- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Turkish Aegean Coast
Search the best hotels in Turkish Aegean Coast
About Turkish Aegean Coast
Turkey's turquoise Aegean Coast is where you'll find the ancient ruins of Troy, hundreds of gorgeous beaches, the famed walking trail 'The Lycian Way', and the dramatic beaches and cliffs of Gallipoli. If you just need accommodation recommendations go direct to our pick of the region's hotels. If you need help deciding which town or city you want to be your base, read on to find the best places to stay on the Turkish Aegean Coast.
More than a million people a year visit Bodrum. Its popularity means that it has the region's best nightlife. Which means it's definitely one of the best places to stay on the Turkish Aegean Coast if you want the best clubs, bars and cafes.
However, it still retains an air of 'cultured cool'. What with its castle, Ottoman mosques, marina and restrictive urban planning laws; it hasn't lost the charm which originally attracted European artists and intelligentsia to this fishing village in the 1940s.
Bodrum is also a good choice for yachties.
Kusadasi's proximity to Ephesus makes it the ideal base for those with an interest in history. It's not just a ruin, it's a gladiator graveyard.
It also has some great beaches, including Ladies Beach and Pamucak Beach, just along the coast. Kusadasi is also ideal for those looking for sunshine on a budget.
Similarly close to Ephesus, Selcuk also boasts a fortress, a Byzantine aqueduct and some splendid Christian ruins. So it rivals Kusadasi as one of the best places to stay on the Turkish Aegean Coast for those with an historic bent.
The main argument locals would say in Selcuk's favour is that its prices are more competitive.
Izmir has always been a port city, and its seafront is as charming and lively as any in the world. It's also a top destination for trendsetting travellers. It's quickly garnering a reputation for being artsy and liberal.
Alaçati is well-renowned for its architecture, windmills and vineyards, as well as being a haven for windsurfers. One of the most traditional towns in Turkey (with beautiful stone houses and narrow streets), it's a wonderfully picturesque spot.
What Not To Miss
- Bodrum's Castle of St Peter is a must visit. Built in the 15th century by the Knights of St John, this historic spot boasts several impressive towers, Turkish baths, a dungeon and a chapel. Enjoy wonderful sea views from the battlements.
- Make sure to spend an afternoon at Ephesus, located just 3km away from Selcuk. This fascinating place was built in 1,000 BC and is the Mediterranean's best preserved classical city. The Temple of Artemis was one of the seven wonders of the ancient worlds and you can still marvel at the stunning architecture - complete with marble streets and wonderfully preserved buildings.
- Check out The Basilica of Saint John in Selcuk - built in the 4th-century and the burial place of Saint John the Divine. Designed in the shape of a cross and with six domes, it's a wonderful spot that's made all the better by a visit with a tour guide.
- If the kids are bored of culture-vulturing then you should spend an afternoon at either Adaland or Aqua Fantasy Waterpark. With a wide range of water slides and pools, it's a fun-filled day out!
Our pick of the best places to stay in the Turkish Aegean Coast offer something for everyone, whether you're looking for a luxurious beach resort or a low key B&B that will leave you with plenty of spending money!
- The Su Hotel and Cottages is right in the heart of busy Bodrum, yet it feels quiet and secluded. Flexible accommodation with kitchenettes as standard are perfect for those with younger children.
- There are a number of reasons why gorgeous Kempinski Barbaros Bay is one of the best places to stay on the Turkish Aegean Coast. It has its own private, sandy beach and marina. The private deck views are spectacular. It has seven restaurants and bars, plus a sybaritic spa.
- 4Reasons Hotel ticks all the boxes for stylish accommodation, delicious food and great service. Built just above the unspoiled village of Yalikavak, it's serene, but still has all the benefits of being Bodrum-adjacent.
- Caresse is a 5* beachfront resort located right on the Aegean Sea. With plush contemporary suites, a wonderful spa and two excellent restaurants, it's a top-notch spot. Wonderfully romantic.
- The sleek Doria Hotel offers whitewashed rooms with parquet floors, the odd splash of colour, private balconies and stunning sea views. Located in Bitez, a few miles west of Bodrum, this seaside stay also has a luxurious spa to help you fully unwind.
