- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Doha
There’s a lot of investment going into Doha, and all the construction is rapidly making this one of the most exciting cities in the Gulf, as well as one of the largest. There’s a lot of creative things going on with glass and concrete and some of the best places to stay in Doha are architectural wonders. They also offer incredible views over the ever changing, expanding city. From your modern room you can see the graceful dhows on the bay, the new malls springing up all shiny in the desert sun and the renovated souks buzzing like hives. The Al-Corniche is the bit of Doha running alongside the bay, carefully land-filled into its crescent shape and lined with cycling and pedestrian paths. By strolling along here you’ll pass many of the city’s notable sights, so it’s a good way to familiarise yourself with the landmarks.
What Not To Miss
- The recently revitalised Souq Waqif is another great place to acclimatise. Explore the beautifully restored alleyways with their cafes, restaurants and shops, and hunt for authentic souvenirs.
- When it comes to seeing the sights, you’ll want to visit the wonderful Museum of Islamic Art - a wonderfully modern-meets-traditional structure built on its own island, which you may even want to visit more than once.
- Doha Fort and the Qatar National Museum offer a fascinating insight into the region's rich history. Additionally, with a great range of exhibitions there's a huge variety of things to see.
- You should also get out onto the bay, explore some of the smaller markets, visit The Pearl district - a very wealthy one indeed.
- Stroll around Aspire Park with wonderfully maintained paths and grounds, it makes a great place to relax. Visitors can even enjoy a bite to eat at one of the restaurants in the nearby mall.
The best places to stay in Doha are ideal bases whether you're visiting the city for business or pleasure.
For good value
- The Mövenpick Hotel is an easy choice. It’s a large, but reasonably priced hotel with spacious, comfortable rooms, a buffet style international restaurant, a pool, steam room and gym. You’re also just across from the Museum of Islamic Arts.
For a luxurious stay
- Or you could try the newer, shinier Mövenpick, the Mövenpick Hotel West Bay which is an imposing tower block of glass and marble with 93 rooms and suites, a rooftop pool and a spa with amazing views.
For an Apartment or Villa
- If you'd prefer your own space, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a range of excellent properties located everywhere from the city centre to the beach.
- Fly to Doha International Airport located only 15km (9 miles) from Doha. The airport is a major international hub with a huge range of international flights serving multiple continents.
- If you want to rent a car to explore Doha, for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - November to early April typically produces the most pleasant weather for sightseeing.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Doha
Movenpick Hotel 154 rooms from £110Doha
Reasonably priced property, which is well placed for business or leisure. Rooms are spacious and comfortable with all the mod cons you'd expect from a large chain. There's a buffet style restaurant offering International cuisine and a good outdoor pool, steam room and gym.Sights nearby - Situated opposite the Museum of Islamic ArtsViews - Good views both of sea and cityLocal markets - Close to Souk WaqifSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Mövenpick Hotel West Bay 93 rooms from £120Doha
Doha has a newer shinier Mövenpick. The property is an imposing tower block, located amongst the other smart hotels. Lots of marble and glass, colourful and chic suites, a rooftop pool and spa with views. The Friday Brunch at ForKnife is popular with guests.Swimming Pool - Indoor pool.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Views - Great views from hotelSpa