Search the best hotels in Navarre
Bordered by France, La Rioja and the Basque Country, it's unsurprising that Navarre is a well-known destination for foodies. Most of the region’s visitors, however, come either to run with the bulls in Pamplona or to walk the ancient pilgrimage route to Santiago de Compostela in Galicia. A less-travelled destination than much of Spain, Navarre still boasts a wide array of excellent accommodation options. Better yet, many of the best places to stay in Navarre are both charming and reasonably priced.
Northern Navarre reaches into the lush green foothills of the Pyrenees, and its small towns and rural villages have a Basque flavour to them. The region’s south is a bucolic land of farms and pastures; this is where much of Navarre’s fantastic fresh produce and superb wines are grown. The Camino de Santiago also comes this way, so you can expect to discover striking ancient churches and religious monuments as you hike, cycle or horse ride.
Most of Navarre’s population are based in and around Pamplona and Tudela, the region’s two largest cities. Both boast impressive heritage architecture and a lively foodie scene. Pamplona’s big draw is, of course, the famed Festival de San Fermín, which takes place each July. Travel at this time only if you’re eager to see the running of the bulls. The city is beautiful and fare more relaxed throughout the rest of the year. You’ll also find the best places too tay in Navarre much quieter outside of the summer months.
The Best Places to Stay in Navarre
For Heritage Glamour
- Gran Hotel La Perla was Hemingway's hotel of choice when in Pamplona. A stunning heritage hotel, this beautiful property now has 44 indulgent guest rooms with antique furniture and sink-into tubs. The superb Plaza de Castillo setting and excellent restaurant complete the picture.
- Churrut Hotel is an 18th-century manor house in Bera's old town. Lovingly restored, the hotel has timeless interiors, with 18 individually decorated rooms and a great restaurant. Elegant and romantic.
For Rural Bliss
- Heredad Beragu is a chic, adults only property promising spectacular views of the Pyrenees from individually designed rooms and suites. A lovely combination of modern comforts and original period features, with hiking and birdwatching opportunities aplenty. Very restful and romantic.
- Hotel Rural Torre de Uriz, close to the Irati forest, has also preserved its medieval charm. Exposed stone and polished wood are paired with contemporary glass windows and simple minimalist furnishings. Highly recommended for couples or friends looking to trek, mountain bike and bird watch. Guests must be aged 16+.
- Hotel Rural Iribarnia is another romantic choice for those dreaming of secluded rural bliss. A wood and stone edifice hides contemporray rooms with big black stone bathtubs and crackling wood burners. Intimate and relaxed, on the edge of Lantz.
- El Secreto del Ollo, in the hills surrounding Pamplona, has eight spacious rooms with lots of charm. The self-catering apartment is perfect for families, who can use the hotel as a springboard for hiking, cycling and horse riding in the countryside. Great fun.
For a Vineyard Escape
- Pago de Cirsus offers a stunning hotel with 12 traditional yet luxurious bedrooms surrounded by vineyards. The hotel is part of an acclaimed winery, perfect for guests dreaming of private tours and tastings. The onsite restaurant specialises in regional fare, paired with estate-grown wines. Superb.
For Design-Led Luxury
- Aire de Bardenas is a remote collection of ultra-modern cubist pods, each containing private rooms and suites. Minimalist rooms have white interiors, with light wood and big outdoor tubs for stargazing. Surrounded by rolling cornfields and a national park, this is a terrific eco-escape for those seeking to combine outdoorsy explorations with an appreciation of bold design. The restaurant is excellent.
- Alma Pamplona is a sleek, minimalist modern hotel on the edge of the city. Expect pared-back interiors with lots of pale wood, clean lines and crisp white linens. Light-filled guest rooms offer verdant views, and the best have private terraces and big bathtubs. The spa and fine dining restaurant are sensational. A superb addition to the city's hotel scene.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into Pamplona Airport, and travel to your destination by bus or taxi from there. Many hotels will be happy to arrange an airport pick up in advance.