- Sah Hotel, also located in Bitez, is a great value no frills beach holiday - featuring spacious, unfussy rooms and an outdoor pool. Plus, it's walking distance to all of the town's restaurants and hotspots.
- Book Villa Konak if you want an inexpensive, friendly, sunny base. There's a lovely, high walled garden, a library of holiday left-behinds and the owners love a chat. About anything. It's also only a few minutes from the harbour.
- For a similar welcome but with a boutique hotel feel, The Muses House is one of the best places to stay on the Turkish Aegean Coast. Staying here is like being at a house party with friends. And the location, in pretty Kirazil Koy (a village close to Kusadasi), is wonderful.
- Anzac Golden Bed Pansiyon is a friendly guesthouse located amidst a series of alleyways above the harbour. Provides simple, unfussy accommodation featuring traditional furniture. Come back after a day out sightseeing to unwind on the rooftop bar at sunset with a tipple and enjoy the wonderful views.
- Naz Han is the one to book if you want to be near to Ephesus. It's also right in the heart of this little town and has an excellent restaurant.
- Markiz Konaklari is a traditional Turkish country house located in ?irince, 8km outside Selcuk. This rustic property offers traditional accommodation complete with four poster beds, stone walls and wooden beams. Relax in the lovely garden and enjoy the peaceful ambiance.
- Güllü Konak, also situated in ?irince, offers individually decorated rustic accommodation and cosy common areas. Enjoy traditional meals from the restaurant and soak up the sun with a good book in their gardens.
- Otel Antikhan is a very reasonable option for Izmir, with all the benefits of a much blander chain hotel. It offers a pretty leafy courtyard and traditional accommodation, some with three beds - ideal for families. A top value stay.
- Key Hotel is wonderfully situated in the centre of town. This luxurious stay boasts stylish and chic high-tech accommodation, as well as a restaurant with wonderful views serving up international cuisine.
- Incirliev is a charming boutique spot combining tradition with contemporary chic. Their whitewashed rooms feature four poster beds and parquet floors, whilst there's also a quaint courtyard garden in which to enjoy breakfast. Character at great value.
- Tas Otel offers romantic bedrooms with creamy furnishings and exposed stone walls. There's a lovely outdoor pool to relax by, or you could head down to the beach which is just a short distance away. An intimate stay.
- Nars Alaçati is a charming stone house close to all the town's hotspots. Their lovely rooms feature four poster beds, killim rugs and antique furniture - ideal for romantic breaks.
- Chigdem Hotel is just a three minute walk from the centre of town. Boasting individually decorated rooms with splashes of vibrant colours, there's also a pool in the courtyard for cooling off. Superbly charming.
- The wonderfully romantic Viento Hotel is a traditional Turkish spot, boasting elegant rooms in the centre of town. Grab a hotel bike and spend your days at the nearby beaches or unwind by the pool in the garden.
- The boutique Alavya offers chic, well-lit rooms with exposed brick walls spread across six houses. There's an atmospheric communal area and an outdoor pool. Enjoy meals from the Mitu bistro year round, or if you're there in the summer then make the most out of their fine dining restaurant, Fogo.
- The central Beyevi is set in a townhouse featuring traditional whitewashed interiors and original artworks. Relax with a good book by their picturesque pool and make the most out of your location to see all that Alaçati has to offer.
- La Capria, set in stunning grounds, offers boutique rooms and suites featuring opulent interiors, hot tubs and balconies. Littered with antiques and with a yacht available to charter, this is a wonderfully romantic stay.
- Nars Ilica, located right on the coast a few miles north of Alaçati, provides chic rooms with balconies offering delightful sea views. You'll love the organic breakfasts served up each morning before spending your days soaking up the sun on their private beach area.
Wonderfully Situated Stays
- D Hotel enjoys a terrific location set amidst pine forests, volcanic mountains and right on the waterfront of the beautiful Datcha peninsula. Boasting chic and upmarket accommodation, this stylish spot offers access to no less than 5 private beaches! Plus, there are 6 restaurants to try as well as a spa to help you fully rejuvenate.
For An Apartment Or Villa
- If you think a self-catering option would be your best bet then check out the wide variety available online with our partner, booking.com.
- It's best to visit the Aegean Coast in the summertime - the turquoise water and sandy beaches are rather wasted in the winter! The temperature often rises above 30ºC in July and August, however this is peak season and so expect to pay more for accommodation.
- September is a good bet if you fancy slightly lower prices and a quieter atmosphere. With the average temperature around 23°C, it's still pretty lovely weather (although the probability of rainfall is higher).
- International visitors can either fly into Izmir Adnan Menderes International Airport or Bodrum Airport.
- If you're travelling from the former into Izmir, 11km north, then you can take a taxi which will cost 40 Turkish Lira (£9). Alternatively, you can hop on the 200, 202 or 204 bus which goes to and from the airport and the centre of town.
- To get to Bodrum city centre from its airport, take the Havas Airport Bus. This 60 minute drive costs just 10 Turkish Lira (£2.23). A taxi on the other hand would cost you 110 Turkish Lira (£35) but is probably the most convenient option.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Best Hotels in Turkish Aegean Coast
Key Hotel 34 rooms from £118Izmir
Set in the heart of the city, The Key is a luxury-driven lifestyle hotel. The restaurant provides breathtaking sea views and international cuisine with Aegean flair. Bedrooms are stylish and chic, equipped with latest technology. Perfect for those seeking nightlife in a city with history.Sights nearby - The Clock Tower of Izmir
Nars Ilica 8 rooms from £175Alaçatı (Alacati)
A stunning boutique hotel that combines traditional romance with modern comforts. Beautiful bedrooms and suites have huge bathrooms, private balconies, and charming decoration. Excellent organic breakfasts, small pool, and immediate beach access. Very romantic.Views - Fantastic views over the Aegean SeaRomantic BreakLuxuryBeach LifeRecommended by - CN Traveller
Otel Antikhan 30 rooms from £30Izmir (MezarlikbasiIzmir)
Characterful property in a central location. Pretty central courtyard filled with bougainvillea. Simple, traditional rooms - some with three beds makes this, along with the very reasonable rates, an ideal choice for families.Local exploring - Well placed in the city centre, perfect for exploring the rabbit warren streets of this ancient city.Sights nearby - Visit the Roman ruins of Ephesus, a must for any visitor to this area.Local markets - Haggle for goods at Kemeraltı Market, just steps from the hotel.Traditional
Sandima 37 Suites 6 rooms from £132Bodrum (Yalikavak)
A gorgeous Turkish stone house with lovely accommodation. Suites and family suites all in neutral tones have huge living areas and private balconies with sea views. Beautiful garden, pool, terraces, and day bed area. A perfectly balanced spot; characterful tradition meets modern comfort.Views - Superb views over Yalikavak Bay and the surrounding areaRomantic BreakBeach LifePrivate Hot Tub - The Stone house has its own jacuzzi
Güllü Konak 12 rooms from £118Selçuk, Turkish Aegean Coast
A beautiful country house in a tranquil village. Rustic chic bedrooms all individually decorated and named after roses in the garden. Cosy living areas, traditional restaurant, and stunning gardens. A total country escape.Country EscapeViews - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Just 7km from EphesusFull of character
La Capria 20 rooms from £114Alaçatı
A delightful boutique hotel with gorgeous rooms and stunning grounds. Romantic rooms and suites with opulent furnishings, hot tubs, balconies, and large living areas. Beautiful gardens, pool, terraces, and a yacht to charter. A dreamy spot.LuxuryBeach LifeRomantic BreakPrivate Hot Tub
Markiz Konaklari 8 rooms from £80Sirince, Turkish Aegean Coast
A lovely traditional Turkish country house. Rustic chic rooms have four poster beds, stone walls and wooden beams. Gorgeous gardens, terraces, and a cosy restaurant. Total relaxation with no fuss.Country EscapeSights nearby - Located in the centre of Sirince, ideal if you want to visit EphesusViews - Lovely views over the rooftops of SirinceRomantic - Good for couples.
Sah Hotel 12 rooms from £53Bodrum
A contemporary seaside hotel just outside Bodrum. Spacious rooms simply decorated. Lovely garden and pool. Walking distance to beaches and restaurants. A great value spot for a no frills beach holiday.Value chicSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorSailing - Can be booked nearby.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay 173 rooms from £140Bodrum (Yaliciftlik)
A luxurious resort hotel with private sandy beach and marina, and choice of seven restaurants and bars. Chic cabana-style suites with private balconies overlooking the sea and fantastic spa - all in glorious isolation. The most gorgeous beach resort hotel near Bodrum.Spa breaks - The Spa has an Asian approach to wellness and offers holistic detox programs as well as sauna, fitness centre and Turkish bath.Romantic Break - A unique stay with elegant suites overlooking the Aegean Sea, a private beach, romantic cruises, and fantastic dining options.Sailing - Take the hotel authentic Bodrum gullet boat out into the bay and discover top diving sites.Fishing - Take a fishing tour along the coast, the perfect opportunity to catch your dinner.Recommended by - Johansens, Kiwi Collection
4Reasons Hotel & Bistro 20 rooms from £114Bodrum (Yalikavak)
Trendy and charming hillside resort, highly professional in its approach but still small, stylish and friendly, with a lovely location. Large, white washed, rooms with contemporary art. Stunning and generously proportioned pool with pool-side bar, and candlelit dinners. A chic option.Hideaway - A trendy boutique hotel on the Bodrum peninsula boasting award winning bar, lovely pool, gardens and fantastic food.Sailing - Take a day cruise on a wooden gulet from Yalikavak harbour, pack a picnic and make a day of it.Great walks - Guests are provided with maps for hiking through the ghost village of Sandima.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet
Su Hotel & Cottages 25 rooms from £125Bodrum
Designer style and comfort at an affordable price. A small peaceful oasis in a quiet cul-de-sac. The bright white walls of the 'cubist' complex of rooms, suites with kitchenettes, and two-bedroom apartments surround a lovely swimming pool. A secluded choice for families and groups.Families - This reasonably priced and chic reosrt is ideal for families with lovely gardens and and close proximity to the beach.Sailing - Take a day trip round the Aegean on a wooden Gulet, perfect for a family activity or a romantic trip.Sights nearby - Close to the Antique Theatre and the Crusader Castle.Swimming Pool - Outdoor Pool.
Antik Zeytin 8 rooms from £129Bodrum (Golturkbuku)
Small, low-rise resort at the foot of the forest with great views of the nearby Aegean. Just eight stone cottages offer intimacy and panoramic views of the ocean, olive groves and the hotel's wooden sailing boat waiting in the harbour. Everything is natural - stone, wood, glass, and the cuisine too.Foodies - Stunning Mediterranean home cooked food with an emphasis placed on the importance of olive oil which is made on the property.Hideaway - Lovely cottages set in beautiful olive groves just a short distance from the sea.Sailing - Day sailing trips around the Aegean organised by the hotel.Sights nearby - Visit the ancient ‘Antique Theater’ and Bodrum Castle.
Villa Konak 17 rooms from £38Izmir, Turkish Aegean Coast
Friendly, peaceful hideaway, a few minutes from the bustling harbour and bazaar of Kusadasi. Large white washed rooms with traditional Turkish carpets. A lovely pool and shady spots for unwinding. An ideal base for local exploring.Value chic - A tranquil friendly hotel, with very reasonalbe prices, close to one of the largest archaeological sites in the world.Total relaxation - Take it easy with complimentary afternoon tea, strolls through the lush gardens and lounging by the pool.Great walks - Just a five minute walk from the town centre, head in for a wander and explore its hidden treasures.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby historical sites of Ephasus, Priene and Miletus.
