Search the best hotels in Costa Brava
About Costa Brava
The 'wild coast', as it's translated, is well known for pockets of hyper-development. Clusters of concrete high-rises overlooking beautiful stretches of sand. But the rugged, dramatic nature of this coastline protects it from becoming overdeveloped. Many of its most beautiful, pink tinged coves and wind-buffeted cliffs challenge developers and the gorgeous stretches of seascape retain a natural wildness. And many of these off the beaten track spots play host to the best places to stay on the Costa Brava.
Some of our Costa Brava collections:
- The Best Costa Brava Beach Hotels
- Best rural hotels on the Costa Brava
- Best Costa Brava Hotels with pools
- Best Costa Brava Hotels for families
- Best Costa Brava Hotels for foodies
What not to Miss
- Begur. is a sleepy little town just an hour north of Barcelona where you'll find gorgeous beaches and coves, excellent restaurants and not a high-rise is sight.
- Cadaques is another of our favourite spots. The beaches might not be sandy, but the seas are sparkling blue, you're in the heart of Dali country and the views are simply beautiful.
- The interior has its own wildness to explore. Bare and orange coloured in the north near the French border, the countryside is dotted with old stone villages.
There are plenty of pretty hill towns to choose from, if you're interested in doing some day tripping, some of the prettiest include:
- Pals, which was destroyed during the civil war and has been lovingly restored by a local doctor,
- Peratallada, a beautiful, walled medieval village,
- Whitewashed Cadaques, which occupies a magical spot overlooking both the mountains and the Mediterranean.
- Palafrugell is one of the region's larger towns and has traditional nightlife. This market town's main square holds crazy dances which seem to be fun for young and old.
- This is Salvador Dali country, and as well as appreciating his landscape, you can also appreciate his life and art the three excellent museums.
- But it's not just Dali here, there is other art and history to explore. The Costa Brava has some of Europe's most important Greek, Roman and Iberian archaeological sites.
- As well as the wild places, the Costa Brava also has its share of Blue Flag beaches. There is quite a selection from broad stretches of sand perfect for bucket and spade breaks, to secluded coves you can only reach by sea.
- The Cami de Ronda is a well maintained walking path running the whole length of the Costa Brava.
- If you're looking for the big resorts then head to Lloret de Mar and Tossa de Mar. If you head north from these resorts you'll find quieter resorts and old fishing villages in which you'll find the Hotel Guru's recommendations.
- If you're here for the diving the best places are around the tiny islets of Illes Medes, where theres a wonderful diversity of sea life to meet.
Our pick of the best places to stay in the Costa Brava offers a wide range with something for all tastes and budgets.
The Best Places to Stay on the Costa Brava
The Best Places to stay on the Costa Brava For a Beach Break
- Stay at Hotel Aigua Blava overlooking the bays of Fornells and Aiguablava and there’s no need to go anywhere. Everything is on site - from watersports and tennis to a kids’ club and outdoor pool. Rooms are large and contemporary-Catalan in style.
- Sprawling above the beach at the Bay of Roses, Hotel Vistabella has just 29 luxurious rooms and suites - think sleek greys and creams, marble or polished-wood floors, large balconies. With watersports, four restaurants, a spa, and close proximity to eight golf courses and Dali Museums it’s perfect for both romantics and the more active.
- Overlooking the Bay of Cadaqués, on the northern stretch of the Costa Brava, Hotel Playa Sol has large and airy rooms with splashes of bright colours. Most have balconies, plus there are four-person apartments so great for families.
- Perched above a small, sandy beach, family-run Hotel Tamariu has bright, nautically themed rooms. Relaxed and low-key it has a restaurant offering Catalan specialities and ready access to plenty of watersports.
- In the north, on an unspoilt curve of beach near L’Escala, family-friendly Hostal Empuries offers cool, modern rooms and terrific eco credentials. It also has a sleek spa and choice of two restaurants.
The Most Romantic Places to Stay on the Costa Brava
- Les Hamaques actually cheats a little; it is in a rural setting and close to the beach of the lovely Santa Marti d’Empuriés (the Greco-Roman ruins of Empuriés are nearby, too). It’s small - just five rooms - and very private, surrounded by pretty gardens. The white-on-white rooms are chic yet simple with a mix of vintage and contemporary furnishings, private terraces and hammocks. Evening meals are by request.
- Another intimate hotel - again just five rooms - is Can Casi, an 18th-century villa in the much sought-after area of Baix Empordà. Eclectically furnished rooms where bright pops of colour mix with vintage chandeliers, exposed stone walls with perhaps a Vespa scooter. There are large private balconies and bathtubs for two. It’s adults-only, too!
- And yet another five-room hotel (no children under 12) is L’Hort de Sant Cebria, a lovely Catalan country house with vine-covered stone walls, elegantly furnished rooms and a pretty scented garden with fountains and quiet corners. Excellent value, too. Evening meals are by arrangement.
The Best Places to stay on the Costa Brava for Families
- For all-round luxury and children’s entertainment, it’s hard to beat the A-listers’ favourite, Mas de Torrent. A Relais & Chateaux property, this country-house hotel near hilltop Begur offers a summer programme of children’s entertainment. Families are directed to the 20 garden suites with private garden access and a chic contemporary style.
- On an unspoilt beach near L’Escala in the northern part of Costa Brava, Hostal Empuries has large family rooms in contemporary style, plus on-site activities that include paddleboards, boats and bicycles to hire, plus a weekend kids’ club. The beach is very safe plus the hotel is close to waterparks.
The Best Places to stay on the Costa Brava for Rural Peace
- For a real rural retreat, Mas Falgarona is a 17th-century farmhouse with not another building in sight. Rooms are large, light and simple retaining the original thick stone walls and raftered ceilings. There’s a small pool, a shady garden and an organic kitchen garden providing much of the produce for the restaurant. A real ‘switch-off and recharge’ sort of place.
- At Boutique Hotel Can Pico, you can roll out of bed into the vineyards; this converted farmhouse has vines as well as olive groves. Rooms are surprisingly crisp and modern with bold modern art. There’s a pool in the garden for daytime laziness and a well-stocked cellar for evening wine-tasting.
- With views of either olive groves or the lovely Bay of Roses, Hotel Mas Lazuli is an 11th-century convent turned into a swish country-house hotel. Rooms are super-stylish with polished wood floors, white-painted rafters and chic furnishings. There’s a very cool terrace restaurant plus large pool set in the tropical gardens.
- Very much off-the-beaten-track, Hotel Moli del Mig is a former 15th-century mill that has been turned into a designer spa hotel. Everything is sleek, light and airy, with pale polished floors and huge windows making the most of the gardens and surrounding countryside. There’s plenty to do for the active - kayaking, riding, cycling - or just chill out in the spa or around the elegant pool.
The Best Places to Stay in Begur
An hour north of Barcelona is Begur: the charming little town where Barcelonians in the know have their holiday homes. Begur's pace is slow. People come here to relax, enjoy themselves, play some golf, swim in the sea, take selfish strolls in the countryside, eat delicious food in perfect beach-side setting accompanied by excellent wines. That sort of thing.
- The Hotel Restaurant Aigualclara, with an excellent, reasonably priced restaurant and super central location is perfect for families. With only eight rooms it's a relatively private setting for your family holiday. With kid's activities on site, it couldn't be easier. Starting from less than £60 per night, this is also a good spot for travellers seeking a bargain.
The Best Places to Stay in Girona
- With only five bedrooms, the Casa Migdia guesthouse is one for families and groups who prefer to be further inland. The owners have children themselves and Papa Sebastien used to run a Thai-French restaurant in Paris. With rooms starting from only £63 a night, it's also ideal if you're on a budget.
The Best Places to stay on Dali's Costa Brava
- If you're looking for a hotel in which to hibernate, the Hotel del Teatre, Pubol, is one of the best. Its other great appeal is the onsite theatre restaurant.
- L'Hort de Sant Cebria is within the 'Dali triangle', between the region's three major museums and galleries. This is our recommendation if you're looking for a country house hotel type experience with a Catalan twist.
The Best Places to stay on the Costa Brava for Foodies
Being part of Catalonia, which has one of the highest concentration of Michelin starred chefs in Spain, the Costa Brava has much to offer foodies.
- In the midst of the Empordà’s wine-growing region you can expect excellent wines - and wine-tasting opportunities - at the Mas de Torrent. You can also expect top-notch Catalan dining in the hotel’s excellent, if formal, restaurant. Choose either a contemporary or classical style room - all are large and elegant - and don’t be surprised to see a few well-known celebrities.
- Expect five-star everything at the Hostal de la Gavina, which offers hospitality with wonderful, old-world charm (Ava Gardner and Salvador Dali are former guests). On a high, rocky promontory overlooking the beaches near S’Agaró, inside it’s all cool marbles, antiques and comfortable tradition. Meals are leisurely affairs - plenty of fresh seafood - beautifully served in the white-vaulted dining room.
- Named one of the best hotels in the world, twice, and probably because of its restaurant, Hostal Sa Rascassa is probably the best place for foodies. The five rooms are simple and fresh, as is the restaurant's decor. It is right on the beach, so as well as spectacular food, this hotel is the one to book if you want spectacular views pretty much all to yourself.
- For something truly special reserve a room at the Castell d'Emporda. Sleep in a wonderful castle, surrounded by vineyards, herb gardens, a wonderful glass fronted restaurant and perfect pool. This luxurious historic home has been updated to tick the boxes modern day luxury requires, making it one of the most luxurious properties on our list.
- The converted farmhouse, Galena Mas Comangau Hotel, just outside the ramparts of hill-top Begur, offers a contemporary take on Catalan and Mediterranean dishes in an atmospheric, exposed-stone and raftered dining room. It is cosy and intimate with just 10 bedrooms which set simple modern furnishings against the original fabric of the farmhouse. Terrific views from the rooftop terrace, too.
- Hotel Vistabella is aptly named. From a cliff-top position, it overlooks the Bay of Roses in the northern part of the Costa Brava. Make sure you book a room with a terrace; chances are you won’t move. Kick off dinner with a drink in the panoramic bar, then choose from one of the four on-site restaurants.
