Search the best hotels in Klosters
The secret of Klosters' popularity is that it remains firmly a delightful and unspoilt Swiss mountain village. Set in the Walliser Alps in the Graubünden region, Klosters has for years attracted royalty and wealthy Europeans. However, the best places to stay in Klosters are not necessarily very expensive. There are, of course, some very luxurious hotels but our hotel gurus have also picked out some charming properties ideal for families or those travelling on a tighter budget.
The train snakes its way through the village from Zurich to St Moritz with skiers clambering on and off in boots covered in fresh snow. The scenery is impressive with steep wooded mountainsides and high craggy mountains. Although the village is low at 1100m there is usually plenty of snow to be found, a terrific variety of pistes and some sensational backcountry to be explored. Charmingly, a third of the ski instructors are also farmers producing cheese and milk from Jersey cows amongst other more typical local breeds.
Some of the town's earliest hotels date back 145 years, there’s a good variety amongst the best places to stay in Klosters from the grand dames such as the Chesa Grishuna to the more affordable and unpretentious Hotel Wynegg. In common they share a love of good food (Klosters offers some very fine regional cuisine).
As with all popular ski resorts, the best places to stay in Klosters are very busy during the usual peak times (Christmas, New Year, February half term etc). So, unless you want to come during the quieter weeks (or the summer season) you'll have to get organised and plan early.
The best places to stay in Klosters
For great value
- Hotel Wynegg is a great value choice. It has a lively apres ski scene and the fondue Chinoise is the best in town. Doubles start from around €135 per night in the summer months.
- The Silvretta Parkhotel ticks all the right boxes for families: flexible accommodation, free childcare during the winter season and facilities for all.
- Try the Chesa Grischuna. This Kloster's legend offers alpine chic rooms and inventive cuisine in its highly regarded restaurant.
For the location
- With arguably the best location in town, the Hotel Alpina is perfect if you like to tumble out of bed straight onto the cable car. Service is very personal and the restaurant's pretty good too.
For nearby Davos
- Kessler's Kulm boasts an enviable location on the Wolfgang Pass. The rooms are simple but stylish, with wonderful views of the area, and there's a lovely sauna in which to relax after a long day skiing.
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- International visitors can fly into Zurich Airport before taking the train down to Klosters - this should take around three hours.
- If you're here to ski then you'll want to visit between December and March. On the other hand, if you fancy spending your holiday hiking around the area then come in the summer months.
- It's never exactly warm, however, July and August are the hottest months - though the average temperature only reaches around 12°C.
- If you want to see more of the surrounding area then consider renting a car with Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Klosters.
- Widen the net to include all our recommendations in Graubünden.
- Or, feel free to contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Klosters
Best Hotels in Klosters
Hotel Wynegg Klosters 14 rooms from £117SkiingRestaurant - Seasonal and local specialitiesGreat walks - During the summer monthsTraditional
The legendary Wynegg, owned by the Guler family since 1887 is under new ownership. Ruth Guler finally handed the reins over to three local young men. The fondue Chinoise is still as good, and the bar and restaurants are packed. Rooms are comforatable and traditional. Great value and great fun! See More
Silvretta Park Hotel Klosters 93 rooms from £160Skiing - 5 mins walk to the Parsenn cable carKids Club - Free childcare is offered during the winter months for kids from 3-12Spa - Beauty spa with hot tub and saunaRestaurant - Four restaurants to choose from
Best for families, this lovely four-star, family-run hotel was a landmark when it was built in 1870 and is still the largest hotel in Klosters. Well placed in the middle of Klosters over looking the river and mountains. Great facilities for all ages & only five mins to the cable car. See More
Hotel Chesa Grischuna Klosters 12 rooms from £175Skiing - A few steps away from the Parsenn cable carTraditionalGreat walks - Good for walkers.Restaurant - Recommended.
Hotel Alpina, Klosters Klosters 45 rooms from £270SkiingActive HolidayRestaurant - Two restaurants one serving local specialities the other a gourmet treat.Spa - Spa and wellness centre for a wide range of treatments and massages.