I love your site btw! Alex Slater.
Search the best hotels in Jeffrey's Bay
About Jeffrey's Bay
A happening hippie hangout in the 60s and 70s, today Jeffrey's Bay, 'J-Bay' as the locals refer to it, is now one of the world’s top surfing destinations. Surfers from across the country, and the world travel to these shores to ride its famous Supertubes rated as one of the world's most perfect waves. June to September are the best months for serious surfers; whilst novices can learn at any time of year. This certified Blue Flag Beach hosts the World Surf League every July, so expect it to get very busy and accommodation to be booked up around this time. Our collection of the best places to stay in Jeffrey's Bay showcase the trendiest places to stay in this much-loved surf spot.
If 'Hanging 10' is not your thing, then there are plenty of other watersports on offer, including kite surfing, stand up paddle boarding, and diving. And, wherever there is surf, yoga seems to follow not too far behind, so there are a sprinkling of yoga studios and trendy cafés, all attracting a young and artsy crowd. Further afield, lies the Kabeljous River, and the Kabeljous Nature Reserve - a well-known fishing spot.
What not to miss
- Jeffreys Bay has always been known for its beautiful shells, so much so, it even has its own Shell Museum.
- Drop-in for a yoga class at Sprials or a surf lesson with Jeffreys Bay Surf School.
- If travelling in July, don't miss the World Surf League, when some of the world's best surfers descend upon J Bay.
- The Kabeljous Nature Reserve, just north of Jeffrey's Bay and boasts several kilometres of rugged coastline, ideal for walking amongst the dune, forests, bushveld and wetlands.
- Between July and December nearby Bluewater Bay is frequented by Southern Right and Humpback whales.
Our collection of the best places to stay in Jeffrey's Bay showcase the best value and homely stays.
The Best Places to stay in Jeffrey's Bay
For a great value stay
- Quirky, friendly, with a youthful vibe Funky Town guest house, also provides excellent value.
- Romantic, Provencal style rooms, Stone Olive Guest House is a sophisticated stay with a very appealing price tag.
For a relaxing stay
- Lying along the banks of the Kabeljauws River estuary, Dio Dell'amore is a tranquil Tuscan stay on the South African coast.
For a boutique stay
- The best in boutique accommodation, Mandyville Hotel boasts sumptuous suites, sun-drenched gardens, and very attentive hosts.
For a sea view
- The clue is in the name at On The Beach Guest House. Located right along the beach, it boasts unrivalled sea views and a bounty of nautical activities right on your doorstep.
- If you want to self-drive, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Port Elizabeth International Airport is under an hour's drive - taxis can be booked easily.
- The best weather can be found between the months of October-November and February-March, whilst June to September provide the most challenging surfing conditions.
Still not sure?
- Widen the net to include our recommendations in nearby Port Elizabeth.
- Take a look at our top recommendations for The Garden Route.
- Or contact one of our gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Jeffrey's Bay
Stone Olive Guest House Jeffrey's Bay 5 rooms from £39
You are well looked after at this owner-managed B&B within moments of the pristine beaches of Jeffrey's Bay. Each of the five suites is decorated in a Mediterranean style with opulent upholstered headboards and bathrooms with roll-top tubs. A superb breakfast is served each morning. Lovely pool.Value chic - An excellent value stay, moments from Jeffrey's BaySurfing - Son Surf School has private and group lessonsGreat walks - Along the pristine Jeffrey's BaySwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Funky Town Jeffrey's Bay 8 rooms from £39
Quirky self-catering guesthouse provides excellent value accommodation within walking distance of Jeffrey's Bay. Each room is unique, interiors feature bright pop art, red leather sofas and stylish outdoor living areas, including a great plunge pool. Homely self-catering accommodation at its best.Value chic - Excellent value moments from the pristine Jeffrey's BayGreat walks - Excellent walking along Jeffrey's BaySurfing - Son Surf School is less than 1km awaySwimming Pool - Plunge pool
Dio Dell'Amore Jeffrey's Bay 6 rooms from £40
Located on the banks of the Kabeljauws River estuary this opulent guesthouse provides luxurious accommodation at an excellent price. A Tuscan-styled villa each of its six rooms are filled with antiques and traditional pieces: four poster beds, terracotta tiles, claw-foot tubs. Beautiful gardens.Value chic - Beautiful family run hotel at an excellent priceKayaking - Along Watergat RiverSurfing - Son Surf SchoolSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Mandyville Hotel Jeffrey's Bay 4 rooms from £80
Delightful hotel with beautiful outdoor areas including a perfectly sized garden with al fresco dining area, braai, and fire pit. Each of its rooms is decorated with vibrant pops of colour and a hint of Africa. All include modern bathrooms. A hearty breakfast is served to set you up for the day.Hideaway - An intimate and homely stay, moments from the beachFishing - Organise a trip with Shatara Fishing ChartersSurfing - Wavecrest Surf School is nearby
On The Beach Guest House Jeffrey's Bay 12 rooms from £102
The clue is in the name! Located right along the popular Jeffrey's Bay this hotel boasts unrivalled sea views and a bounty of nautical activities right on your doorstep. Your choice of B&B and self-catering accommodation makes this a flexible family stay. Beautiful rooms and charming hosts. Superb.Families - A great family stay overlooking Jeffrey's BaySurfing - Take lessons at Son Surf SchoolSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.