- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Blackpool
When you think of the glory days of the seaside resort, Blackpool springs first to mind. For this reason there is a vast range of accommodation on offer and the best places to stay in Blackpool range from very affordable family-friendly options to five star boutique hotels.
Known for its Pleasure Beach, THREE piers and fabulous tower, Blackpool was THE place to come for sun, sea, sand and fun before most of us could afford to fly. But despite the dated feel and the slightly kitsch architecture, Blackpool still welcomes in around 15 million visitors a year! There are some who even come out of season to enjoy Blackpool’s once magical Illuminations.
The Pleasure Beach is probably one of the main reasons for people to visit - it’s got around 145 rides, but for something really special you need to visit Blackpool Tower. Built in 1894, this building has housed all sorts of entertainments but these days has a magnificent ballroom, a Moorish circus, an adventure playground, a dungeon experience and an observation deck with a glass floor.
What Not To Miss
- Hop on the Blackpool Tramway for the quickest, easiest and cheapest way to see all that the city has to offer.
- Blackpool Zoo, home to over 1,000 animals within a 32-acre park, is a splendid choice for a family day out.
- Adrenaline junkies should definitely check out the aptly named 'The Big One', Blackpool's largest rollercoaster!
- Madame Tussauds Blackpool and Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Blackpool are both highly entertaining places to wander around for a few hours.
If you want to book one of the best places to stay in Blackpool during the busy holiday periods, you'll have to get organised and plan well ahead. Even if you're coming in quieter months, don't leave it until the last minute to book... Blackpool is still a very popular spot
The Best Places to stay in Blackpool
- If you’re looking for great, family friendly value then the Big Blue Hotel is a great option, with a wide range of modern rooms starting from just £55 per night. You’re also right next to the Pleasure Beach.
For sea views
- For something a little more boutique, try Number One South Beach, a 15 room hotel with a range of colourful, uniquely decorated rooms - many offering sweeping views over the beach. Rooms are themed, and very different from each other - so have a look at a few before you choose. Great for couples, and there’s also a decent restaurant.
Just Outside Town
- The Cartford Inn belies its rather bland exterior to provide lovely, characterful accommodation including a superb penthouse suite. There's also excellent grub served up, too.
For An Apartment
If you think you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner Booking.com.
- You're best off visiting Blackpool in the summer, with the average temperature rising to 16°C in July and August. This however is peak tourist season and so expect the place to be pretty busy.
- International visitors can fly into Liverpool Airport or Manchester Airport before getting the train or bus to Blackpool.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Blackpool
Big Blue Hotel 157 rooms from £55Blackpool, Lancashire
Big, blue and family-friendly modern luxury hotel situated next to Blackpool's pleasure beach. Designers Guild fabrics and thoughtful interior design give it a twist. Ideal for families who want a bit of contemporary comfort, in a good location.Child friendlySights nearby - Right next to the Pleasure BeachLively - Hip and happening.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Number One South Beach 15 rooms from £130Blackpool, Lancashire
Boutique hotel with a range of colourful and uniquely-decorated rooms, with sweeping views over the beach and sumptuous interiors. Themed rooms - 'Hip Hop', 'Noodle' - and a fully functioning restaurant. South beach in Blackpool...Four poster beds - For romantics.Romantic - Good for couples.On the beach - In front of the hotel.Quirky - An experience!Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide