- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Valladolid
Valladolid is one of the main cities in the Castile-Leon region, and considered a traveller's gateway to Northern Spain. It has a particularly Spanish look to it, which helps endear it to travellers, and there's enough interesting architecture, museums and nightlife to warrant several nights stay.
What Not To Miss
- The Museo Nacional de Escultura houses a fascinating collection of sculpture - ranging all the way from the Middle Ages to the Baroque period. Set in a wonderfully historic building, this spot is brimming with cultural splendour.
- If you're into your architecture then be sure to pass by the beautiful 17th century Iglesia de San Pablo, the Academia de Caballeria, the Palacio de Santa Cruz or the Plaza Mayor de Valladolid.
- Take a break from sightseeing to wander around the Campo Grande, a lovely park in the centre of town filled with a number of peacocks, ducks, geese and other birds. Bring along a picnic and enjoy a few hours relaxing in the sun.
Many of the very best places to stay in Valladolid will appeal to foodies, but if you don’t mind staying outside the city then our Guru’s list offers a real treat for those who take their food and wine travel seriously.
For A Country Escape
- The Abadia Retuerta Le Domaine is a beautifully restored 12th century abbey with 30 luxurious rooms overlooking a winery and a courtyard garden. Inside the vaulted chapel there’s a gourmet restaurant, which also offers wine tastings. Butler service included.
For An Apartment Or Villa
If you think you'd prefer a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Valladolid's obviously nicest weather-wise in the summer, with the average temperature rising to 22°C in July and August.
- However, this is peak tourist season, so if you fancy a quieter and cheaper alternative then consider visiting in September instead. The weather's still lovely enough to enjoy sightseeing.
- International visitors can fly into Valladolid Airport, located 10km northwest of the city in Villanubla. From the airport, hop on a shuttle bus to the centre of town.
- However, there are unfortunately no direct flights from the UK. You can always fly to Madrid-Bajaras Airport before hopping on the high speed AVE train that gets you to Valladolid in less than an hour.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Valladolid
Abadia Retuerta Le Domaine 30 rooms from £325Valladolid
An elegantly restored 12th Century abbey offering guests stunning views of the winery, a courtyard garden and a superb gourmet restaurant inside the old vaulted-ceilinged chapel. Rooms are luxurious and packed with fine details including butler service. A luxury treat for foodies and wine lovers.Foodies - Refectorio restaurant has one michelin starWine tasting - Wine Tasting at the HotelLuxurySpa - Santuario LeDomaine provides holisitc wellness and healing treatmentsRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux