- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Sóller
Charming and peaceful, but also surprisingly grand, Sóller is surrounded by lush citrus groves dating from the 13th century - these fruits are the town’s gold. After the orchards there are views out to Port de Sóller and the sea in one direction and views into the Sierra de Tramuntana in the other. Our Gurus agree that the best places to stay in Sóller are those which make the most of this wonderfully peaceful island panorama.
Most visitors come here on day trips on the old steam train from Palma and fall in love with the lovely views and fine selection of cafes, and ice cream and pastry shops around the picturesque main square with its impressive, and surprisingly Modernist architecture. But there are plenty of reasons you'll be glad to stay if you can, and some of the best places to stay in Sóller are also some of the most romantic on the whole of the island.
What not to Miss
- Sóller was a wealthy town in the 19th Century and home to many French ex-pats who added to the grandeur of the manor houses and public buildings. You’ll find Sóller even more charming when it's time to take a dip in the ocean: the best way to get down to the port is via a little old tram.
- There's some seriously good art to be discovered here, with galleries showcasing works by Picasso and Miro.
- There's also a lovely botanical gardens
- and a graceful church, the Iglesia parroquial de Sant Bartomeu, which was built by one of Gaudí's students.
The best places to stay in Soller book up quickly during the peak summer months. So unless you want to come here in the quieter months, get organised and book well ahead.
- Ca'S Curial is a charming family estate converted into a nine room hotel. Beautiful, traditional, and a tad rustic, this is a wonderful spot amongst orange orchards close to Sóller. There's a pool and terrace for outdoor eating. And sorry kids, it's adult's only.
- The Hotel Salvia is another small, luxurious hotel, this time converted from a traditional, stone country house set among lush gardens and terraces. This time you're only allowed if you're 15 or over.
For a Family Beach Break
- The Hotel Esplendido is the best place to stay in Sóller for families! Perfect for beach holidays, this 74 room hotel is contemporary and attractive, with a private beach and an extensive spa and pool complex set among lush gardens. There's also an excellent restaurant and activities for the kids.
- If you want to stay somewhere that ticks ALL the boxes, the Jumeirah Port Sóller Hotel & Spa is for you. Large and beautifully designed with a traditional exterior, this hotel has everything. From an eye-catching infinity pool to an award-winning spa, restaurants and a kid’s club.
For a Rural Escape
- Cas Sant is a 13 room property surrounded by 600 orange trees and peaceful gardens. The decor is elegantly rustic with lots of beautiful original features, like four poster beds and stone fireplaces, and there are two pools and a sunny terrace.
- Ca's Xorc is a beautiful, 13 room finca set in the foothills of the Sierra de Tramuntana above a picturesque coastline. The finca has a collection of rooms and suites with white washed walls and pretty art. There's also a fabulous Mediterranean restaurant which takes full advantage of the wonderful views and the finca's sprawling terraces.
- The Finca Ca N'Ai B&B is a tiny finca just a short drive from Sóller offering peace and quiet in total comfort. There's a lovely pool and this is a great spot for walkers.
- Can Quatre is a typically Mallorca house in the Sóller Valley with wonderful views of the Tramuntana mountains. The decor is rustic but refined and there are ten spacious bedrooms and a peaceful sun terrace where they serve a Continental breakfast.
For Great Value
- The Hotel L'Avenida is a chic, contemporary hotel in a former mansion house with a relaxed vibe. There are just 12 rooms, starting from around £105 per night, and no kids under 14. You’re within a short walk of Sóller’s best cafes.
For an Apartment or Villa
- If you’d prefer to stay in a seaside apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- Palma airport is around 20miles from Sóller - which is around 40minutes in a taxi or private transfer vehicle. Port Sóller is another 4kms after that. There are a lot of taxis waiting outside the airport, but if you’re travelling at peak times you might have to queue.
- Cruise ships arrive at Port de Palma, which is just west of Palma, and you’re about eight hours from mainland Spain via ferry, and four hours from Ibiza.
- If you want to hire a car - which we highly recommend if you’re staying in Sóller- we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars. It’s possible to arrive via bus, but you need to go into Palma de Mallorca first and change.
- Mallorca’s climate is typically Mediterranean, with hot, dry summers and mild winters. Its central mountains mean there’s some variation across the island - mostly dependant on how much wind you’re getting - but generally speaking you’re getting sunshine and 19°C+ between April and November, and the ‘beach holiday season’ runs between May and October. Autumn is probably best avoided because this is when the island gets most of its rain, and it can be very heavy, though winter is great for a walking holiday or a bit of winter sunshine. The best time to go is probably late spring, but purely because it’s a bit quieter and the almond blossom is out.
Still not sure which to book?
Best Hotels in Sóller
Ca'S Curial 14 rooms from £171Sóller, Mallorca
A family run agroturismo surrounded by mountains. Rooms in rustic Majorcan style, with antiques and great views amongst orange groves. A gorgeous swimming pool to while away the day by and dining under the stars. The surrounding area provides a host of outdoor pursuits. A lovely rural escape.Country Escape - An oasis of calm set in beautiful fragrant gardens and orange groves with the Tramuntana Mountains as a striking background.Great walks - Wonderful rugged hikes starting from the hotel, ask at the front desk for details.Sailing - The hotel will help you charter a boat to explore the coastline.Restrictions on children - This is an adults only hotel.Recommended by - Sawdays
Hotel L'Avenida 12 rooms from £107Sóller, Mallorca
Chic boutique in a former mansion house, with elegant contemporary styling and a relaxed atmosphere. Ideal location in Soller, within walking distance of many of the charming cafes. Sun yourself by the courtyard pool or on one of the beaches. The perfect choice for groups.Local exploring - A perfect spot from which to access Soller's quaint streets by foot and just a short ride to the port and beach.Groups - This ultra chic mansion is available as an exclusive rental, ideal for a glamourous group break.Sights nearby - Visit Palma's art galleries, cathedral and boutiques.Restrictions on children - No children under 14.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Kiwi Collection
Hotel Salvia 7 rooms from £140Sóller, Mallorca
Timelessness and luxurious elegance in the heart of old Sóller. A traditional stone country house with grand rooms, luscious gardens, sprawling terraces and an excellent table d'hote. A romantic spot not far from the beach, set amid beautiful scenery.Romantic Break - An elegant 18th century hideaway with carefully choosen antique furnishings, spectacular mountain views and lush gardens.Local exploring - A tranquil hotel, surprisingly set in the heart of the ancient town of Soller, amidst winding lanes and cobbled streets.Great walks - Explore the narrow lanes of Soller, winding down towards the main square and the church of St. Bartholomew.Sights nearby - Visit the pretty villages of Deia, Valledomossa, Fornalutx and Biniaraitx.Recommended by - I Escape
Ca's Xorc 15 rooms from £184Carretera de Deia, Mallorca
A truly special boutique hotel in a stunning location between Soller and Deia with far reaching panoramic views from sprawling terraces. Lovely airy rooms, fabulous food, charming staff and a gorgeous infinity pool make it hard to beat. Gourmet, romantic, and perfect for a wedding.Views - Panoramic views from the terrace of both sea and mountainsFoodies - Fabulous Mediterranean restaurant.HoneymoonsRomantic BreakRecommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
Can Quatre 10 rooms from £158Sóller
A typical Mallorcan house in the Soller Valley with views of the Tramuntana mountains. Can Quatre offers guests refined rustic bedrooms, spacious suites, massage treatments and a peaceful sun terrace. Continental breakfasts on the outdoor veranda and a small BBQ area.Hideaway - An typical Mallorcan villa in the Sóller Valley offering peaceful gardens and massage treatments.Kayaking - Canoe hire availableFishing - Playa d'en RepicViews - Great views from hotel
Finca Ca N'Ai B&B 11 rooms from £150Soller, Mallorca
A gorgeous country property in rugged and serene surrounds just outside Sóller. Traditional styled suites with lovely terraces. Delicious Mediterranean cuisine makes the most of local produce. A lovely place to hideaway from the world yet conveniently placed for local exploring.Hideaway - A wonderfully romantic and tranquil adult only hideaway set in beautiful rugged countryside ringed by the Tramuntana mountains.Sailing - Rent a motorboat from Puerto de Sóller just 3km from the property.Great walks - Trekking routes can be joined directly from the hotel.Restrictions on children - Adults only establishment (16+).
Cas Sant 13 rooms from £190Sóller, Mallorca
Set in the beautiful valley of Sóller, CasSant is surrounded by orange trees and a peaceful garden with two swimming pools. Rustic bedrooms with wooden beams, stone fire places and four poster beds. Breakfasts can be enjoyed on the outdoor terrace and packed lunches are available for days exploring.Hideaway - Set among 600 orange trees with a beautiful garden, two swimming pools and airy bedrooms.Kayaking - Tramuntana ToursFishing - Playa d'en RepicDiving - Soller Diving
Hotel Esplendido 80 rooms from £140Soller, Mallorca
A stylishly retro hotel catering to both couples and families with kids. Attractive rooms and suites with vintage touches, plus two outdoor pools, spa facilities, sea-facing terraces, and excellent bistro dining.Views - Great views from hotelSpa breaksBeach LifeFamiliesRecommended by - I Escape