San Miguel de Allende
Search the best hotels in San Miguel de Allende
About San Miguel de Allende
Visiting the tiny city of San Miguel de Allende is like taking a journey back to old, colonial Mexico at its most beautiful. This is one of those places where the light makes even more out of the postcard-perfect main plaza, the impressive main church, the cobbled streets and graceful architecture, and makes the place feel colourful, and possibly, if you've a romantic soul, quite magical. The best places to stay in San Miguel de Allende are ideally located to make this most of this gorgeous city.
As well as gaining World Heritage status, San Miguel de Allende's beautiful centre draws people in, and there's a very cosmopolitan feel to the place - there's plenty of choice when it comes to the hotels in San Miguel de Allende, or places to eat. There are also frequent local fiestas and parades, lovely little boutiques and galleries displaying the work of some of Mexico's best artisans.
What Not To Miss
- Visit the majestic Parroquia de San Miguel Arcangel - described as being the city's most recognisable landmark, the pink church towers impressively with beautiful architecture inside and out.
- Relax and grab a bite to eat in El Jardin - a central square featuring numerous restaurants and shopping opportunities.
- Marvel at the artistic pieces in Galeria Atotonilco. The gallery holds a great selection of folk pieces with the guide being very knowledgable and informative.
- Enjoy the historic architecture at the Canada de la Virgen - an ancient pyramid only recently excavated with various artefacts.
- Stroll around El Charco del Ingenio - a botanical garden and nature preserve just outside the city. There's plenty to do here, from an interactive garden for children to workshops and concerts making it great for all the family.
Our selection of the best places to stay in San Miguel de Allende include a wide range from luxurious escapes to central properties ideal for exploring everything this great city has to offer.
- The Hotel Matilda is a luxury chic hotel where style is key. Prestigious modern art adorns the walls and a plethora of opulent amenities are designed to cater for every whim of comfort-seeking guests. Spa, gym, swimming pool, quality restaurant and library are all on site, with a number of activities available off-site.
- L'Otel is a small (but perfectly formed) property whose individually designed suites feature soft hues, antique furniture, luxurious bathrooms and floor to ceiling windows. A rooftop pool and bar are the icing on this appealing cake. Fabulous.
For a central spot
- Hacienda El Santuario is an atmospheric property in the heart of San Miguel de Allende. Spacious rooms are traditional in style with white washed walls, fireplaces, enormous windows, four-poster beds and luxurious bathrooms. With easy access to the city's main attractions this makes for a tranquil and easy base.
- Unwind completely at Dos Casas Hotel & Spa - a chic boutique hotel boasting impressive city views. Atmospheric rooms feature exposed brick, beamed ceilings, crisp white linen and wonderfully contemporary bathrooms. A spoiling spa and fabulous restaurant makes this a winning choice.
- With opportunities for guests to participate in cooking classes, Belmond Casa de Sier is a spectacular property set in a 16th-century residence perfectly combining historic charm and contemporary style. Spacious suites feature chandeliers, ornate antique furniture and fireplaces. A tranquil garden and pool are ideal for unwinding and the restaurant serves exemplary regional cuisine.
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a great selection of properties perfect for exploring everything the city has to offer.
- Fly to Querétaro Intercontinental Airport situated 86km (53 miles) from San Miguel de Allende. The airport serves a good selection of both domestic and International destinations. It is also possible to get a bus from Querétaro to San Miguel de Allende.
