Search the best hotels in Cappadocia
Cappadocia's wondrous lunar landscape was formed around 70 million years ago by a massive volcanic eruption. The unique landscape has become an iconic Turkish site and between its cave houses, outdoor pursuits and even wine country, it is not hard to see the draw. The majority of the best places to stay in Cappadocia are cave hotels, but there are a few hotels on our list that our worth coming out into the light for, especially if you value contemporary luxury and space.
Where to stay - which town?
- Right in amongst the fairy chimneys and cliffs crenelated like honeycomb, Göreme is so beautiful that it really does defy description. It's not entirely unspoilt, as a destination this beautiful is bound to attract visitors, but it somehow manages to retain the feeling of being a traditional village. Our pick of the hotels in Goreme all feature accommodation hewn from the rocks, complemented by traditional furnishings and excellent restaurants.
- Ürgüp is one of the region's largest towns and has many upmarket hotels and fine restaurants. Ürgüp is also a good spot to explore this whole region from and you're near Ortahisar where there's a castle, monastery and folk museum. Most of the best accommodation in Ürgüp is in the town's honey coloured buildings or in the back alleys of the Old Town where there are some prime examples of the local architecture.
- Uçhisar has some of the best views of the whole of Cappadocia, from the top of its castle you can see pretty much the whole region. Uçhisar is also a great base for exploring the region, and it is also known for great restaurants and wonderful Ottoman style markets.
With the increasing popularity of this region, you'll find that the best places to stay in Cappadocia get filled up very quickly. So, do your homework and book well ahead to avoid disappointment.
The Best places to stay in Cappadocia
Stay in a Cave Hotel
- The Fairy Chimney Inn is one of the best places to stay in Cappadocia if you're looking for a traditional Turkish cave hotel experience. Rooms are decoratively sparse, but have wonderful rugs and local textiles. There are impressively carved fireplaces and many nooks and crannies. Some rooms sleep up to six, so this is also ideal for families.
- Kayakapi Premium Caves is a stunning and unique hotel comprising of restored historical caves carved into the soft stone cliffs of Kayakapi neighbourhood in Göreme National Park.
- For something more off-the-beaten-track, book the charming Gamirasu Cave set within a system of caves in the rural Turkish village of Ayvali. The elegant rooms are full of character with antique furnishings and exposed vaulted ceilings.
A Cave Hotel Above Ground
- If you don't like the idea of sleeping below ground but you still want a cave hotel experience, the Sultan Cave Suites are an excellent compromise. This regal house is cut into the side of a cliff, so while some of the 30 rooms are cut into the rock they're not below the earth - the impressive views of Göreme are a bonus as well.
- The Hezen Cave Hotel is perfect if you like your accommodation rustic but chic and with plenty of exposed stone. And, most importantly, above ground.
For Beautiful Views
- Serinn House is another wonderfully chic hotel in a beautiful rustic setting. The minimalist decor makes the most of this near fort-like building. It also boasts rooms with terraces from which you can admire the countryside.
- If you're looking for a high end hotel experience book the Cappadocia Cave Resort. This is a big hotel - there are 79 rooms - built into the hillside with stunning views of the valleys below. As well as the theatrical setting this resort has several fabulous restaurants, cavernous rooms and suites and an impressive spa.
- Looking for somewhere romantic? Book the Museum Hotel. Another cave hotel, the Museum Hotel is especially warm and magical - probably because these are some of the most opulent caves you'll have ever seen. With charming antiques, subtle lighting, large warm spaces and hot tubs. The Museum Hotel also has one of Cappadocia's best restaurants.
- Ürgüp’s Sacred House Hotel is a renovated grand townhouse packed with character. Individually styled rooms feature arches, exposed stonework, domed ceilings and particularly impressive bathrooms.
- Argos in Cappadocia is a collection of beautiful stone houses and suites set into a hillside. There are 53 luxurious rooms with stone walls and sumptuous furnishings - some of the rooms have hot tubs and terraces with spectacular views over the surrounding landscape. There's even a three bedroomed separate mansion with private pool - ideal for a family or small group.
- Kale Konak is a traditional Turkish building occupying one of the highest points in Uçhisar. There are 14 large rustic, almost medieval feeling, rooms (families should book a suite which can sleep up to four), plus stunning views. You’re right by the castle and close to numerous restaurants.
For Great Value
- The Taskonaklar Rocky Palace is a charming complex of 18 rooms and suites with excellent views and reams of history. Expect stone walls, killim rugs, fireplaces and stepped terraces, and all at a great price.
For an Apartment or Villa
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Most people travelling to Cappadocia will arrive in Turkey via Istanbul Ataturk Airport. From there it’s possible to transfer to either Kayseri Erkilet Airport, which is around 70kms from Göreme and 60kms from Ürgüp, or Neveshir Kapadokya Airport, which is around 40kms from Göreme and 30kms from Ürgüp. You can also travel by rail from Istanbul, or Kayseri Airport is on a busy railway route and there are good links from all across Turkey.
- If you want to hire a car we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Cappadocia is the kind of destination with year-round appeal. April through June are excellent if you’re looking for the best weather conditions - July and August are probably too hot for a lot of us. During winter you can also ski in Erciyes.
Still not sure?
- Refine your search to the best places to stay in Ürgüp?
- Or best places to stay in Göreme, or Uçhisar?
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Cappadocia
Best Hotels in Cappadocia
Fairy Chimney Inn Goreme (Aydinli Mahallesi) 14 rooms from £48Groups - Some rooms sleep up to 6.Value chicFamiliesViews - Great views from hotel
A rustic hotel that offers a traditional Turkish experience. Rooms (some sleep up to 6) are sparse in decoration with stone walls, killim rugs, and fireplaces. Fantastic authentic Turkish cuisine and cooking lessons. A great value choice for groups of friends and families exploring the area. See More
Sultan Cave Suites Goreme 30 rooms from £69Views - Wonderful views over the surrounding countryside from the stone terracesGreat walks - Fantastic walking and hiking in the areaRestaurant - Serving traditional Antaolian dishesSights nearby - Cappadocia Cultural Centre on site
Taskonaklar Rocky Palace Uçhisar 18 rooms from £78Value chicViews - Great views from hotelPrivate Hot Tub - Some suites come with private outdoor hot tubRestaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Tablet
Kayakapi Premium Caves Urgup, Cappadocia 32 rooms from £107Unusual - Restored historical caves carved into soft stone cliffs of Kayakapi neighborhood, in Göreme National ParkSwimming Pool - Outdoor, with a separate kids areaRestaurant - Cappadocian specialitiesViews - Across Ürgüp
A stunning and unique hotel comprising of restored historical caves carved into soft stone cliffs of Kayakapi neighborhood, in Göreme National Park. Rooms highly luxurious with white-washed walls, antique furnishings and fireplaces. With Turkish baths, a gym, an outdoor swimming pool and restaurant. See More
Kale Konak Uçhisar (Nevsehir) 14 rooms from £104Views - Breathtaking views over the surrounding countryside and Argeus MountainSights nearby - Situated right next door to Uchisar CastleLocal markets - Good for local colour.Traditional
Hezen Cave Hotel Urgup, Cappadocia 10 rooms from £121Views - Great views from hotelLuxuryRomantic BreakLocal markets - Bazaars of Urgup and Goreme.Recommended by - Tablet, I Escape
Sacred House Ürgüp (Barbaros Hayrettin Sok No: 25) 21 rooms from £125Local exploring - The hotel is situated in a historically fascinating area.Sights nearby - Visit the Devrent Valley, full of interesting rock formations and just 2km from the Urgup.Restrictions on children - Over 15's are welcomed.Romantic - Good for couples.
A renovated grand townhouse packed with character. Individually styled rooms feature arches, exposed stonework, domed ceilings and particularly impressive bathrooms. An extensive spa, complete with authentic hammam, is the perfect spot to unwind after a day of culture. A gem of a property. See More
Serinn House Urgup, Cappadocia 5 rooms from £117Views - Wonderful views over Urgup and the surrounding mountainsCountry EscapeLocal markets - Good for local colour.Great walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - I Escape
Ariana Sustainable Luxury Lodge Uçhisar (Göreme Sokak no 8) 11 rooms from £160Great walks - Goreme Tarihi Milli Park is full of wonderful walking routes.Sights nearby - Ten minutes walk from the Uchisar Castle.Outstanding locationViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Tablet
Argos in Cappadocia Uçhisar 53 rooms from £141Architectural - Ancient stone houses and tunnels carved from the cliff face.Views - Wondrous views over breathtaking landscape.LuxuryHoneymoonsRecommended by - Tablet, I Escape, Kiwi Collection
A cluster of old stone houses and sumptuous suites and tunnels set on a hill and in the rock face. Luxurious and romantic rooms have stone walls, sumptuous furnishings and hot tubs. Lovely terraces have stunning views over the landscape. Very romantic but family friendly too. See More
Gamirasu Cave Ürgüp 30 rooms from £161Romantic Break - This unique and picturesque cave hotel, with deluxe suites and stunning surrounds, makes for a special getaway for two.Families - With excellent multi-person suites, children's menus and babysitting services, it's perfect for family holidays.Sights nearby - The hotel sits just six miles from Nikolos Monastery and Mazı Underground City.Great walks - Make the most of the superb walking in the nearby Goreme National Park.
A charming hotel set in a cave system in the rural Turkish village of Ayvali. The elegant rooms are full of character with antique furnishings and exposed vaulted ceilings. Relax by the pool or take a horse riding trek through the surrounding countryside. A Turkish delight. See More
Museum Hotel Uçhisar 30 rooms from £191Foodies - One of Cappdocia's best restaurants.Views - Beautiful valley views.ArchitecturalLuxuryRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Relais & Chateaux
A stunning luxury hotel in magical surroundings. Historical, romantic and opulent cavernous interiors make for a perfect honeymoon or couples getaway. Rooms and suites have subtle lighting, large warm spaces and hot tubs. Fabulous restaurant, spa, and gorgeous countryside to explore. See More
Cappadocia Cave Resort & Spa Uçhisar 104 rooms from £233Views - Great views from hotelRestaurant - Two dining options: traditional and authentic Turkish or a Sushi bar.Sights nearby - Situated close to Uchisar castleSwimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor PoolsRecommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels