- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Bergen
Bergen has seven fjords on one side and seven hills on the other, creating a dramatically beautiful backdrop to this postcard perfect port city with a World Heritage Listed central district, Bryggen. As well as the food markets and plenty of fantastic bars, restaurants and cafes, many of the best places to stay in Bergen are in Bryggen. Bergen is also known for a great cultural scene - especially for music - and there are a number of excellent galleries and museums. If you’re here to experience the peace and tranquility of Norway’s fjords - Bergen is considered the ‘Gateway to the Fjords’ - then you’ll find some of the best places to stay in Bergen are closer to the coast and outside the centre of town. Hike, sail, cruise, kayak, however you see this landscape you’ll be astounded by the scale of its beauty.
What Not To Miss
- Experience one of Scandinavia's largest museums for art and music at the KODE Art Museums of Bergen. Visitors can experience everything from visual art to historical objects across 4 museums in the city centre - with almost 50,000 objects, there's something for everyone at KODE.
- Catch the funicular from the city centre right to the top of Mount Floyen with stunning views of Bergen and the surrounding Fjords. Floyen is great for families too with a playpark and opportunities for mountain biking and hiking.
- Stroll back through history at Bryggen Hanseatic Wharf, with galleries, museums, and rustic shops aplenty. Set among the historic wooden buildings ensures that visitors feel like they've stepped back in time.
- Test the fitness levels with a climb up Stoltzekleiven - the steep route offers sensational views over Bergen and is well worth the testing walk.
- If you're looking for something a bit different, visit the VilVite Bergen Science Centre - a museum featuring numerous interactive displays making it fantastic to visit with children.
Bergen is a renowned magnet for visitors of all interests, from culture-lovers to outdoor enthusiasts, ensuring that the best places to stay in Bergen are consistently popular.
For exploring the town
- Havnekontoret is located in the Bryggen district of Bergen World Heritage Site. The hotel has views of the historic port. A 1920s stone building, the fashionable interiors are stylish and welcoming. Complementary evening buffet features traditional Nordic cuisine. Plus there's a relaxing sauna and gym area.
For an apartment or cabin
- If you'd prefer your own space, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a range of properties throughout the town.
- Fly to Bergen Airport, located approximately 17km (10 miles) from Bergen with various connections onward to other destinations within Norway and Europe.
- Take a ferry to various destinations from the harbour at Bergen.
- Bergen is well-served by multiple bus companies, offering both long and short distance routes.
- If you'd like to rent a car to explore the dramatic scenery, for prices we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars.
- Best time to visit - whilst June, July, and August typically offer the warmest weather, May tends to have the lowest precipitation and offers a number of local events making it one of the most desirable times to visit.
Still Not sure?
Best Hotels in Bergen
Hotel Zander K 249 rooms from £70Bergen
Smart and stylish, Hotel Zander K offers comfortable rooms in the centre of Bergen. A great spot for business meetings with excellent conference facilities and a lively bar and restaurant.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby sights of Fløibanen and Kløverhuset.Local markets - Ten minutes walk from the lively Fishmarket Torget.
Det Hanseatiske Hotel 37 rooms from £73Bergen
This sleek, modern hotel is in the heart of Bergen's stunning Bryggen district. Featuring plush rooms, an atmospheric bar and a good restaurant, Det Hanseatiske Hotel is a great base from which to see the sights and lights of Bergen.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby sights of the Hanseatic Assembly Rooms and Torgallmenningen.Great walks - Go for a walk through the UNESCO World Heritage Bryggen district.Local markets - Two minutes walk from the fascinating Fishmarket Torget.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Klosterhagen Hotel 15 rooms from £80Bergen
Excellent, low-cost hotel in the centre of Bergen. The pleasant rooms are spacious and comfortable and Klosterhagen Hotel has good conference facilities for business meetings. Furthermore, its central location makes it a good option for people in Bergen on business.Sights nearby - Ten minutes walk from Den Nationale Scene and Håkon's Hall & Rosenkrantz Tower.Great walks - Staff can arrange guided city walks for guests.Local markets - Visit the nearby Bondens market.Lively area - In the thick of the action.
Thon Hotel Rosenkrantz 129 rooms from £90Bergen
Stylish contemporary hotel in the centre of Bergen. Boasting smart, comfortable rooms and an atmospheric bar. A good spot for people in the city on business because of its excellent meeting facilities and extensive gym.Local markets - Five minutes walk from the fascinating Fishmarket Torget.
Villa Terminus 18 rooms from £95Bergen
Stylish and sleek, Villa Terminus is an excellent, modern hotel in the centre of Bergen. Designed in a contemporary style, the rooms are spacious and minimalist with crips colour schemes and smart furnishings. Free bikes offer guests a great chance to explore the city of two wheels.Local markets - Ten minutes walk from the Fishmarket Torget.
Hotel Park 35 rooms from £100Bergen
Combining simplicity with elegance, Hotel Park is a superb family-run establishment in central Bergen. The stylish rooms are tastefully decorated with comfortable beds and warm colour schemes. Its central location makes it a great choice for couples on a romantic city break to Bergen.Sights nearby - Five minutes walk from St. John's Church and The Nansen Center.Great walks - The surrounding neighbourhood is lovely to walk around.Local markets - Go and explore Bergen's famous fish markets.Lively area - In the thick of the action.
Hotel Bergen Bors 127 rooms from £120Bergen
Set in an imposing historic financial institution, Hotel Bergen Bors is a stylish, modern hotel in the heart of Bergen. Excellent rooms, a superb restaurant and a central location all combine to create a stellar hotel.Sights nearby - Visit nearby attractions such as St. John's Church and Bergen University.Local markets - Two minutes walk from the magnificent Fishmarket Torget.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
Havnekontoret 116 rooms from £160Bergen
Located in the Bryggen district of Bergen, a World Heritage Site, the hotel has views of the historic port. A 1920s stone building, the fashionable interiors are stylish and welcoming. Complementary evening buffet features traditional Nordic cuisine. Plus there's a relaxing sauna and gym area.Local exploring - Ideally located in the Bryggen districtSights nearby - Bryggen World Heritage Site. Just minutes from the Rosenkrantz TowerViews - Lovely views over the historic portLocal markets - Torget, Bergen's food market
Haaheim Gaard 21 rooms from £169Bergen (Uggdal)
Found at the foot of Mount Tysnessåta, Haaheim Gaard is a charming rural inn. The design is tasteful and elegant with smart rooms, an excellent restaurant and a beautifully maintained garden. Perfect for an escape back to nature.Back to Nature - Out in the wilds of Norway, this truly represents a return to nature.Fishing - Fishing trips can be organised by the hotel.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.
Solstrand Hotel & Bad 135 rooms from £170Bergen
Situated in a spectacular position on Bjørne Fjord, Solstrand Hotel & Bad is a superb hotel. Luxurious rooms, a deluxe spa and an excellent restaurant all come together to create a fantastic establishment. Go sea kayaking or just relax by the pool, there's something for everyone here.Back to Nature - Overlooking Bjørne Fjord, this place has a wild feel to it.Great walks - The surrounding area is full of staggering walks.Fishing - Sea fishing can be organised by the hotel.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.