- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Alaçatı
Up until relatively recently Alaçati, and its beautiful bay with its long, shallow, flat entry, attracted windsurfers and those interested in Alaçati's history - it was part of Greece until the 1920s, so there are some interesting stories in this town. But since the 90s it's been attracting an arty crowd and the smart set has followed - this is a good place to stop overnight if you're driving between Istanbul and the Turkish Mediterranean. Many of the best places to stay in Alacati are pitched at those clients, though it is still possible to find some more reasonable rooms in town.
As well as being beside a gorgeous stretch of the Aegean - one of the world's best windsurfing destinations, and having a town so perfectly cobbled, whitewashed and bougainvillea laden it looks like a film set, Alaçati is also cool.
There's a reason Alaçati is so loved by the windsurfing community - the conditions are both perfect for beginners, and perfect for practicing manoeuvres and getting up some real speed. So if you've ever fancied having a go, do it here! There are so many boards out on the water no one will notice you if you fall in...
It took a couple of years before Turkey's smarter, more stylish, set began to discover Alaçati's charms, but then the boutique hotels started popping up, restoring some of the town's most beautiful buildings, and making the town look even more appealing. But despite the hip crowds, Alaçati still has a friendly village feel.
Alaçati is a couple of kilometres from the nearest beach - the windsurfing cove is about 2kms south of town - but there are a number of perfect sandy stretches within 20 minutes drive, so there's plenty of sand for all. And the dirt tracks you have to traverse to reach some of the most beautiful, dodging the odd goat, mean that you've got a reasonable chance of having plenty of sand to yourself. And you can't say that about Bodrum.
Alaçati is also a great spot for a gulet trip. These traditional Turkish wooden yachts run day trips to Black Island and Donkey Island, which are just off the coast, and Wind Bay, a great local snorkelling spot.
What not to miss?
- Practice your manoeuvers on a windsurf in some of the best conditions in the world.
- Take a gulet (traditional Turkish yacht) trip to Black Island and Donkey Island.
- Visit the antique shops and art galleries on Hacımemiş Street.
- Stop and admire the scenic windmills dating back from the 1850s.
But don't forget that if you wish to visit during the peak summer months, the best places to stay in Alacati will be incredibly busy. So do yourself a favour and book well ahead to avoid disappointment.
Best places to stay in Alaçati
For those on a budget
Being popular with the smart set shouldn't mean it's not worth travelling to Alaçati if you're on a budget. Far from crowded, this town is full of all sorts of travellers, and there are plenty of good value ways to enjoy yourself. Shop at the Saturday market, eat Turkish pizza - called pide, and if you want to pay less for your slap up seafood meal, travel to one of the smaller local villages.
If you're on a budget, one of the best places to stay in Alaçati is IncirliEv. A boutique hotel converted from a gorgeous white stone building with plenty of charm and a lovely inner courtyard, this hotel has oodles of character and charming details - like four poster beds and parquet floors - but its rooms start from just £67 per night.
- For the same price you can also stay in one of the seven rooms of Tas Otel, one of the best places to stay in Alaçati if you're looking for a rustic, country house kind of feel. Romantic and close to the beach, this beautiful hotel is so reasonably priced because it doesn't have a restaurant. Though it does do breakfast and a complimentary afternoon tea.
Alaçati's Best Boutique Hotels
If you're looking for hotels in Alaçati which offer boutique comforts, charm and style, these are our favourites:
- Chidgem Hotel is a great option just a stone's throw from the town centre. Here you'll find individually decorated bedrooms and bathrooms, plus a wonderful courtyard and pool area. The welcome is warm at this family owned and run establishment and a sumptuous breakfast is included in the price.
- You can't go wrong with the Beyevi Hotel. A beautiful white house converted into a seven room hotel, whose whitewashed, chic interiors are decorated with original art, there's an excellent restaurant, the location, at the peaceful end of Alaçati's main street, is perfect and you're right near the beach and the town's historic highlights.
- If you're looking for total luxury, try Nars Ilica. In this converted 18th Century seaside mansion you're afforded the staples, and private balconies, organic breakfasts, fantastic views over the Aegean and a private beach.
- Viento Hotel is a traditional Turkish hotel just a few miles from a number of exquisite beaches. Rooms are very tastefully designed with lovely linen, all within a simple yet elegant house.
Many of the artists, potters, restauranteurs, bakers and hotel owners are the people who came here as children - this is the kind of place that people leave but return to, and there's a lot of romance to that. In the 1920s when the entire Greek population was moved to the islands, the Greek buildings were left, so there's a certain unique look to the town's architecture.
- Nars Alaçati is another fine example of this Greek stone architecture, a charming house with just seven romantic rooms arranged around a gorgeous breakfast courtyard. It's also perfect if you want to be in the centre of things, amongst the bars and restaurants.
- La Capria is at the more opulent end of the boutique hotel scale, so it's probably one of the best places to stay in Alaçati for honeymooners or couples looking for a romantic spot. Colourful and opulent, La Capria also has hot tubs, charming balconies, beautiful gardens and terraces, and a nicely landscaped pool - and it's own yacht.
- If you prefer natural fibres and gentle colours, Alavya is probably more your style - just as luxurious, but less showy, this hotel is a collection of chic rooms and suites spread across six houses. Backed by pretty orchards, Alavya has a natural, rustic feel to it - think exposed stone walls, giant old bathtubs and lots of nature light.
For a villa or an apartment
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner, Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- Izmir’s Adnan Menderes Airport is the closest airport to Alaçatı. It is served by regular scheduled flights from across Europe and is located 70km from the town.
- The best time to visit is from the end of April through May or from September through October, when temperatures are still high (reaching over 20C), and prices are at their best value.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos for the best prices.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Alaçatı
IncirliEv 8 rooms from $91Alaçatı (Çeşme İzmir)
A charming boutique hotel. Traditional elements combined with contemporary chic. Lovely white washed rooms with four poster beds and parquet floors. A quaint inner courtyard garden and breakfast room. Easy access to beaches, and good value.Full of characterValue chicSailing - Can be booked nearby.Great walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - I Escape
Tas Otel 7 rooms from $91Alaçatı (Yeni Mecidiye Mah. 3009 Sk)
A gorgeous country style house come rustic chic guesthouse. Romantic bedrooms with creamy furnishings and white washed walls. Lovely pool, garden and breakfast terrace. Close to the beach and lots to do in the area. A romantic spot.Beach LifeRomantic BreakSights nearby - Located in the centre of AlacatiRestrictions on children - Over 12s welcome.Recommended by - I Escape
Nars Alacati 7 rooms from $107Alaçatı
A charming stone house with romantic bedrooms. Four poster beds, killim rugs, stand alone bath tubs and antique furniture. Gorgeous breakfast courtyard and walking distance to all attractions. A characterful choice close to the beach.Romantic BreakSights nearby - Walking distance from all that Alacati has to offerRomantic - Good for couples.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - CN Traveller
Chigdem Hotel 12 rooms from $114Alaçatı
A three minute walk from Alaçatı centre, this hotel is proudly run and offers colourful ensuite rooms set around a courtyard and pool. Extra touches include fresh flowers in rooms and free breakfast. Fishing, windsurfing and market shopping available nearby.Fishing - Excellent fishing nearby.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Viento Hotel 28 rooms from $162Alaçatı (Sok. No:18)
A traditional Turkish hotel just a few miles from a number of exquisite beaches. Rooms are very tastefully designed with lovely linen, all within a simple yet elegant house. The hotel has a garden with pool, cafe with al fresco dining and private beach space. Perfect for exploring the local area.Sailing - Altınyunus Otel MarinaDiving - Altınyunus OtelRestrictions on children - Children Over 10Full of character
La Capria 20 rooms from $149Alaçatı
A delightful boutique hotel with gorgeous rooms and stunning grounds. Romantic rooms and suites with opulent furnishings, hot tubs, balconies, and large living areas. Beautiful gardens, pool, terraces, and a yacht to charter. A dreamy spot.LuxuryBeach LifeRomantic BreakPrivate Hot Tub
Beyevi Hotel 15 rooms from $149Alaçatı (Kemalpaşa Caddesi)
A beautiful white house in a lovely town close to the coast. Traditional chic interiors have white washed walls and boutique decorations. Excellent pool, restaurant, and original artworks. A very romantic spot near the beach and historical sights.Sights nearby - Located at the peaceful end of Alacati's main streetLocal markets - Alacati has it's own marketRomantic - Good for couples.TraditionalRecommended by - CN Traveller
Alavya 25 rooms from $227Alaçatı
An utterly romantic and luxurious boutique hotel. Chic rooms and suites spread across six houses. All have sumptuous furnishings, large bath tubs, and lots of natural light. Fantastic restaurant, lively bar, pretty orchards and swimming pool. A delightful spot.LuxuryRomantic BreakPrivate Hot Tub - Book one of the exclusive suites for your own hot tubSights nearby - Situated in the centre of Alacati
Nars Ilica 8 rooms from $229Alaçatı (Alacati)
A stunning boutique hotel that combines traditional romance with modern comforts. Beautiful bedrooms and suites have huge bathrooms, private balconies, and charming decoration. Excellent organic breakfasts, small pool, and immediate beach access. Very romantic.Views - Fantastic views over the Aegean SeaRomantic BreakLuxuryBeach LifeRecommended by - CN Traveller