Search the best hotels in Begur
Begur lies just an hour North of Barcelona: the charming little town on the Costa Brava where Barcelonans in the know have their holiday homes. Begur's pace is slow - people come here to relax, play some golf, swim in the sea, take long strolls in the countryside, and eat delicious food in the perfect beachside setting accompanied by excellent wines. The best places to stay in Begur will make sure that you experience all the above.
Begur is not the Costa Brava of the package holiday. Begur offers a blend of Moorish and Spanish architecture, with a medieval castle on the hilltop, and restaurants are plentiful and of a high quality. And, the perfect golden-peach beaches are chichi rather than covered in sunburned revellers.
Some of the Costa Brava's most beautiful coves and beaches are only a short distance from Begur. Within 15 minutes of the town you'll find Blue Flag, family-friendly, shallow, open-sea types, yachter's favourite narrow inlets and secluded sandy coves.
If you don't fancy travelling out of town for a beach, you have the small and lovely Sa Tuna and Sa Riera, as well as the nearby 300 metre long and generously wide expanse of Platja del Raco. You're also conveniently close to the popular nudist beach, l'Illa Roja.
Some of the best food in the Catalonia can be sampled here. After all, Barcelonans have high expectations. You'll also find variety in the menu prices. If you fancy a change, borrow a torch and take a moonlit stroll around the headland to the next village for your supper.
The Surrounding Area
Begur is set amidst vineyards and villages, dotted in the warm coloured landscape, along the way to Girona. In Pubol, see the crumbling castle Salvador Dali bought for his wife, some of it museum, some of it just as it was when they lived here in the 60s. And, when you look at the landscape again, you'll start to see how the backdrops of Dali's paintings have captured the blazing blue sky and orange-y landscape perfectly.
What Not To Miss
- If you're on a beach break then be sure to head over to the picturesque Plage de Sa Tuna, Playa de Aiguablava and Playa Fonda. Be warned though that these popular spots get pretty busy in the summer, so you may want to head there early in the day and put your towel down to reserve a spot!
- Castell de Begur, whilst nowadays mostly in ruins, is a great place to go for a hike. Once at the top, you get a magnificent 360 degree view of the area which is especially gorgeous at sunset.
- Bar Musical La Bodeguita del Medio is a Cuban style bar with terrific cocktails and a bustling atmosphere. A great place to spend the evening if you fou fancy letting off a bit of steam.
- Head off on a tour of the area on horseback with Hipica Begur Excursions A Caballo, the ideal way to get to know your surroundings.
But don't forget that this is a holiday hotspot during the peak summer months. So if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Begur during July or August, you'll have to get organised and book well ahead. Alternatively come in the quieter shoulder season when the weather is still good, but the crowds have gone.
The best places to stay in Begur
The Best Places to Stay in Begur for families
- The Hotel Restaurant Aiguaclara, with its excellent, but reasonably priced restaurant, and super central location, is one of the best places to stay in Begur for families. With only ten rooms it's a relatively private setting for your family holiday, and with double rooms starting from less than £80 per night, this is also ideal for travellers seeking a bargain.
- Cap Sa Sal, enjoying a superb clifftop location, provides chic light-filled rooms and apartments furnished in a typically Mediterranean manner. With delicious home-cooked food and the beach on your doorstep, this is a tremendous stay.
The Best Places to Stay in Begur for foodies
- Named one of the best hotels in the world, twice, and probably because of its restaurant, Hostal Sa Rascassa is the one to book. The five rooms are simple and fresh, as is the restaurant's decor. And it's right on the beach, so as well as spectacular food, this hotel is also one of the best places to stay in Begur if you want spectacular views.
- Galena Mas Comangau Hotel is a farmhouse conversion mixing contemporary accommodation with traditional elements. Boasting a lovely Catalan restaurant (one of the region's finest!) and just 5 minutes walk from Begur's city centre, it's a top all-round spot.
The Best Places to Stay in the Centre of Begur Town
- Cluc Hotel is a newly restored 18th-century property located bang in the centre of Begur. Offering simple accommodation and with a number of activities on your doorstep, it's a terrific base for your holiday.
- Hotel Sa Calma is an elegant spot, located around the corner from the main square. You'll find feature wallpaper and muslin cloth draped beds in their rooms, as well as a rooftop pool with great views of the town.
