Search the best hotels in Jerez
A picturesque city set between the Atlantic Ocean and the Cadíz Mountains, Jerez — formally Jerez de la Frontera — is a wonderful destination steeped in a rich Moorish heritage. With a gorgeous Old Town of palm-fringed plazas lined with cafés and tapas bars, and a beautiful 11th-century castle, this is one of Andalucía’s most vibrant small cities. Fit for a range of tastes and budgets, most of the best places to stay in Jerez are set close to heart of the city, perfect for exploring. We do have one rural favourite, however, for those eager to unwind in the tranquility of a vineyard-framed lodge.
Culture and history buffs will delight in strolling through Jerez’s ancient streets. The 17th-century Cathedral del Salvador is striking, as is the crenelated 11th-century Alcázar of Jerez de la Frontera. Both are well worth visiting, either independently or as part of a guided city tour. Discover Andalucían sherry-making at the Bodegas Tradición — simultaneously an impressive art gallery — and watch an unusual performance at the Royal Andalusian School of Equestrian Art.
Jerez is also famed for its flamenco, which you can experience at the Andalusian Flamenco Foundation Museum as well as in the city’s lively bars and live music venues. Dance the night away before returning to one of the best places to stay in Jerez!
The Best Places to Stay in Jerez
For a Heritage B&B
- Casa Palacio Jerezana is an opulent heritage B&B with elegant Spanish interiors featuring dark wooden furnishings and selected antiques. Speak to the team about the house's intruging history, and don't miss admiring the preserved chapel. For heritage buffs.
- Casa Grande offers 15 rooms in a former mansion, set in the heart of the city. Airy rooms are great for couples or groups of friends, and the extensive library is lovely for unwinding after days of exploring. Understated and friendly, with simple breakfasts to set you up for the day.
- Hotel Villa Jerez has light-filled rooms and suites clad in warm cream tones. The lovely gardens surround a refreshing swimming pool, and the restaurant is excellent. A luxurious city hotel for well-heeled couples or business travellers.
For a Rural Retreat
- Casa Viña de Alcántara is a gorgeous rural retreat. A 19th-century hunting lodge bordered by vineyards, it's brilliant for unwinding as a couple or with friends. Spacious and characterful rooms have high ceilings, four-poster beds and garden views. The swimming pool and lake are superb. Ideal for indulgent weddings and celebrations.
For Great Value
- Palacio Garvey is a renovated 19th-century palace with understated modernist interiors. A charming hotel with a Mediterranean restaurant specialising in fresh, seasonal produce, it's an appealingly affordable base for a memorable city stay.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into Jerez Airport, just 9km north-east of the city. Catch a taxi or bus into the centre, or speak to your hotel to arrange an airport pick up in advance.
- Andalucía is wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Visit between June and September for temperatures ranging from 24°C - 30°C, but be aware that this is also peak season. For fewer crowds and great hotel deals, travel in April, May or late September.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Cadíz.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Andalucía.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Jerez
Best Hotels in Jerez
Palacio Garvey Jerez 16 rooms from £65Romantic Break - Charming hotel that's perfect for a romantic weekend in Jerez.Local exploring - Perfect launchpad for exploring the historic city of Jerez.Wine tasting - Explore and taste the finest sherry in Jerez's wineriesRestaurant - La Condesa serves delicious regional cuisine with a modern twist from seasonallyl changing menus
Set in a 19th century palace, Palacio Garvey is a delightful hotel in the historic quarter of Jerez with a Mediterranean restaurant. Modern interiors & artworks sit with traditional building features, giving the hotel a contemporary feel whilst retaining vestiges of its rich heritage. See More
Casa Grande, Jerez Jerez 15 rooms from £89City Style - Classic chic interiors, individually designed rooms and a super roof terrace. A great city baseLocal exploring - Perfect launchpad for exploring the home of FlamencoSights nearby - Walk to Jerez Cathedral and the Alcazar of JerezFull of character
Casa Palacio Jerezana Jerez 5 rooms from £121Local exploring - This hotel is perfectly placed for local exploring in Jerez, and hotel staff will be happy to help you plan your local exploringRomantic Break - The opulent interiors make this hotel a prime choice for a romantic break; book a suite with a terrace for added discretionCity Style - Located in a palatial city residence in the heart of Jerez, this hotel has lots of classic Andalusian charmGreat walks - Go walking in the Lagunas de las Canteras, a natural park which features two beautiful lakes
This heritage B&B in downtown Jerez de la Frontera embodies Old World Spanish elegance. Inside, selected antiques and plush linens recall the property's legacy, complete with a preserved chapel. Enjoy a complimentary tasting at a neighbouring winery before a private flamenco show on the terrace. See More
Hotel Villa Jerez Jerez (Cadiz) 14 rooms from £127Romantic Break - This luxurious restored manor house is perfect for romance with its charming interiors and great restaurantCity Style - Smart classic interiors, plus restaurant and garden with pool make this a great city stayRestaurant - Restaurant Villa Jerez serves regional and national specialitiesSights nearby - Situated right in the centre of Jerez close all the best sightsRecommended by - Fodors
Casa Vina de Alcantara Jerez 9 rooms from £153Country Escape - A tranquil country hotel surrounded by rolling vineyards and charming gardens, only a short drive from the town of Jerez.Wine tasting - In the heart of sherry country, visit the local Bodegas, especially the one belonging to the Gonzalez-Byass family.Great walks - Wander through the vineyards from the hotel, bring a picnic and explore this stunning landscape.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
19th-century hunting lodge on the edge of family vineyards, converted into a stylish boutique hotel for enjoying fine sherries and relaxing. Large rooms, high beamed roofs, great bathrooms. Shady garden, swimming pool, and lake. Butler service and honesty bar. Indulgent country retreat. See More