- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Utrecht
One of the oldest cities in the Netherlands, Utrecht has charm and visitor appeal. It was built around a series of split-level canals and these give the medieval centre plenty of character - it’s a great place to be of an evening. Utrecht’s large student population, the largest in the Netherlands, probably helps with this as well. There are some great bars and cafes built into old warehouses and cellars on the 13th century lower level canals. Utrecht’s highlights are mostly centred around the medieval heart, which is where you’ll find the Gothic Cathedral and a collection of ancient churches, the City Hall, a fantastic fish market and a collection interesting museums. Our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Utrecht are all located in this part of town too.
What Not To Miss
- Taking a stroll around the historic canals of Utrecht can really feel like a stroll back through history. There's also a great selection of little bars and shops which are a brilliant way to experience the local atmosphere.
- Enjoy a spectacular view of Utrecht from the majestic Dom Tower - the tallest Church Tower in the Netherlands. Highly informed tour guides will captivate their audiences with historical facts about the building.
- Experience a musical masterclass at the Museum Speelklok where visitors take a tour of centuries-old self playing instruments. Featuring everything from musical boxes to Dutch street organs - it'll be a unique musical experience.
- Even if you're not a keen train-spotter, pay a visit to the Railway Museum with a great variety of wonderfully maintained trains ranging through the ages from the 1800's to more recent models.
- Have a tranquil wander around Utrecht's Botanic Gardens - with plenty of different species of plants and even a butterfly house there's plenty to see and do.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Utrecht are ideal for people looking for a comfy central base from which to explore the city.
For a contemporary stay
- The Eye Hotel is an excellent contemporary hotel designed with an eye for style. It’s not brash and showy though, it’s comfortable and soothing with simple colour themes and practical furnishings. Plus the city is right on your doorstep.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer your own space, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a great selection of properties ideal for enjoying everything this wonderful city has to offer.
- Fly to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol located 63km (39 miles) from Utrecht. The airport is served by a range of International and domestic carriers and has trains to Utrecht.
- Catch a train to Utrecht, with great connecting options to destinations including Amsterdam and even International ones like Frankfurt.
- If you want to rent a car, for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to early September. can provide the warmest weather for exploring the city.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Utrecht
Eye Hotel 36 rooms from £132Utrecht
Designed with meticulous style, the Eye Hotel in Utrecht is an excellent contemporary hotel. The rooms feature comfortable furnishings and soothing, simplistic colour schemes. With the city centre on the doorstep, it's perfect for exploring the university city.Families - With large family suites, it's perfect for a family trip to Utrecht.City Style - Perfect for exploring the sights and sounds of Utrecht.Sights nearby - Ten minutes walk from the Aboriginal Art Museum.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.