- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Peniche
With its spectacular setting, right on the headland, surrounded by sea and the fabulous beach it sits behind, Peniche is popular with surfers and beach lovers, but is also still a working port. And one with a lovely historic, walled centre. So it offers a mixed bag for visitors. The best places to stay in Peniche vary from chic, modern beachside hotels to historic townhouses.
Things not to miss:
- A big reason to come to Peniche is for the beaches, so it's perfect for people who like to recline on the sand.
- Don’t skip Salazar’s seaside fort and the historic centre of the Av do Mar, which is where all the best seafood restaurants can be found.
- Surfers from all over head to Peniche, so it's a great place for people looking to catch some waves.
- To learn about local history and culture visit Peniche's Museu Municipal.
Our list of the best places to stay in Peniche offers a mix of hotels ranging from chic contemporary spots to historic townhouses.
The best places to stay in Peniche
For a hip atmosphere
Surfers Lodge Peniche is close to Baleal Beach, and is, as the name suggests, a popular spot with surfers, with its light, spacious rooms, quirky art, pool, hot tub, chic bar and restaurant and glorious roof terrace.
For a historic stay
- The Casa das Senhoras Rainhas is almost the opposite, a historic townhouse within the ramparts of medieval Obidos. It’s not in Peniche proper, but it’s an excellent option for those looking for something a bit more historic. And it’s still got great access to the lagoon.
For a private apartment or villa
- Browse the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Peniche is Lisbon (59 miles).
- To hire a car, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Peniche is from June to September when the temperature sits comfortably in the twenties.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Peniche for you?
Best Hotels in Peniche
Surfers Lodge Peniche 17 rooms from £80Peniche (Ferrel)
Trendy and chic hotel close to Baleal Beach in Northern Portugal. Ensuite rooms light, spacious and with quirky art on walls. With an outdoor swimming pool, glorious roof top terrace, hot tub, funky bar and restaurant. Ideal for those who want to learn to surf as has own Academy.Surfing - Suitable beaches nearby.Full of characterOn the beach - In front of the hotel.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor