Search the best hotels in Baqueira
A hugely popular destination for winter sports enthusiasts, Baqueira is the main hub of Spain’s premier ski resort. The snow-clad Pyrenees are magical during the winter months, and the Spanish ski scene is rapidly growing. You’ll find a lively buzz in Baqueira itself, and a burgeoning crop of excellent hotels and chalets, fit for a range of tastes and budgets. Check out our list of the best places to stay in Bqueira as you start planning your trip.
The Baqueira-Beret-Bonaigua Ski Resort’s boasts around 150 kilometres of groomed runs, as well as plenty of off-piste terrain and over 1000 metres of vertical drops. With the highest lift reaching 2,516 metres, you can expect great snow coverage and a real sense of adventure. Hone your skills with private lessons, try heli-skiing with friends or head out on the slopes as a family. Summer visitors, on the other hand, can expect verdant scenery criss-crossed with myriad hiking and cycling trails.
Some of the best places to stay in Baqueira are very lively, with DJs nights and trendy bars drawing quite a crowd. Our Gurus have also highlighted a couple of quieter spots for those seeking to unwind. For complete seclusion, head out to the surrounding hamlets and villages, many of which are well-connected to town by bus but feel very tranquil.
The Best Places to Stay in Baqueria
For Families & Groups
- Chalet Bassibe has cosy interiors with exposed beams and pitched ceilings, promising all the charm of a classic chalet. Flexible options for couples, friends and families travelling together make this a great choice for a relaxed holiday in winter or summer. Friendly and well-priced.
- La Pleta is a more modern mountain getaway with 63 crisp rooms and four restaurants. Family-friendly options are available, and there are stacks of activities for guests of all ages. Grown ups will adore the indulgent spa.
For Ski-In Ski-Out Luxury
- AC Baqueira Ski Resort sits at the foot of the slopes, just 50 metres from the cable car. Chic contemporary style abounds in the 69 rooms and suites. An soothing spa, gourmet restaurant and two bars - one with DJs nights and terrific cocktails - add to the appeal. A five-star ski resort experience.
- Hotel Val de Neu is another five star spot, also close to the ski lifts. Interiors have a sophisticated alpine feel, with 120 indulgent rooms and suites clad in white and natural tones. Unwind in the spa and hot tub after days of adventure, before feasting on superb cuisine in the restaurants. Families are very welcome.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Lleida-Alguaire Airport, Zaragoza Airport in Spain, or to either Lourdes-Tarbes-Pyrénées Airport or Toulouse-Blagnac Airport, across the border in France, and continue by road or rail from there.
- The Pyrenees region is wonderful for a road trip, particularly during the summer months! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel between December and March for winter sports, as the highest snowfall is expected during these months. For hiking and mountain biking, visit between May and September, when the mountains are spectacularly green and temperatures average at around 20°C - 27°C.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Formigal.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Pyrenees.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Baqueira
Best Hotels in Baqueira
Chalet Bassibe Baqueira (Urbanización Nin de Beret 2) 33 rooms from £108Active Holiday - Siutated a stone's throw from the ski slopes of Val D'aran, this is an ideal base for an active skiing holidayFamilies - With family rooms available that can accommodate children, this hotel is a good option for a family holidayRomantic Break - Couples love the warm and friendly hotel bar, plus the romantic outdoor hot tubGreat walks - There are lots of marked hiking trails close to the hotel; go on a long walk and take in the beautiful mountain scenery
This modern chalet is located in the Baqueira-Beret ski resort in the Spanish Pyrenees. Interiors are warm and inviting, with exposed beams and pitched ceilings; book a family room if you are travelling with children. Soak in the hotel hot tub after a day on the slopes; a charming mountain retreat. See More
La Pleta Baqueira 63 rooms from £160Other Activities - Heliskiing, mushing (dogs and sledges), snowmobiles, hiking excursions, white water rafting.Resort - A resort for all summer and winter activities in the mountains.Valley location - Aran-Pyrenees Valley.Active HolidayRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
AC Baqueira Hotel & Spa Baqueira (Catalan Pyrenees) 69 rooms from £195Bar - Suite Bar for night owls, with DJs and cool cocktails, Cigar Bar with log fire for chill out timeSkiing - Situated at the bottom of the slopes, just 50m from the cable car.Restaurant - Italian cuisine is served in the Restaurant Don GiovanniSuites - 31 spacious luxurious suitesRecommended by - Tablet
In the Catalan resort of Baqueira in the Pyrenees (Spain's premier ski resort) is the smart Five Star AC Baqueira Hotel and Spa. Ideally situated at the foot of the slopes and 50m from the cable car. Contemporary, designer hotel. Cool suites and spa & built in night-life with two sophisticated bars See More
Hotel Val de Neu Baqueira 120 rooms from £286Skiing - World-class ski resort of Baqueira Beret. The hotel's just 50m from the lifts5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Swimming Pool - Indoor pool with various pampering and therapeutic jetsViews - Spectacular views across the Ruda Valley
Luxurious hotel just 50m from the ski lift. Large, cosy sitting room for relaxing with a drink and top notch spa & outdoor hot tub for easing weary limbs. Rooms are contemporary in style with plenty of exposed wood for an alpine feel. Various restaurant choices and one especially for kids! See More