Search the best hotels in Alaçatı
Up until relatively recently Alaçati, and its beautiful bay with its long, shallow, flat entry, attracted only windsurfers and those interested in Alaçati's history - it was part of Greece until the 1920s, so there are some interesting stories in this town. But since the 90s it's been attracting an arty crowd and the smart set has followed - this is a good place to stop overnight if you're driving between Istanbul and the Turkish Mediterranean. Many of the best places to stay in Alacati are pitched at those clients, though it is still possible to find some more reasonable rooms in town.
As well as being beside a gorgeous stretch of the Aegean - one of the world's best windsurfing destinations, and having a town so perfectly cobbled, whitewashed and bougainvillea laden it looks like a film set, Alaçati is also cool.
There's a reason Alaçati is so loved by the windsurfing community - the conditions are both perfect for beginners, and perfect for practicing manoeuvres and getting up some real speed. So if you've ever fancied having a go, do it here! There are so many boards out on the water no one will notice you if you fall in...
It took a couple of years before Turkey's smarter, more stylish, set began to discover Alaçati's charms, but then the boutique hotels started popping up, restoring some of the town's most beautiful buildings, and making the town look even more appealing. But despite the hip crowds, Alaçati still has a friendly village feel.
Alaçati is a couple of kilometres from the nearest beach - the windsurfing cove is about 2kms south of town - but there are a number of perfect sandy stretches within 20 minutes drive, so there's plenty of sand for all. And the dirt tracks you have to traverse to reach some of the most beautiful, dodging the odd goat, mean that you've got a reasonable chance of having plenty of sand to yourself. And you can't say that about Bodrum.
Alaçati is also a great spot for a gulet trip. These traditional Turkish wooden yachts run day trips to Black Island and Donkey Island, which are just off the coast, and Wind Bay, a great local snorkelling spot.
What not to miss?
- Practice your manoeuvres on a windsurf in some of the best conditions in the world.
- Take a gulet (traditional Turkish yacht) trip to Black Island and Donkey Island.
- Visit the antique shops and art galleries on Haci Memis Street.
- Stop and admire the scenic windmills dating back from the 1850s.
But don't forget that if you wish to visit during the peak summer months, the best places to stay in Alacati will be incredibly busy. So do yourself a favour and book well ahead to avoid disappointment.
The Best Places to Stay in Alaçatı
For those on a budget
Being popular with the smart set shouldn't mean it's not worth travelling to Alaçati if you're on a budget. This town is full of all sorts of travellers, and there are plenty of good value ways to enjoy yourself. Shop at the Saturday market, eat Turkish pizza - called pide, and if you want to pay less for your slap up seafood meal, travel to one of the smaller local villages.
If you're on a budget, one of the best places to stay in Alaçati is IncirliEv. A boutique hotel converted from a gorgeous white stone building with plenty of charm and a lovely inner courtyard, this hotel has oodles of character and charming details - like four poster beds and parquet floors - but its rooms start from just €80 per night.
For the same price you can also stay in one of the seven rooms of Tas Otel, one of the best places to stay in Alaçati if you're looking for a rustic, country house kind of feel. Romantic and close to the beach, this beautiful hotel is so reasonably priced because it doesn't have a restaurant. Though it does do breakfast and a complimentary afternoon tea.
Alaçati's Best Boutique Hotels
If you're looking for hotels in Alaçati which offer boutique comforts, charm and style, these are our favourites:
- Chidgem Hotel is a great option just a stone's throw from the town centre. Here you'll find individually decorated bedrooms and bathrooms, plus a wonderful courtyard and pool area. The welcome is warm at this family owned and run establishment and a sumptuous breakfast is included in the price.
- You can't go wrong with the Beyevi Hotel. A beautiful white house converted into a seven room hotel, whose whitewashed, chic interiors are decorated with original art, there's an excellent restaurant, the location, at the peaceful end of Alaçati's main street, is perfect and you're right near the beach and the town's historic highlights.
- If you're looking for total luxury, try Nars Ilica. In this converted 18th Century seaside mansion you're afforded the staples, and private balconies, organic breakfasts, fantastic views over the Aegean and a private beach.
- Viento Hotel is a traditional Turkish hotel just a few miles from a number of exquisite beaches. Rooms are very tastefully designed with lovely linen, all within a simple yet elegant house.
Many of the artists, potters, restaurateurs, bakers and hotel owners are the people who came here as children - this is the kind of place that people leave but return to, and there's a lot of romance to that. In the 1920s when the entire Greek population was moved to the islands, the Greek buildings were left, so there's a certain unique look to the town's architecture.
- Nars Alaçati is another fine example of this Greek stone architecture, a charming house with just seven romantic rooms arranged around a gorgeous breakfast courtyard. It's also perfect if you want to be in the centre of things, amongst the bars and restaurants.
- La Capria is at the more opulent end of the boutique hotel scale, so it's probably one of the best places to stay in Alaçati for honeymooners or couples looking for a romantic spot. Colourful and opulent, La Capria also has hot tubs, charming balconies, beautiful gardens and terraces, and a nicely landscaped pool - and its own yacht.
- If you prefer natural fibres and gentle colours, Alavya is probably more your style - just as luxurious, but less showy, this hotel is a collection of chic rooms and suites spread across six houses. Backed by pretty orchards, Alavya has a natural, rustic feel to it - think exposed stone walls, giant old bathtubs and lots of nature light.
For a villa or an apartment
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner, Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- Izmir’s Adnan Menderes Airport is the closest airport to Alaçati. It is served by regular scheduled flights from across Europe and is located 70km from the town.
- The best time to visit is from the end of April through May or from September through October, when temperatures are still high (reaching over 20C), and prices are at their best value. During the peak summer months, it is very busy and the temperatures soar!
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Alaçati.
- Alternatively check out all our picks on the Turkish Aegean coast.
- Or call, or email, one of our gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Alaçatı
Best Hotels in Alaçatı
Ev Bharat Alaçatı (Çeşme) 10 rooms from £56Total relaxation - With a pool, restaurant and massage treatments available on-site, this hotel offers guests the opportunity to completely relaxBeach Life - Located close to the beautiful Alaçatı coastline, this hotel makes a great base for a beach holidayRomantic Break - Couples love this hotel's cosy guestrooms and the outdoor poolSights nearby - Visit the ancient Roman amphitheatre in Çeşme, located close to the hotel
This boutique hotel is located in Cesme, Alacatı. Rooms are bright and simply dressed, with natural accents bringing the coast inside; the best suites have exposed stone walls and a private terrace. Unwind by the crystalline outdoor pool or in the verdant hotel gardens. A chic home away from home. See More
IncirliEv Alaçatı (Çeşme İzmir) 8 rooms from £69Full of characterValue chicSailing - Can be booked nearby.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape
Tas Otel Alaçatı (Yeni Mecidiye Mah. 3009 Sk) 7 rooms from £69Beach LifeRomantic BreakSights nearby - Located in the centre of AlacatiRestrictions on children - Over 12s welcome.Recommended by - I Escape
Nars Alacati Alaçatı 7 rooms from £82Romantic BreakSights nearby - Walking distance from all that Alacati has to offerLocal markets - Good for local colour.Full of characterRecommended by - CN Traveller
LuCe Design Hotel Alacati, Turkey 10 rooms from £86Local exploring - The hotel is nestled in the heart of Alacati, just a few minutes walk from all the main restaurants and pretty streetsFoodies - The hotel uses local produce from neighbouring villages, such as baked goods, jams and olive oilsHideaway - Escape the bustle of Alacati and spend your days relaxing in the garden or by the poolLocal markets - Markets in Alacati and the neighbouring villages sell local produce
Enjoy the rustic charm and comfort of LuCe hotel, just a 3-minute walk from the heart of Alacati. This hotel offers a modern take on traditional wood decor. After enjoying breakfast at the hotel, relax by the outdoor pool or explore town. Each room and villa has its own unique, eclectic style. See More
Hotel Pop Alaçatı (Çeşme) 8 rooms from £75Beach Life - Located between the town and the beach, this hotel is well-located for a seaside holidayHideaway - With a cosy interior patio and pool, this hotel offers great hideout holiday potentialRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's vintage interior design and the outdoor poolSurfing - Spend a day surfing at the Alaçatı surf beach, a stone's throw from the hotel
This boutique hotel is located in the heart of Hacımemiş, Alaçatı. Rooms are individually styled and feature hand-selected antiques; the best offer split-level living space and a spa bath. Enjoy a delicious mezze breakfast before unwinding by the secluded courtyard pool. A chic and stylish stay. See More
Chigdem Hotel Alaçatı 12 rooms from £87Local markets - Good for local colour.Fishing - Excellent fishing nearby.Sea Views - From some rooms.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Bay C Alaçatı (Çeşme) 17 rooms from £89Beach Life - Located a short distance from a range of pretty beaches, this hotel makes a great base for a seaside getawayRomantic Break - With a large outdoor pool, bright rooms and a cosy restaurant, this hotel scores highly with couplesFoodies - Foodies will love the Turkish specialities available at the hotel restaurantSurfing - Enjoy a day on your surfboard at the local surf beach, renowned for excellent conditions and great waves
This boutique hotel is located in the picturesque village of Alaçatı. Rooms are individually styled with a blend of vintage and modern furnishings; the best suites offer a private balcony and four-poster bed. Enjoy the outdoor pool in the day before dinner in the cosy restaurant; a charming hotel. See More
Viento Hotel Alaçatı (Sok. No:18) 28 rooms from £124Sailing - Altınyunus Otel MarinaRestrictions on children - Children Over 10Diving - Altınyunus OtelHideaway - Tranquil and intimate.
A traditional Turkish hotel just a few miles from a number of exquisite beaches. Rooms are very tastefully designed with lovely linen, all within a simple yet elegant house. The hotel has a garden with pool, cafe with al fresco dining and private beach space. Perfect for exploring the local area. See More
Levin Hotel Alaçatı (Çeşme) 13 rooms from £112Active Holiday - Situated close to great beaches for surfing, make this an active holiday and spend your days riding the wavesLocal exploring - Nestled in the picturesque coastal village of Alaçatı, this hotel is well-located for local exploringRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's chic décor and relaxing in the pretty gardensSights nearby - Visit the Çeşme Amphitheatre, a Roman amphitheatre that has been preserved and where you can still see shows
This contemporary hotel is located in a traditional property in Alaçatı, Çeşme. Rooms are individually dressed using a pastel palette and with a focus on natural accents; the best suites have a pretty balcony. Relax by the hotel pool with a refreshing drink or wander the gardens; a stylish hotel. See More
La Capria Alaçatı 20 rooms from £113Beach LifeRomantic BreakLuxuryPrivate Hot Tub
Beyevi Hotel Alaçatı (Kemalpaşa Caddesi) 15 rooms from £113Sights nearby - Located at the peaceful end of Alacati's main streetLocal markets - Alacati has it's own marketTraditionalRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - CN Traveller
Alavya Alaçatı 25 rooms from £173LuxuryRomantic BreakRestaurant - Mitu bistro is open year round. Fogo the fine dining restaurant is only open during summer months.Private Hot Tub - Book one of the exclusive suites for your own hot tub
Nars Ilica Alaçatı (Alacati) 8 rooms from £174Views - Fantastic views over the Aegean SeaBeach LifeLuxuryRomantic BreakRecommended by - CN Traveller