- If you want to rent a car, for prices visit our online partner, Rentalcars
- San Miguel de Allende is a year round destination but the best time to visit is probably between November and April when you'll find warm daily temperatures (although it can get cold at night) with less rainfall than other months.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in San Miguel de Allende,
- Alternatively, widen the net and include our recommendations in Mexico City or Valle de Bravo
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in San Miguel de Allende
Best Hotels in San Miguel de Allende
Hacienda El Santuario San Miguel de Allende (Downtown) 24 rooms from £87Local exploring - An authentic stay well located close to downtown San Miguel de Allende.Sights nearby - Visit the atmospheric Parish of San Miguel Arcángel.Local markets - Scour the Handicraft Market for local artefacts.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet
An atmospheric property in the heart of San Miguel de Allende. Spacious rooms are traditional in style with white washed walls, fireplaces, enormous windows, four-poster beds and luxurious bathrooms. With easy access to the city's main attractions this makes for a tranquil and easy base. See More
Hotel Nena San Miguel de Allende 6 rooms from £131Local exploring - Located close to the main attractions in San Miguel de Allende, this hotel is perfect for local exploring in the cityRomantic Break - Couples love the relaxed atmosphere at this adults-only guesthouse, especially at the rooftop pool and barCity Style - Situated in a beautifully restored heritage building, this boutique hotel has lots of local styleSights nearby - Visit the Parroquia de San Miguel Arcángel, a majestic, landmark church with a towering pink spire
This boutique hotel is located in a heritage building in downtown San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. Rooms boast original tiled floors, high ceilings and unique artworks; book the Pilar Suite for a walk-in wardrobe and fully-equipped kitchen. Unwind with a drink by the rooftop pool; a chic bolt-hole. See More
Casa Adela No. 51 San Miguel de Allende 7 rooms from £187Country Escape - A luxurious rural escape offering plenty of space, a delightful spa and superb farm fresh foodFamilies - The family suite comprises of two adjoining roomsSights nearby - Take a cultural tour of San Miguel de Allende - the property offers a complimentary shuttle to townSwimming Pool - Mineral rich outdoor pool fed by a natural hot springRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A luxurious rural property located just north of San Miguel de Allende. Comprising of just seven rooms the aesthetic is fresh, contemporary and spacious. Think floor to ceiling glass, whitewashed walls and modern artworks. Large pool, indulgent spa and excellent restaurant make this a relaxing stay. See More
Casa Delphine San Miguel de Allende (Colonia Centro) 5 rooms from £189Local exploring - Hidden on a quiet street but still an easy 10-minute walk to La Parroquia, this hotel is perfect for local exploringRomantic Break - Couples love the romantic atmosphere at this boutique hotel; book the rooftop suite for a private terrace hot tubCity Style - Set in a charming period property with many preserved heritage details, this hotel has lots of local city styleSights nearby - Visit the Las Monjas Temple, one of two landmark churches in San Miguel de Allende and a short walk from this hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
This boutique hotel concept is nestled on a cobblestone street in the heart of San Miguel de Allende. The elegant guestrooms feature Cantera fireplaces and a balcony that overlooks the hotel's private courtyard; book the rooftop suite for a terrace hot tub with panoramic views. A stylish bolt-hole. See More
Belmond Casa de Sierra Nevada San Miguel de Allende 37 rooms from £204Local exploring - Well located to explore San Miguel de Allende's historical sights.Sights nearby - Take a walking tour and admire the town's beautiful architecture.Cooking classes - Learn the regions' secrets at the Sazón cooking school.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet
A spectacular property set in a 16th-century residence perfectly combining historic charm and contemporary style. Spacious suites feature chandeliers, ornate antique furniture and fireplaces. A tranquil garden and pool are ideal for unwinding by and the restaurant serves exemplary regional cuisine. See More
Casa No Name San Miguel de Allende (Centro Historico) 6 rooms from £217City Style - Located in the one-time home of fashion photographer Deborah Turbeville, this hotel has reams of local city styleRomantic Break - Couples love the grown-up atmosphere at this adults-only hotel; book a couples' massage for a romantic night inLocal exploring - Set in the historic centre of San Miguel de Allende, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploringSights nearby - Visit the Church of St. Michael the Archangel, a grand, neo-Gothic church known for its pink spires and ornate sanctuaryRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
