Search the best hotels in Oviedo
Said to have been founded by two monks in the 8th century, Oviedo is the capital of Asturias. The seat of the powerful kings of Asturias, Oviedo played a significant role in the Spanish struggle against Moorish Spain that lasted for seven centuries. Today, the city bears the hallmarks of such history with an impressive selection of churches and chapels. The Asturian kings were great builders and as such the city is steeped in rich architectural history. The best places to stay in Oviedo tend to be in the city's historic old town.
Things not to miss:
- Oviedo is home to some incredible churches, some of finest being the Cathedral of San Salvador, the Basilica of San Julián de los Prados and the 9th century Church of San Tirso.
- Located within the cathedral, the Cámara Santa de Oviedo is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Housing a number of Christian treasures such as the great gold and jeweled cross of victory for Alfonso III.
- Visit the beautiful Santa María del Naranco Hall, a magnificent 9th century pavilion built for the Asturian kings.
- The former Monastery of Saint Vincent is now home to the Archaeological Museum of Asturias.
Oviedo is the type of place where you walk around and just soak up the history and heritage. Some of the best places to stay in Oviedo are in the city's historic buildings.
The best places to stay in Oviedo
For a historic stay
- A short way outside Oviedo, Hotel Castillo del Bosque la Zoreda embodies the region's rich history. A stylishly renovated castle overlooking the beautiful surrounding Asturian countryside, it features chic rooms, a super restaurant and a snazzy cocktail bar. The perfect place to retreat to after exploring the charms of Oviedo.
For a private apartment
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Airport of Asturias (40km) or alternatively a number of rail and coach routes are available across the region.
- For car hire, we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Oviedo is from June to September, when the temperature sits comfortably in the twenties.
Still not sure?
- Have another look at our selection of the best places to stay in Oviedo.
- Alternatively expand the search to the best places to stay in Asturias.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Oviedo
Best Hotels in Oviedo
Hotel Fruela Oviedo 29 rooms from £51Local exploring - With shops, restaurants, cultural & historic sites and offices in the surrounding neighbourhoods this hotel will appeal to manySpa - The property offers access to Total Beauty Munia Spa, located across the road, and offers beauty treatments, hammam and hot tubLocal markets - Oviedo's El Fontan market is 100 metres from the propertyGreat walks - Campo de San Francisco Park is just a short walk awayRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
Boutique hotel situated in the centre of Oviedo, well-located near the historic, cultural and business districts. Housed in a 19th-century building, 29 rooms and 1 suite are designed in a contemporary style with all necessary amenities. This property will work equally for business or leisure guests. See More
Hotel de La Reconquista Oviedo 142 rooms from £102Weddings - Two charming inner courtyards, dedicated on-site chapel and large event space make this is memorable wedding venueBusiness meetings - A convention centre and 16 meetings rooms over 9000 square metres can host events for up to 1,400 peopleCity Style - Stay within a historical institution and benefit from a great city centre locationSights nearby - Oviedo Cathedral, Campo de San Francisco Park, Campoamor Theatre and Fontán Square
Luxury hotel in central Oviedo built in 1752. Now listed as a National Monument, the building has a Baroque facade and boasts its own chapel, shopping gallery and traditional Asturian restaurant. 142 rooms and suites face the city or inner courtyards and are decorated in a traditional opulent style. See More
Hotel Castillo del Bosque la Zoreda Asturias 25 rooms from £134Total relaxation - A tranquil and serene retreat in the Asturian countryside, with pampering spa and excellent food.Great walks - Make the most of the stunning landscape and head out to explore the Asturian countryside.Sights nearby - Take a day trip to the untouched, sandy Asturian beaches.Romantic - Good for couples.
An elegant castle hotel overlooking the mountains in the Asturian countryside. Simple, chic suites some multi-level, with private balconies, garden or forest views, and hot tubs. The on site restaurant dishes up excellent regional cuisine, and sleek bar serves innovative cocktails. A grand choice. See More