- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Saas Fee
About Saas Fee
Until the 1950s the gorgeous amphitheatre of thirteen peaks and nine glaciers which surround Saas Fee kept out all but locals and their mules. The ring of peaks still keeps cars out, but in the last decade or so modern chalets have surrounded the traditional wooden heart of Saas Fee, drawn by the extended ski season which can last up to ten months of the year. Less developed than Zermatt, its closest neighbour, some of the best places to stay in Saas Fee are smaller complexes.
Things not to miss:
- One of the highlights of Saas Fee is the view. Just wandering around town is a many varied pleasure, with so many dramatic peaks for your eyes to choose between. If you want to change position, take a gondola up to Allalin at the top of the resort and look down - possibly from the revolving restaurant.
- The dramatic scenery might look intimidating for folks new to skiing, but it needn't, Saas Fee's quiet nursery slopes are aside from the main action, so a good spot for gaining confidence. Once you've found your ski legs there are a good selection of gentle blue runs to inspire you. Intermediate skiers get a great deal too, some excellent top-to-bottom runs descending from 3,500metres to the resort at 1,800metres.
- There's not as much for advanced skiers due to the glaciers surrounding the resort which tend to limit too much off-piste exploration. But during summer some of the glaciers become ski or snowboarding runs in their own right.
- Non-skiers get a good deal at Saas Fee too. There's a whole mountain devoted to other mountain games, including tobogganing, sledging, snow tubing and paragliding. The Snowboard Park has a good reputation.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Saas Fee range from traditional skiing hotels to luxury intimate chalets.
For a good value stay
- Saas Fee can be quite expensive, but it doesn't have to be. The excellent Hotel Schweizerhof, for example, offers a half board option which includes a six course dinner! This is a comfortable, family-run hotel in the centre of town, with a balcony for all - the view is always going to be a highlight, however nice the contemporary decor and spa facilities.
For a lively stay
- The Dom Hotel doesn't shy away from embracing the party atmosphere that the skiing in Saas-Fee attracts. Boasting a chic, modern aesthetic, the hotel offers comfortable rooms and an atmospheric bar that hosts both live music and DJ performances.
- Reflecting its alpine surrounds, the wood accented Hotel Allalin is perfect for family skiing trips. With generously sized family suites, a good restaurant and nearby ski access, it's ideal for a family adventure in Saas Fee.
- Elite Alpine Lodge is a great option for families looking to rent out a self-catering apartment. Made up of nine stylish apartments, the hotel also boasts an excellent spa and fantastic views of the surrounding alpine landscape.
For luxury on the slopes
- Retreat from a long day on the slopes to the luxurious hospitality of the Hotel Annahof. Featuring plush rooms, a deluxe indoor-outdoor spa and an excellent restaurant, it's a stellar hotel.
- Combining an elegant aesthetic with luxury design, The Capra is a stand out hotel. Dust yourself off after a day on the slopes and enter a world of splendour with superb suites, a deluxe spa and heavenly cuisine.
For Alpine Intimacy
- Sometimes escaping the crowds at a ski resort can be hard but Waldhotel Fletschhorn gives you the perfect opportunity to do that. Luxurious rooms with stunning views, a sublime Michelin starred restaurant and a peaceful location all combine to create a magnificent hotel.
For Alpine relaxation
- Whether your looking to ski or simply relax, the Hotel Pirmin Zurbriggen is great for either, or equally both. The notion of wellness pervades throughout the hotel with beautifully appointed rooms, a wonderful spa and a superb restaurant. Alpine bliss.
For an apartment or chalet
- For some place to yourself, we recommend visiting our online partner Booking.com.
- Saas Fee itself has no airport but major airlines fly to nearby Bern, Basel and Geneva.
- For trains, Visp is the regional hub that has services to all major Swiss cities. From Visp bus services run up to Saas Fee.
- Hiring a car is a good option for getting to Saas Fee, so why not visit our online car hire partner Rentalcars.
- Saas Fee is most famous for it's skiing in the winter months but the summer is a beautiful and less busy time to visit the village.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Saas Fee
Elite Alpine Lodge 9 rooms from £233Saas Fee (Haltenstrasse 21)
An Alpine style lodge offering apartments and suites with modern décor. All rooms have a balcony or terrace with amazing mountain views, and the apartments come with a fully equipped kitchen. A hearty buffet breakfast is served by a fireplace and there is a lovely wellness centre on site.Local exploring - Situated close to the Saas-Fee town centre, with many shops, restaurants, and access to the ski resort area.Total relaxation - After a hectic day outdoors in the mountains, return to a steam, sauna and a relaxation area.Kids Club - Fully staffed.Views - Great views from hotel
Hotel Schweizerhof, Saas-Fee 48 rooms from £170Saas Fee
Comfortable family run hotel in the centre of the village. Contemporary styled suites with fireplaces and balconies. Good service plus an emphasis on spa facilities and food (half board price includes a six course dinner)!Skiing - Saas Fee is a great high altitude resort with glacier for longer winter seasons.Romantic Break - Fine dining and indulgent spa makes the ideal spoiling treatSpaTraditional
Ferienart Resort & Spa 71 rooms from £260Saas Fee (Dorfweg 1)
A 5 star Alpine-style hotel in the lovely town of Saas-Fee. Rooms feature wood panelling, comfortable beds, bathtubs and stunning mountain views. Unwind by the fire in the piano bar, or pamper yourself in the luxurious spa. Boasting a choice of three restaurants and an indoor pool. Mountain-chic.Business meetings - Three conference rooms can accommodate up to 480 people and Le Salon is perfect for small seminars and training courses.Total relaxation - Thermal baths, sauna, steam, an indoor heated pool and spa services on site make this the ideal wellness retreat.Families - This child friendly hotel comes with a kids playground and family suites that can accommodate 4-6 people.Swimming Pool - An indoor pool for guests
The Capra from £351Saas Fee
Luxury and elegance combine to create this fantastic alpine lodge hotel. The perfect refuge after long days on the slopes with deluxe, cosy suites and a heavenly spa. Spend an evening relaxing in the hotel's wine cellar and enjoy some delicious Swiss cuisine. A mountainside gem.Active Holiday - The surrounding area boasts plenty of options for outdoor fun from skiing, to trekking and mountain biking.Total relaxation - A pampering mountainside destination with a deluxe spa, indulgent suites, excellent food and local wines.Great walks - There are over 350 km of walking paths in the area of Saas-Fee.Views - Great views from hotel
Hotel Pirmin Zurbriggen 20 rooms from £303Saas Fee
A luxury lodge designed with wellness in mind. The extensive spa is the perfect spot to unwind after a day in the mountains. Rooms feature french windows, pine clad walls, and the best have the bed placed on a mezzanine. An award winning restaurant serves modern European cuisine. Mountain bliss.Spa breaks - Make the most of the glorious spa- sauna, steam bath and massage and beauty treatments based on Traditional Chinese Medicine.Active Holiday - The surrounding mountains offer a veritable playground for outdoor enthusiasts.Swimming Pool - Indoor pool.Views - Great views from hotel
Hotel Bristol, Saas-Fee 40 rooms from £161Saas Fee (Saas-Fee)
A homely hotel in Saas Fee, offering panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. The warm and alpine-chic rooms come with en suites and balconies. The on site restaurant serves excellent Swiss cuisine, with four course meals and a wide selection of wines. Perfect for a special family getaway.Families - With kids meals at the restaurant and family rooms available, it's the perfect spot for a mountainside holiday en masse.Active Holiday - Only 66 feet from the ski lifts and opposite the golf course, football field, tennis, volleyball and basketball courts.Great walks - There are endless beautiful mountain hikes nearby.Remote - Off the beaten track.
Hotel Marmotte 25 rooms from £133Saas Fee (Saas-Fee)
Hotel Marmotte is a charming traditionally built chalet style hotel right next to Saas Fee's ski slopes. The light and airy rooms offer pine furnishings, simple design and en suite bathrooms. Feast on delicious classically Swiss cuisine either in the stylish restaurant or on the summer terrace.Families - With family rooms and plenty of activities and to keep the kids entertained it's ideal for exploring the beautiful Swiss AlpsActive Holiday - Situated next to Saas Fee's ski slopes and with horse riding, cycling and hiking also on offer during the summerGreat walks - There are plenty of nearby hiking trails to explore through the stunning mountain landscapesTraditional
The Dom Hotel 28 rooms from £157Saas Fee
The Dom Hotel in Saas-Fee offers a wonderful fusion design of traditional alpine style, with modern influences. It's a lively spot with the Dom Bar playing host to live DJs and musicians. Simple, chic and affordable rooms make this the perfect place to stay for a group skiing holiday.Groups - With a lively atmosphere, excellent services and direct access to the slopes, this hotel is ideal for group ski holidays.Great walks - Saas-Fee has 350 km of walking paths, ask at the front desk for personal favourites.Lively - Hip and happening.
Park Hotel, Saas-Fee 17 rooms from £201Saas Fee
A family-run hotel with a relaxed feel. Contemporary design throughout with simple clean style yet cleverly designed to keep the building's cosy charm. The restaurant serves up homely cuisine. Well located to access the ski-lifts. An excellent choice for families.Skiing - A high-altitude resort with most pistes between 2500m and 3500m making for great snow conditions.Families - A laid back feel and spacious family rooms.Views - Great views from hotelTraditional
Waldhotel Fletschhorn 12 rooms from £284Saas Fee
For a more intimate stay in Saas-Fee this is the hotel for you. Perched in the valley above the town, Waldhotel Fletschhorn offers a quality hotel experience. Rooms are cosy and comfortable with fantastic views, and the stellar restaurant has been awarded a Michelin star. A quiet alpine escape.Active Holiday - The perfect resting post for an outdoor holiday, whether it's skiing or biking, hiking or fishing.Great walks - Over 350 km of walking paths to be enjoyed in the Saas-Fee area.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Hotel Annahof 21 rooms from £228Saas Fee
A charming traditional property situated right on the slopes. Contemporary meets classical design in the pine clad rooms, with particularly luxurious bathrooms. Hit the extensive 'indoor-outdoor' spa to ease those aches and pains. The restaurant serves up regional cuisine. A lovely alpine base.Active Holiday - Well positioned for access to the slopes as well as other alpine activities such as hiking and sledging.Families - With lovely family rooms large enough to accommodate the whole brood, and plenty of activities.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.Views - Great views from hotel
Hotel Allalin 30 rooms from £187Saas Fee
Pretty hotel in the car-free village of Saas-Fee. Guestrooms have wooden accents and modern bathrooms. There is an indoor spa tub, sauna and heated ski room. Excellent restaurant with all the regional favourites. Ideal for family ski break.Families - Spacious suites have beds for all the family, whilst outdoors there's fun to be had on the slopes or on a mountain bike trailViews - Great views from hotelGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Hotel Mistral 12 rooms from £222Saas Fee (Saas-Fee)
Hotel Mistral is a chic hotel right by the cable cars in Saas Fee. The elegant rooms come with balconies offering spectacular views of the mountains and glaciers. The on site restaurant serves a variety of excellent cuisine, perfect after a long day skiing or hiking. Quiet and peaceful.Romantic Break - The perfect choice for a romantic break for two, with stunnings views, excellent cuisine and a tranquil atmosphereFoodies - The on site restaurant serves Swiss, French and Mediterranean cuisine on a lovely summer terraceGreat walks - Beautiful mountainous hikes during the summerViews - Great views from hotel