in the seaSights nearby - Todos Santos has no fewer than 15 art galleries and most are within walking distance from the innTraditionalRecommended by - I Escape
El Ganzo San José del Cabo (SAN JOSE DEL CABO, LOS CABOS) 69 rooms from £164City Style - A harbour side property complete with art gallery, chic contemporary style and rooftop pool.Fishing - The nearby ATV adventures offers deep-sea fishing excursions.Sailing - Spend a memorable day at sea searching for whales.Restrictions on children - An adult only property.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
An oh-so trendy contemporary hotel overlooking the marina. Chic rooms feature large terraces, plenty of glass, white on white style and modern art. A rooftop pool is the perfect place to sip a cocktail by and the art gallery is the 'piece de la resistance'. An achingly cool property. See More
Bahia Hotel & Beach House Cabo San Lucas (Playa El Medano) 81 rooms from £239Families - There are a number of options available for family accommodation here; try the two-bedroom suite which has two private terracesBeach Life - Set on a pretty stretch of the Baja Sur coast, this hotel has access to great beaches for surfing, paddling or just sunbathingGroups - Book the poolside villa for a group stay, boasting its own private hot tub - perfect for a special occasion tripFishing - Try something new and go on a deep-sea fishing trip through the hotel; get tips from hotel guides to secure your catch
This stylish beachfront hotel offers personalised service on the coast of Cabo San Lucas in Mexico. Rooms are sophisticated but unpretentious, with plenty of space for families in the larger suites; choose the designer room for added indulgence with custom-made furnishings. A relaxed, friendly stay. See More
Acre San José del Cabo (Calle Camino Real S/N Animas Bajas) 12 rooms from £230Romantic Break - The cosy treehouses are great for a back-to-nature couples' getaway, with all the essentials taken care ofHideaway - Nestled in the foothills of San Jose del Cabo, this hotel makes a perfect hideout holiday destinationEco break - This resort offers a unique eco holiday; stay in a treehouse for the authentic experienceRestrictions on children - Adults-only resort
An eco resort nestled in the foothills of San Jose del Cabo. The accommodation comprises twelve modern treehouses with large beds, en suite bathrooms and outdoor showers. Enjoy a complimentary yoga class every morning or lounge by the pool with a good book and cocktail; a chic nature retreat. See More
Viceroy Los Cabos San José del Cabo (Zona Hotelera) 192 rooms from £324Beach Life - Set on an exclusive stretch of private beach in San Jose del Cabo, this hotel is the perfect choice for a luxury seaside breakRomantic Break - The beautifully appointed guestrooms at this hotel are ideal for a romantic break; book a suite for a seafront terraceSpa breaks - With a fully-equipped holistic spa onsite, book this hotel for your next luxury pampering holidayCooking classes - Take a cooking class with hotel chefs and learn new dishes to add to your repertoire; book a package through the hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
This chic concept hotel is nestled on the Cortés coast in Baja California. Huge windows and minimalist interiors have the effect of bringing the coast into the elegant guestrooms; book the Skyline Suite for a beautiful seafront terrace. Unwind at the exclusive private beach; a unique bolt-hole. See More
Paradero Todos Santos Todos Santos 35 rooms from £418Eco - Built on repurposed farming land with a sustainable focus across building practices, experiences, food & in-room amenitiesRomantic Break - Outdoor showers, private hot tubs, stunning sunsets & romantic al fresco dining tick all the boxes for couples' retreatsSpa - Much more than just massages; open-air wellness centre offers Mexican healing traditions based on water-based therapiesBack to Nature - Offers chance to escape to a landscape of open skies and stunning wilderness without sacrificing modern luxuries
Experiential property set in a rural farming community. Epitome of understated chic, striking architecture comprised of open-air structures offer views of mountains, sea & sky. Enjoy al fresco farm-to-table dining, activities with a sense of place & the spa. A haven of minimalist sustainable luxury. See More
Hotel San Cristobal Todos Santos (Carretera Federal N°19, Km 54+800) 32 rooms from £468Sights nearby - Head over to the wild Baja 1000 - a fantastic spectacle, not just for race lovers and petrolheads!Surfing - Since the 60's, Todos Santos has been a notorious chill spot for surfersGreat walks - Head off hiking to the nearby Sierra De La Laguna mountain rangeRestrictions on children - Children over 12 are welcomedRecommended by - Tablet
Las Ventanas al Paraiso Cabo San Lucas (Cabo Real) 71 rooms from £614Sights nearby - Todos Santos is one of the colorful and charming towns and villages easily reached on day trips.Restaurant - Mexican cuisine, but there is always the choice of the outdoor sea grill.Tennis - Work up a sweat with some afternoon tennis in the sunFishing - Deep sea fishing for blue marlin.