The Best Value Places to stay on the Costa Brava
- With 20 simple, white-on-white rooms, Hotel Casamar overlooking Llafranc Bay, is terrific value for a holiday where you want to hop from room to beach and back again with minimum effort. All rooms have balconies, plus there’s a breezy restaurant and local watersports.
- Nearby Hotel Terramar, with the same matchless location, is slightly larger with unfussy, contemporary rooms. Opt for a sea-view with balcony. Family-run, the excellent value fish restaurant has a lovely dining terrace.
- Eco-friendly Hostal Empuries, in the more rugged northern stretch of coastline, offers two highly rated restaurants. A mix of contemporary and traditional, many of the 53 rooms look directly across the bay.
Prefer an Apartment or Villa?
If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- There are three airports serving the Costa Brava with international connections, Girona-Costa-Brava Airport, Barcelona-El Prat Airport and Reus Airport, which is close to Tarragona and the popular resorts of Cambrils and Salou. The region also has a train network which is well connected to the rest of Europe.
- If you want to hire a car - which we highly recommend if you’re staying on the Costa Brava and want to do more than stay in your resort - we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The Costa Brava is know for being beautiful all year round. That said spring is perfect for walking and cycling and the festivities around Easter are incredible, summer is hugely popular and the beaches and beach resorts are buzzy and beautiful, September still feels like late summer, and there are a number of fascinating festivals to see, and it’s not until October that is begins to cool down. And even in autumn and winter the Costa Brava is still sunny and there are some lovely Christmassy events.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Costa Brava
Hotel Casamar 20 rooms from £39Llafranc, Costa Brava
A small charming hotel with stunning views over the bay. Sunny rooms have parquet floors, creamy furnishings and private balconies. Lovely restaurant and terrace overlooking the sea. A great value spot for a beach holiday.Views - Stunning views over the bay.Value chicSailing - Can be booked nearby.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Hotel Hanoi 9 rooms from £5817255 Begur
A charming village B&B offering delightful breakfasts on its pretty terrace. Expect tropical plants, chic distressed furniture and tasteful craft pieces. The elegant rooms are minimal-chic with fine wood furniture and comfy beds, the best have pretty balconies. Ideal for a relaxed getaway.Local exploring - Located in the charming village of Begur, ideal for countryside walks and coastal explorationSights nearby - Head to the charming fishing villages along the coast and tour the Dali TriangleBack to NatureViews - Great views from hotel
Hotel Es Portal 9 rooms from £59Costa Brava
A hotel in a converted 16th-century farmhouse with rolling gardens, a pool, and a fantastic gourmet restaurant. Traditional Catalan interiors have rustic stone walls and wooden beams. Rooms feature contemporary four poster beds and simple classic furniture. A great value rural and coastal base.Foodies - This self-styled 'gastronomic hotel' renowned for its great cuisine is a great spot for foodiesSights nearby - Wander around historic Pals, a well-preserved medieval fortified town just 10 minutes awayGreat walks - Go on a hiking excursion up one of the many pretty coastal paths in the regionSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor pool
Hotel Terramar 53 rooms from £61Llafranc, Costa Brava
A simple hotel with contemporary rooms minutes from the beach with stunning sea views. Excellent fish restaurant, family friendly, and great value for money. An ideal choice for a beach holiday and walking distance from bars and restaurants.Views - Stunning sea views.FamiliesBeach LifeTotal relaxation
El Petit Convent 11 rooms from £6317255 Begur
A charming hotel tucked down a cobbled street in the centre of Begur. Friendly interiors feature rustic stone walls with a mix of classic pieces and contemporary Scandi-style furniture, with pretty potted plants and artworks. Simple, fresh rooms are similarly chic. An attractive, great value base.Local exploring - Very close to the historic centre of Begur and a short walk to sights, while lovely beaches are a short bus journey awayGreat walks - Explore the extensive coastal trails (caminos de ronda), breathtaking walks flanked by stunning landscapeRomantic - Good for couples.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
Ses Garites 6 rooms from £67Girona, Costa Brava
A spectacular 16th century fortified house, lovingly restored as a boutique country retreat. Each characterful room has its own charms, with exposed wood beams, stone arches and elegant furnishings. Perfectly located to explore the beauty of the Muntanyes de Begur Mountain Range.Sights nearby - Torroella de Montgrí, Figueres, Girona and Perpignan are all less than an hours drive and offer a range of sights.Great walks - Beautiful Costa Brava beaches are within a 10 minute drive and the beaches at Pals are 20 minutes walk.Swimming Pool - Outdoor heated pool.Remote - Off the beaten track.
Hotel Trias 82 rooms from £68Costa Brava
A fine hotel on the beach promenade with a pretty pool surrounded by loungers, and two charming restaurants. Stylish interiors are furnished elegantly and feature warm tones, wooden floorboards and bold fabrics while the large minimal-chic rooms have four posters. A great pied-a-terre for families.Beach Life - Beside the sea and in easy driving distance of the unspoilt beaches along the coastGreat walks - Explore some of the various marked walking trails along the coastline before taking a refreshing dip in the seaSights nearby - Discover the charming streets of the historic old townSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor pool
Galena mas Comangau Hotel 10 rooms from £75Begur
A lovely farmhouse conversion with a fantastic Catalan restaurant just outside the historic walls of Begur. Contemporary rooms have traditional elements - wooden beams and exposed stone walls. Excellent views from the roof top terrace, close to the beaches and excellent value for money.Foodies - One of the best restaurants in the region.Value chicSights nearby - Five minutes walk from Begur city centreRomantic - Good for couples.
Hotel de la Moneda 11 rooms from £77Castelló d'Empúries, Costa Brava
Once upon a time in Catalonia there was an 18th century townhouse. Now there lies a boutique, design hotel complete with all its historic trappings. Vaulted stone ceilings, ornate arches and furniture pieces to match. There is a pool, tennis court and spa. Sample the Costa Brava coast and culture.Sights nearby - Arguably Spain's most eccentric creation, view the master's masterpieces in what is known as "The Dali Triangle"Local markets - The Sunday market La Escala is popular amongst locals and tourists alike.Great walks - Map your way through the Cap de Creus Natural Park.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
Can Clotas 13 rooms from £77Costa Brava
A charming rural hotel in a 14th-century farmhouse with a little restaurant, surrounded by rolling gardens with an outdoor pool. The traditional interiors and unfussy rooms breathe a rustic freshness, with simple decor, cool stone walls and picturesque wooden beams. Ideal for groups and families.Active Holiday - Great for an outdoorsy holiday exploring wild natural parks and the best beaches and coves on the Costa BravaSights nearby - Visit the historic medieval town of Perelada, and go on a day trip to lively and culturally buzzy GironaSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor pool and kids' poolFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.
El Convent de Begur 25 rooms from £78Begur (Sa Riera)
18th century convent turned four star hotel just 600m from one of Begur's best beaches. The twenty five rooms have been converted from the convent's cells and feature original tiled floors and wonderful views over the gardens to the Med. El Refectori restaurant serves modern Catalan cuisine.Sights nearby - Explore the charming fishing villages along the coast. Perfect for touring the Dali TriangleGreat walks - Walk the Camins de Ronda, shoreline paths which stretch the length of the Costa BravaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorSailing - Can be booked nearby.
Hostal Sa Rascassa 5 rooms from £79Begur
This restaurant with rooms has been named best hotel in the world, twice - by virtue perhaps of the restaurant. The rooms are fresh and simple. The views from the restaurant and the food itself are tantalising. Great for foodies, or a romantic break by the sea.Restaurant with rooms - The restaurant is exceptional - Sa Rascassa has been named the best hote in the world twice!Restaurant - The restaurant is renowned.Secluded setting - In a beach alcove.Country EscapeRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Cluc Hotel 12 rooms from £79Carrer del Metge Pi, 8, 17255 Begur
Newly restored 1800s townhouse in the heart of Begur. Terraces overlook the medieval castle. Simple, comfortable rooms have access to living room and library and breakfast is worth waking up for. Begur enjoys a selection of fine restaurants and bars. Make sure you have time to explore.Sights nearby - Begur is a Romanesque fishing town with dottings of colonial houses and a castle overlooking the town.Great walks - Explore the Catalan Costa Brava by foot and find many hidden gems.Views - Great views from hotelFull of character
Hotel Restaurant Aiguaclara 8 rooms from £79Begur
This mansion in medieval Begur is the perfect place for families. Surrounded by historic sites, with beautiful beaches nearby, and delicious Catalan food at the hotel's restaurant and around. Exquisitely decorated in boho-chic style.Town - Begur is a pretty, medieval town.RuralFamilyValue chicRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
L'Horta d'en Rahola 4 rooms from £95Cadaques (Cadaqués)
This family run hotel, located on the Cap de Creus Peninsula and just 400 metres from the Costa Brava coast. Most rooms have seating areas inside and out and are decorated in a modern style with nautical palettes of blue and white. There is a pleasant garden and a restaurant serving local cuisine.Sights nearby - Port Lligat (the Home Museum of Dali), The Dali Theatre-Museum in Figueres and Pabol Castle make up the Dali triangle.Cooking classes - Take home some of the local cuisine by learning a few dishes in the hotel's kitchen.Local markets - The historic town of Cadaques has several markets selling local produce and foods.Restrictions on children - Children above the age of 16 are welcome.
L'Hort de Sant Cebrià 5 rooms from £88Torroella de Fluvià, Catalonia
This beautiful Catalan country house is the epitome of romance. Sandstone walls covered in sprawling vines, balconies overlooking gardens of herbs and roses, fountains, and a shaded terrace. A Provencal-esque hideaway for honeymooners perhaps.Restrictions on children - Only children aged 12 and over are allowed.Sights nearby - Graeco-Roman ruins nearby, Dali triangle.Spa - In-room treatments.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Hotel Classic Begur 127 rooms from £8817255 Begur
A charming hotel set in a traditional old building in the medieval town centre, with a romantic underground pool and friendly restaurant popular with locals. Simple, attractive interiors feature local stone and rooms are individually decorated, some with pretty frescoes or rustic bare walls.Romantic Break - A lovely little bolthole in a traditional Catalan building popular with couples on a romantic retreatGreat walks - Explore Begur's eight beautiful coves and beaches, located at the foot of the townSights nearby - Visit Begur's atmospheric medieval castleSwimming Pool - Indoor pool
Tramuntana Hotel 43 rooms from £89Cadaques (17488 Cadaqués)
A chic boutique hotel bang in the centre of town, perfect for couples and hip travellers. A delicious breakfast is provided and there are great restaurants nearby. Interiors are minimal-chic with a mix of natural materials and quirky modern pieces, while unfussy rooms are stylish and comfortable.Local exploring - Situated in the old town which is ideal for exploring this buzzing seaside town and its surrounding beachesSights nearby - Visit the lovely Església de Santa María just around the corner from the propertyRestrictions on children - Adult-onlyDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
Casa Vincke 9 rooms from £89Costa Brava
A striking white mansion set in pretty gardens complete with pool. Airy interiors feature period details such as marble fireplaces, chandeliers and ornate cornicing. The smart rooms have a contemporary elegance with chic modern furniture and original tiling. Breakfasts are a tasty treat.Romantic Break - This gorgeous Art Deco mansion has elegant interiors and is very close to the sea, ideal for a couple's getawaySights nearby - Wander around the picturesque old town nearby and seep up its historySwimming Pool - Outdoor poolDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
Hotel Playa Sol 49 rooms from £96Cadaques
A lovely seaside hotel in the bay of Cadaques. Smart nautical rooms and apartments with lots of natural light, white washed walls and private balconies. Good restaurant, stunning views, excellent value. An ideal beach holiday for families, friends, and couples.Views - Views both over the Med and the villageGroups - Apartments sleep 4 persons.FamiliesBeach Life
Hotel Tamariu 17 rooms from £96Tamariu, Costa Brava
Fantastic sea front hotel with crisp nautical themed rooms and an excellent fish restaurant. Excellent value and perfectly positioned for a beach holiday. Low key, family friendly, and lots of activities around.On the beach - In front of the hotel.Beach LifeValue chicFamilies
Mas Ferran 3 rooms from £97Costa Brava
A charmingly renovated village hotel with a lovely garden. Rustic interiors have been stylishly decorated with repurposed wood furniture, tasteful craft pieces and pretty rugs. The sitting room opens onto a pretty terrace and the chic rooms have comfy beds with fine linens. Ideal for couples.Romantic Break - A rural nest in a charming village and very close to Costa Brava beaches, this is an ideal spot for a romantic getawayGreat walks - There are some great hiking and cycling routes around the Pals areaSights nearby - Head to the atmospheric Montgrí CastleRestrictions on children - Children over 12 years old are allowed
Hostal Empuries 53 rooms from £97l'Escala, Costa Brava
One of Europe's most eco friendly resorts. Original Greco Roman ruins meet sleek modern design. Various rooms suit families, couples and groups. Two excellent restaurants, top notch spa, and plenty to do on the beach and around.Families - Family rooms.Eco breakBeach LifeSpa breaksRecommended by - I Escape
Hotel Sant Roc 45 rooms from £98Girona, Costa Brava
A gorgeous cliffside hotel with panoramic views of the sea from the restaurant terraces. Great for families, with activities galore and friendly staff. Interiors are fresh and breezy with traditional white-walls and terracotta, while smart rooms also make the most of those wonderful views.Kayaking - Go on a lovely sea-kayaking outing to discover the beautiful coastlineSights nearby - Wander around the pretty medieval town of PalsSailing - Can be booked nearby.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Boutique Hotel Can Pico 8 rooms from £101Pelacalç, Costa Brava
A traditional farmhouse with fresh contemporary interiors. A charming hotel with its own vineyards and wine tasting, verdant gardens, swimming pool, and very close to the beach. Rooms and suites are light and airy with white washed walls and splashes of modern art.Views - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Archaeological site of Empúries, Sant Pere de Rodes, medieval villages of Pals and Peratallada, old town of Girona.Great walks - In nearby vineyards or olive groves.Restrictions on children - The property is adults only
Les Hamaques 5 rooms from £101L'escala, Costa Brava
A chic little country house hotel with just a few rooms. Close to the beach in a lovely rural setting. Light filled rooms in neutral tones with private terraces onto the garden and pool. Intimate, romantic, lots to do on the beach and around.Sights nearby - Greco-Roman ruins of the Empúries Roman route.Minimum Stay - 4 nights high season, otherwise 2 nightsSailing - Can be booked nearby.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape
Hotel Rec de Palau 16 rooms from £107Cadaques
Hillside villa hotel with suites and apartments ideal for families and groups, with terrace pools and a lovely garden. The style fuses traditional and modern elements, with antiques, ornate paintings and classic furniture, while bright rooms with sea views are minimal-chic. A charming coastal base.Families - This hillside hotel is great for families with its choice of family suites and apartments, playground and babysitting serviceSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolSailing - Can be booked nearby.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Hotel sa Calma 12 rooms from £110Begur
An elegant hotel in an excellent central location in Begur. Pretty rooms with feature wall paper, muslin cloth draped beds and roll top baths. A roof top offers a pool and lovely town views. Walking distance from Begur's sights and within easy access of the sea. A chic spot.Local exploring - Just 15 minutes from Fornells Beach and steps from Begur's main square.Sailing - The hotel will help organise a day's sailing.Romantic - Good for couples.Spa
Casa Peya 9 rooms from £113Palafrugell, Costa Brava
An elegant adult only property set in the heart of Palafrugell. Light and airy rooms feature pale wooden floors, luxurious contemporary bathrooms, floor to ceiling windows and soft grey hues. There's a small courtyard pool ideal for unwinding after a day spent exploring the region.Local exploring - Located in the center of Palafrugell and in the heart of Emporda, ideal for exploring the region.Great walks - Stroll through the picturesque botanical gardens of Cap Roig.Diving - Scuba diving expeditions set out from nearby Llafranc.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Sant Pere del Bosc Hotel and Spa 19 rooms from £116Lloret de Mar, Costa Brava
An elegant hotel and former monastery in the heart of Costa Brava. Rooms are individually styled but all are light and spacious and mix contemporary and modern design. Boasting a spoiling spa and restaurant serving dishes of the region. A luxurious stay just fifteen minutes drive from the beach.Total relaxation - A spoiling spa offers a number of treatments and top of the range facilties.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Sanctuary of Sant Pere del Bosc.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Tablet
Rectoria de Regencos 3 rooms from £123Begur (Regencós)
Hidden away in a medieval village, from the outside this aged sandstone property with its pretty garden is all rural Catalonia. Inside there is a more modern approach. Rooms are light filled, decorated in pale palettes. Prices include breakfast & you're just 10 mins from some great beaches.Sights nearby - Complete the 'Dali Triangle' including a museum in Figueres, the castle in Púbol, Dali’s houseLocal markets - Take home some treasure from the antique shops and markets at La Bisbal.Surfing - Pals beach is great for surfers.Full of characterRecommended by - I Escape
Hotel del Teatre 7 rooms from £123Begur
Two medieval Catalan farmhouses renovated with romance in mind. Gaze over the Mediterranean landscape, swim in the nearby beaches of the Costa Brava, or simply hibernate in the luxury of the hotel - in the gourmet Theatre restaurant, in the sleek interiors, or at the swimming pool.Outstanding location - Located in the 'Golden Triangle' - Mediterranean landscapes and scenery and sandy beaches of the Costa Brava.Restaurant - The Theatre Restaurant is a main attraction.Exclusive use - Available for exclusive use.FarmhouseRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Hotel Mas Pastora 16 rooms from £124Costa Brava
A hotel in a fine 18th-century farmhouse with a large garden and saltwater pool. The classically furnished reception areas in the old house are elegantly rustic, with tasteful craft pieces and Kilim rugs, while the chic, fresh rooms in the stylish modern wing are light and airy. A real treat!Beach Life - Just 5 minutes' walk from the sea promenade and an easy drive to beautiful beaches, a great spot for relaxed seaside breaksSights nearby - Head to the promontory of Cap de Sant Sebastià for some magical views and visit the Roman ruinsGreat walks - Wander through the beautiful botanic gardensSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor pool
Hotel Blau Mar 17 rooms from £149Llafranc, Costa Brava
A lovely Four Star hotel with stunning views over the bay. Sunny rooms and suites in contemporary chic style with private balconies. Great value, close to the beach, and lots to do in the area.Views - Stunning bay views.Value chicSights nearby - Half an hour from Girona and an hour's drive from the Dali MuseumSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Hotel Aigua Blava 85 rooms from £132Begur (Fornells)
Excellently equipped seaside hotel right on the beach. Rooms, suites and apartments all in neutral tones with private balconies cater to families, groups and couples. Excellent restaurant, salt water pool, tennis courts, and watersports. A great choice for a beach holiday with everything on site.Views - Views over the bays of Fornells and AiguablavaGroupsFamiliesBeach Life
Mas Rosello 7 rooms from £132Costa Brava
A lovingly restored 18th-century farmhouse with a tranquil garden and pool. Friendly, traditional interiors feature fine furniture, cosy sofas and tasteful pieces, while the simple rooms are unfussy yet elegant, with pretty wallhangings or artisnal rugs. An ideal base for a cosy couple's weekend.Country Escape - An idyllic rural hotel close to the coast, ideal for summer escapes and beach excursions as well as fireside winter hideawaysSights nearby - Nearby, visit the medieval villages of Pals and Peratallada, the citadel of Roses and the Greek and Roman ruins of EmpúriesSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor poolRestrictions on children - Adult only
Mas Vivent 8 rooms from £134Costa Brava
An idyllic hotel in a converted farmhouse overlooking cork and pine forests, with a fantastic restaurant. Rustic-chic interiors are unfussy and feature bare stone walls, clean lines and pine finishes, while stylish rooms are elegant with tasteful scandi-style decor. A quiet, romantic base.Country Escape - On the edge of a quiet village great for country walks and rural relaxation, and within easy distance of the gorgeous coastlineGreat walks - Explore the Emporadá region by bike or foot following one of the many marked trailsSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolSailing - Can be booked nearby.
Hotel Vistabella 29 rooms from £140Province of Girona, Costa Brava
Magical luxury hotel overlooking the Bay of Roses - with crystal sea views it's a perfect romantic hideaway. Stylish rooms with a nautical vibe echo the Mediterranean, and most have terraces overlooking the sea. Four restaurants, panoramic bar, indoor pool & spa. Spoiling luxury by the sea!Local exploring - Explore the wider Costa Brava from its hidden beaches to the Dali Museum to ancient ruinsSights nearby - Serra de les Alberes is a stunning area to explore Romanesque churches.Sailing - Rent a boat and explore the seas sailing or relax on a Catamaran tour.Local markets - Local markets give a great sense of local life in the Costa Brava.
Casa Granados 9 rooms from £140Province of Girona, Costa Brava
200 yr old mansion in the heart of Tossa de Mar with well-maintained historic features. Elegant rooms showcase the original exposed brick walls and feature parquet floors, rich fabrics and modern artworks. Delicious tapas or Mediterranean cuisine in the courtyard restaurant and a pool!Local exploring - Situated in the heart of Tossa de Mar, Casa Granados is perfectly situated for both beaches and culture.Local markets - Local markets are a great way to catch Catalan life in fully swing.Sights nearby - Tossa de Mar Castle is only 150 metres from the front door.Spa - Spa area offering a range of facial and body treatments
Hotel Cala del Pi 49 rooms from £146Girona, Costa Brava
A luxury cliffside hotel with amazing sea views and lovely terraces with loungers. The three pools and spa are a real treat and the restaurants are splendid. Expect Catalan inspired decor with modern flourishes and tasteful furniture, while elegant rooms are traditional yet stylish. A real gem!Beach Life - This luxury cliffside hotel has easy beach access ideal for an easy seaside holidayGreat walks - Explore the Costa Brava's incredible hiking paths and trails, very popular amongst walking enthusiastsSights nearby - Visit picturesque coastal towns such as Cadaqués and Calella de PalafrugellSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor pool, indoor pool and kids' pool
Can Casi 5 rooms from £149Province of Girona, Costa Brava
Explore this 1704 boutique in Regencós, the heart of the Golden Triangle of Baix Empordà. Adult-only retreat in rural surroundings is home away from home with kitchen gardens, lounging areas in the garden and a pool to spend your days. Contemporary meets classic decor in the rooms. A fantastic find!Cooking classes - Eco-cook workshop avaliable at Can Casi - using produce from their very own garden.Local markets - Head to the local markets to get into full swing of Catalan life.Kayaking - River or sea - rent a kayak and soak up the scenery.Swimming Pool - Outdoor salt water pool
Cap Sa Sal 10 rooms from £154Begur
Cap Sa Sal enjoys a clifftop location on Begur's Costa Brava. With both rooms and apartments furnished in a classically Mediterranean manner boasting spectacular ocean views. Burn off the wonderful home-cooked food by hiking around the cliffs or swimming in the sea! Utterly peaceful.Beach Life - The perfect beach getaway, with fantastic views of the bay, yummy seafood and just a short stroll to the nearest beach!Total relaxation - Make the most out of your tranquil surroundings to truly unwind. Sip wine on your balcony or take a dip in the pool!Diving - Head off cliff diving for an adrenaline-filled time!Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Hotel El Far 9 rooms from £162Palafrugell, Costa Brava
A gorgeous little hotel on a cliff top surrounded by coves with stunning sea views. The traditional building has romantic chic rooms and suites in pastels with private balconies. Excellent fish restaurant, terraces and patios, and lots to explore in the surrounds.Views - Spectacular views out to sea and down to the beaches belowRomantic BreakSights nearby - Ruins of Ampurias, medieval villages of Pals and PeratalladaSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Hotel Mas Lazuli 16 rooms from £167Girona, Costa Brava
Originally an 11th century convent, now a country house hotel with elegant outdoor pool and tropical garden. Bedrooms are cool and contemporary with open plan bathroom and private sitting room. All enjoy glorious views of either olive groves or the Bay of Rosas. A romantic spot close to the coast.Kayaking - Available nearby - can be organised through hotelGreat walks - Serra de Rodes forest areaSights nearby - Dalí Museum in FigueresSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Tablet, I Escape
Arrels Hotel 14 rooms from £167Cadaques
Set in the hills above the pretty coastal town of Cadaqués this adult-only property offers a secluded and scenic spot. Rooms feature white washed walls, wooden floors and beamed ceilings (the best have private terraces). Fabulous breakfasts are served and there's a pool with glorious views.Country Escape - A tranquil hill-side spot ideal for simply unwinding or getting out and enjoying the countryside.Great walks - Take long walks, starting straight from the property, through the picturesque countryside.Sights nearby - Visit the Església de Santa María, a 16th century hill-top church.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Mas Falgarona 13 rooms from £171Costa Brava
17th Century farmhouse turned boutique hotel in a serene, intimate setting. Thick stone walls and exposed beams maintain its old Catalan beauty, and are stylishly complemented with modern decor. The kitchen garden provides fresh produce for the restaurant. Ideal for poolside relaxation or exploring.Local exploring - Ideally situated for exploring the best of the Costa Brava from its culture to the gorgeous beaches.Sights nearby - Absorb some Grecian culture at Sant Pere de Rodes monastery or the old Greek city of Ampurias.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.
Hotel Moli del Mig 32 rooms from £175Girona, Costa Brava
15th Century mill turned idyllic spa hotel set in manicured gardens with pool, a stone's throw from the Med. Avant-garde architectural design effortlessly combines the modern with the traditional and huge windows in the contemporary rooms allow wonderful vistas. Ideal for both beach & inland.Local exploring - Ideally located for exploring the Costa Brava, with its many beautiful beaches and cultural attractionsHideaway - Set in beautiful rural location, the property is ideal for those who like to be off the beaten track.Local markets - Head to down to Torroella de Montgri on a Monday morning and you will see the market in full swing.Sights nearby - Torroella de Montgrí is a cultural centre and if you love ceramics visit La Bisbal d' Emporda.
Hotel Peralada 62 rooms from £18017491 Peralada, Girona, Costa Brava
An elegant hotel and golf course surrounded by vineyards, featuring an indulgent spa and pools, ideal for a sophisticated break. Interiors and rooms are very chic and fresh, with pale stone and marble, natural tones and tasteful modern artworks. The quality cuisine and wine are a real highlight.Golf - Do a round of golf and book in some lessons on the wonderful golf course surrounding the hotelCountry Escape - Stylish hotel on an idyllic wine estate with great views, near beaches and cultural sightsSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor pool and indoor poolViews - Great views from hotel
La Malcontenta 14 rooms from £184Palamos, Costa Brava
Idyllic 5* country house hotel walking distance from the beach. Elegant rooms have four poster beds, enormous marble bathrooms and views over the garden. Outdoor pool, terrace, massages available. Excellent, locally sourced cuisine. Romantic, chic and pretty.Romantic Break - Four poster beds in rooms looking out across unspoilt countryside; couples massages and lovely poolGreat walks - Along Castell Beach, the only virgin beach of the Costa BravaLocal markets - Medieval market in CalongeSights nearby - Old part of Girona nearby
Hotel Villa Gala 14 rooms from £199Cadaques (17488 Cadaqués)
A fresh, contemporary boutique hotel in the pretty centre of Cadaqués. Elegant interiors are simple with accents of sea-blue in the decor and artworks, while bright rooms are chic and refreshing. The lovely terrace and pool is a haven of relaxation, and the fine dining restaurant is a highlight.Local exploring - Great for enjoying Cadaques and its famous beaches, as well as top cultural sights and pretty medieval towns in the areaLocal markets - Head to the Sunday market at La Escala, popular amongst both locals and touristsSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor poolSailing - Can be booked nearby.
Mas de Torrent 39 rooms from £245Torrent, Costa Brava
Five Star luxury in a country house hotel that attracts A listers. A mixture of contemporary and classical rooms and suites, all with private balconies, some with private pools. Excellent restaurant, roof top terrace bar, spa, and lovely grounds. A sophisticated choice.Spa breaksFoodies5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Kids Club - Nursery and childrens entertainment programmes during the summer seasonRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Mas Tapiolas Suites Natura 13 rooms from £232Girona, Costa Brava
A rural, intimate retreat nestled away in manicured gardens with pools and spa and gorgeous mountain views. Modern, independent rooms with gardens offer privacy yet the proximity of a restaurant, bar, pitch and putt. Relax in the salt cabin, or explore the local area. Truly something for everyone.Local exploring - Ideally located for exploring the best of the Costa Brava from its beaches to the Dali TriangleSights nearby - Head to Calella to capture the essence of an old Catalan fishing village. Visit Dali's house or go on the Dali Trail.Local markets - Weekly markets are a great way to see the local produce and get a real taste of the area.Great walks - By foot or bike explore Lake Banyoles and the visit Neolithic sites there.
Miramar Rooms 5 rooms from £263Girona, Costa Brava
A lovely little hotel whose fine-dining restaurant is the real focus. The pretty terrace offers great views of the Mediterranean and the smart rooms are cosy and sophisticated, with quirky and simple designer pieces, comfy beds and fine linen. An idyllic base, great for slow and relaxed holidays.Sights nearby - Visit the various sights in the charming town or, in the hills, wander around the Benedictine monastery of St. Pere de RodesViews - Great views from hotelSailing - Can be booked nearby.Barefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.
Hostal de La Gavina 74 rooms from £281Girona, Costa Brava
Old world romance in a classical Five Star hotel. Spectacular sea views from sprawling terraces, elegant rooms and suites filled with antiques, excellent restaurant and spa. Timeless elegance and film star luxury on the beach front.Romantic BreakBeach Life5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
Calma Blanca 7 rooms from £314Cadaques (17488 Cadaqués)
A beautiful contemporary hillside hotel boasting a pretty garden with a refreshing pool and a small spa. Upmarket interiors feature indulgent white sofas and tasteful artwork, while individually styled rooms are elegant and fresh, with great views. A smart base.Local exploring - Ideally located to explore lively Cadaques, nearby attractions such as the Dalí Triangle, and the unspoilt beaches nearbyGreat walks - Check out the many stunning coastal trailsSwimming Pool - Year-round outdoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels