- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Chichester
Chichester is the capital of West Sussex, a well-preserved Georgian market town with a beautiful cathedral, rows of 18th century townhouses, pleasant tea shops, and a world-renowned theatre and arts festival which keeps it feeling lively and cosmopolitan. The best places to stay in Chichester are close to all these attractions.
What Not To Miss
- Marvel at Chichester Cathedral - an iconic building with dramatic architecture rising high above the town and with great history. The inside is wonderful as well with spectacular stained glass windows and an assortment of historic tapestries and paintings.
- Watch a production at the Chichester Festival Theatre with a great selection of shows ensuring that there will be something for all the family.
- Step back in time with a visit to Tangmere Military Aviation Museum situated on the site of an old WW2 airfield. There's plenty of things to see here, from a collection of historic aircraft to an air raid shelter.
- Alternatively, go even further back in time at the Weald and Downland Living Museum with numerous historic buildings dating back up to 1000 years. Regular demonstrations also take place including cooking in a Tudor kitchen and Blacksmithing in a Victorian smithy.
- Stroll around the tranquil Bishop's Palace Gardens near to the Cathedral. The gardens really do provide an oasis in the middle of the town.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Chicester are centrally located to allow visitors to explore all the historic delights this town has to offer.
Chic and Central
- Chichester Harbour Hotel is a chic boutique hotel set in the heart of the pretty Georgian city of Chichester. Find contemporary rooms, a lively bar and fantastic restaurant. An underground spa is utterly spoiling and the central location gives easy access to the city's shops. The perfect spot for a city break.
For an apartment or cottage
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a range of quaint cottages and apartments ideal for exploring the historic centre of the town.
- Fly to Southampton Airport located 51km (32 miles) from Chichester. The airport has a good selection of destinations, including both domestic and across Europe.
- Visitors are able to catch a train to Chichester, with links to Southampton Airport, London and Brighton.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the town and surrounding area - for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - from June to early September typically provides the warmest weather for exploring everything that the town has to offer.
Still Not Sure?
- Browse through our list of the best places to stay in Chichester.
- Alternatively, widen the net to include our recommendations in West Sussex or Southampton.
- Or contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Chichester
Crouchers 26 rooms from £90Chichester
Set in a lovely converted farmhouse, Crouchers offers excellent accommodation near Chichester. Featuring spacious, comfortable rooms and a 2 AA Rosette restaurant, it's a great base from which to explore the charms of West Sussex. The hotel also offers wedding services.Local exploring - Perfect for exploring the charms of West Sussex and the nearby south coast.Sights nearby - Take a trip into Chichester and visit sights such as the cathedral.Great walks - The surrounding countryside is full of lovely walking routes.
Church Lodge 3 rooms from £100Chichester (Birdham)
Just a short way from the Sussex coast, Church Lodge is a delightful, small B&B featuring three lovely rooms. The style is comfortable and contemporary with crisp colour schemes and tasteful furnishings. A quiet spot for a weekend away on the south coast.Local exploring - A great base from which to explore the West Sussex coastline.Sights nearby - Take a day trip to Chichester and explore city's fascinating cathedral.Great walks - Go for lovely walks along the nearby Sussex coastline.
Chichester Harbour Hotel 36 rooms from £121Chichester (West Sussex)
A chic boutique hotel set in the heart of the pretty Georgian city of Chichester. Find contemporary rooms, a lively bar and fantastic restaurant. An underground spa is utterly spoiling and the central location gives easy access to the city's shops. The perfect spot for a city break.City Style - A chic hotel in the heart of Chichester offering fantastic food and easy access to the city.Great walks - Spend a day exploring the picturesque South Down’s countryside.Sights nearby - Visit the medieval cathedral located at the heart of the city.Romantic - Good for couples.