- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Valencia
Famous for oranges, being the home of paella and some truly stunning modern architecture, Valencia is a fantastic place to head to if you want to get away for a couple of days. There's a dynamism here which re-energises. It's vibrant enough to be mildly chaotic, yet there's plenty of peace and beauty as well. Our selection of the best places to stay in Valencia are mainly situated in the heart of the town, close to all that it has to offer.
What not to miss:
- Some of Valencia's energy is due to the massive construction projects undertaken here in the last ten years. Even if you don't have an aptitude for maths or science yourself, a visit to the City of Arts and Sciences will leave you with a very healthy respect for what man can create.
- Just look at the curves on the Palacio de las Artes - that's calculus. Numbers transformed into beauty. All this makes Valencia a really fascinating destination.
- This area is also where you can find many of the more modern museums.
- As well as profiling the modern, Valencia also presents the historic in its best light. Valencia's old town has plenty of charm - this was once the capital of a kingdom. The old centre, the Barri del Carme, around the Cathedral, is where you can see the colourful mix of old and new.
- The Cathedral itself is a hotchpotch of Gothic, Baroque and Romanesque extravagance! This is a great area to visit both day and night.
- Though the locals tend to underplay it, Valencia is also right on the Med with miles of beach just a short trip from the centre of town.
Valencia is very much a city that mixes the old with the new and our selection of the best places to stay in Valencia reflect that combination.
The Best Places to Stay in Valencia
City Break Valencia
- If your tastes lead toward the luxurious, one of the best places to stay in Valencia is the Hospes Palau de la Mar, a restored palace in the heart of the stylish L'Eixample district.
- Also luxurious, but with a very modern design twist, the Caro Hotel is another sleek city break spot. Converted from a townhouse in the heart of the old town, Caro has an excellent Mediterranean restaurant and a lively roof terrace.
By the Sea
- If you're here to relax, Mas de Canicatti is for you. This converted farmhouse just outside Valencia is now a beautifully modern spa hotel putting you right in amongst the oranges with spectacular views.
- Looking out over Las Arenas Beach, Hotel Balandret is a stylish modern hotel. With elegant rooms that offer lovely sea views, this hotel is perfectly designed for a relaxing weekend in Valencia.
For a rural escape
- El Jardin Vertical is perfect for those looking for somewhere quiet to retreat to after day trips to Valencia. The hotel is awash with rustic charm and features excellent rooms and a superb restaurant. Set amidst glorious green valleys, it's a rural idyll.
For an apartment or villa
- Browse the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- For international flyers, people want to head for Valencia Airport.
- For those interested in hiring a car, visit our online partner Holiday Autos.
- Valencia is sluggish with the heat by August, but beautiful and sunny in September and October. But the best time of year to visit is Spring - for the famous Fallas de San Jose, when the city really opens up.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Valencia
Hotel Balandret 21 rooms from $123Valencia
A stylish modern hotel facing onto Las Arenas Beach in Valencia. The elegant rooms are comfortable and spacious with many offering excellent Mediterranean sea vistas. Well suited to families with young children.Families - With a kids club and excellent multi-person suites, it's ideal for a family holiday to Valencia.Beach Life - A stunning beach-chic proerty standing right on the seafront of Las Arenas Beach.Great walks - Lovely walking in the nearby Jardí de Túria Gardens.Sights nearby - Visit the fabulous Covento de Santo Domingo.
El Jardin Vertical 8 rooms from $131Valencia (Vilafamés)
A completely charming little hotel set in a hilltop village overlooking green valleys and red tiled roof tops. Selection of rooms, suites and family suites, all traditional but chic with DVD players. Excellent traditional restaurant and good wine list, ivy-clad terraces, and stunning views.Views - Wonderful views over rooftops and valleys.Outstanding location - A charming hilltop village of flowers and red tiled roofs.Sights nearby - Church of Santo Tomas and Teatre Municipal de Benicassim.Great walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Sawdays
Hotel Caro 26 rooms from $156Valencia
Designed by Francesc Rifé, Hotel Caro is a stunning hotel in the heart of Valencia. Housed in a 19th century palace, the design mixes historic features with a chic modern aesthetic. With central Valencia on the doorstep, it's a perfect for a romantic city break.Sights nearby - Five minutes walk from Basilica de la Virgen de los Desamparados, Barrio del Carmen and Valencia Cathedral.Great walks - Take a magnificent walk through the UNESCO World Heritage Site Old Town of Valencia.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Romantic - Good for couples.
Caro Hotel 26 rooms from $170Valencia, Costa Blanca
A Five Star luxury boutique in old town Valencia. Enormous neutral rooms and mezzanines with sumptuous beds and sky light windows. An excellent Mediterranean restaurant and lively roof top terrace bar. A sleek and stylish spot.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Romantic BreakCity StyleSights nearby - In the heart of the old town close to the Cathedral and Turia gardens
Hospes Palau de la Mar 60 rooms from $185Valencia
This restored palace nestles in the pulse of the city - in the swish L'Eixample district. It provides an oasis of calm - spa relaxation and gourmet delights - with its immaculately chic furnishings. True city style and pampering in an outstanding location.CityPalaceChicElegantRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Frommers