Search the best hotels in Asturias
Characterised by dramatic mountains, a wild coastline bordered by verdant hills, craggy cliffs and golden sands, Asturias is a beautiful part of northwestern Spain. Proudly referred to as the ‘real’ Spain by many locals, this beautiful region has long been a favourite of outdoorsy explorers and nature lovers. It’s also a foodie hotspot, and many of the wonderful hotels and guesthouses dotted throughout the Asturian countryside boast fantastic restaurants. Whether you’re dreaming of a seaside break or a rural escape, our pick of the best places to stay in Asturias has it all.
The region’s capital, historic Oviedo is wonderfully walkable, and brilliant for guided heritage tours. The old centre, studded with ancient landmarks, is lovely. The Archaeological Museum of Asturias, Basilica of San Julián de los Prados and the Museo de Bellas Artes are not to be missed. Foodies, too, will delight in lively markets and fresh produce sourced from Asturias’ verdant fields and sparkling seas. For a buzzy port city with its own blend of food and culture, look to Avilés.
If you’re dreaming of escaping to a charming little beach town, make your way to Ribadesella, Llanes or Cudillero. These are great spots for swimming, surfing, sailing and fishing. Clifftop coastal walks, too, can very special. Venture inland for treks, horse rides and mountain biking excursions in the rocky Picos de Europa mountains. Many of the best places to stay in Asturias will be happy to point guests towards artisanal farms producing more than 100 types of cheese, or the breweries which craft the region’s famously flavoursome apple cider.
The Best Places to Stay in Asturias
For Seaside Style
- Hotel Villa Rosario, built in 1914, is a whimsical seafront hotel in Ribadesella with sleek contemporary interiors. Guest rooms are done in white, cream and grey, with crisp linens and L'Occitane bath products — the best have ocean views. Savour big breakfasts on the terrace; the restaurant is open during the summer months. Very romantic.
- Torre de Villademoros is a beautiful 18th Century country house cleverly converted into a small, modern hotel. Here you have the best of both worlds, with views of the coastline on one side and the forest on the other. The garden is rambling and the cuisine regional, local and generous.
- Hotel Pleamar sits just above the sea in Puerto de Vega, promising striking views from its rooms and sun terrace. A family-run hotel with exposed brickwork, wooden beams and a nautical theme. Kick off the day with hearty breakfasts before you wander down to the beach.
- Hotel Rural 3 Cabos is a contemporary spot on a hilltop overlooking the ocean near Valdés. Set partly in a converted farm building, the nine modern rooms have big beds, original artwork and views of the sea and the verdant mountains. Delicious dishes are created using organic produce from the kitchen garden.
FOR A RURAL Escape
- Casa La Calma is an inviting rural B&B with just six guest rooms. Clad in white and cream tones, interiors are smart and simple. Set between Ribadesella and the mountains, it's well-placed for beach days or hiking excursions, and the soothing spa is ideal for unwinding. Also very affordable.
- La Posada de Babel offers a collection of studios and cottages in leafy grounds close to Llanes, perfect for a relaxed holiday as a couple or with friends and family. Spaces feature contemporary photography, large windows with garden views and a minimalist mid-century aesthetic. Friendly and laid-back.
- El Habana Llanes, also set within verdant gardens between the ocean and the mountains, has the more classic feel of an Asturian country house, with patterned fabrics and terracotta-tiled floors. A welcoming choice with a refreshing swimming pool and quaint dining room. One for romantic couples.
- El Gran Sueno, a fantastic adults-only boutique B&B in the countryside, has just five rooms. Chic interiors are spacious and stylish, many with terraces and panoramic views. Tuck into freshly baked bread, artisanal cheese and freshly squeezed orange juice at breakfast, or speak to the owners about convivial table d'hôtes dinners.
- La Casona del Viajante is another adults-only favourite, in a rural location between Oviedo and Cangas de Onís. A lovely 1930s property, the hotel has mosaic floors, exposed beams and stained glass windows set within a dusky pink façade.
FOR HERITAGE CHARM
- Parador de Cangas de Onís, a former monastery on the banks of the Sella River in Cangas de Onís, has been transformed into an elegant heritage hotel. Rooms are chic and understated, with stone floors and dark wooden furnishings. Impressive shared spaces have beamed wooden ceilings and exposed stone walls. A romantic choice for history buffs.
- Casona De La Paca is a beautiful historic manor house set in landscaped gardens. Pick this place for a sense of traditional Asturian hospitality with modern touches in spacious rooms and suites. Expect generous breakfasts in the dining room and crackling fires in the sitting room each evening. Warm and welcoming.
- Palacio de Cutre, a restored 16th Century mansion overlooking the Picos de Europa, has 18 traditional rooms, including two family suites. Stay here for the old-fashioned interiors and the sense of timeless charm. The restaurant specialises in delicious Asturian cuisine.
- Parador de Corias, named as one of Spain's National Historical-Artistic Monuments, was built in the 11th Century. A former Benedictine Monastery, the hotel fuses contemporary elegance with its collection of timeless antiques, statues and objets d'art. Step into the basement to see the archaeological remains of the monastery. Very special.
- Hotel de la Reconquista promises an enormously five-star opulent stay in a 1752-built National Monument in Oviedo. Sensitively restored, the hotel has 142 sumptuous rooms and suites with draped four-posters, private terraces and rich textiles. Fabulous.
- Hotel Castillo del Bosque la Zoreda is a lovely historic property, nestled in the Asturian countryside just beyond Oviedo. A romantic retreat, it features chic, white-on-white guest rooms, a fantastic restaurant and a swish bar. For well-heeled lovers of luxury.
- Palacio de Luces is a gorgeous rural retreat, set in a palatial 16th-century residence. Expect elegant interiors clad in soft blues and greens, with botanical prints and idyllic garden views. The indoor pool and sauna are superb, as is the gourmet restaurant. A luxurious escape, just a short drive from the beach.
- Puebloastur has elegant interiors with cream-coloured textiles and an impressive art collection in two farmhouse-style buildings. An indulgent spa, fabulous cuisine and landscaped gardens with an infinity pool complete the picture.
For Great Value
- Hotel Don Pedro offers cosy, traditional rooms in the heart of Avilés’ old town. The small onsite restaurant specialises in local cuisine, and there are Asturian beers to sip and savour in the sunshine. An affordable base with a friendly feel.
- Hotel Fruela is an attractive little boutique hotel in the centre of Oviedo. Clad in black, white and pale wood, the 30 smart, contemporary rooms will appeal to both business or leisure travellers. Enjoy buffet breakfasts and access to the spa across the road. Affordable and well-placed for exploring.
- La Corte de Lugas has ten traditional rooms and suites tucked within a typical Asturian farmhouse. Pick this place for the reasonable rates and the hearty local cuisine. A tranquil rural spot for heritage buffs.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into Asturias Airport, which mainly offers connections to regional airports, or to the much larger Santander Airport. Continue to your destination by bus, taxi or train. Many hotels will be happy to arrange an airport pick up in advance.
- Asturias is wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Expect warm and sunny summers, with temperatures averaging at around 20°C - 24°C between June and August in peak season. For fewer crowds and great hotel deals, travel in April, May or late September.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Oviedo.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Basque Country.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Asturias
Best Hotels in Asturias
Hotel Don Pedro Avilés 23 rooms from £48Value chic - A well priced hotel decorated in charming rustic style, within easy access of many of the city's best attractions.Sights nearby - The Palace Ferrera and the Balsera Palace are a must for all tourists to this area.Sailing - The hotel can help arrange a days sailing, the perfect way to explore the coast.Full of character
A cosy and traditional hotel in the heart of the old town. Charming, well sized rooms, with large beds and exposed brick walls. A small restaurant serves up local cuisine and the bar offers Asturian cider. An excellent base for exploring the city, without breaking the bank. See More
Hotel Fruela Oviedo 29 rooms from £51Local exploring - With shops, restaurants, cultural & historic sites and offices in the surrounding neighbourhoods this hotel will appeal to manySpa - The property offers access to Total Beauty Munia Spa, located across the road, and offers beauty treatments, hammam and hot tubLocal markets - Oviedo's El Fontan market is 100 metres from the propertyGreat walks - Campo de San Francisco Park is just a short walk awayRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
Boutique hotel situated in the centre of Oviedo, well-located near the historic, cultural and business districts. Housed in a 19th-century building, 29 rooms and 1 suite are designed in a contemporary style with all necessary amenities. This property will work equally for business or leisure guests. See More
Casona de La Paca Cudillero (Cudillero) 19 rooms from £64Country Escape - Plethora of activities near this fishing village: sailing, hiking, beaches, cycling and fishing. Very quiet atmosphereGreat walks - Along the cliffs- hotel has route adviceSights nearby - Oviedo, Gijón, Luarca and SomiedoSailing - Can be booked nearby.
