- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Ubeda
Úbeda, and its little sister Baeza, are known for their beautifully preserved Renaissance architecture which is huddled together in particularly charming old town centres. This is is where you'll find some of the best places to stay in Úbeda. Once inside its lovely heart you can look out over the wonderful views of surrounding olive groves.
Ubeda is the capital of the Jaen region and home to the local hospital and university. There are 48 monuments and over a hundred of what UNESCO calls 'buildings of interest'. Úbeda is a small city to explore and you can see well beyond the old town on foot.
The most impressive architecture, the Sacra Capilla del Salvador (chapel) and the palaces of Vazquez de Molina and Vela de los Cobo can be found not far from the main square, the Plaza 1. But don't get too distracted by the beautiful heart and forget to stroll out to the Casa Museo Art Andalusi, a wonderful private museum and regular flamenco venue.
Úbeda is particularly lovely in the summer when the annual music and dance festival hits town and there's literally music in the warm air.
As well as splendid monuments, Úbeda has a wonderful collection of tapas bars and restaurants, lovely boutiques - especially antiques - and is well known for traditional pottery.
What not to miss:
- Ubeda has over a hundred of what UNESCO calls 'buildings of interest'. The city is small so put on your walking shoes and get exploring.
- Visit the fascinating private collection at Casa Museo Art Andalusi.
- Catch a lively flamenco performance.
- Sample the local cuisine in the many tapas bars and restaurants.
Some of the best places to stay in Úbeda can be found right in the thick of everything, while some are dotted about amongst the olive groves.
Best places to stay in Úbeda
For central location
- The Palacio de la Rambla is a beautifully preserved 16th Century palace in a secluded setting, converted into a maison d'hôte worthy of royalty. Though the royals in question would need to be friendly, as these eight rooms, decorated with beautiful antiques are set around a cloistered courtyard - great for couples. The public areas are designed to be relaxing and shared.
For an apartment
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- The nearest major airport is Federico García Lorca Granada-Jaén Airport (GRX / LEGR). This airport has international and domestic flights from Granada, Spain and is 150 km from the centre of Ubeda. By train, travel to Linares-Baeza station, 26 Km away from Úbeda.
- Best time to visit - Ubeda has an extreme climate with cold winters and very hot summers. The most temperate time to visit is in late Spring and early Autumn (May and October).
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos for the best prices.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Ubeda
Palacio de Ubeda 37 rooms from $169Ubeda
The Palacio de Ubeda is a stunning hotel in the heart of Ubeda. There's luxury at every turn in this renovated palace with plush rooms, a deluxe spa and a superb restaurant. Perfect for a romantic weekend away in this charming Andalucian town.Great walks - Go for wonderful city walks through the UNESCO World Heritage Site old town.Sights nearby - Visit the magnificent Vázquez de Molina Square, the town's centrepiece.Local markets - Browse Ubeda's bustling local markets.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
Hotel Puerta de la Luna 44 rooms from $113Ubeda (Baeza)
Nestled in the small town of Baeza in Southern Spain, Hotel Puerta de la Luna has been created from a 17th century townhouse. Beautifully designed bedrooms offer fresh light modern interiors with historic Spanish touches. Relax by the pool or explore the local delights.Local exploringSights nearby - Just a stone's throw from Baeza cathedralGreat walks - Good for walkers.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Palacio de la Rambla 8 rooms from $151Ubeda
Well-preserved 16th-century palace, now a wonderfully aristocratic maison d'hote. Secluded setting, centred on a cloistered courtyard, furnished with family antiques. Large baronial bedrooms with tasteful decor such as draped fourposter beds and fine wooden wardrobes. An enchanting couples retreat.Romantic Break - Renaissance style palace with beautiful courtyard garden and charming antique filled suites ideal for a romantic break.Great walks - Wander the UNESCO World Heritage Site of central Úbeda, filled with historic buildings and churches.Sights nearby - Visit the Plaza de Molina Square, a typical example of Renaissance architecture.Full of character