Arcos de la Frontera
Search the best hotels in Arcos de la Frontera
About Arcos de la Frontera
Perched atop a limestone hill above the Guadalete river, Arcos de la Frontera is a charming historic Andalusian town which oozes Spanish charm. It's known for its wonderful architecture, evoking memories of times past, and its castle is a great example of this. One of the best ways to explore the town is by wandering around its labyrinth of narrow cobbled streets, taking in the picturesque surroundings, and it is in these streets that you will find some of the best places to stay in Arcos de la Frontera.
The town itself was initially constructed by the Moors back in the 11th century, but it has been occupied for large swathes of history - with archaeologists finding remains dating back to the Neolithic, Bronze Age, and Roman periods. Nowadays, it's a great spot for those wanting to immerse themselves in typical Andalusian culture. Spend evenings at a local tapas bar watching the sun go down whilst enjoy a lovely bottle of local tipple - what more could you ask for?
The best places to stay in Arcos de la Frontera get quickly booked up in the summer months, so if you're coming at this time then be sure to book ahead to avoid disappointment.
What not to miss
- Be sure to spend a few hours looking round the town's castle and learning about its extensive history.
- Likewise, the Basilica Menor de Santa Maria is similarly striking - the architecture is absolutely stunning, and it doesn't disappoint on the inside.
- The Museo del Belen is a fascinating spot with figures dotted around depicting a variety of scenes from Jesus' life.
- Spend an afternoon playing a round or two at the Arcos Gardens Club de Golf.
The best places to stay in Arcos de la Frontera
For the centre of town
La Casa Grande, set in an 18th-century mansion, is a charming stay with bohemian rooms oozing character. Plus, they start from just €72 per night. A great base from which to explore the town.
- Set in nearby Jerez, Casa Vina de Alcantara is a hunting lodge with nine large traditional rooms. This top-notch stay boasts a pool, garden, butler service and its own lake. An indulgent spot!
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com
- Visitors can fly into Jerez Airport, located 22km away from Arcos de la Frontera, or Seville Airport, 75km away.
- Weather-wise, you're best off visiting in the summer months - with the average temperature rising to 30°C in August.
- If you fancy the freedom of having a car with you then check out the selection available with Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our entire list of the best places to stay in Arcos de la Frontera.
- Widen the net to include our recommendations in nearby Jerez or the entirety of Andalucia.
- Alternatively, feel free to contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Arcos de la Frontera
Best Hotels in Arcos de la Frontera
Hacienda el Santiscal Arcos de la Frontera (173 11638 El Santiscal) 12 rooms from £57Country Escape - Surrounded by ample gardens with local walking trails and nature reserves, this is an ideal country getawaySights nearby - Head to the stunning town of Arcos de la Frontera nearby and visit its Arab castle and various monumentsRestrictions on children - Children cannot be accommodated at the hotelSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Take a step back in time in this charmingly renovated 15th-century Andalusian hacienda surrounded by lovely gardens with an outdoor pool. Simple interiors are airy with original period features such as terracotta tiles and wooden beams, while bedrooms are elegant and traditional. See More
La Casa Grande Arcos de la Frontera 7 rooms from £63Value chic - Elegant Spanish style in this 18th-centruy hilltop home with astonishing views over Andalucia- at very reasonable ratesWriting a novel - Instilled with a haunting beauty, Acros has been an inspiration to poets for years.Great walks - Wander the picturesque alleyways of Acros as they wind their way down the hillside.Sights nearby - Check out the castle, Santa Maria and San Pedro.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Delightful and majestic 18th century mansion, overlooking the valley in this historic hilltop village. Eclectic, bohemian interiors give the spacious rooms plenty of character. The hotel opens out around the central, colonnaded, plant-filled patio. Enjoy the views from the rooftop terrace. See More
Parador de Arcos de la Frontera Arcos de la Frontera (Cádiz) 24 rooms from £87Local exploring - Ideally situated for exploring charming Andalusian villages and their cuisine, castles and fine wineSights nearby - Visit Arcos Old Town, Castillo de los Duques, San Pedro Church and Santa María de la Asunción ChurchRemote - Off the beaten track.Views - Great views from hotel
Nestled by the castle in an idyllic village, this elevated former magistrate's home boasts stunning views. With original Andalusian features such as blue tiles, wooden beams, hardwood and antiques, and a lovely traditional Andalusian courtyard. Don't miss the restaurant's top-notch regional cuisine. See More