Anzac Golden Bed Pansiyon 9 rooms from £22Kusadasi, Turkish Aegean Coast
Friendly, owner-run guesthouse with rooftop bar, hidden away in a maze of alleys above the harbour. Stunning views from the rooftop over the city. Simple, comfortable rooms with traditional furniture are light and airy. Indulgent local breakfasts. Well priced and located for local exploring.Value chic - A well priced small hotel with stunning city views within walking distance of the port and beaches.Sights nearby - Just a 20 minute drive from the ruins of Ephesus.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Views - Great views from hotel
Naz Han 12 rooms from £61Selcuk, Turkish Aegean Coast
Quaint small hotel with roof terrace and leafy courtyard in the heart of Selcuk's old quarter. Traditional fabrics and artefacts bring colour to white washed rooms with exposed stone. Home cooked food served in the courtyard. A well priced property to explore the local area.Local exploring - Relaxed and well located, just steps away from St. John's Basilica in Selçuk with a shuttle service to the famed Ephesus.Sights nearby - Explore Ephesus the trade centre of the ancient world.Traditional
The Muses House 5 rooms from £83Kudasi, Turkish Aegean Coast
Beautifully converted from an old village home to a fantastically stylish boutique hotel. A luxurious cocoon with a pool terrace courtyard and elegant cream rooms. A great base to explore the wooded hills of the Dilek peninsula, the fleshpots of Kusadasi and the beaches of the Aegean coast.Back to Nature - Kirazli at the base of the National Park is surrounded by cherry and almond orchards, vineyards and olive groves.Local exploring - A quaint boutique hotel just a 20 minute drive from Ephesus and the seaside, penty to be seen and done.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the famed archological site of Ephesus.Full of character
D Hotel Maris 200 rooms from £272Marmaris, Turkish Aegean Coast
A fabulous hotel set on the cliff top and surrounded by national parkland. Stunning sea views, beautiful rooms and suites, hotel yachts to charter, water sports galore, and five private beaches. The ideal choice for a luxury beach holiday.Views - Spectacular sea viewsWatersports - Private beaches.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Total relaxationRecommended by - CN Traveller
Olive Garden kabak 12 rooms from £81Faralya, Turkish Aegean Coast
This charming environmental property is located in the sleepy village of Kabak. You'll find twelve separate cabins, simple in design with exposed woodwork and bathrooms. With an outdoor pool and gorgeous views over Kabak Bay. The delicious Mediterranean breakfasts and dinner are a complete hit .Sights nearby - Saklıkent Canon, with its icy waters even in the hot summers, is a refreshing treat!Great walks - Walk in the footsteps of ancient traders along the Lycian Way.Local markets - Rummage through the Old City markets of Fethiye.Restrictions on children - Over 14's are welcome.
IncirliEv 8 rooms from £70Alaçatı (Çeşme İzmir)
A charming boutique hotel. Traditional elements combined with contemporary chic. Lovely white washed rooms with four poster beds and parquet floors. A quaint inner courtyard garden and breakfast room. Easy access to beaches, and good value.Full of characterValue chicSailing - Can be booked nearby.Great walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - I Escape
Beyevi Hotel 15 rooms from £114Alaçatı (Kemalpaşa Caddesi)
A beautiful white house in a lovely town close to the coast. Traditional chic interiors have white washed walls and boutique decorations. Excellent pool, restaurant, and original artworks. A very romantic spot near the beach and historical sights.Sights nearby - Located at the peaceful end of Alacati's main streetLocal markets - Alacati has it's own marketRomantic - Good for couples.TraditionalRecommended by - CN Traveller
Tas Otel 7 rooms from £70Alaçatı (Yeni Mecidiye Mah. 3009 Sk)
A gorgeous country style house come rustic chic guesthouse. Romantic bedrooms with creamy furnishings and white washed walls. Lovely pool, garden and breakfast terrace. Close to the beach and lots to do in the area. A romantic spot.Beach LifeRomantic BreakSights nearby - Located in the centre of AlacatiRestrictions on children - Over 12s welcome.Recommended by - I Escape
Alavya 25 rooms from £175Alaçatı
An utterly romantic and luxurious boutique hotel. Chic rooms and suites spread across six houses. All have sumptuous furnishings, large bath tubs, and lots of natural light. Fantastic restaurant, lively bar, pretty orchards and swimming pool. A delightful spot.LuxuryRomantic BreakPrivate Hot Tub - Book one of the exclusive suites for your own hot tubSights nearby - Situated in the centre of Alacati
Nars Alacati 7 rooms from £82Alaçatı
A charming stone house with romantic bedrooms. Four poster beds, killim rugs, stand alone bath tubs and antique furniture. Gorgeous breakfast courtyard and walking distance to all attractions. A characterful choice close to the beach.Romantic BreakSights nearby - Walking distance from all that Alacati has to offerRomantic - Good for couples.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - CN Traveller