Search the best hotels in Mahé
Wherever you are on Mahé you’re never more than 20minutes drive from some kind of natural paradise. Mahé beaches with their pale, soft sand and impressive granite boulders are some of the best in the world, but its verdant jungle interior is pretty spectacular too. And that goes for the best places to stay in Mahé too, if you can’t see paradise outside your window — which is the most likely scenario on Mahé, you’ll certainly only be minutes from it.
Mahé is the largest island in the Seychelles, it has the capital Victoria, the only international airport in the Seychelles and some seriously fabulous resorts, restaurants, and of course, beaches. Mahé is as busy as the Seychelles gets, has the liveliest nightlife, the majority of the cultural sites, the biggest choice when it comes to shopping and it also has the largest, most dramatic interior. So the best places to stay in Mahé are the best places to stay in the Seychelles if you’re looking for a beach break paradise that’s not entirely off the beaten track.
Where to Stay
- Victoria has the nightlife and the shopping.
- The west coast has a number of gorgeous beach resorts.
- There are a number of small islands just off the coast with private island resorts.
What not to Miss
- Go to the beach! It’s probably one of the things you’re here for, and the west coast of Mahé is basically a string of gorgeous beaches. Of course there are gorgeous beaches along the island’s entire coastline too. Beau Vallon is one of the island’s most popular, Anse Major is among the best in the Seychelles, and tiny Anse Soleil is one of the most beautiful — perfect for lunch, with its beach restaurant.
- Get underwater. The Morne Seychellois National Park is known for its snorkelling, with the opportunity to get right up close to whale sharks, and for its pristine dive sites.
- Learn about the Seychelles. You might not fancy spending any time inside but if you’re at all interested in the history of these incredible islands then a visit to the National Museum of History will be well worth the hours you invest here: it’s a really outstanding museum.
- Visit the market! Victoria’s Sir Selwyn-Clarke Market is the liveliest market in the Seychelles, and certainly a good reason to choose Mahé over the other islands.
The Best Places to Stay on Mahé
Some of the Most Romantic Hotels on Mahé
- The Eden Bleu Hotel is on a tiny island just off the coast of Mahé’s largest marina in Victoria, so it has all the benefits for access to the capital, but with a bit more peace and privacy. Its 87 rooms and suites are contemporary and elegant in design, with balconies and a pastel palette. The cocktail bar is especially chic.
The Best Places to Stay on Mahé for Barefoot Luxury
- Ja Enchanted Island Resort is a private island getaway in the Saint Anne Marine Park with just 10 Creole style villas. There’s a Castaway bar and a small but beautiful infinity pool with incredible ocean views, and the atmosphere is as tranquil as can be.
- For even more privacy consider the 60 thatched holiday villas of the Maia Luxury Resort & Spa, which come complete with their own private butlers, chefs and infinity pools. The villas are hidden amongst the thirty acres of forest-garden which runs all the way to the white sand. There’s a fantastic spa too, and a fantastic kid’s club.
The Best Beach Break Hotels on Mahé
- With a sun terrace that runs right up against the sand, the Carana Beach Hotel is a 40 room boutique hotel with fantastic views and a calming, neutral palette. If you want your own private pool you can book a chalet, if you want your own private meal on the beach you can book that too. The food is gourmet and there’s a beautiful spa too.
- With a similarly luxurious beach break vibe, the Kempinski Seychelles Resort is a good choice if you’re looking for a larger resort hotel with more onsite facilities. On the Baie Lazare, set amongst lush, tropical gardens, this hotel is arranged so that the majority of its 148 rooms have beach or lagoon views, so it’s beautiful everywhere you turn.
- The Banyan Tree Seychelles fits into several of our categories: it’s definitely luxurious, and its collection of 60 rooms, suites and villas offers the perfect romantic escape, but also a wonderful opportunity for some luxurious family time — whoever you’re travelling with you’re able to order private, in-villa meals, and book a villa with a private pool as well as sea views. Much of the accommodation is tucked up in the rainforest canopy, but you’re right on the beach on Intendance Bay, and that’s one of the things we love most about it.
Some of the Best Places to Stay on Mahé for Families
- The H Resort Beau Vallon boasts of its prime position on the only beach in Mahé that you can swim off all year round. And they also make quite a bit of the fact that there 100 rooms and suites, decorated in a Creole colonial style, offer plenty of romance, but also great facilities for families. There’s a kid’s pool as well as a hotel pool, but that also offer a couple’s massage evening that comes highly recommended.
- Constace Ephelia is a luxurious resort arranged along a long cove with lagoons, palms and a small island at the centre — sounds postcard perfect, doesn’t it? The resort has 313 rooms and villas, which are nestled into the hillside or right against the ocean. The decor is neutral, there are plenty of activities on offer, including a Kid’s Club, and diving and snorkelling trips.
- You might think private island resorts are just for couples, but in the case of the Four Seasons Seychelles at Desroches Island that’s not true. This resort has 67 rooms, suites and villas, but they’re spread quite widely over the island, so there’s plenty of privacy for everyone, but there’s also the scale for the facilities to be great. If you book a private villa you’ll not only have your own kid’s bedrooms you’ll also have your own pool. With access to the island’s tortoise sanctuary, there’s also lots of opportunity to get back to nature.
- The other Four Seasons resort on Mahé, the Four Seasons Resort Seychelles is just as good for families, with a range of treetop villas and ocean-view suites to choose from, and plenty of choice if you want multiple bedrooms. There’s a great spa and restaurant servicing the 94 rooms, suites and villas, plus a gorgeous beach and plenty of facilities laid on. The atmosphere is peaceful and romantic.
Prefer an Apartment or Villa
If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- If you don’t have your own private yacht or boat the only international gateway to Mahé is the Seychelles International Airport near the capital, Victoria. There are regular flights between Mahé and Praslin and once-daily flights between Mahé and Bird Island, Denis Island, Fregate Island, Desroches Island and Alphonse Island. You can also get around by chartering a helicopter, or plane, or by ferry.
- If you’re thinking about hiring a car we recommend checking what our online partners, Rentalcars have to offer.
- The Seychelles are generally hot and humid, with the drier, cooler season between May and September and the hotter, wetter season between November and March. The missing months are the changeover months: April is the calmest and warmest month, when the winds are changing direction, and November is warm with light winds, again as they change direction.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay on Mahé for you?
- You could refine your search to just the best places to stay in Victoria?
- or expand your search to include all the best places to stay in the Seychelles?
- or think about the best places to stay on Praslin?
- or consider the best places to stay in Mauritius, a close neighbour to the Seychelles?
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Mahé
Best Hotels in Mahé
Eden Bleu Hotel Eden Island, The Seychelles 87 rooms from £259Local exploring - Overlooking the marina and with easy access to beaches, shopping and the city centre, this hotel is perfect for local exploringCity Style - With chic, contemporary interiors and proximity to the airport, this hotel has reams of city styleRomantic Break - Book a luxury suite for a marina view; enjoy cocktails at the romantic bar in the eveningSurfing - Go surfing on one of the many beaches along this stretch of the island's coast; enquire at reception for local instructors
This contemporary hotel brushes shoulders with Eden Island's prestigious marina. Inside, elegant ground-floor rooms open onto a verdant private terrace. A pastel palette and fresh flowers frame the sea views from the first-floor luxury suites. Head to the Bourgeois Bar for cocktails; a chic hotel. See More
Kempinski Seychelles Resort Mahé, The Seychelles 148 rooms from £373Local exploring - Boasting a privileged location on the exclusive south end of Mahé, this hotel is perfect for luxury island exploringBeach Life - Set on the coast of the beautiful island of Praslin, this hotel is ideal for a relaxed beach getawayRomantic Break - Couples rate this hotel's romantic suites highly; book a sea view suite for beautiful ocean viewsSurfing - The Seychelles offers surfable waves in pristine condition almost all year round; hire a board from the hotel and ride the waves
Baie Lazare in Mahé is the vivid backdrop for this five-star resort. Set among lush, tropical flora, suites boast unique granite formations and contemporary décor. Take in lagoon or sea views from your balcony, while, down at the shore, an Olympic-length pool awaits. A restorative island bolt-hole. See More
Carana Beach Hotel Mahé, The Seychelles 40 rooms from £383Beach Life - With a privileged oceanfront location, this hotel makes a perfect destination for a luxury beach breakRomantic Break - Couples love the classic oceanview chalets at this hotel; book a luxury suite for a private poolLocal exploring - Set on the beautiful Seychelles island of Mahé, there is plenty to explore local to this hotelDiving - The Seychelles is a favourite destination with divers; enquire at reception for local watersports centres
This boutique hotel is located on the paradise-like island of Mahé in Seychelles. Guest chalets are dressed in a muted natural palette and feature homely interior design and a furnished terrace; book a luxury chalet for a private pool. Unwind at the spa after a gourmet dinner; a luxury beach break. See More
Constance Ephelia Port Glaud, The Seychelles 313 rooms from £516Families - There are great family accommodation options available here, and a Kids' Club to keep younger children happy while parents relaxActive Holiday - The Indian Ocean offers excellent conditions for watersports; book an excursion through the resort for an active holidayBeach Life - Set on a luxury island in the Seychelles, this hotel makes for an exclusive beach getawayDiving - Explore life under the surface of the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean with a diving trip; book through the hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Enchanting lagoons and palms surround this luxury Seychelles resort. Tropical gardens lead to private rooms, with villas nestled on the hillside or seafront. Inside, natural accents are embedded in contemporary design pieces like wicker-style lamps. Book a private dinner on the beach; a chic resort. See More
JA Enchanted Island Resort Round Island, The Seychelles 10 rooms from £664Romantic Break - Couples love this tranquil resort; with just 10 villas, service is intimate and the atmosphere romanticActive Holiday - With a private watersports centre within the resort, this hotel is perfect for active holidaymakersBeach Life - Set on a magical private island in the Seychelles, this hotel makes an exclusive beach getawayFishing - Try your hand at deep sea fishing with a hotel excursion; book ahead with your room reservation
This island getaway is nestled in the magical Saint Anne Marine Park. Head into the canopy from the crystalline coast to the Creole-Seychellois inspired villas, where an infinity pool awaits. Wicker and upholstery chairs adorn the airy private living room with ocean views; a unique island bolt-hole. See More
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles Mahé, The Seychelles 94 rooms from £722Romantic Break - Couples love the relaxed atmosphere at this luxury resort; book a couples' massage for a romantic eveningFamilies - With three and four-bedroom villas available, there are great family accommodation options at this hotelBeach Life - Set on the paradise-like island of Mahé in Seychelles, this hotel makes an idyllic beach breakSurfing - Go surfing in the Seychelles with the assistance of a Tropicsurf instructor; book through the hotel for great deals
This five-star resort is located on Mahé in Seychelles. Choose from oceanview suites or treetop villas with luxury furnishings and a private verandah; book the Residence Villa for multiple bedrooms, great for a family stay. Unwind at the spa after lunch at Kannel Restaurant; a chic island getaway. See More
Banyan Tree Seychelles Takamaka, The Seychelles 60 rooms from £809Families - The plush hotel villas are perfect for families travelling with older children; order in-villa dinner service for a family mealRomantic Break - Couples rate this luxury resort highly; book a romantic villa and unwind with an ocean view from your private poolBeach Life - With a privileged seafront location on a secluded bay, this hotel makes a luxurious and quiet beach breakSurfing - Conquer the waves with a surfing course; you will have mastered the surfboard by the end of your stay
This hotel sits shaded by native Takamaka trees in Mahé's Intendance Bay. Idyllic guest villas offer a bird's eye view of the ocean from the rainforest canopy, opening onto a terrace with an intimate pool. Down on the beach the Rum Shack offers island ambiance with signature cocktails; a plush stay. See More
Four Seasons Seychelles at Desroches Island Desroches, The Seychelles 67 rooms from £1029Families - There are great family accommodation options here; book a private villa for multiple bedrooms and a poolBeach Life - Set on a captivating coral island with no other resorts, this hotel makes an exclusive beach getawayRomantic Break - Couples love this secret island getaway; book a luxury suite for a private poolDiving - Go diving in the Desroches Drop, an underwater maze of caves with a colourful collection of marine life
A mesmerizing coral island in the Seychelles is the home of this exclusive bolt-hole. Rustic villas and bungalows provide a tranquil retreat for couples or a family. Head out via French doors for a dip in the pool, or stroll onto miles of white-sand beaches to the tortoise sanctuary; paradise found. See More
Maia Luxury Resort & Spa The Seychelles 60 rooms from £1965Romantic Break - Self-contained villas all with private infinity pools and sunken outdoor double baths, perfect for couplesBeach Life - Thirty acres of forest-garden fringed by stretches of Indian-Ocean-washed white sandKids Club - Includes cooking classes, sand castle building, painting and crafting with the resort’s recreation team and local artistsFishing - Go on a deep-sea fishing trip for tuna, marlin, swordfish etc, and bring back your catch for your personal chef to prepareRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
The last word in white-sand luxury, these thatched holiday villas come with private butlers and chefs, as well as pools- ideal for couples. Service is very accommodating and will indulge your every whim. Relax in the spa after a busy outdoorsy day exploring reefs and forest. See More