Search the best hotels in St Moritz
About St Moritz
St. Moritz is one of the world's best winter sports destinations. Set around a spectacular azure lake, it is unsurprising that this scenic spot has become the playground of the rich. The best places to stay in St. Moritz undoubtedly come with a price tag, especially if you are looking for a ski-in-ski-out hotel. However, the luxury hotels are arguably some of the best in the world. For those on a tighter budget, there are, in fact, a range of charming small boutiques in the surrounding villages.
The ski resort has an abundance of runs (over 350kms) from death-defying blacks to gentle nursery slopes. Meanwhile, there’s plenty of fun to be had off the slopes too, from hiking in the summer, sledging or even curling. St. Moritz is also renowned for its Cresta Run - the world's only natural skeleton course. Within the scenic town, visitors will find restaurants and boutiques that rival those of any capital and then, of course, there’s the renowned nightlife!
As you'd expect most of the best places to stay in St Moritz are exceptionally busy during the peak winter months and are often booked up a year in advance. However, you'll need to plan ahead for the summer too - it's a very popular spot.
The best places to stay in St Moritz
For access to the pistes
- Nira Alpina is an unpretentious, but stylish, ski hotel with a wellness centre and easy access to the slopes. Each room has its own private balcony with breathtaking views, and there's a fantastic restaurant.
- Hotel Restaurant Corvatrch is a charming family-run hotel boasting an excellent location close to the ski lift. Interiors are reassuringly traditional and the restaurant serves regional cuisine.
- Hotel Nolda is a charming mountain lodge with an excellent piste-side location. Cosy rooms are traditional in style and boast fabulous views. With both a spa and a four-course menu each evening this is an indulgent stay.
- Hotel Hauser is a friendly, family-run hotel in central St Moritz. Contemporary rooms are spacious. There's an excellent restaurant serving a Jazz brunch and dinners include hot stone slab cooking at your table. Close to ski lifts.
Just out of town
- Giardino Mountain is in a great spot in the centre of Champfèr, just across from St. Moritz. The hotel has 74 rooms, done in a modern style, which is a nice contrast to the traditional chalet-style exterior. There's a pool, spa and hammam to wind down in after your days on the slopes.
- Hotel Chesa Spuondas is a charming chalet, in a picturesque spot just outside St Moritz. Rooms are traditional and there's an elegant reception room complete with cosy fires. A laid-back spot.
- Hotel Waldhaus am See is a charming alpine lodge with an enviable lakeside position. The simple traditionally styled rooms benefit from epic views. Regional cuisine is served in the light filled elegant restaurant, and the whisky and wine selection are particularly noteworthy.
- Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains is a magnificent five-star hotel set amidst the stunning landscape of Saint Moritz. With every detail catered towards luxury, the Kempinski delivers plush rooms and an outstanding Michelin starred restaurant. With ski-to-door access it's perfect for a lavish skiing trip.
- Carlton Hotel is an award winning hotel and spa housing a Michelin starred restaurant. This classic hotel has been attracting the rich and famous since opening in 1912. A tough one to beat!
For a spa
- Giardino Mountain is a great location near to St Moritz in the centre of Champfèr. Clean interior design contrasts well with the traditional Engadine style exterior. A warm, relaxed atmosphere with indoor pool and spa, the perfect place to unwind after a day skiing.
- Hotel Bellavista is a luxurious ski chalet overlooking Lake Silvaplana. Gorgeous guestrooms have beamed ceilings, wooden floors and modern, stone bathrooms. Pick this property for the saunas, steamrooms and massages available in the large spa.
- Badrutt's Palace Hotel offers five-star luxury. Guestrooms are sumptuous with large bathrooms and a personalised butler service. Expect an indoor swimming pool, extensive spa, six restaurants, and three popular bars.
- Survetta House is a deluxe five-star hotel boasting luxurious rooms, an extensive spa, two gourmet restaurants and ski-to-door access. A magnificent alpine hotel.
- Kulm Hotel is an illustrious 19th century hotel defined by its style and luxury. Rooms are opulent and expansive. Relax in the hotel's lavish hydrotherapy spa after a long day's skiing or choose from five excellent restaurants for your evening meal.
For traditional style
- Hotel Restaurant Lej da Staz is a charming traditional property with gorgeous views of Staz Lake and the surrounding mountains. Quaint wood panelled rooms boast warm hues and winter motifs. A cosy restaurant serves up exemplary regional cuisine. Alpine perfection.
For an active stay
- The Steffani is a lively hotel, packed with entertainments in the centre of St. Moritz. Simple alpine chic rooms with balconies overlook the mountainside. When you're not on the slopes you can enjoy the plethora of facilities on offer including nightclub, bars, restaurant and spa.
For a boutique
Art boutique Hotel Monopol is a chic boutique hotel in a stunning location. Interiors are elegant, with contemporary furniture, modern art and plush bath tubs. Make the most of the spa area overlooking the valley, and the Mono restaurant serving authentic Italian cuisine.
- Hotel Crystal is an elegant choice in central St. Moritz. Rooms are traditionally dressed and there's a superb restaurant. For those travelling with children, there's babysitting services, family suites and plenty of on-site activities.
- For self-catering options we recommend you visit our online partner, Booking.com, where you'll find a wide range of options.
- The most scenic way to reach St Moritz is via the Glacier Express or the Bernina Express, which travel along a UNESCO World Heritage railway line. The nearest airport is Milan Bergamo (BGY) Airport which is 93 km away, however, Verona and Zurich are easy to travel from too.
- The best time to visit St Moritz for skiers is between December - March. For those who just want to soak in the beauty of the place or partake in summer pursuits, then plan your trip between June - August where temperatures reach 18 degrees.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in St. Moritz.
- Alternatively check out our recommendations in Klosters, Zermat, Wengen or Verbier.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in St Moritz
Best Hotels in St Moritz
Hotel Restaurant Corvatsch St Moritz 27 rooms from £130Foodies - The restaurant truly showcases the best of local cuisine, as well as Italian dishes and a range of bbq items.Country Escape - The hotel is a cosy and welcoming spot to return to after an active day on the slopes, lake or in the woods.Great walks - For those who find mountain treks daunting, take a relaxed stroll around the lake or through the woods.Fishing - Try your hand at fishing on the lake, a great activity for all ages.
A charming family-run hotel boasting an excellent location close to the ski lift. The traditionally styled rooms feature hand-carved furniture from the Engadine Valley and homely pine details. The locally renowned restaurant serves exquisite regional dishes, and barbecued specialities. See More
Hotel Chesa Spuondas St Moritz 17 rooms from £154Families - A family-friendly hotel complete with playground, baby-sitting facilities and acres of space to run-around in.Country Escape - A chic country retreat with a plethora of outdoor alpine activities in the surrounding area.Full of characterViews - Great views from hotel
Nira Alpina St Moritz (CH-7513 Silvaplana) from £184Rooms with balcony/terrace - Every room has at least a private patio with stunning views.FireplaceSpa - Steam room, sauna and whirlpool, cold waterfall.Kids Club - Fully staffed.
Quirky ski hotel which is suited for the well travelled, seeking something a bit different for their mountain holiday. Unpretentious style, but still has a wellness centre, easy access to ski slopes and fantastic restaurant. Every room comes with private patio and giant windows, with great views. See More
Hotel Nolda St Moritz 49 rooms from £170Active Holiday - From skiing to hiking there's plethora of activities to get involved in while soaking up the mountain views.Families - A child friendly hotel complete with family rooms and a multitude of activities to keep all entertained.TraditionalViews - Great views from hotel
A charming mountain lodge with an excellent piste-side location. Cosy rooms are traditional in style with pine clad walls, crisp white linen and fabulous views. Book half-board and dine on a four-course meal each evening. Spend some time unwinding in the modern spa. A has-it-all Alpine base. See More
Hotel Waldhaus am See St Moritz 50 rooms from £174Romantic Break - The ideal lakeside couples retreat, make the most of the epic views, cosy rooms and excellent food.Skiing - The Upper Engadine is famous for being the largest winter sports region in Switzerland.Views - Great views from hotelTraditional
A charming alpine lodge with an enviable lakeside position. The simple traditionally styled rooms benefit from epic views. Regional cuisine is served in the light filled elegant restaurant, and the whisky and wine selection are particularly noteworthy. Highly recommended. See More
Giardino Mountain St Moritz (CH-7512 Champfèr-St. Moritz) 74 rooms from £228Families - Giardino Mountain has a supervised kids club, and plenty of family-friendly accommodation.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Spa - Offering all types of massage and the option of a hammam.Swimming Pool - Indoor pool.
A great location near to St Moritz in the centre of Champfèr. Clean interior design contrasts well with the traditional Engadine style exterior. A warm, relaxed atmosphere with indoor pool and spa, the perfect place to unwind after a day skiing, enjoy true alpine style with flair. See More
Hotel Hauser St Moritz 51 rooms from £207Groups - Hotel's RooBar is a very popular après-ski choice, triple and family rooms big enough for your groupLocal markets - An excellent Christmas market takes place in the townGreat walks - Guided snowshoe walks around PontresinaViews - Great views from hotel
Hotel Restaurant Lej da Staz St Moritz 10 rooms from £210Back to Nature - A serene and peaceful retreat in the countryside by the idyllic Stazersee, overlooking St. Moritz and the valley.Active Holiday - Well located within St Moritz for easy access to the mountains and the abundance of activites they hold.Fishing - Fishing on the lake is a popular activity in the warmer months.Great walks - Take one of the many scenic trails through Staz woods.Recommended by - Frommers, Great Small Hotels
A charming traditional property with gorgeous views of Staz Lake and the surrounding mountains. Quaint wood panelled rooms boast warm hues and winter motifs. A cosy restaurant serves up exemplary regional cuisine. Dine with a view on the terrace during the summer months. Alpine perfection. See More
The Steffani St Moritz 61 rooms from £247Total relaxation - After a strenuous day out of doors, retreat to the spa, complete with sauna, steam bath, massage treatments and relaxation zone.Groups - Groups looking for a lively skiing holiday will enjoy this hotel with three bars and nightclub on sight.Tennis - Make the most of the hotels own private tennis court.Spa
A lively hotel, packed with entertainments in the centre of St. Moritz. Simple alpine chic rooms with balconies overlooking the mountainside. When your not on the slopes you can enjoy the plethora of facilities on offer, including three restaurants, three bars, a night club, and a spa area. See More
Art Boutique Hotel Monopol St Moritz (Via Maistra, 17) 73 rooms from £248Total relaxation - The hotel features a spa at the top floor with panoramic views, massages, sauna and hot tub- the ideal spot to unwind.Active Holiday - A haven for ski-ers and people who love outdoor activities such as hiking and biking.Great walks - Go hiking in the mountains to soak up the stunning views of the valleys.Traditional
A chic boutique hotel in a stunning location, with spectacular mountain views. Elegant interiors with contemporary furniture, modern art and plush bath tubs. Make the most of the spa area overlooking the valley, and the Mono restaurant serving authentic Italian cuisine. Stylish and comfortable. See More
Hotel Crystal St Moritz 74 rooms from £252Active Holiday - This hotel has ski-to-door access and in the summer you're within striking distance of plenty of cycling and hiking trails.Families - With family suites, loads of on site and outdoor activities and babysitting services it's the ideal family destination.Country Escape - Come winter or summer and enjoy the beauty of the Engadin valley, with a warm bed to retreat to at night.Skiing - St Moritz boasts many fantastic ski runs, and the hotel provides storage.
Hotel Bellavista St Moritz (Silvaplana) 31 rooms from £266Active Holiday - Ski-to-door facilities make this the perfect spot for your St Moritz breakLakeside - Overlooking Lake SilvaplanaViews - Great views from hotelGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Luxurious ski chalet hotel overlooking Lake Silvaplana. Gorgeous guestrooms have beamed ceilings, wooden floors and modern, stone bathrooms. Saunas, steamrooms and massages available in the large spa. Contemporary regional menu in the restaurant. Ski-to-door access for an effortless break. See More
Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains St Moritz 184 rooms from £310Foodies - Boasting a Michelin starred restaurants - purveyors of fine foods will loveActive Holiday - With ski-to-door access this is the ultimate place to stay for a ski breakTennis - Enjoy a game of tennis on the hotel's tennis courts.Great walks - Enjoy beautiful walks in the Engandine countryside.
Magnificent five-star hotel set amidst the stunning landscape of Saint Moritz. With every detail catered towards luxury, the Kempinski delivers plush rooms and an outstanding Michelin starred restaurant. With ski-to-door access it's perfect for a lavish skiing trip. A paradise on the slopes. See More
Badrutt's Palace Hotel St Moritz 157 rooms from £397Romantic Break - Luxurious surroundings, breathtaking views, personalised butler service - you'll be left wanting for nothingTennis - Courts on siteOpulentViews - Great views from hotel
Five star luxury in this famous hotel. Guestrooms are sumptuous with large bathrooms, lounges and personalised butler service. Indoor swimming pool, extensive spa, sun terrace alongside six restaurants, and three popular bars. A stunning and memorable stay. Spoil yourselves. See More
Suvretta House St Moritz 181 rooms from £591Great walks - Beautiful walking trails around the Suvretta-Corviglia region.Tennis - Hotel has its own private tennis courts on site.OpulentSpa
Kulm Hotel St Moritz 173 rooms from £523Foodies - Boasting not one but five gourmet restaurants this is the number one stays for foodiesKids Club - Marmotta Kids Club offers a huge range of activites both in summer and winter.OpulentSpa
An illustrious 19th century hotel defined by its style and luxury. Kulm Hotel's rooms are opulent and expansive, affording superb mountainscape views. Relax in the hotel's lavish hydrotherapy spa after a long days skiing or choose from five excellent restaurants for your evening meal. An alpine gem. See More
Carlton Hotel St Moritz 60 rooms from £800Skiing - This former Winter Olympics sight has some of the best runs in the worldLakeside - Overlooking Lake St. MoritzGreat walks - On the frozen Engadin lakesDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
Award winning hotel and Spa housing a Michelin starred restaurant, you can't beat The Carlton if staying in St. Moritz. This classic hotel has been attracting the rich and famous since opening in 1912. Rooms are all luxuriously decorated in a timeless fashion. You'll find it hard to hit the slopes! See More