A lovely country hotel in a charming fishing village. Elegant rooms are light, with jolly furnishings and antique furniture. Gardens, a library with fireplace, and a cosy bar. The coast is just a short drive away. An idyllic and quiet choice for a country escape with plenty of seaside activities. See More
Torre de Villademoros Asturias 11 rooms from £68Country Escape - Best of both worlds in this spot, with the rivers, woods and hills on one side and coast on the other. Plenty to exploreFamilies - A larger suite in the tower is perfect for a family; child-friendly activities aboundSights nearby - Fishing villages: Luarca, Cudillero, Puerto de Vega or ViavélezViews - Over the sea or forestRecommended by - Sawdays
A gorgeous hotel in the Entrecabos landscape. Rooms within an 18th century house blend the modern with original features. Light wood furniture, big bathrooms and exposed bricks. Wonderful regional cuisine, enormous garden, views of both coast and forest. A chic choice for a family holiday. See More
La Corte de Lugas Principado de Asturias 14 rooms from £70Country Escape - A homely stay set in picturesque Asturias countryside.Great walks - Find scenic hiking trails running straight from the property.Full of characterTraditionalRecommended by - Sawdays
A converted rural property located in the pretty Asturias countryside. Traditionally decorated throughout with high beamed ceilings, terracotta tiled floors and pastel hues. Superb local cuisine is served and the house is well located for exploring the land and coast of the region. See More
Casona D'Alevia Penamellera Baja, Asturias 9 rooms from £70Foodies - Region is known for its cider, honey and Cabrales cheese; specialist mueseums to see the production of these goodsActive Holiday - Abundance of activities in this region: fishing, hiking and walking through the Asturias mountainsGreat walks - Good for walkers.Fishing - River Cares-Deva for salmon and trout fishing; hotel can advise on local rules
La Posada de Babel 33509 La Pereda de Llanes 12 rooms from £65Beach Life - Only 2.5 miles from the beach.Restaurant - Recommended.Sea Views - From some rooms.Views - Great views from hotel
A charming 3-star hotel in rural Asturias standing between the sea and the Picos de Europa mountains. Offering rooms decorated in a classic style, with antiques, artworks and contemporary photography. Featuring a bar, restaurant, its own bakery and even changing art exhibitions. See More
Hotel Antiguo Casino Asturias 6 rooms from £65Value chic - Great value for chic comfortable rooms located in the centre of the historic Asturian town of Pravia.Great walks - Head off to explore this charming town on foot, the best way to soak up the sights.Sights nearby - The hotel sits near the picturesque Moutas Palace.Full of character
A beautifully renovated historic property in Pravia. The lovely light filled, rooms feature exposed stone walls, parquet flooring and simple contemporary furniture. With an atmospheric breakfast room and small lounge. Walking distance from many of the town's sights and a short distance from the sea. See More
La Casona del Viajante Asturias 9 rooms from £65Value chic - Excellent value for such a delightful staySights nearby - The Sidra Museum and the Museo del Jurásico de Asturias are both within twenty minutes drive.Great walks - The Pilona region is home to great number of walking trails.Romantic - Good for couples.