- If you're looking for a hotel in which to hibernate, take a look at the Hotel del Teatre. Its other great appeal is its onsite theatre restaurant. Stunning views, sleek interiors and an exclusive feel ensure this is a top choice for those seeking a romantic bolt-hole.
- Rectoria de Regencos is set in a sandstone building typifying rural Catalonia. Boasting 3 crisp, light filled rooms featuring pale palettes, this is a lovely intimate retreat.
- El Convent De Begur is an 18th-century convent turned 4* hotel enjoying a rural setting. Their chic yet simple rooms offer wonderful views, and you can enjoy modern Catalan cuisine in their El Refectori restaurant.
Begur's Best Beach Hotels
- Parador de Aiguablava sits perched atop cliffs overlooking the sea. Their light and airy rooms offer stunning views, whilst there's also a rooftop pool and a restaurant specialising in classic Girona cuisine.
- Hotel Aigua Blava is located right on the beach, offering unfussy accommodation decorated in neutral tones. With a top restaurant, salt water pool and tennis courts, it's a great all round choice.
Prefer An Apartment Or holiday Villa?
- If you've decided that a self-catering option would best suit your needs then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Begur's weather is at its nicest in the summer months, with the average temperature reaching 26°C in July and August. Be warned though that this is peak season, so there'll be many tourists around and accommodation will be more expensive.
- If you want to avoid the crowds but still enjoy the good weather, then visiting in the shoulder-season months (May, September and October) is your best bet.
- The nearest airport is Girona, located 45km away. From the airport, hop on the bus to Palafrugell and from there you can take a bus to Begur.
- Ryanair fly from Luton, Stansted, Edinburgh and Dublin to Girona, with the journey time lasting just over 2 hours.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of the best places to stay in Begur.
- Alternatively, widen the net and check out all our recommendations in the Costa Brava and Catalonia.
- Or, feel free to contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Begur
Best Hotels in Begur
Hotel Hanoi 17255 Begur 9 rooms from £57Local exploring - Located in the charming village of Begur, ideal for countryside walks and coastal explorationSights nearby - Head to the charming fishing villages along the coast and tour the Dali TriangleBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Romantic - Good for couples.
A charming village B&B offering delightful breakfasts on its pretty terrace. Expect tropical plants, chic distressed furniture and tasteful craft pieces. The elegant rooms are minimal-chic with fine wood furniture and comfy beds, the best have pretty balconies. Ideal for a relaxed getaway. See More
El Petit Convent 17255 Begur 11 rooms from £62Local exploring - Very close to the historic centre of Begur and a short walk to sights, while lovely beaches are a short bus journey awayGreat walks - Explore the extensive coastal trails (caminos de ronda), breathtaking walks flanked by stunning landscapeRomantic - Good for couples.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
A charming hotel tucked down a cobbled street in the centre of Begur. Friendly interiors feature rustic stone walls with a mix of classic pieces and contemporary Scandi-style furniture, with pretty potted plants and artworks. Simple, fresh rooms are similarly chic. An attractive, great value base. See More
Galena mas Comangau Hotel Begur 10 rooms from £74Foodies - One of the best restaurants in the region.Value chicSights nearby - Five minutes walk from Begur town centreRomantic - Good for couples.
A lovely farmhouse conversion with a fantastic Catalan restaurant just outside the historic walls of Begur. Contemporary rooms have traditional elements - wooden beams and exposed stone walls. Excellent views from the roof top terrace, close to the beaches and excellent value for money. See More
El Convent de Begur Begur (Sa Riera) 25 rooms from £77Sights nearby - Explore the charming fishing villages along the coast. Perfect for touring the Dali TriangleGreat walks - Walk the Camins de Ronda, shoreline paths which stretch the length of the Costa BravaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorTraditional
18th century convent turned four star hotel just 600m from one of Begur's best beaches. The twenty five rooms have been converted from the convent's cells and feature original tiled floors and wonderful views over the gardens to the Med. El Refectori restaurant serves modern Catalan cuisine. See More
Hostal Sa Rascassa Begur 5 rooms from £78Restaurant with rooms - The restaurant is exceptional - Sa Rascassa has been named the best hote in the world twice!Restaurant - The restaurant is renowned.Secluded setting - In a beach alcove.Hideaway - Tranquil and intimate.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Cluc Hotel Carrer del Metge Pi, 8, 17255 Begur 12 rooms from £78Sights nearby - Begur is a Romanesque fishing town with dottings of colonial houses and a castle overlooking the town.Great walks - Explore the Catalan Costa Brava by foot and find many hidden gems.Views - Great views from hotelSailing - Can be booked nearby.
Newly restored 1800s townhouse in the heart of Begur. Terraces overlook the medieval castle. Simple, comfortable rooms have access to living room and library and breakfast is worth waking up for. Begur enjoys a selection of fine restaurants and bars. Make sure you have time to explore. See More
Hotel Restaurant Aiguaclara Begur 8 rooms from £78Town - Begur is a pretty, medieval town.CharmingLocal exploringFamilyRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Hotel Classic Begur 17255 Begur 127 rooms from £87Romantic Break - A lovely little bolthole in a traditional Catalan building popular with couples on a romantic retreatGreat walks - Explore Begur's eight beautiful coves and beaches, located at the foot of the townSights nearby - Visit Begur's atmospheric medieval castleSwimming Pool - Indoor pool
A charming hotel set in a traditional old building in the medieval town centre, with a romantic underground pool and friendly restaurant popular with locals. Simple, attractive interiors feature local stone and rooms are individually decorated, some with pretty frescoes or rustic bare walls. See More
Hotel sa Calma Begur 12 rooms from £108Local exploring - Just 15 minutes from Fornells Beach and steps from Begur's main square.Sailing - The hotel will help organise a day's sailing.Romantic - Good for couples.Traditional
An elegant hotel in an excellent central location in Begur. Pretty rooms with feature wall paper, muslin cloth draped beds and roll top baths. A roof top offers a pool and lovely town views. Walking distance from Begur's sights and within easy access of the sea. A chic spot. See More
Rectoria de Regencos Begur (Regencós) 3 rooms from £121Sights nearby - Complete the 'Dali Triangle' including a museum in Figueres, the castle in Púbol, Dali’s houseLocal markets - Take home some treasure from the antique shops and markets at La Bisbal.Surfing - Pals beach is great for surfers.Full of characterRecommended by - I Escape
Hidden away in a medieval village, from the outside this aged sandstone property with its pretty garden is all rural Catalonia. Inside there is a more modern approach. Rooms are light filled, decorated in pale palettes. Prices include breakfast & you're just 10 mins from some great beaches. See More
Hotel del Teatre Begur 7 rooms from £121Outstanding location - Located in the 'Golden Triangle' - Mediterranean landscapes and scenery and sandy beaches of the Costa Brava.Restaurant - The Theatre Restaurant is a main attraction.Exclusive use - Available for exclusive use.FarmhouseRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Two medieval Catalan farmhouses renovated with romance in mind. Gaze over the Mediterranean landscape, swim in the nearby beaches of the Costa Brava, or simply hibernate in the luxury of the hotel - in the gourmet Theatre restaurant, in the sleek interiors, or at the swimming pool. See More
Hotel Aigua Blava Begur (Fornells) 85 rooms from £131Views - Views over the bays of Fornells and AiguablavaBeach LifeFamiliesGroups
Excellently equipped seaside hotel right on the beach. Rooms, suites and apartments all in neutral tones with private balconies cater to families, groups and couples. Excellent restaurant, salt water pool, tennis courts, and watersports. A great choice for a beach holiday with everything on site. See More
Cap Sa Sal Begur 10 rooms from £152Beach Life - The perfect beach getaway, with fantastic views of the bay, yummy seafood and just a short stroll to the nearest beach!Total relaxation - Make the most out of your tranquil surroundings to truly unwind. Sip wine on your balcony or take a dip in the pool!Diving - Head off cliff diving for an adrenaline-filled time!Views - Great views from hotel
Cap Sa Sal enjoys a clifftop location on Begur's Costa Brava. With both rooms and apartments furnished in a classically Mediterranean manner boasting spectacular ocean views. Burn off the wonderful home-cooked food by hiking around the cliffs or swimming in the sea! Utterly peaceful. See More