Search the best hotels in Valencia
A dynamic seaside city famed for its oranges and paella, Valencia is a fabulous city break destination. The city thrums with life, and has a hugely vibrant cultural and foodie scene, reflecting its history as a key trading port as well as the flavoursome bounty the Mediterranean coast. Whether you’re thinking of a fun-filled family beach holiday or a heritage-focused city trip, you’ll find a great selection of hotels on our list of the best places to stay in Valencia.
Spain’s third-largest city, Valencia boasts a fascinating blend of architectural styles, best appreciated as you amble around town. The imposing Cathedral de Valencia, for instance, was built over a mosque when the city was reconquered in the early 13th Century, and now marks the buzzing old centre of the city. La Lonja, once the silk exchange, is gorgeous, as is the recently restored Iglesia de San Nicolas. Delve into the region's history at the Museo del Patriarca or the Museo de Bellas Artes. Perhaps most astonishing, however, is the super-modern City of Arts and Sciences. Constructed atop the former Turia riverbed — redirected decades ago as part of an ambitious city planning effort — this is a fantastic example of Valencia’s innovative spirit.
Don’t miss the enormous covered market, where you’ll find a tantalising array of produce from the Valencia's market gardens and further afield, set under a Modernista roof. The Mediterranean beaches at the city’s edge are also brilliant for families and keen sunbathers. Temperatures are high during the summer months, so we’d suggest visiting the best places to stay in Valencia during the spring or autumn for slightly cooler climes.
The Best Places to Stay in Valencia
For Urban Luxury
- Hospes Palau de la Mar, in the heart of the hip L'Eixample district, offers chic, minimalist interiors set behind the imposing façade of a former palace. A luxurious five-star stay complete with gourmet fare and a superb spa.
- Caro Hotel is a fabulous fusion of old and new. Set within a 19th-century residence in the old town, the hotel has been transformed by Francesc Rifé into a cool, contemporary space offering an indulgent experience. Sip cocktails on the lively rooftop terrace and savour Mediterranean cuisine in style.
For a Seaside Stay
- Hotel Balandret is a stylish, modern property overlooking popular Las Arenas beach. Elegant rooms are clad in white and light blue tones, with floor-to-ceiling windows framing ocean views. The terrace restaurant promises cold beer and mouth-watering paella. Brilliant for romantic couples as well as families hoping to hit the beach.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Valencia Airport, and travel into the city by bus or taxi. You'll also find high-speed trains from Spanish cities -- such as Barcelona -- to Valencia.
- The Valencia region is wonderful for a road trip, particularly during the summer months! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel in the spring or autumn months for sunshine. The Fallas de San José, in March, is the busiest time of year in the city. Summers can be very hot, with temperatures averaging at over 30°C in July and August, which isn't ideal for exploring.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Altea.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Valencia region.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Valencia
Best Hotels in Valencia
Hotel Balandret Valencia 21 rooms from £94Families - With a kids club and excellent multi-person suites, it's ideal for a family holiday to Valencia.Beach Life - A stunning beach-chic proerty standing right on the seafront of Las Arenas Beach.Great walks - Lovely walking in the nearby Jardí de Túria Gardens.Sights nearby - Visit the fabulous Covento de Santo Domingo.
Hotel Caro Valencia 26 rooms from £120Sights nearby - Five minutes walk from Basilica de la Virgen de los Desamparados, Barrio del Carmen and Valencia Cathedral.Great walks - Take a magnificent walk through the UNESCO World Heritage Site Old Town of Valencia.Restaurant - Recommended.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Hospes Palau de la Mar Valencia 60 rooms from £141ElegantOutstanding locationCity StyleChicRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Frommers, Michelin Travel