Search the best hotels in Bedfordshire
If you're looking for an East England countryside escape, look no further than Bedfordshire: a region defined by lush pastureland, dark forests and wide valleys populated by wildflower. Kids will love the Woburn Safari Park and Whipsnade Zoo, not to mention the many walking and cycling trails to be found - from the Dunstable Downs to the Forest of Marston Vale - while history-lovers and culture vultures will be kept occupied with the historical sites such as the 12th century Priory Church of St. Peter, in Dunstable, the vast collection of Roman and Saxon artefacts on display in the Higgins Bedford Museum and the Thursday market in Ampthill. The best places to stay in Bedfordshire are just as varied with chic boutiques, luxury hotels and charming cottages all on offer.
What not to miss
- Take the kids for a day out at either Woburn Safari Park or Whipsnade Zoo.
- Visit the 12th century Priory Church of St. Peter where the Church of England was born.
- Head to Woburn Abbey, a former monastery turned art gallery.
- Check out the Higgins Bedford Museum for their impressive display of Roman and Saxon artefacts.
- Explore the charming market town of Ampthill, and peruse out the Thursday market.
- Roam the grounds of Wrest Park, in Silsoe, a neo-Renaissance country house.
- Enjoy walking and cycling through the gorgeous countryside, from Greensand Ridge to the Dunstable Downs.
Full of natural beauty and teeming with historic sites, Bedfordshire is a charming region that is bound to enchant. Browse through our collection of the best places to stay in Bedfordshire to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay in Bedfordshire
- Harlington Manor: charming and elegant, offering traditionally-furnished rooms adorned with antiques, an indulgent breakfast and beautiful gardens in which you can relax. A lovely getaway-nest for couples.
- The George Inn: set in a gorgeous 16th century pub in the charming village of Maulden, offering stylish and cosy rooms, a superb restaurant and great walking spots nearby.
- d'Parys: just outside Bedford town centre, offering comfortable and elegant rooms, an atmospheric pub and sumptuous cuisine in the restaurant. Great for couples on a romantic weekend away.
- Luton Hoo Hotel: where Downton Abbey meets the modern world, offering traditional elegance with chandeliers and antique furniture, set in rolling green parkland, and a fantastic restaurant and brasserie. Don't miss the 18-hole golf course on the estate!
For an apartment or cottage
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of cottages and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the summer when the temperature ranges between 14 and 22 degrees.
- Fly to London Stanstead and get a train to Luton, from where you can get a bus or taxi to your destination,
- If you want to rent a car we recommend contacting our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Discover our pick of the 25 best country house hotels across the UK.
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in the United Kingdom.
- Or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Bedfordshire
Harlington Manor Dunstable, Bedfordshire 3 rooms from £90Sights nearby - Both about five miles away Woburn Abbey and Cainhoe Castle are worth visiting.Great walks - The surrounding countryside is full of beautiful walking routes.Romantic - Good for couples.
The George Inn Maulden, Bedfordshire 7 rooms from £100Great walks - A great base for strolling along the Greensand Ridge Walk.Local markets - Browse the local country market at Maulden.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Sawdays
Nestled in the ancient village of Maulden, The George Inn is set in a charming 16th century pub with rooms. After a stylish modern renovation, the inn now features a superb restaurant and funky accommodation. There's excellent walking in the surrounding area. Great value too! See More
d'Parys Bedford, Bedfordshire 14 rooms from £105Sights nearby - Visit the magnificent nearby Cainhoe Castle.Fishing - Go fishing on the nearby River Ouse.Romantic - Good for couples.
Luton Hoo Hotel Luton, Bedfordshire 144 rooms from £320Spa breaks - Take a 'Spa Break' package and enjoy a few days of complete relaxation in the tranquil surrounds and extensive spa.Weddings - A stunning backdrop to a wedding and experienced staff to make sure the day goes exactly as you imagine.Active Holiday - Golf breaks on offer and a course within the estate.Great walks - Take a stroll through the surrounding parkland.
A five-star hotel and spa set in an imposing stately home in glorious parkland. An 18-hole golf course within the estate. Traditional and elegant interiors feature chandeliers, antique furniture and opulence galore. An elegant restaurant and brasserie. Ideal for weekend getaways. See More