Search the best hotels in Sierra Nevada
About Sierra Nevada
Just an hour from Granada and 100 kilometres from the sunny shores of the Mediterranean sit the snow-clad slopes of Sierra Nevada. Set on the north-western slopes of Veleta, Spain’s third-highest peak, this Andalucían resort has long been popular with skiers and snowboarders from across the country. Now gaining a solid reputation with international visitors, Sierra Nevada boasts a burgeoning number of great hotels, chalets and guesthouses for for a range of tastes and budgets. Our top pick of the best places to stay in Sierra Nevada is a beautiful boutique hotel, ideal for a luxurious mountain escape.
Perched 2100 metres above the tree-line, the resort is a collection of whitewashed traditional buildings and more modern edifices, most with magnificent views. Perfectly placed for keen adventurers, the resort offers 95 kms of slopes, further off-piste zones and 30 gondolas and lifts — the highest reaching up to 3282 metres. The surrounding Sierra Nevada National Park is spectacular in both winter and summer, when scenic trails will delight hikers, horse riders, mountain bikers and wildlife-spotters.
Whether you’ve spent the day on the slopes or in the sauna, a buzzy and welcoming après-ski scene awaits. Expect hearty Spanish mountain cuisine and a particularly lively vibe on the weekends, all within easy reach of the best places to stay in Sierra Nevada.
The Best Places to Stay in Sierra Nevada
- El Lodge boasts an almost unbeatable location. It's also a very luxurious mountain hotel, with 20 chic rooms featuring vintage ski posters, antler chandeliers and lots of exposed wood. Each room has its own private terrace; some have hot tubs. A swimming pool, sauna, hip bar and restaurant complete the picture. Brilliant for guests of all ages.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Granada International Airport, an hour's drive from Sierra Nevada. Hop aboard a regular shuttle bus, take a taxi or speak to your hotel in advance about arranging an airport pick up.
- Andalucía's mountains and foothills are wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Visit between December and March for the best snow, or travel between June and September for scenic hiking and mountain biking opportunities in the mountains. Book your trip well in advance if visiting at Christmas, New Year or the school holidays as hotels fill up fast!
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Granada.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Andalucía or the best places to stay in the Sierra Nevada National Park.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Sierra Nevada
Best Hotels in Sierra Nevada
El Lodge Sierra Nevada 20 rooms from £434Active Holiday - Skiing being the main point of interest here, you may also opt to hike or go mountain biking in the surrounding mountains.Families - The ideal playground for the whole family, from the stunning spa and bar for adults to the basement kids club.Back to Nature - Enjoy the sweeping mountain views from the rooms, the restaurant and the spa and pool area as well.Local markets - A 30 minute ride away, explore Granada, an interesting city for its history and culture.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
An upscale luxury hotel in a stunning location. Plush designer rooms feature old school ski posters, animal prints, and antler chandeliers. All rooms open out to a balcony or terrace and some come with hot tubs. Enjoy the fine dining restaurant, chic bar and cosy lounge. A cool mountain retreat. See More