- Navarre is wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Expect a warm year-round climate, with temperatures averaging at around 26°C - 30°C between April and September. You'll find fewer crowds outside the school holidays in April, May or September.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Pamplona.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the neighbouring Basque Country.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Navarre
Best Hotels in Navarre
Heredad Beragu (Navarra), Navarre 9 rooms from £62Back to Nature - Occupying a quiet spot with panoramic views of the Pyrenees.Birdwatching - Spot all sorts of species soaring by from the hotel's own bird observatory.Sights nearby - Discover the medieval village of Ujué.Restrictions on children - Adult onlyRecommended by - Sawdays
A traditional property offering spectacular views of the Pyrenees. Interiors are beautifully refurbished with exposed stone sitting next to large swathes of glass and well chosen antiques set against white washed walls. An adult only property, ideal for romantic breaks surrounded by nature. See More
Hotel Rural Torre de Uriz Uriz (Navarra), Navarre 6 rooms from £78Hideaway - Situated in a medieval building close to the Irati forest, its the ideal place to unwind in the countryside away from it all.Birdwatching - One of the best places to observe birds in active migration in Western Europe.Great walks - Take long walks through the picturesque Irati Forest.Restrictions on children - Over 16s only.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
A small luxury hotel well located in a stunning part of Navarre near the Irati forest. A beautiful renovation job keeps the medieval charm of the building. Natural features throughout, polished pine and exposed stone are contrasted with large contemporary glass windows. Highly recommended. See More
El Secreto del Ollo Navarra, Navarre 8 rooms from £78Local exploring - Explore the ancient buildings of historic Pamplona, and San Sebastian, as well as the surrounding hills and countryside.Families - A lovely self contained catering apartment with romantic four-poster for mum and dad, and bunkbeds for the kids.Romantic Break - Beautifully decorated suites, ideal for couples, with spectacular views of the tiny village of Ollo.Great walks - Book a tour of the Val de Ollo choosing a route depending on your fitness level.Recommended by - I Escape
A charming guesthouse, in the hills of ancient Pamplona. Large spacious rooms with thick stone walls and chic interiors - four poster beds, wooden floorings, stylish furniture and a cool knick knack collection. Breakfast is served in a common dining space. An elegant rustic retreat. See More
Churrut Hotel Bera, Navarre 18 rooms from £98Cooking classes - Experience the famous local Basque cuisine and pintxos. Enjoy a cooking lesson or try out the art of Idiazabel cheese making.Local markets - The nearby town of San Sebastian has an arrary of markets selling local honey, cheese, cured meats and much more.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Full of character
This 18th century country house is located in historic Bera in the lesser explored northern Navarra region of Spain. A family run property it has traditional features of exposed beams and open fires. Rooms are decorated with antique pieces and ornate fabrics. The restaurant and bar are popular. See More
Pago de Cirsus Tudela (Ablitas) 12 rooms from £86Good wine list - The hotel is set in it's own vineyard growing 6 varieties of grape.Restaurant - Basque-Navarra cuisine of a high standardViews - Stunning views across acres of vineyards.Great walks - Good for walkers.
A gracious country house hotel and vineyard. Rooms have opulent fabrics and characterful wallpapers, with four posters and charming bathrooms. Garden, sun terrace,pool and wine cellar. Excellent local Navarra menu and romantic bar. Elegant and spacious interior, very atmospheric. See More
Alma Pamplona Pamplona 59 rooms from £100Total relaxation - A tranquil spot on the outskirts of Pamplona, boasting a fabulous spa and restaurant.Great walks - Follow part of the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail.Swimming Pool - Indoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
A sleek modern hotel set on the edge of the historic city of Pamplona. Contemporary design throughout sees plenty of glass set against pale wood and decorated with minimalist furniture. An indulgent spa and exceptional fine dining restaurant are every bit as good as the design. See More
Hotel Rural Iribarnia Lantz, Navarre 10 rooms from £101Country Escape - A converted farmhouse still exuding its rustic charm and set in gorgeous countryside.Total relaxation - Play a round of golf, take a gentle walk or curl up with a good book.Great walks - Explore the surrounding forests, streams, caves and hills on a long walk.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the fascinating medieval Castle of Javier.
A traditional rural property, lovingly restored to bring it into the 21st century, yet still retaining all its original charm. The stunning rooms' sloping roofs, and beamed ceilings stand in contrast with the distinctly modern in-room black stone bathtub. A spoiling country abode. See More
Gran Hotel La Perla Pamplona 44 rooms from £135City Style - A Pamplonaian institution, with tasteful suites and antique chandeliers, right in the heart of the city.Families - The spacious suites can accommodate families, and babysitting services are provided.Local exploring - All important sights and tourist attractions are within easy reach of the hotel.Sights nearby - Right next door to the Pamplona Cathedral, The Town Hall and the Bull Ring.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
This classic 1880's hotel, overlooking the Plaza de Castillo, was once a favoured haunt of Ernest Hemingway. Traditional rooms with antique furniture, historical artefacts and open bathrooms with deep-soaking tubs. The excellent in-house restaurant is run by an award winning chef. See More
Aire de Bardenas Tudela 22 rooms from £143Total relaxationQuirky - Each room resembles an individual cube.Sights nearby - Pamplona.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - I Escape
A remote designer hotel set in rolling cornfields and surrounded by a National Park. Cubist minimal rooms and suites stand individually in the surroundings. Fantastic food, swimming pool, and unrivalled views. A great choice for being at one with nature, yet with forward thinking design for comfort. See More