Search the best hotels in Weggis
Little Weggis’ beautiful position on Lake Lucerne is sunny and sheltered enough for palm and fig trees to grow, giving it a wonderful ‘holiday resort’ feeling. As well as the views of the lake you’re also afforded wonderful views of the Alps, and the peace of Mt. Rigi is a ten-minute cable car ride away. Weggis is a wonderfully laidback and relaxing town, and the best places to stay in Weggis reflect this, with pampering spas, and idyllic sunny terraces. Our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Weggis are hand picked and will offer a unique place to stay in this special town.
What Not To Miss
- Wander around the beautiful Uferpromenade Weggis on a nice sunny afternoon and bask in your beautiful surroundings.
- Or, head to the top of Lucerne's Mount Rigi to take in amazing views of the area.
- If you're looking for something a bit more action-packed then go paragliding with SkyGlide Paragliding Lake Lucerne.
The best places to stay in Weggis
- The Hotel Central Am See is a large, white townhouse in a beautiful lakeside position with 32 individually styled rooms - all with parquet flooring and private balconies. There’s an elegant conservatory restaurant and an idyllic terrace with an infinity pool.
- The Beau Rivage is a welcoming hotel with a gorgeous terrace overlooking the lake and a superb seafood menu. If you’re looking for somewhere peaceful and friendly then this hotel, with its 39 rooms, heated pool and steam room, is a good choice.
- Campus Hotel Hertenstein is a bright 4* spot set in wonderful natural surroundings. The rooms are contemporary and boast lovely views of the lake, mountain, and forest, whilst there's also a private boat and plenty of activities on offer.
- The 5* Park Hotel is a truly resplendent palatial stay with glamorous views and top-notch facilities, including an extensive spa. A stay you'll never forget.
- Set in a striking historical building, Hotel Vitznauerhof is a smart stay set on the banks of Lake Lucerne. Enjoy delectable evening meals at sunset in their lovely fish restaurant.
- The Art Deco Hotel Montana offers wonderful views of the city and the lake beyond, from its position on a city centre hilltop. It also offers 66 chic, comfortable rooms, decorated in the promised Art Deco style - and some with balconies, and an award-winning restaurant and popular bar.
- The Hotel Schweizerhof is perfect for a luxurious city break. Right on the lakeside, it's just a short stroll from the centre of town. All rooms are individually decorated, there are two restaurants to choose from and a lovely spa.
- The Grand Hotel National is a wonderfully glamorous institution overlooking the lake. There are 41 opulent rooms, decorated to the nines with antiques with views across the lake and into the mountains. There’s also a dining experience for every occasion from casual to fine.
- Or you might try the Chateâu Gutsch? A renovated 19th-century castle with 27 rooms decked out with four-poster beds, Swiss artworks and bold fabrics. Some of the rooms have private terraces with stunning views of the city and the lake.
- Burgenstock Hotel & Alpine Spa is a truly luxurious stay that's bound to impress. Set in a stunning building and with sublime interiors, the chic accommodation is utterly dreamy and the wellness facilities are second-to-none.
- Villa Honegg is another 5* stay which is set in a superb mountainous location overlooking the lake. A wonderful spot with smart accommodation.
- Boutique Hotel Schlussel is a chic stay with pleasing accommodation and a gourmet restaurant.
For an apartment or holiday home
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- If you're thinking of going skiing on Mount Rigi then consider visiting from December to March.
- However, if you want to instead head off hiking then you'll want to visit in the summer, with the average temperature climbing to 24°C in July.
- If you're coming from abroad then fly into Zurich Airport before taking the IR75 train to Roktreuz and the number 28 bus on to Weggis.
- For those wanting to explore further afield, consider hiring a car with Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Weggis
Hotel Central am See 32 rooms from £166Weggis
A striking townhouse boasting an enviable lakeside position. Individually styled rooms with parquet flooring, bright feature walls and the best have french doors leading onto private balconies. An elegant conservatory restaurant and pretty terrace complete with infinity pool. Totally charming.Local exploring - Well located to explore Weggis and the surrounding mountains.Great walks - Take a saunter along the shores of Lake Lucerne.Sailing - Take a romantic cruise across Lake Lucerne.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.
Campus Hotel Hertenstein 62 rooms from £185Weggis
Bright, modern 4* hotel on Hertenstein peninsula - the loveliest part of Lake Lucerne. Breathtaking lake, forest and mountain views. Sixty-two airy, cheerful rooms with contemporary decor. Private beach, boats and activities to suit all ages. Perfect for families, groups, weddings and conferences.Outstanding location - Situated on the lovely Hertenstein Peninsula which Mark Twain said was the most beautiful place on earthGreat walks - Walk along woodland and lakeshore paths and drink in the viewsKayaking - Find hidden corners of the lake in the hotel's double kayakViews - Heartstopping lake and mountain views
Beau Rivage 39 rooms from £219Weggis
Welcoming hotel overlooking Lake Lucerne. Guestrooms are modern with wooden floors and large bathrooms. Heated outdoor pool, terrace, steam room and hotel boats for tours on the lake. Good restaurant with a superb fish menu. Peaceful and friendly.Romantic Break - Gorgeous terrace overlooking Lake Lucerne, with heated pool, indoor steam room, nearby Mineralbad pools with views over the AlpsSights nearby - Luzern, the “City of Light” with its famous old town and music festivalSwimming Pool - Heated outdoor poolViews - Great views from hotel