- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Nerja
Perched in the Andalucian coastline, Nerja is a romantic town on Med as well as at the foothills of the Sierra Almijara mountains. Unlike many of its neighbours, it has the good fortune of not being dominated by resorts and has still retained its unmistakable charm and character. Its name stems from when it was under Muslim control, taken from the Arabic word 'Narixa' meaning 'abundant source'. Today this day, the town has an abundance of charm and is a great spot for a romantic break on the Andalucian coast. The best places to stay in Nerja tend to have great views of the sea.
Things not to miss:
- Nerja is probably most famous for its cave system. The Nerja Caves stretch for around 5 km and feature incredible cave paintings that have been estimated to be 42,000 years old. Only rediscovered in 1959 walking through a mini sink, the caves now features galleries as well as a space for concerts.
- The beautiful Aqueduct of Nerja, built in the 19th century is certainly worth a visit.
- There are a number of lovely religious sights such as the Baroque Hermitage of Las Angustias and the Church of El Salvador.
- The surrounding coastline is full of beautiful beaches and coves.
Perfect for a relaxing break away from the resorts that have come to dominate the Andalucian coastline, it's a great option and the best places to stay in Nerja tend to be right on the sea.
The best places to stay in Nerja
For great views
- Sitting on a lovely spot overlooking the Mediterranean, Hotel Carabeo is a great base from which to enjoy Nerja. Stunning seaviews, delicious spanish cuisine and a stylish tapas bar all combine to create an excellent hotel.
For a private apartment or beach house
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Nerja is Malaga (48 miles).
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Nerja is from May to October.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Nerja
Hotel Carabeo 7 rooms from £68Nerja
A glorious hotel overlooking the Mediterranean sea. Decadent rooms feature antique style furniture, some with 4 poster beds and private terraces. Large, light apartments. Outstanding Spanish cuisine, outdoor pool, chic tapas bar and restaurant. Very romantic, family friendly, and by the beach.Romantic Break - On a cliff with Mediterranean views, enjoy the tapas, wander cobbled streets, explore the beach and soak in the peace and quietViews - Stunning views from the terrace restaurant.FamiliesSights nearby - Almijara y Alhama Nature Reserve is 2km away, Granada, Seville, Cordoba and Malaga