Search the best hotels in Jerez
Jerez is a picturesque city steeped in rich Moorish heritage, with a beautiful Old Town centred around palm-fringed grand plazas lined with cafes and tapas bars, and at its heart stands an epic building: the crenelated and beautiful 11th century Moorish castle. Jerez is infamous for its sherry and brandy making, but it is also the beating heart of Flamenco dancing and singing, as well as horse dancing - an impressive spectacle that you can see if you book in advance. The best places to stay in Jerez are mainly to be found right in the centre of town, but we've also uncovered a lovely old hunting lodge in the surrounding countryside, for those like the best of all worlds!
What not to miss
- Head to the Royal Andalusian School of Equestrian Art, but be sure to book in advance if you want to see the horse dancing!
- Learn about sherry-making at the Bodegas Tradicion, which doubles up as an impressive art gallery, displaying works by Zurbaran and Goya.
- Marvel at the 17th century Cathedral del Salvador.
- Wander through the Old Town, around the palm-fringed plazas and feast on tapas at one of the bars. Plaza del Arenal is a good place to get started.
- Visit the Andalusian Flamenco Foundation museum and immerse yourself in its cultural history.
- Explore the 11th century Moorish castle.
Picturesque, with a vibrant culture and even more astounding history, Jerez is the perfect place to go for history lovers and culture vultures. But don't forget to book early if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Jerez during the peak summer months.
The best places to stay in Jerez
On a budget
- Palacio Garvey: a renovated 19th century palace, Palacio Garvey is a charming hotel in the historic quarter of Jerez. Boasting a Mediterranean restaurant, and rooms with contemporary interiors & artworks blending in with the traditional features.
- La Fonda Barranco: brimming with character, this charming hotel offers simple, comfortable rooms with a clean and crisp decor, indulgent breakfasts and a lovely roof terrace.
- Casa Grande: a former mansion in the heart of the city, offering elegant and bright rooms and an extensive library. Full of charm and understated style.
- Hotel Villa Jerez: offering classical creamy rooms and suites filled with natural light, and boasting a garden with pool, restaurant, and meeting rooms. Great for a couple looking for intimacy, or a travelling businessman.
- Casa Vina de Alcantara: an indulgent country retreat, set in a 19th-century hunting lodge on the edge of vineyards, perfect for enjoying fine sherries and unwinding. Offering large rooms with high beamed ceilings, luxury bathrooms, a manicured garden, swimming pool, and lake.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- Fly to Jerez Airport. It is 9km northeast of the city.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to go depends on how hot you like it! During the summer, temperatures can reach blistering highs of up to 34 degrees celsius. For something a bit more temperate, consider going in the late Spring or early Autumn when the highs are usually a tolerable 25 degrees celsius.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Jerez
La Fonda Barranco Jerez 10 rooms from £48
For travellers on a lower budget, La Fonda Barranco is great option. Full of charm and the character, the hotel offers delightful rooms with clean, simple decor, and a lovely roof terrace. Jerez's finest sights are on the hotel's doorstep. Excellent value for money.Walking distance restaurantsSights nearby - As stones throw from Jerez Cathedral and Plaza del Mercado.Recommended by - Sawdays
Casa Grande Jerez 15 rooms from £60
Charming and comfortable, Casa Grande is former Andalusian mansion in the heart of Jerez. The elegant rooms exude historic charm and for those looking for a quiet corner to read, the hotel's library is wonderful. A great base for exploring Jerez.Sights nearby - Walk to Jerez Cathedral and the Alcazar of Jerez.Full of character
Palacio Garvey Jerez 16 rooms from £65
Set in a 19th century palace, Palacio Garvey is a delightful hotel in the historic quarter of Jerez with a Mediterranean restaurant. Modern interiors & artworks sit with traditional building features, giving the hotel a contemporary feel whilst retaining vestiges of its rich heritage.Sights nearby - Ten minutes walk from both the Jerez Cathedral and the Plaza del Mercado.Local markets - Browse the bustling Mercado de Abastos de Jerez.
Hotel Villa Jerez Jerez (Cadiz) 14 rooms from £78
A sunny spot in central Jerez. Classical creamy rooms and suites with lots of natural light. Lovely pool and garden, restaurant, and meeting rooms. A stylish luxury spot for any visitor to the city.LuxuryCity StyleSights nearby - Situated right in the centre of JerezSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Fodors
Casa Vina de Alcantara Jerez 9 rooms from £153
19th-century hunting lodge on the edge of family vineyards, converted into a stylish boutique hotel for enjoying fine sherries and relaxing. Large rooms, high beamed roofs, great bathrooms. Shady garden, swimming pool, and lake. Butler service and honesty bar. Indulgent country retreat.Country Escape - A tranquil country hotel surrounded by rolling vineyards and charming gardens, only a short drive from the town of Jerez.Great walks - Wander through the vineyards from the hotel, bring a picnic and explore this stunning landscape.Full of characterRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays