Search the best hotels in Costa Brava
About Costa Brava
The 'wild coast', as it's translated, is well known for pockets of hyper-development. Clusters of concrete high-rises overlooking beautiful stretches of sand. But the rugged, dramatic nature of this coastline protects it from becoming overdeveloped. Many of its most beautiful, pink tinged coves and wind-buffeted cliffs challenge developers and the gorgeous stretches of seascape retain a natural wildness. And many of these off the beaten track spots play host to the best places to stay on the Costa Brava.
Some of our Costa Brava collections:
- The Best Costa Brava Beach Hotels
- Best rural hotels on the Costa Brava
- Best Costa Brava Hotels with pools
- Best Costa Brava Hotels for families
- Best Costa Brava Hotels for foodies
What not to Miss
- Begur. is a sleepy little town just an hour north of Barcelona where you'll find gorgeous beaches and coves, excellent restaurants and not a high-rise is sight.
- Cadaques is another of our favourite spots. The beaches might not be sandy, but the seas are sparkling blue, you're in the heart of Dali country and the views are simply beautiful.
- The interior has its own wildness to explore. Bare and orange coloured in the north near the French border, the countryside is dotted with old stone villages.
There are plenty of pretty hill towns to choose from, if you're interested in doing some day tripping, some of the prettiest include:
- Pals, which was destroyed during the civil war and has been lovingly restored by a local doctor,
- Peratallada, a beautiful, walled medieval village,
- Whitewashed Cadaques, which occupies a magical spot overlooking both the mountains and the Mediterranean.
- Palafrugell is one of the region's larger towns and has traditional nightlife. This market town's main square holds crazy dances which seem to be fun for young and old.
- This is Salvador Dali country, and as well as appreciating his landscape, you can also appreciate his life and art the three excellent museums.
- But it's not just Dali here, there is other art and history to explore. The Costa Brava has some of Europe's most important Greek, Roman and Iberian archaeological sites.
- As well as the wild places, the Costa Brava also has its share of Blue Flag beaches. There is quite a selection from broad stretches of sand perfect for bucket and spade breaks, to secluded coves you can only reach by sea.
- The Cami de Ronda is a well maintained walking path running the whole length of the Costa Brava.
- If you're looking for the big resorts then head to Lloret de Mar and Tossa de Mar. If you head north from these resorts you'll find quieter resorts and old fishing villages in which you'll find the Hotel Guru's recommendations.
- If you're here for the diving the best places are around the tiny islets of Illes Medes, where theres a wonderful diversity of sea life to meet.
Our pick of the best places to stay in the Costa Brava offers a wide range with something for all tastes and budgets.
The Best Places to Stay on the Costa Brava
The Best Places to stay on the Costa Brava For a Beach Break
- Stay at Hotel Aigua Blava overlooking the bays of Fornells and Aiguablava and there’s no need to go anywhere. Everything is on site - from watersports and tennis to a kids’ club and outdoor pool. Rooms are large and contemporary-Catalan in style.
- Sprawling above the beach at the Bay of Roses, Hotel Vistabella has just 29 luxurious rooms and suites - think sleek greys and creams, marble or polished-wood floors, large balconies. With watersports, four restaurants, a spa, and close proximity to eight golf courses and Dali Museums it’s perfect for both romantics and the more active.
- Overlooking the Bay of Cadaqués, on the northern stretch of the Costa Brava, Hotel Playa Sol has large and airy rooms with splashes of bright colours. Most have balconies, plus there are four-person apartments so great for families.
- Perched above a small, sandy beach, family-run Hotel Tamariu has bright, nautically themed rooms. Relaxed and low-key it has a restaurant offering Catalan specialities and ready access to plenty of watersports.
- In the north, on an unspoilt curve of beach near L’Escala, family-friendly Hostal Empuries offers cool, modern rooms and terrific eco credentials. It also has a sleek spa and choice of two restaurants.
The Most Romantic Places to Stay on the Costa Brava
- Les Hamaques actually cheats a little; it is in a rural setting and close to the beach of the lovely Santa Marti d’Empuriés (the Greco-Roman ruins of Empuriés are nearby, too). It’s small - just five rooms - and very private, surrounded by pretty gardens. The white-on-white rooms are chic yet simple with a mix of vintage and contemporary furnishings, private terraces and hammocks. Evening meals are by request.
- Another intimate hotel - again just five rooms - is Can Casi, an 18th-century villa in the much sought-after area of Baix Empordà. Eclectically furnished rooms where bright pops of colour mix with vintage chandeliers, exposed stone walls with perhaps a Vespa scooter. There are large private balconies and bathtubs for two. It’s adults-only, too!
- And yet another five-room hotel (no children under 12) is L’Hort de Sant Cebria, a lovely Catalan country house with vine-covered stone walls, elegantly furnished rooms and a pretty scented garden with fountains and quiet corners. Excellent value, too. Evening meals are by arrangement.
The Best Places to stay on the Costa Brava for Families
- For all-round luxury and children’s entertainment, it’s hard to beat the A-listers’ favourite, Mas de Torrent. A Relais & Chateaux property, this country-house hotel near hilltop Begur offers a summer programme of children’s entertainment. Families are directed to the 20 garden suites with private garden access and a chic contemporary style.
- On an unspoilt beach near L’Escala in the northern part of Costa Brava, Hostal Empuries has large family rooms in contemporary style, plus on-site activities that include paddleboards, boats and bicycles to hire, plus a weekend kids’ club. The beach is very safe plus the hotel is close to waterparks.
The Best Places to stay on the Costa Brava for Rural Peace
- For a real rural retreat, Mas Falgarona is a 17th-century farmhouse with not another building in sight. Rooms are large, light and simple retaining the original thick stone walls and raftered ceilings. There’s a small pool, a shady garden and an organic kitchen garden providing much of the produce for the restaurant. A real ‘switch-off and recharge’ sort of place.
- At Boutique Hotel Can Pico, you can roll out of bed into the vineyards; this converted farmhouse has vines as well as olive groves. Rooms are surprisingly crisp and modern with bold modern art. There’s a pool in the garden for daytime laziness and a well-stocked cellar for evening wine-tasting.
- With views of either olive groves or the lovely Bay of Roses, Hotel Mas Lazuli is an 11th-century convent turned into a swish country-house hotel. Rooms are super-stylish with polished wood floors, white-painted rafters and chic furnishings. There’s a very cool terrace restaurant plus large pool set in the tropical gardens.
- Very much off-the-beaten-track, Hotel Moli del Mig is a former 15th-century mill that has been turned into a designer spa hotel. Everything is sleek, light and airy, with pale polished floors and huge windows making the most of the gardens and surrounding countryside. There’s plenty to do for the active - kayaking, riding, cycling - or just chill out in the spa or around the elegant pool.
The Best Places to Stay in Begur
An hour north of Barcelona is Begur: the charming little town where Barcelonians in the know have their holiday homes. Begur's pace is slow. People come here to relax, enjoy themselves, play some golf, swim in the sea, take selfish strolls in the countryside, eat delicious food in perfect beach-side setting accompanied by excellent wines. That sort of thing.
- The Hotel Restaurant Aigualclara, with an excellent, reasonably priced restaurant and super central location is perfect for families. With only eight rooms it's a relatively private setting for your family holiday. With kid's activities on site, it couldn't be easier. Starting from less than £60 per night, this is also a good spot for travellers seeking a bargain.
The Best Places to Stay in Girona
- With only five bedrooms, the Casa Migdia guesthouse is one for families and groups who prefer to be further inland. The owners have children themselves and Papa Sebastien used to run a Thai-French restaurant in Paris. With rooms starting from only £63 a night, it's also ideal if you're on a budget.
The Best Places to stay on Dali's Costa Brava
- If you're looking for a hotel in which to hibernate, the Hotel del Teatre, Pubol, is one of the best. Its other great appeal is the onsite theatre restaurant.
- L'Hort de Sant Cebria is within the 'Dali triangle', between the region's three major museums and galleries. This is our recommendation if you're looking for a country house hotel type experience with a Catalan twist.
The Best Places to stay on the Costa Brava for Foodies
Being part of Catalonia, which has one of the highest concentration of Michelin starred chefs in Spain, the Costa Brava has much to offer foodies.
- In the midst of the Empordà’s wine-growing region you can expect excellent wines - and wine-tasting opportunities - at the Mas de Torrent. You can also expect top-notch Catalan dining in the hotel’s excellent, if formal, restaurant. Choose either a contemporary or classical style room - all are large and elegant - and don’t be surprised to see a few well-known celebrities.
- Expect five-star everything at the Hostal de la Gavina, which offers hospitality with wonderful, old-world charm (Ava Gardner and Salvador Dali are former guests). On a high, rocky promontory overlooking the beaches near S’Agaró, inside it’s all cool marbles, antiques and comfortable tradition. Meals are leisurely affairs - plenty of fresh seafood - beautifully served in the white-vaulted dining room.
- Named one of the best hotels in the world, twice, and probably because of its restaurant, Hostal Sa Rascassa is probably the best place for foodies. The five rooms are simple and fresh, as is the restaurant's decor. It is right on the beach, so as well as spectacular food, this hotel is the one to book if you want spectacular views pretty much all to yourself.
- For something truly special reserve a room at the Castell d'Emporda. Sleep in a wonderful castle, surrounded by vineyards, herb gardens, a wonderful glass fronted restaurant and perfect pool. This luxurious historic home has been updated to tick the boxes modern day luxury requires, making it one of the most luxurious properties on our list.
- The converted farmhouse, Galena Mas Comangau Hotel, just outside the ramparts of hill-top Begur, offers a contemporary take on Catalan and Mediterranean dishes in an atmospheric, exposed-stone and raftered dining room. It is cosy and intimate with just 10 bedrooms which set simple modern furnishings against the original fabric of the farmhouse. Terrific views from the rooftop terrace, too.
- Hotel Vistabella is aptly named. From a cliff-top position, it overlooks the Bay of Roses in the northern part of the Costa Brava. Make sure you book a room with a terrace; chances are you won’t move. Kick off dinner with a drink in the panoramic bar, then choose from one of the four on-site restaurants.
The Best Value Places to stay on the Costa Brava
- With 20 simple, white-on-white rooms, Hotel Casamar overlooking Llafranc Bay, is terrific value for a holiday where you want to hop from room to beach and back again with minimum effort. All rooms have balconies, plus there’s a breezy restaurant and local watersports.
- Nearby Hotel Terramar, with the same matchless location, is slightly larger with unfussy, contemporary rooms. Opt for a sea-view with balcony. Family-run, the excellent value fish restaurant has a lovely dining terrace.
- Eco-friendly Hostal Empuries, in the more rugged northern stretch of coastline, offers two highly rated restaurants. A mix of contemporary and traditional, many of the 53 rooms look directly across the bay.
Prefer an Apartment or Villa?
If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- There are three airports serving the Costa Brava with international connections, Girona-Costa-Brava Airport, Barcelona-El Prat Airport and Reus Airport, which is close to Tarragona and the popular resorts of Cambrils and Salou. The region also has a train network which is well connected to the rest of Europe.
- If you want to hire a car - which we highly recommend if you’re staying on the Costa Brava and want to do more than stay in your resort - we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The Costa Brava is know for being beautiful all year round. That said spring is perfect for walking and cycling and the festivities around Easter are incredible, summer is hugely popular and the beaches and beach resorts are buzzy and beautiful, September still feels like late summer, and there are a number of fascinating festivals to see, and it’s not until October that is begins to cool down. And even in autumn and winter the Costa Brava is still sunny and there are some lovely Christmassy events.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Catalonia,
- See all of our Guru’s recommendations for the Best Costa Brava Beach Hotels,
- The Best Costa Brava Hotels for families,
- Or the Best Costa Brava Hotels for foodies?
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Costa Brava
Best Hotels in Costa Brava
Hotel Casamar Llafranc, Costa Brava 20 rooms from £39Views - Stunning views over the bay.Value chicSailing - Can be booked nearby.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Hotel Hanoi 17255 Begur 9 rooms from £57Local exploring - Located in the charming village of Begur, ideal for countryside walks and coastal explorationSights nearby - Head to the charming fishing villages along the coast and tour the Dali TriangleBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Romantic - Good for couples.
A charming village B&B offering delightful breakfasts on its pretty terrace. Expect tropical plants, chic distressed furniture and tasteful craft pieces. The elegant rooms are minimal-chic with fine wood furniture and comfy beds, the best have pretty balconies. Ideal for a relaxed getaway. See More
Hotel Es Portal Costa Brava 9 rooms from £58Foodies - This self-styled 'gastronomic hotel' renowned for its great cuisine is a great spot for foodiesSights nearby - Wander around historic Pals, a well-preserved medieval fortified town just 10 minutes awayGreat walks - Go on a hiking excursion up one of the many pretty coastal paths in the regionSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor pool
A hotel in a converted 16th-century farmhouse with rolling gardens, a pool, and a fantastic gourmet restaurant. Traditional Catalan interiors have rustic stone walls and wooden beams. Rooms feature contemporary four poster beds and simple classic furniture. A great value rural and coastal base. See More
Hotel Terramar Llafranc, Costa Brava 53 rooms from £61Views - Stunning sea views.Beach LifeTotal relaxationFamilies
El Petit Convent 17255 Begur 11 rooms from £62Local exploring - Very close to the historic centre of Begur and a short walk to sights, while lovely beaches are a short bus journey awayGreat walks - Explore the extensive coastal trails (caminos de ronda), breathtaking walks flanked by stunning landscapeRomantic - Good for couples.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
A charming hotel tucked down a cobbled street in the centre of Begur. Friendly interiors feature rustic stone walls with a mix of classic pieces and contemporary Scandi-style furniture, with pretty potted plants and artworks. Simple, fresh rooms are similarly chic. An attractive, great value base. See More
Ses Garites Girona, Costa Brava 6 rooms from £66Sights nearby - Torroella de Montgrí, Figueres, Girona and Perpignan are all less than an hours drive and offer a range of sights.Great walks - Beautiful Costa Brava beaches are within a 10 minute drive and the beaches at Pals are 20 minutes walk.Swimming Pool - Outdoor heated pool.Secluded setting - For escaping.
A spectacular 16th century fortified house, lovingly restored as a boutique country retreat. Each characterful room has its own charms, with exposed wood beams, stone arches and elegant furnishings. Perfectly located to explore the beauty of the Muntanyes de Begur Mountain Range. See More
Hotel Trias Costa Brava 82 rooms from £67Beach Life - Beside the sea and in easy driving distance of the unspoilt beaches along the coastGreat walks - Explore some of the various marked walking trails along the coastline before taking a refreshing dip in the seaSights nearby - Discover the charming streets of the historic old townSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor pool
A fine hotel on the beach promenade with a pretty pool surrounded by loungers, and two charming restaurants. Stylish interiors are furnished elegantly and feature warm tones, wooden floorboards and bold fabrics while the large minimal-chic rooms have four posters. A great pied-a-terre for families. See More
Galena mas Comangau Hotel Begur 10 rooms from £74Foodies - One of the best restaurants in the region.Value chicSights nearby - Five minutes walk from Begur town centreRomantic - Good for couples.
A lovely farmhouse conversion with a fantastic Catalan restaurant just outside the historic walls of Begur. Contemporary rooms have traditional elements - wooden beams and exposed stone walls. Excellent views from the roof top terrace, close to the beaches and excellent value for money. See More
Hotel de la Moneda Castelló d'Empúries, Costa Brava 11 rooms from £76Sights nearby - Arguably Spain's most eccentric creation, view the master's masterpieces in what is known as "The Dali Triangle"Local markets - The Sunday market La Escala is popular amongst locals and tourists alike.Great walks - Map your way through the Cap de Creus Natural Park.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
Once upon a time in Catalonia there was an 18th century townhouse. Now there lies a boutique, design hotel complete with all its historic trappings. Vaulted stone ceilings, ornate arches and furniture pieces to match. There is a pool, tennis court and spa. Sample the Costa Brava coast and culture. See More
Can Clotas Costa Brava 13 rooms from £76Active Holiday - Great for an outdoorsy holiday exploring wild natural parks and the best beaches and coves on the Costa BravaSights nearby - Visit the historic medieval town of Perelada, and go on a day trip to lively and culturally buzzy GironaSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor pool and kids' poolRomantic - Good for couples.
A charming rural hotel in a 14th-century farmhouse with a little restaurant, surrounded by rolling gardens with an outdoor pool. The traditional interiors and unfussy rooms breathe a rustic freshness, with simple decor, cool stone walls and picturesque wooden beams. Ideal for groups and families. See More
El Convent de Begur Begur (Sa Riera) 25 rooms from £77Sights nearby - Explore the charming fishing villages along the coast. Perfect for touring the Dali TriangleGreat walks - Walk the Camins de Ronda, shoreline paths which stretch the length of the Costa BravaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorTraditional
18th century convent turned four star hotel just 600m from one of Begur's best beaches. The twenty five rooms have been converted from the convent's cells and feature original tiled floors and wonderful views over the gardens to the Med. El Refectori restaurant serves modern Catalan cuisine. See More
Hostal Sa Rascassa Begur 5 rooms from £78Restaurant with rooms - The restaurant is exceptional - Sa Rascassa has been named the best hote in the world twice!Restaurant - The restaurant is renowned.Secluded setting - In a beach alcove.Hideaway - Tranquil and intimate.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Cluc Hotel Carrer del Metge Pi, 8, 17255 Begur 12 rooms from £78Sights nearby - Begur is a Romanesque fishing town with dottings of colonial houses and a castle overlooking the town.Great walks - Explore the Catalan Costa Brava by foot and find many hidden gems.Views - Great views from hotelSailing - Can be booked nearby.
Newly restored 1800s townhouse in the heart of Begur. Terraces overlook the medieval castle. Simple, comfortable rooms have access to living room and library and breakfast is worth waking up for. Begur enjoys a selection of fine restaurants and bars. Make sure you have time to explore. See More
Hotel Restaurant Aiguaclara Begur 8 rooms from £78Town - Begur is a pretty, medieval town.CharmingLocal exploringFamilyRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
L'Horta d'en Rahola Cadaques (Cadaqués) 4 rooms from £95Sights nearby - Port Lligat (the Home Museum of Dali), The Dali Theatre-Museum in Figueres and Pabol Castle make up the Dali triangle.Cooking classes - Take home some of the local cuisine by learning a few dishes in the hotel's kitchen.Local markets - The historic town of Cadaques has several markets selling local produce and foods.Restrictions on children - Children above the age of 16 are welcome.
This family run hotel, located on the Cap de Creus Peninsula and just 400 metres from the Costa Brava coast. Most rooms have seating areas inside and out and are decorated in a modern style with nautical palettes of blue and white. There is a pleasant garden and a restaurant serving local cuisine. See More
L'Hort de Sant Cebrià Torroella de Fluvià, Catalonia 5 rooms from £87Restrictions on children - Only children aged 12 and over are allowed.Sights nearby - Graeco-Roman ruins nearby, Dali triangle.Spa - In-room treatments.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Hotel Classic Begur 17255 Begur 127 rooms from £87Romantic Break - A lovely little bolthole in a traditional Catalan building popular with couples on a romantic retreatGreat walks - Explore Begur's eight beautiful coves and beaches, located at the foot of the townSights nearby - Visit Begur's atmospheric medieval castleSwimming Pool - Indoor pool
A charming hotel set in a traditional old building in the medieval town centre, with a romantic underground pool and friendly restaurant popular with locals. Simple, attractive interiors feature local stone and rooms are individually decorated, some with pretty frescoes or rustic bare walls. See More
Tramuntana Hotel Cadaques (17488 Cadaqués) 43 rooms from £88Local exploring - Situated in the old town which is ideal for exploring this buzzing seaside town and its surrounding beachesSights nearby - Visit the lovely Església de Santa María just around the corner from the propertyRestrictions on children - Adult-onlyDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
A chic boutique hotel bang in the centre of town, perfect for couples and hip travellers. A delicious breakfast is provided and there are great restaurants nearby. Interiors are minimal-chic with a mix of natural materials and quirky modern pieces, while unfussy rooms are stylish and comfortable. See More
Casa Vincke Costa Brava 9 rooms from £89Romantic Break - This gorgeous Art Deco mansion has elegant interiors and is very close to the sea, ideal for a couple's getawaySights nearby - Wander around the picturesque old town nearby and seep up its historySwimming Pool - Outdoor poolHideaway - Tranquil and intimate.
A striking white mansion set in pretty gardens complete with pool. Airy interiors feature period details such as marble fireplaces, chandeliers and ornate cornicing. The smart rooms have a contemporary elegance with chic modern furniture and original tiling. Breakfasts are a tasty treat. See More
Hotel Playa Sol Cadaques 49 rooms from £95Views - Views both over the Med and the villageBeach LifeFamiliesSwimming Pool - 17m Outdoor Pool heated until 15th Oct
Hotel Tamariu Tamariu, Costa Brava 17 rooms from £95Beach LifeValue chicOn the beach - In front of the hotel.Families
Mas Ferran Costa Brava 3 rooms from £96Romantic Break - A rural nest in a charming village and very close to Costa Brava beaches, this is an ideal spot for a romantic getawayGreat walks - There are some great hiking and cycling routes around the Pals areaSights nearby - Head to the atmospheric Montgrí CastleRestrictions on children - Children over 12 years old are allowed
A charmingly renovated village hotel with a lovely garden. Rustic interiors have been stylishly decorated with repurposed wood furniture, tasteful craft pieces and pretty rugs. The sitting room opens onto a pretty terrace and the chic rooms have comfy beds with fine linens. Ideal for couples. See More
Hostal Empuries l'Escala, Costa Brava 53 rooms from £96Spa breaks - Empuries Spa is a fabulous relaxation area with pool, steam bath, sauna, Thermal Suites, and wide range of pampering treatmentsFamilies - Family rooms.Beach LifeEco breakRecommended by - I Escape
Hotel Sant Roc Girona, Costa Brava 45 rooms from £97Kayaking - Go on a lovely sea-kayaking outing to discover the beautiful coastlineSights nearby - Wander around the pretty medieval town of PalsSailing - Can be booked nearby.Views - Great views from hotel
A gorgeous cliffside hotel with panoramic views of the sea from the restaurant terraces. Great for families, with activities galore and friendly staff. Interiors are fresh and breezy with traditional white-walls and terracotta, while smart rooms also make the most of those wonderful views. See More
Boutique Hotel Can Pico Pelacalç, Costa Brava 8 rooms from £100Views - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Archaeological site of Empúries, Sant Pere de Rodes, medieval villages of Pals and Peratallada, old town of Girona.Great walks - In nearby vineyards or olive groves.Restrictions on children - The property is adults only
Les Hamaques L'escala, Costa Brava 5 rooms from £100Sights nearby - Greco-Roman ruins of the Empúries Roman route.Minimum Stay - 4 nights high season, otherwise 2 nightsSailing - Can be booked nearby.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape
Hotel Rec de Palau Cadaques 16 rooms from £106Families - This hillside hotel is great for families with its choice of family suites and apartments, playground and babysitting serviceSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolSailing - Can be booked nearby.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Hillside villa hotel with suites and apartments ideal for families and groups, with terrace pools and a lovely garden. The style fuses traditional and modern elements, with antiques, ornate paintings and classic furniture, while bright rooms with sea views are minimal-chic. A charming coastal base. See More
Hotel sa Calma Begur 12 rooms from £108Local exploring - Just 15 minutes from Fornells Beach and steps from Begur's main square.Sailing - The hotel will help organise a day's sailing.Romantic - Good for couples.Traditional
An elegant hotel in an excellent central location in Begur. Pretty rooms with feature wall paper, muslin cloth draped beds and roll top baths. A roof top offers a pool and lovely town views. Walking distance from Begur's sights and within easy access of the sea. A chic spot. See More
Casa Peya Palafrugell, Costa Brava 9 rooms from £112Local exploring - Located in the center of Palafrugell and in the heart of Emporda, ideal for exploring the region.Great walks - Stroll through the picturesque botanical gardens of Cap Roig.Diving - Scuba diving expeditions set out from nearby Llafranc.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
An elegant adult only property set in the heart of Palafrugell. Light and airy rooms feature pale wooden floors, luxurious contemporary bathrooms, floor to ceiling windows and soft grey hues. There's a small courtyard pool ideal for unwinding after a day spent exploring the region. See More
Sant Pere del Bosc Hotel and Spa Lloret de Mar, Costa Brava 19 rooms from £115Total relaxation - A spoiling spa offers a number of treatments and top of the range facilties.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Sanctuary of Sant Pere del Bosc.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.SpaRecommended by - Tablet
An elegant hotel and former monastery in the heart of Costa Brava. Rooms are individually styled but all are light and spacious and mix contemporary and modern design. Boasting a spoiling spa and restaurant serving dishes of the region. A luxurious stay just fifteen minutes drive from the beach. See More
Rectoria de Regencos Begur (Regencós) 3 rooms from £121Sights nearby - Complete the 'Dali Triangle' including a museum in Figueres, the castle in Púbol, Dali’s houseLocal markets - Take home some treasure from the antique shops and markets at La Bisbal.Surfing - Pals beach is great for surfers.Full of characterRecommended by - I Escape
Hidden away in a medieval village, from the outside this aged sandstone property with its pretty garden is all rural Catalonia. Inside there is a more modern approach. Rooms are light filled, decorated in pale palettes. Prices include breakfast & you're just 10 mins from some great beaches. See More
Hotel del Teatre Begur 7 rooms from £121Outstanding location - Located in the 'Golden Triangle' - Mediterranean landscapes and scenery and sandy beaches of the Costa Brava.Restaurant - The Theatre Restaurant is a main attraction.Exclusive use - Available for exclusive use.FarmhouseRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Two medieval Catalan farmhouses renovated with romance in mind. Gaze over the Mediterranean landscape, swim in the nearby beaches of the Costa Brava, or simply hibernate in the luxury of the hotel - in the gourmet Theatre restaurant, in the sleek interiors, or at the swimming pool. See More
Hotel Mas Pastora Costa Brava 16 rooms from £122Beach Life - Just 5 minutes' walk from the sea promenade and an easy drive to beautiful beaches, a great spot for relaxed seaside breaksSights nearby - Head to the promontory of Cap de Sant Sebastià for some magical views and visit the Roman ruinsGreat walks - Wander through the beautiful botanic gardensSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor pool
A hotel in a fine 18th-century farmhouse with a large garden and saltwater pool. The classically furnished reception areas in the old house are elegantly rustic, with tasteful craft pieces and Kilim rugs, while the chic, fresh rooms in the stylish modern wing are light and airy. A real treat! See More
Hotel Blau Mar Llafranc, Costa Brava 17 rooms from £149Views - Stunning bay views.Value chicSights nearby - Half an hour from Girona and an hour's drive from the Dali MuseumSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Hotel Aigua Blava Begur (Fornells) 85 rooms from £131Views - Views over the bays of Fornells and AiguablavaBeach LifeFamiliesGroups
Excellently equipped seaside hotel right on the beach. Rooms, suites and apartments all in neutral tones with private balconies cater to families, groups and couples. Excellent restaurant, salt water pool, tennis courts, and watersports. A great choice for a beach holiday with everything on site. See More
Mas Rosello Costa Brava 7 rooms from £131Country Escape - An idyllic rural hotel close to the coast, ideal for summer escapes and beach excursions as well as fireside winter hideawaysSights nearby - Nearby, visit the medieval villages of Pals and Peratallada, the citadel of Roses and the Greek and Roman ruins of EmpúriesSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor poolRestrictions on children - Adult only
A lovingly restored 18th-century farmhouse with a tranquil garden and pool. Friendly, traditional interiors feature fine furniture, cosy sofas and tasteful pieces, while the simple rooms are unfussy yet elegant, with pretty wallhangings or artisnal rugs. An ideal base for a cosy couple's weekend. See More
Mas Vivent Costa Brava 8 rooms from £133Country Escape - On the edge of a quiet village great for country walks and rural relaxation, and within easy distance of the gorgeous coastlineGreat walks - Explore the Emporadá region by bike or foot following one of the many marked trailsSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolSailing - Can be booked nearby.
An idyllic hotel in a converted farmhouse overlooking cork and pine forests, with a fantastic restaurant. Rustic-chic interiors are unfussy and feature bare stone walls, clean lines and pine finishes, while stylish rooms are elegant with tasteful scandi-style decor. A quiet, romantic base. See More
Hotel Vistabella Province of Girona, Costa Brava 29 rooms from £139Local exploring - Explore the wider Costa Brava from its hidden beaches to the Dali Museum to ancient ruinsSights nearby - Serra de les Alberes is a stunning area to explore Romanesque churches.Sailing - Rent a boat and explore the seas sailing or relax on a Catamaran tour.Local markets - Local markets give a great sense of local life in the Costa Brava.
Magical luxury hotel overlooking the Bay of Roses - with crystal sea views it's a perfect romantic hideaway. Stylish rooms with a nautical vibe echo the Mediterranean, and most have terraces overlooking the sea. Four restaurants, panoramic bar, indoor pool & spa. Spoiling luxury by the sea! See More
Casa Granados Province of Girona, Costa Brava 9 rooms from £139Local exploring - Situated in the heart of Tossa de Mar, Casa Granados is perfectly situated for both beaches and culture.Local markets - Local markets are a great way to catch Catalan life in fully swing.Sights nearby - Tossa de Mar Castle is only 150 metres from the front door.Spa - Spa area offering a range of facial and body treatments
200 yr old mansion in the heart of Tossa de Mar with well-maintained historic features. Elegant rooms showcase the original exposed brick walls and feature parquet floors, rich fabrics and modern artworks. Delicious tapas or Mediterranean cuisine in the courtyard restaurant and a pool! See More
Hotel Cala del Pi Girona, Costa Brava 49 rooms from £145Beach Life - This luxury cliffside hotel has easy beach access ideal for an easy seaside holidayGreat walks - Explore the Costa Brava's incredible hiking paths and trails, very popular amongst walking enthusiastsSights nearby - Visit picturesque coastal towns such as Cadaqués and Calella de PalafrugellSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor pool, indoor pool and kids' pool
A luxury cliffside hotel with amazing sea views and lovely terraces with loungers. The three pools and spa are a real treat and the restaurants are splendid. Expect Catalan inspired decor with modern flourishes and tasteful furniture, while elegant rooms are traditional yet stylish. A real gem! See More
Can Casi Province of Girona, Costa Brava 5 rooms from £148Cooking classes - Eco-cook workshop avaliable at Can Casi - using produce from their very own garden.Local markets - Head to the local markets to get into full swing of Catalan life.Kayaking - River or sea - rent a kayak and soak up the scenery.Swimming Pool - Outdoor salt water pool
Explore this 1704 boutique in Regencós, the heart of the Golden Triangle of Baix Empordà. Adult-only retreat in rural surroundings is home away from home with kitchen gardens, lounging areas in the garden and a pool to spend your days. Contemporary meets classic decor in the rooms. A fantastic find! See More
Cap Sa Sal Begur 10 rooms from £152Beach Life - The perfect beach getaway, with fantastic views of the bay, yummy seafood and just a short stroll to the nearest beach!Total relaxation - Make the most out of your tranquil surroundings to truly unwind. Sip wine on your balcony or take a dip in the pool!Diving - Head off cliff diving for an adrenaline-filled time!Views - Great views from hotel
Cap Sa Sal enjoys a clifftop location on Begur's Costa Brava. With both rooms and apartments furnished in a classically Mediterranean manner boasting spectacular ocean views. Burn off the wonderful home-cooked food by hiking around the cliffs or swimming in the sea! Utterly peaceful. See More
Hotel El Far Palafrugell, Costa Brava 9 rooms from £161Views - Spectacular views out to sea and down to the beaches belowRomantic BreakSights nearby - Ruins of Ampurias, medieval villages of Pals and PeratalladaRomantic - Good for couples.
Hotel Mas Lazuli Girona, Costa Brava 16 rooms from £165Kayaking - Available nearby - can be organised through hotelGreat walks - Serra de Rodes forest areaSights nearby - Dalí Museum in FigueresRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet, I Escape
Originally an 11th century convent, now a country house hotel with elegant outdoor pool and tropical garden. Bedrooms are cool and contemporary with open plan bathroom and private sitting room. All enjoy glorious views of either olive groves or the Bay of Rosas. A romantic spot close to the coast. See More
Arrels Hotel Cadaques 14 rooms from £165Country Escape - A tranquil hill-side spot ideal for simply unwinding or getting out and enjoying the countryside.Great walks - Take long walks, starting straight from the property, through the picturesque countryside.Sights nearby - Visit the Església de Santa María, a 16th century hill-top church.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Set in the hills above the pretty coastal town of Cadaqués this adult-only property offers a secluded and scenic spot. Rooms feature white washed walls, wooden floors and beamed ceilings (the best have private terraces). Fabulous breakfasts are served and there's a pool with glorious views. See More
Mas Falgarona Costa Brava 13 rooms from £169Local exploring - Ideally situated for exploring the best of the Costa Brava from its culture to the gorgeous beaches.Sights nearby - Absorb some Grecian culture at Sant Pere de Rodes monastery or the old Greek city of Ampurias.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.
17th Century farmhouse turned boutique hotel in a serene, intimate setting. Thick stone walls and exposed beams maintain its old Catalan beauty, and are stylishly complemented with modern decor. The kitchen garden provides fresh produce for the restaurant. Ideal for poolside relaxation or exploring. See More
Hotel Moli del Mig Girona, Costa Brava 32 rooms from £174Local exploring - Ideally located for exploring the Costa Brava, with its many beautiful beaches and cultural attractionsHideaway - Set in beautiful rural location, the property is ideal for those who like to be off the beaten track.Local markets - Head to down to Torroella de Montgri on a Monday morning and you will see the market in full swing.Sights nearby - Torroella de Montgrí is a cultural centre and if you love ceramics visit La Bisbal d' Emporda.
15th Century mill turned idyllic spa hotel set in manicured gardens with pool, a stone's throw from the Med. Avant-garde architectural design effortlessly combines the modern with the traditional and huge windows in the contemporary rooms allow wonderful vistas. Ideal for both beach & inland. See More
Hotel Peralada 17491 Peralada, Girona, Costa Brava 62 rooms from £178Golf - Do a round of golf and book in some lessons on the wonderful golf course surrounding the hotelCountry Escape - Stylish hotel on an idyllic wine estate with great views, near beaches and cultural sightsSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor pool and indoor poolDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
An elegant hotel and golf course surrounded by vineyards, featuring an indulgent spa and pools, ideal for a sophisticated break. Interiors and rooms are very chic and fresh, with pale stone and marble, natural tones and tasteful modern artworks. The quality cuisine and wine are a real highlight. See More
La Malcontenta Palamos, Costa Brava 14 rooms from £182Romantic Break - Four poster beds in rooms looking out across unspoilt countryside; couples massages and lovely poolGreat walks - Along Castell Beach, the only virgin beach of the Costa BravaLocal markets - Medieval market in CalongeSights nearby - Old part of Girona nearby
Hotel Villa Gala Cadaques (17488 Cadaqués) 14 rooms from £197Local exploring - Great for enjoying Cadaques and its famous beaches, as well as top cultural sights and pretty medieval towns in the areaLocal markets - Head to the Sunday market at La Escala, popular amongst both locals and touristsSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor poolDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
A fresh, contemporary boutique hotel in the pretty centre of Cadaqués. Elegant interiors are simple with accents of sea-blue in the decor and artworks, while bright rooms are chic and refreshing. The lovely terrace and pool is a haven of relaxation, and the fine dining restaurant is a highlight. See More
Mas de Torrent Torrent, Costa Brava 39 rooms from £2455* Luxury - Very high service standards.Spa breaksFoodiesKids Club - Nursery and childrens entertainment programmes during the summer seasonRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Mas Tapiolas Suites Natura Girona, Costa Brava 13 rooms from £230Local exploring - Ideally located for exploring the best of the Costa Brava from its beaches to the Dali TriangleSights nearby - Head to Calella to capture the essence of an old Catalan fishing village. Visit Dali's house or go on the Dali Trail.Local markets - Weekly markets are a great way to see the local produce and get a real taste of the area.Great walks - By foot or bike explore Lake Banyoles and the visit Neolithic sites there.
A rural, intimate retreat nestled away in manicured gardens with pools and spa and gorgeous mountain views. Modern, independent rooms with gardens offer privacy yet the proximity of a restaurant, bar, pitch and putt. Relax in the salt cabin, or explore the local area. Truly something for everyone. See More
Miramar Rooms Girona, Costa Brava 5 rooms from £260Sights nearby - Visit the various sights in the charming town or, in the hills, wander around the Benedictine monastery of St. Pere de RodesViews - Great views from hotelBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.
A lovely little hotel whose fine-dining restaurant is the real focus. The pretty terrace offers great views of the Mediterranean and the smart rooms are cosy and sophisticated, with quirky and simple designer pieces, comfy beds and fine linen. An idyllic base, great for slow and relaxed holidays. See More
Hostal de La Gavina Girona, Costa Brava 74 rooms from £278Views - Great views from hotelBeach Life5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Romantic BreakRecommended by - Tablet
Calma Blanca Cadaques (17488 Cadaqués) 7 rooms from £311Local exploring - Ideally located to explore lively Cadaques, nearby attractions such as the Dalí Triangle, and the unspoilt beaches nearbyGreat walks - Check out the many stunning coastal trailsSwimming Pool - Year-round outdoor poolViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Great Small Hotels