This luxury hotel is located in the historic centre of San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. Elegant guestrooms feature preserved heritage detail, antique furniture and period artwork; book the master suite for a private terrace and fireplace. Unwind by the hot tub at the rooftop bar; a stylish bolt-hole. See More
Hotel Matilda San Miguel de Allende (53 Centro) 23 rooms from £224Four poster beds - For romantics.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Spa
Luxury chic hotel where style is key. Prestigious modern art adorns the walls and a plethora of opulent amenities are designed to cater for every whim of comfort-seeking guests. Spa, gym, swimming pool, quality restaurant and library all on site, with a number of activities available off-site. See More
Hotel Amparo San Miguel de Allende (Col. Centro) 5 rooms from £235Local exploring - Located in the heart of San Miguel de Allende's old town, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploringRomantic Break - Couples love this hotel's stylish suites; book the luxury Amparo Suite for a freestanding bath and terraceCity Style - Set in a heritage property with preserved features, this hotel has lots of local city styleLocal markets - Browse authentic arts and crafts at the nearby Mercado de Artesanías, a traditional market displaying local artisan waresRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Small Luxury Hotels
This luxury hotel occupies a 19th-century mansion in the historic centre of San Miguel de Allende. Elegant suites line an interior courtyard and feature a blend of heritage features, modern design and local textiles; book the Amparo Suite for a freestanding bath. Unwind at the bar; a refined hotel. See More
Dos Casas Hotel & Spa Centro San Miguel de Allende 12 rooms from £251Local exploring - Just a short walk from the city centre and boasting spectacular views of San Miguel de Allende.Spa breaks - Be utterly pampered over a personalised therapy at the Dos Casas Spa.Local markets - Explore the Mercado de Artesanias for local handicrafts.Sights nearby - Visit the famed Parroquia de San Miguel Arcangel.Recommended by - Design Hotels
Rosewood San Miguel de Allende San Miguel de Allende 67 rooms from £293Romantic Break - This colonial-era property and its beautifully appointed rooms make a wonderful setting for a romantic getawayFoodies - With a restaurant, tapas bar and cava bar all on-site, foodies will delight at this hotel's culinary offeringsLocal exploring - Located in the heart of San Miguel de Allende, this hotel is a great base for local exploring in the cityGreat walks - Take a long walk through the pretty Benito Juarez Park neighbouring the hotel
Sophisticated luxury in the centre of San Miguel de Allende. Rooms have colonial-era interiors and heritage features, from high ceilings and exposed wooden beams to private balconies; book a private residence for a luxurious, self-contained apartment. Dine at the rooftop tapas bar; a chic hotel. See More
L'Otel San Miguel de Allende (Colonia Centro) 4 rooms from £293Hideaway - A tranquil property with just 4 suites. A real home away from home but with some serious luxury too.Local exploring - Ideally located for easy access to the town's major attractions.Sights nearby - Visit the town's central square and marvel at the impressive La Parroquia church.Cooking classes - Take a cooking class with either Sazon or Petit Four.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
A small (but perfectly formed) property located in picturesque San Miguel de Allende. Individually designed suites feature soft hues, antique furniture, luxurious bathrooms and floor to ceiling windows. A rooftop pool and bar are the icing on this appealing cake. Fabulous. See More
L'Otel @ Doce 18 Concept House San Miguel de Allende 10 rooms from £304City Style - A very stylish stay complete with an artists concept area on the ground floor offering everything from local art to tequilaLocal exploring - Well placed in Centro’s making this an ideal spot to explore San Migeul de Allende by footSights nearby - Visit the vast pink Parroquia de San Miguel Arcángel that dominates the skylineLocal markets - Head to Mercado de Artesanias to pick up local handicraftsRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A boutique stay in the heart of San Miguel de Allende. Housing a Concept Area displaying everything local from ceramics to tequilas. Boasting a superb cocktail bar and an excellent restaurant. While the collection of spacious rooms are undeniably stylish and the rooftop pool is an indulgent touch. See More