- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Salamanca
Salamanca is a magical city of golden sandstone buildings in grandiose Renaissance style. Almost mythical when bathed in the light of dawn or sunset and there are a myriad of perfect vantage points. Full of monumental plazas or tiny squares from which to appreciatethe architecture. Many of the best places to stay in Salamanca are historic old dames, but the city's large and cosmopolitan student population keeps things lively and the accommodation options are varied.
Not to miss
- Salamanca's warm, glowing stone was quarried just outside town and proved an inspiration for the architects responsible for Salamanca's beating heart - the huge Plaza Mayor.
- Drop in on both the old and new cathedrals
- Don't miss the wonderful 15th Century House of Shells, decorated with 350 sandstone shells.
- This city boasts many lovely buildings, most notably the Universidad Civil - one of the most impressive university buildings in the world.
For those who appreciate architectural beauty and a wealth of historical charm, Salamanca is a great fit. Our selection of the best places to stay in Salamanca are all superb launchpads for exploring this delightful city.
For the historic city centre
- The Hotel Rector is a sophisticated hotel in the heart of the city. There are just 13 large, carefully decorated rooms, a quiet bar and excellent service. It is situated in a great location.
- The Grand Hotel Don Gregorio is a five star boutique hotel in the centre of Salamanca. Historic on the outside, yet contemporary on the inside. This hotel is opulent and romantic with a full spa, chic bar and gourmet restaurant.
For a country escape
- The Hacienda Zorita Wine Hotel & Spa is an elegant hacienda hotel converted from a 700 year old monastery. Surrounded by vineyards and right by the River Tomes these thick stone walls and monastic bedrooms have been transformed but the tranquil garden remains. There is also a vast cellar and the restaurant is run by a Michelin-starred chef.
For excellent value
- Some of the 35 rooms in the Real Fuerte de la Concepcion, a military fortress turned elegant luxury hotel, are available for around £65 per night. For that you get a beautiful inner courtyard and garden, an in-house restaurant which spills out under the stars when it can, and a definite feel of romance.
- The Castillo del Buen Amor is a beautiful castle set amongst its own vineyards and stunning grounds. Just eight rooms and suites, which feel traditional and romantic, plus a lovely pool and an excellent restaurant. It is family friendly too.
For a private apartment or villa
- If your looking for something a bit more private, we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Salamanca Airport accepts regional flights from around Spain but for international flyers, Valladolid (80 miles) is the best option.
- For those looking for car hire, we recommend visiting our online partners Rentalcars.
- The summer can be very hot in Salamanca, so we recommend visiting either in the spring or autumn.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Salamanca
Castillo del buen Amor 8 rooms from £79Salamanca (Km.317)
A beautiful castle with its own vineyards set in stunning grounds. Traditional romantic rooms and suites have antique furniture, paintings, and lots of space. Excellent traditional restaurant, wine tasting, and a swimming pool. Good value, romantic, and family friendly.Romantic BreakSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorGreat walks - Good for walkers.Fishing - Excellent fishing nearby.
Grand Hotel Don Gregorio 17 rooms from £192Salamanca
5* city centre boutique hotel. Contemporary rooms have four poster beds, dark wood floors and gorgeous bathrooms. Full spa with small indoor pool. Gourmet cuisine in the romantic restaurant, and chic bar. Opulent, luxurious and slick.City Style - Walking distance from the historic cathedrals, with utter peace indoors with the spa, 5* service and elegant roomsGreat walks - In Huerto de Calixto and Melibea gardensSights nearby - Plaza MayorSpa
Hotel Rector 13 rooms from £175Salamanca
Sophisticated city centre hotel. Large rooms feature cream and gold furnishings, writing tables and embroidered linen. Quiet bar to enjoy after sightseeing. Excellent service, outstanding location and effortlessly chic interiors.City Style - Hotel can provide superb, personalised advice on the historic city, and this is a sublime base to which to return toSights nearby - San Esteban Convent and Old Cathedral of SalamancaRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet, Sawdays
Hacienda Zorita Wine Hotel & Spa 40 rooms from £121Salamanca (Valverdón)
Traditionally elegant hacienda hotel in a 700 year old monastery, located on the River Tormes and overlooking magnificent vineyards. Thick stone walls, monastic bedrooms, exposed oak beams and secluded swimming pools in a tranquil garden. A vast cellar and delicious food.Wine tasting - Taste the fabulous wines which are produced on the estate. You are in the heart of the Duero ValleyFoodies - The restaurant is headed up by Michelin-starred chef Victor GutiérrezSights nearby - The historic city of SalamancaSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Tablet