The Hotel Guru is my “go to” site for hotel recommendations Rebecca Terrazas.
Search the best hotels in Adelboden
Nestling in the Bernese Alps, in the belly of the Wildstrubel, lies Adelboden. Both a haven for hikers and skiers, it is a charming family-orientated Alpine village with 300km of well-trod hiking trails and a piste network extending some 210km. With many fantastic hotels, hearty gourmet restaurants, spoiling spa facilities and a sublime landscape of waterfalls and mountains, it offers holidaymakers the chance to really get back to nature and unwind. The best places to stay in Adelboden tend to have easy access to all there is on offer.
Adelboden is the regular host of the FIS Ski World Cup every January and it is easy to see why. In winter, the snowy slopes open up a huge network of pistes plus cross-country skiing routes, tobogganing runs and its very own freeride arena. Professionals and amateurs alike adore Adelboden for its variety, not to mention the wealth of restaurants and bars peppering each slope. For those planning a trip in March, the annual Igloo Festival takes place on the slopes above the village, when igloo-enthusiasts build a unique village made of ice.
It is during the summer, however, that Adelboden's sheer beauty unfolds. When the snow recedes and the cows are led up the steep mountain paths to their summer pastures, the Alpine world takes on an entirely different form. The green valleys beam with red and blue flowers and the village becomes a mecca for hikers. This isn't surprising, considering the mass of waterfalls, gorges and incredible views that the area has to offer.
What not to miss
- The winter sports: Adelboden has a piste network spanning 210km, full of a variety of ski runs, cross country trails and areas for freeriding and tobogganing.
- The Swiss Chamber Music Festival takes place between September and October, full of choral and classical music - it a must-see.
- For a fun day out in the summer, check out the Hoi Turm, a climbing tower that's popular with kids and one of the largest of its kind in Switzerland.
- There are 300km of well-groomed hiking trails above and round Adelboden (one of which is wheelchair-accessible), and several cycling routes too. For a day-trip, walk to the Engstligen Falls - two waterfalls cascading from a 600m altitude.
- For truly sublime panoramic views, take a cable car to the top of Schwandfeldspitz, which is 2025m above sea level.
Unsurprisingly this is a popular spot, particularly during the school holidays, so in order to ensure a spot at one of the best places to stay in Adelboden, we suggest you book well in advance.
The best places to stay in Adelboden
For alpine charm
- Adler Adelboden is ideal for families, this traditional chalet-style hotel offers warm and rustic rooms, complete with a lounge centred around a roaring fireplace and a restaurant serving hearty local fare. There are two swimming pools and a games room - enough to keep the kids distracted!
For a spa break
- Hotel Bristol is a charming hotel ideal for a tranquil stay, it has traditional Alpine rooms decorated with exposed pine and they all come with balconies. There is a large and varied spa, including a bio sauna, and an outdoor jacuzzi. In addition, they have a restaurant serving great regional cuisine.
- Offering chic contemporary style, fabulous views, a central location and an extensive spa The Cambrian is hard to top.
- The Bellevue Parkhotel & Spa is a luxurious spot. Boasting a wellness centre, spa and indoor pool they have everything one could need for unwinding post a day spent in the mountains.
For an apartment or chalet
- For something more private we suggest you search through the listings on our partner Booking.com's website which has a wide range of chalets and apartments in the nearby area.
- Fly on to Basel, where you can get a train to Spiez and then change for Frutigen, where you can get a bus to Adelboden.
- If you would rather have your own transport we suggest you contact our partner Rentalcars.
- During the summer, the temperature darts between 10 and 22 degrees while during the winter it falls between 4 and 0 degrees. The best time to go depends on your preferred outdoor activity.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the nearby resorts of Wengen and Murren.
- Browse through all our properties in Switzerland.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Adelboden
Hotel Bristol, Adelboden Adelboden 31 rooms from £110
A quiet and comforting hotel in the heart of the Bernese Oberland. Spacious and warming rooms are traditionally alpine with plenty of exposed pine and provide panoramic views. The restaurant serves regional cuisine, and its bio sauna and massage therapies offer pampering for weary limbs.Rooms with balcony/terrace - Most rooms have a balcony for admiring the fabulous mountain viewsSkiing - A 100m walk to the Tschentenalp ski lift.Spa - "Aqua Live" wellness oasis with steam bath, a bio sauna, an adventure shower & outdoor jacuzzi tubsGreat walks - Wonderful mountain paths to explore when the snows melt
Adler Adelboden Adelboden 43 rooms from £149
An impressive traditional style chalet. Rustic style rooms and a lounge featuring an open fire place give a cosy feel. Entertainment is a-plenty with two pools, a games room and a spa with Kneipp treatments. Homely swiss food is on offer at the restaurant. Ideal for families.Swimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor. Both open year roundViews - Stunning mountain viewsRemote - Off the beaten track.Full of character
The Cambrian Adelboden 71 rooms from £189
In the pretty Swiss village of Adelboden in the Bernese Oberland, this contemporary chic hotel is the ultimate in comfort with warm hospitality. Stylish, luxurious, sunny bedrooms, all with views. Close to the slopes, gorgeous spa, nouvelle Alpine cuisine, cosy bar and log fires - Alpine blissSkiing - Walking distance to the lifts though you can take the hotel's shuttle bus for a feeSuites - All the bedrooms have wonderful mountain views, luxurious with every comfortSpa - One of Switzerland's top 20 wellness centres with magnificent spaRestaurant - New Alpine cuisine, mountain classics with a twistRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, I Escape
Bellevue Parkhotel & Spa Adelboden (Bernese Oberland) 53 rooms from £260
A stylish hotel in an outstanding mountain location. Rooms and suites are classic with a modern vibe, and picture windows allow epic views. Indoor pool plus spa and wellness centre on offer for aching muscles. Cuisine is highly regarded & inspired by local produce. An ideal mountain escape.Skiing - Adelboden has extensive ski roues and the hotel has ski storage and can organise lift passesActive Holiday - The surrounding mountains offer year round adventure be it hiking or skiingGreat walks - Endless hiking trials are waiting to be explored. The hotel even provides 'themed hikes' with local guidesSwimming Pool - Indoor and outdoor heated pools with awesome mountain views