Search the best hotels in Sóller
Charming and peaceful, but also surprisingly grand, Sóller is surrounded by lush citrus groves dating from the 13th century - these fruits are the town’s gold. After the orchards there are views out to Port de Sóller and the sea in one direction and views into the Sierra de Tramuntana in the other. Our Gurus agree that the best places to stay in Sóller are those which make the most of this wonderfully peaceful island panorama.
Most visitors come here on day trips on the old steam train from Palma and fall in love with the lovely views and fine selection of cafes, and ice cream and pastry shops around the picturesque main square with its impressive, and surprisingly Modernist architecture. But there are plenty of reasons you'll be glad to stay if you can, and some of the best places to stay in Sóller are also some of the most romantic on the whole of the island.
What not to Miss
- Sóller was a wealthy town in the 19th Century and home to many French ex-pats who added to the grandeur of the manor houses and public buildings. You’ll find Sóller even more charming when it's time to take a dip in the ocean: the best way to get down to the port is via a little old tram.
- There's some seriously good art to be discovered here, with galleries showcasing works by Picasso and Miro.
- There's also a lovely botanical gardens
- and a graceful church, the Iglesia parroquial de Sant Bartomeu, which was built by one of Gaudí's students.
The best places to stay in Soller book up quickly during the peak summer months. So unless you want to come here in the quieter months, get organised and book well ahead.
The Best Places to Stay in Sóller
The Most Romantic Places to Stay in Sóller
- Ca'S Curial is a charming family estate converted into a nine room hotel. Beautiful, traditional, and a tad rustic, this is a wonderful spot amongst orange orchards close to Sóller. There's a pool and terrace for outdoor eating. And sorry kids, it's adult's only.
- The Hotel Salvia is another small, luxurious hotel, this time converted from a traditional, stone country house set among lush gardens and terraces. This time you're only allowed if you're 15 or over.
The Best Places to Stay in Sóller for a Family Beach Break
- The Hotel Esplendido is the best place to stay in Sóller for families! Perfect for beach holidays, this 74 room hotel is contemporary and attractive, with a private beach and an extensive spa and pool complex set among lush gardens. There's also an excellent restaurant and activities for the kids.
- If you want to stay somewhere that ticks ALL the boxes, the Jumeirah Port Sóller Hotel & Spa is for you. Large and beautifully designed with a traditional exterior, this hotel has everything. From an eye-catching infinity pool to an award-winning spa, restaurants and a kid’s club.
The Best Places to Stay in Sóller for a Rural Escape
- Cas Sant is a 13 room property surrounded by 600 orange trees and peaceful gardens. The decor is elegantly rustic with lots of beautiful original features, like four poster beds and stone fireplaces, and there are two pools and a sunny terrace.
- Ca's Xorc is a beautiful, 13 room finca set in the foothills of the Sierra de Tramuntana above a picturesque coastline. The finca has a collection of rooms and suites with white washed walls and pretty art. There's also a fabulous Mediterranean restaurant which takes full advantage of the wonderful views and the finca's sprawling terraces.
- The Finca Ca N'Ai B&B is a tiny finca just a short drive from Sóller offering peace and quiet in total comfort. There's a lovely pool and this is a great spot for walkers.
- Can Quatre is a typically Mallorca house in the Sóller Valley with wonderful views of the Tramuntana mountains. The decor is rustic but refined and there are ten spacious bedrooms and a peaceful sun terrace where they serve a Continental breakfast.
The Best Value Places to Stay in Sóller
- The Hotel L'Avenida is a chic, contemporary hotel in a former mansion house with a relaxed vibe. There are just 12 rooms, starting from around £105 per night, and no kids under 14. You’re within a short walk of Sóller’s best cafes.
Prefer an Apartment or Villa?
- If you’d prefer to stay in a seaside apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- Palma airport is around 20miles from Sóller - which is around 40minutes in a taxi or private transfer vehicle. Port Sóller is another 4kms after that. There are a lot of taxis waiting outside the airport, but if you’re travelling at peak times you might have to queue. Cruise ships arrive at Port de Palma, which is just west of Palma, and you’re about eight hours from mainland Spain via ferry, and four hours from Ibiza.
- If you want to hire a car - which we highly recommend if you’re staying in Sóller- we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars. It’s possible to arrive via bus, but you need to go into Palma de Mallorca first and change.
- Mallorca’s climate is typically Mediterranean, with hot, dry summers and mild winters. Its central mountains mean there’s some variation across the island - mostly dependant on how much wind you’re getting - but generally speaking you’re getting sunshine and 19°C+ between April and November, and the ‘beach holiday season’ runs between May and October. Autumn is probably best avoided because this is when the island gets most of its rain, and it can be very heavy, though winter is great for a walking holiday or a bit of winter sunshine. The best time to go is probably late spring, but purely because it’s a bit quieter and the almond blossom is out.
Still not sure which to book?
- Browse our pick of the best places to tsay in Soller,
- expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Mallorca,
- or the best places to stay in Deià, or Valldemossa,
- read our Best Beach Hotels on Mallorca article?
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Sóller
Best Hotels in Sóller
1902 Townhouse Sóller 6 rooms from £113Local exploring - Perfectly positioned to access the town as well as the beaches and surrounding countryside.Sights nearby - Visit the Gaudiesque church of Sant Bartomeu in Sóller's main square.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRestrictions on children - Adult only
A chic converted townhouse offering a quiet position in the centre of pretty Sóller. The six individually styled rooms are light and airy with traditional tiled floors, soft grey hues and modern chandeliers and art. Show stopping breakfasts are served and there's an honesty bar too. See More
FincaHotel Can Coll Sóller (Mallorca) 10 rooms from £130Hideaway - With tranquil gardens, stunning mountain views, and a lovely pool - it is tempting to just stay at the property and bliss outFamilies - This is a very child friendly stay with everything you could want provided from cribs to kids' menus and even babysittersBeach Life - The pretty beach Port de Sóller is just five minutes from the propertyGreat walks - Spectacular hikes through the Sóller countryside start right from the property
A chic boho stay with epic mountain views. Bright rooms are simply styled with terracotta tiled floors, beamed ceilings, and large modern artworks. Suites are vast and the best have private terraces or gardens. Expect local cuisine, a large pool, and warm hosts. Well suited to couples or families. See More
Hotel Salvia Sóller 7 rooms from £139Romantic Break - An elegant 18th century hideaway with carefully choosen antique furnishings, spectacular mountain views and lush gardens.Local exploring - A tranquil hotel, surprisingly set in the heart of the ancient town of Soller, amidst winding lanes and cobbled streets.Great walks - Explore the narrow lanes of Soller, winding down towards the main square and the church of St. Bartholomew.Tennis - There are courts in a local sports club that can be booked through the hotel.Recommended by - I Escape
Finca Ca N'Ai B&B Soller, Mallorca 11 rooms from £148Hideaway - A wonderfully romantic and tranquil adult only hideaway set in beautiful rugged countryside ringed by the Tramuntana mountains.Sailing - Rent a motorboat from Puerto de Sóller just 3km from the property.Great walks - Trekking routes can be joined directly from the hotel.Restrictions on children - Adults only establishment (16+).
A gorgeous country property in rugged and serene surrounds just outside Sóller. Traditional styled suites with lovely terraces. Delicious Mediterranean cuisine makes the most of local produce. A lovely place to hideaway from the world yet conveniently placed for local exploring. See More
Can Quatre Sóller 10 rooms from £156Hideaway - An typical Mallorcan villa in the Sóller Valley offering peaceful gardens and massage treatments.Kayaking - Canoe hire availableFishing - Playa d'en RepicViews - Great views from hotel
Ecocirer 07100 Sóller 6 rooms from £165Local exploring - A lovely base in Soller ideal for exploring the town and surrounding countryside, as well as the nearby beachesGreat walks - An ideal spot for walkers and cyclists wishing to explore the heart of the Sierra de Tramuntana, a Unesco World Heritage siteSights nearby - Wander around the pretty old town, and visit the lovely Sant Bartomeu ChurchDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
An eco-hotel that places emphasis on recycled materials and sustainably sourced produce. Chic bedrooms are decorated with eclectic upcycled pieces and quality thought-provoking artwork while maintaining a very homely feel; the communal areas are similarly cosy and quirky. A gorgeous, cheerful base. See More
Ca'S Curial Sóller, Mallorca 14 rooms from £169Country Escape - An oasis of calm set in beautiful fragrant gardens and orange groves with the Tramuntana Mountains as a striking background.Great walks - Wonderful rugged hikes starting from the hotel, ask at the front desk for details.Sailing - The hotel will help you charter a boat to explore the coastline.Restrictions on children - This is an adults only hotel.Recommended by - Sawdays
A family run agroturismo surrounded by mountains. Rooms in rustic Majorcan style, with antiques and great views amongst orange groves. A gorgeous swimming pool to while away the day by and dining under the stars. The surrounding area provides a host of outdoor pursuits. A lovely rural escape. See More
Hotel L'Avenida Sóller 12 rooms from £178Local exploring - A perfect spot from which to access Soller's quaint streets by foot and just a short ride to the port and beach.Groups - This ultra chic mansion is available as an exclusive rental, ideal for a glamourous group break.Sights nearby - Visit Palma's art galleries, cathedral and boutiques.Restrictions on children - No children under 14.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Kiwi Collection
Chic boutique in a former mansion house, with elegant contemporary styling and a relaxed atmosphere. Ideal location in Soller, within walking distance of many of the charming cafes. Sun yourself by the courtyard pool or on one of the beaches. The perfect choice for groups. See More
Ca's Xorc Carretera de Deia, Mallorca 15 rooms from £182Weddings - A beautifully backdrop and a Moroccan-styled tent for events, this hotel is a popular venue for weddingsCountry Escape - A chic Mallorquin finca hotel, hidden high in the Tramuntana mountainsRestaurant - Mallorcan/Mediterranean cuisine featuring local specialitiesSwimming Pool - Infinity pool with breathtaking views over the Soller valleyRecommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
A truly special boutique hotel in a stunning location between Soller and Deia with far reaching panoramic views from sprawling terraces. Lovely airy rooms, fabulous food, charming staff and a gorgeous infinity pool make it hard to beat. Gourmet, romantic, and perfect for a wedding. See More
Cas Sant Sóller, Mallorca 13 rooms from £188Hideaway - Set among 600 orange trees with a beautiful garden, two swimming pools and airy bedrooms.Kayaking - Tramuntana ToursFishing - Playa d'en RepicDiving - Soller Diving
Set in the beautiful valley of Sóller, CasSant is surrounded by orange trees and a peaceful garden with two swimming pools. Rustic bedrooms with wooden beams, stone fire places and four poster beds. Breakfasts can be enjoyed on the outdoor terrace and packed lunches are available for days exploring. See More