Set in a wonderfully renovated 1930s house, La Casona del Viajante has a winning combination of style and comfort. Ornate mosaic floors, stained glass windows and original exposed wooden beams and some period charm. Surrounded by Asturias' natural beauty, with plenty of activities nearby. See More
Casa La Calma Ribadesella 6 rooms from £69Spa breaks - Fantastic spa with reflexology and reiki healing.Value chicGreat walks - Camino de Santiago.Kayaking - River Sella.Recommended by - I Escape
A lovely country house B&B close to the beach and mountainous areas. Simple chic rooms in neutral tones with all the mod cons and balconies. Fabulous spa offers a number of niche treatments. Excellent value and perfectly positioned for an active holiday at the beach or in the countryside. See More
Parador de Cangas de Onis 33550 Villanueva de Cangas de Onís 64 rooms from £74Local exploring - The Cabrales Cave, a 30 minutes drive away, shows the traditional way of making cheese in Asturia.Sights nearby - There is a Roman bridge nearby.Outstanding locationSpa
El Habana Llanes Llanes (33509 Asturias) 12 rooms from £75Country Escape - Enjoy the rural tranquility of the lush Asturias in the foothills of the Cuera MountainsSights nearby - Head to the picturesque nearby town of Llanes or visit the cave paintings dotted around the regionKayaking - Take a canoe out on the famous Sella River DescentSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolRecommended by - Sawdays
A modern take on the traditional Asturian house, surrounded by lush gardens with a pretty pool. Asturian dishes are served in the quaint dining room; while interiors feature traditional terracotta tiles, fine Indian furniture and large windows framing the spectacular views. A delight! See More
Parador de Corias Asturias 76 rooms from £78Spa breaks - The spa has a hammam, sauna, indoor pool and gym.Sights nearby - The Tuscan church nearby with its large Baroque mantlepiece is worth seeing.Swimming Pool - Indoor pool.Views - Great views from hotel
Stunning 4-star hotel built out of an 11th century monastery with gorgeous views of mountains, rivers and forestry. It offers chic, designer rooms with flourishes of rustic charm: antique furniture and objet d'art. Boasting an indoor pool, bar, restaurant and gym. Ideal for a countryside retreat. See More
Hotel Pleamar Asturias 9 rooms from £78Back to Nature - Situated in a historic fishing village, this hotel is close to some beautiful coastline walks and stunning unspoilt beachesGreat walks - One of the most beautiful coastal walking routes in Asturias, the Costa Naviega, runs directly in front of the hotelSurfing - The closest beach to the hotel, Playa Frejulfe, is great for surfingSecluded setting - For escaping.
A family-run hotel in a tranquil Asturian fishing village, close to beaches and coastal walks. Decor merges traditional elements such as exposed brickwork and wooden beams with a charming nautical theme, and spacious rooms all have their own style. Expect a hearty breakfasts and a warm welcome. See More
La Casona de Amandi Asturias 9 rooms from £82Local exploring - The hotel can organise cider and cheese tastings, guided tours of nature reserves and cooking classes for guests.Cooking classes - Learn to cook regional dishes in a cookery class.Views - Great views from hotelTraditional
Hotel Rural 3 Cabos ASTURIAS, Asturias 6 rooms from £91Country Escape - From bicycles to beaches there's many-a country pursuit; or simply unwind in the hotel with a good book and spectacular views.Families - A family friendly hotel with plenty of space for little ones to run around in.Great walks - Lovely walks starting straight from the property over gently rolling hils.Sights nearby - Visit the pretty fishing town of Luarca.Recommended by - Sawdays, Great Small Hotels
A charming rural property perched atop a hill, with far stretching views across the gently rolling hills and azure sea. Cosy rooms are traditional in style; the best are in the attic with rustic exposed beams and sloping roofs. Set in a glorious part of rural Spain. Country perfection. See More
Hotel de La Reconquista Oviedo 142 rooms from £102Weddings - Two charming inner courtyards, dedicated on-site chapel and large event space make this is memorable wedding venueBusiness meetings - A convention centre and 16 meetings rooms over 9000 square metres can host events for up to 1,400 peopleCity Style - Stay within a historical institution and benefit from a great city centre locationSights nearby - Oviedo Cathedral, Campo de San Francisco Park, Campoamor Theatre and Fontán Square
Luxury hotel in central Oviedo built in 1752. Now listed as a National Monument, the building has a Baroque facade and boasts its own chapel, shopping gallery and traditional Asturian restaurant. 142 rooms and suites face the city or inner courtyards and are decorated in a traditional opulent style. See More
El Gran Sueno Asturias 5 rooms from £104Eco break - An eco friendly hotel where all wood has been upscaled into bathroom shelves and most of the furniture is original to the house.Local exploring - In a superb location close by to Infiesto and about a 40 minute drive away from the coast and Picos de Europa National Park.Country Escape - In a truly peaceful setting, at the top of a twisting road with amazing views of the countryside.Local markets - Visit the traditional farmers market held close by, perfect for picking up some local produce.Recommended by - Sawdays, Great Small Hotels
A boutique B&B run by a friendly couple, nestled in beautiful natural surroundings. Spacious and chic interiors with modern facilities, seating areas, and balconies overlooking the El Sueve natural reserve. Home cooked meals are served in the restaurant. Stylish, sustainable and magical. See More
Palacio de Cutre Asturias from £113Local exploring - Plenty of charming nearby fishing villages, mountain walks and cave exploring from this rural mansionGreat walks - Guided walk on Pepin Road to learn about the local cheese and ciderSights nearby - Colunga, fishing villageViews - Piloña River ValleyRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Palacio de Prelo Asturias 5 rooms from £117Country Escape - Surrounded by gardens and fields, this idyllic rural retreat is great for those looking for a tranquil, wholesome holidayKayaking - Canoeing on the nearby reservoirs is a popular activity and a great way of soaking in the beautiful sightsSights nearby - Set in the heart of a nature park which has several well preserved Iron Age settlementsGreat walks - The Boal region has a number of stunning walking trailsRecommended by - Sawdays
A converted Asturias palace with stunning views of gardens and rolling fields. Inside, traditional interiors feature wooden beams and large fireplaces, with antique hardwood furniture and sumptuous vintage fabrics. Expect a warm welcome from your hosts at this tranquil rural haven! See More
Hotel Villa Rosario Ribadesella 17 rooms from £117Active Holiday - A great selection of adventure sports alongside more laid backed activities.Beach Life - Situated right on a stunning stretch of beach.Sights nearby - Visit the Unesco World Heritage site of Cueva de Tito Bustillo (pre-historic caves).Restaurant - Breakfast served year round. The restaurant only opens for July and August.
A stunning seafront 1914 palacio with wonderfully contemporary interiors. Chic white rooms with L'Occitane en Provence products, the best of which have sea views. Indulgent breakfasts can be taken on the terrace. Surrounded by some of Spain's best beaches. A unique seaside property. See More
Hotel Castillo del Bosque la Zoreda Oviedo (La Manjoya) 25 rooms from £134Total relaxation - A tranquil and serene retreat in the Asturian countryside, with pampering spa and excellent food.Great walks - Make the most of the stunning landscape and head out to explore the Asturian countryside.Sights nearby - Take a day trip to the untouched, sandy Asturian beaches.Romantic - Good for couples.
An elegant castle hotel overlooking the mountains in the Asturian countryside. Simple, chic suites some multi-level, with private balconies, garden or forest views, and hot tubs. The on site restaurant dishes up excellent regional cuisine, and sleek bar serves innovative cocktails. A grand choice. See More
Palacio de Luces Luces - Lastres - Colunga 44 rooms from £161Families - With a multitude of activities to choose from in the surrounding area there's something for everyone to enjoy.Restaurant - Balcon des Sueve offers a modern take on traditional Asturian cuisine using fresh seasonal produce.Great walks - Explore the miles of tracks through the surrounding forest.Spa - Wellness area with sauna., gym, pool and massage rooms
A 5 star Relais & Châteaux property set in a 16th century palatial home. Elegant rooms have a traditional feel yet are chic and contemporary. A smart indoor pool and sauna are perfect for unwinding. Gourmet local cuisine is served up in the restaurant. Situated in stunning countryside. True luxury. See More
Puebloastur Asturias 30 rooms from £242Hideaway - Located in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere, this stylish and earthy hotel is ideal for a tranquil retreatSpa breaks - Boasting a full spa and hydrotherapy centreGreat walks - Situated in the heart of the Sueve Valley with a wealth of stunning mountain trails nearbySights nearby - Visit the quaint village and its pretty church and chapel
Tranquil luxury hotel with breathtaking views of the Picas d'Europa and an impressive art collection. Large rooms are rustic-chic with neutral tones, in traditional farmhouse-style buildings. The garden has pretty terraces and an infinity pool, while the indulgent spa and top cuisine seals the deal! See More