Search the best hotels in Punta Mita
About Punta Mita
A favourite haunt of Bill Gates and the Kardashians, Punta Mita is the kind of laidback idyllic tropical getaway of your dreams. A fishing village and luxury resort nestling on Mexico's Pacific coast, on a 1500-acre private peninsula looking out over Banderas Bay, it is steeped in multimillion-dollar mansions, private beaches backed by luxury gourmet restaurants, and Jack Nickaualus golf courses. The ideal seaside escape, watersports like surfing, scubadiving and paddleboarding are popular here, as well as in the nearby surfer village of Sayulita, while offshore, far out to sea, are the Marieta Islands - a biodiverse and protected area - where Humpback whales and Blue-footed boobies congregate, and where beautiful, otherwordly hidden beaches like Playa Escondida abound. With crystal-clear aquamarine waters and sand as soft as icing sugar, Punta Mita is an oasis of tranquility and rejuvenation. The best places to stay in Punta Mita include a luxury resort with its own private beach!
What not to miss
- Enjoy a round of golf at one of the Jack Nickalaus golf courses - Pacifico or Bahia!
- Play a spot of tennis at the tennis centre - boasting over 10 courts.
- Sunbathe on the public beach of El Anctote!
- Take a boat trip out to the Marieta Islands and find the secluded beach of Playa Escondida - no.10 in The Guardian's Top 50 Beaches in the World.
- Go surfing, scubadiving, windsurfing or paddleboarding!
- Spot Humpback whales from the coast.
- Head north to the charming laid-back surfer village of Sayulita, a colourful and incredibly friendly town.
A tropical paradise of peace and enchanting beauty, it's no wonder why the Kardashians love Punta Mita. Find out more by browsing our list of the best places to stay in Punta Mita!
The best places to stay in Punta Mita
- Four Seasons Punta Mita is a luxury property set beside a gorgeous stretch of white sandy beach. Generously proportioned rooms feature large terraces, luxury bathrooms and wonderfully comfortable beds. Complete with glorious infinity swimming pool, pampering spa and manicured golf-course; utterly spoiling.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of self-catering villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- With 345 days of sunshine per year, the climate is surely one of the most pleasant in the world. Even during the rainy season, rainfall is typically during the late evening, and dries up by morning.
- Fly to Punta Vallarta International Airport, 25 miles north of Punta Mita, and book a 45 minute taxi ride to Punta Mita.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Punta Mita
W Punta de Mita 119 rooms from £187Punta Mita (Desarollo Costa Banderas)
This luxury hotel is set on an idyllic beach in Mexico's Punta de Mita region. Jungle Escape rooms encourage proximity to nature with a sliding wall of windows that looks onto the forest foliage. Inside, vibrant Mexican accents merge with modern design. Cool off in two outdoor pools; a chic hotel.Families - There are great facilities for families at this hotel; kids love the jungle escape rooms where you can hear the forest close byBeach Life - Set on a pristine stretch of sandy beach in Punta de Mita, this hotel makes a luxurious tropical beach getawayActive Holiday - With a watersports facility onsite, this hotel is well-equipped for active holidaymakersSights nearby - Head to Puerto Vallarta, less than an hour away, and stroll the colonial streets of this fascinating town on a day trip
Four Seasons Punta Mita 177 rooms from £256Punta Mita
A luxury property set beside a gorgeous stretch of white sandy beach. Generously proportioned rooms feature large terraces, luxury bathrooms and wonderfully comfortable beds. Complete with glorious infinity swimming pool, pampering spa and manicured golf-course; utterly spoiling.Beach Life - The ultimate in beach-side luxury boasting a glorious infinity pool and superb sea views.Surfing - Catch some of the best waves in Mexico off the coast of Punta Mita.Views - Great views from hotelSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Imanta Resorts Punta Mita 11 rooms from £626Punta Mita (Higuera Blanca)
This intimate lodge is nestled in a nature reserve in Punta de Mita, Mexico. Guest suites blend with the natural environment, with wood-framed windows that open onto the forest. Unwind by a private terrace pool with sea views or book the treehouse for true jungle immersion; a luxury nature retreat.Back to Nature - With accommodation carefully placed within a protected forest on the seafront, this hotel allows a true back-to-nature retreatLocal exploring - Set on the coast in Punta Mita, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploring, with easy access to beaches and the jungleHoneymoons - This unique eco lodge makes an unforgettable honeymoon experience; book the oceanfront casa for a private pool with sea viewsKayaking - Explore Imanta’s beautiful coastline by kayak and discover all the coves, underwater caves, hidden beaches and offshore islands