This luxurious hotel faces the Sea of Cortez and is situated a few miles outside Cabo San Lucas. Each of their elegantly decorated and romantic suites feature marbled bathrooms and a terrace with a telescope so you can properly enjoy the views. Visit the spa where pampering is second to none. See More
One & Only Palmilla San José del Cabo (San Jose Del Cabo) 173 rooms from £627Restaurant - Mexiterranean and Euro Asian cuisines along with fresh sushi.Tennis - Work up a sweat and stay active with a spot of tennisDiving - Scuba diving and deep sea fishing is available.Outstanding locationRecommended by - CN Traveller
This luxurious oceanfront property lies a few miles outside San José del Cabo. The stunning rooms and suites are decorated in a Mexican design with light hues and each has a patio or balcony. The hotel also boasts 4 top-notch restaurants that are each worth trying! A truly remarkable place to stay. See More
Chileno Bay Resort Cabo San Lucas (Chileno Bay) 92 rooms from £527Beach Life - Located on one of the only swimmable beaches in the region, this resort is a coveted beach getawayRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's first-class facilities and the great experiences on offerFamilies - With large, villa accommodation and a kids club, this is a family-friendly resortSailing - Climb on board a hotel yacht and enjoy views of some of Cabo’s most beautiful spots, including the Arch and Lover’s Beach
This contemporary resort is located on Chileno Bay, one of Cabo's few swimmable beaches. Rooms blur the line between inside and outside with private terraces and nautical accents. The hotel's luxury villas offer a pool, kitchen and multiple bedrooms. Snorkel off the coast; a charming seaside resort. See More
Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal Cabo San Lucas BCS 105 rooms from £527Beach Life - Located directly on a soft sandy swath of beach.Swimming Pool - All rooms and suites come with their own private plunge poolTennis - Find two Laykold surfaced courts on site.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A luxury resort sitting against a rock face overlooking a gloriously secluded beach. Chic rooms take advantage of the views with large windows and private terraces. A superb spa is utterly pampering and an infinity pool ideal to curl up with a good book. The perfect beach escape. See More
The Cape Cabo San Lucas 115 rooms from £553Beach Life - Situated right on the beach. Find stunning views and excellent surf.Surfing - Find great waves for the experienced and classes are available for newcomers.Sailing - Take a romantic cruise or a whale spotting tour.Restrictions on children - 13+ welcome.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A seriously chic beach side property. Rooms are all glass and minimalist style. A trendy rooftop lounge is perfect for evening drinks. A choice of three restaurants, all excellent, leaves you spoilt for choice. There's two pools and access to a beach with great surf. A luxury beach experience. See More
Esperanza Cabo San Lucas 117 rooms from £663Beach Life - Set on a picturesque swathe of white sand beach and boasting a perfect vantage for whale watching.Private Hot Tub - Garden spa casitas and all suites feature infinity edged hot tubsFishing - Fish for striped marlin on a deep sea fishing excursion.Cooking classes - Learn to make ceviche in the hotel cooking classes.
A luxury resort boasting excellent facilities. A collection of casitas, villas and suites are naturally styled with exposed beams, soft hues and windows framing the ocean views. A glorious spa will ease any aches and pains and the six restaurants give a varied taste of South America. Superb. See More