- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Harrogate
Harrogate is a quintessential Victorian spa town, with lovely neat gardens. Many of the town’s visitors are coming for one or the other - the spectacular RHS Harlow Carr Gardens are on the western edge of town and the town’s spring waters are said to have health giving properties. Harrogate is also a popular spot for weekenders. There are plenty of fashionable hotel and eateries, as well as more traditional places - our pick of the best places to stay in Harrogate features something for all tastes.
The prettiest, and some would say most romantic, part of town is the Montpellier Quarter These pedestrianised streets are where you’ll find many of the antique shops and art galleries and little boutiques and eateries.
After a stroll round here it’s worth taking in some of the town’s wonderful open areas - Harrogate has some of the most beautiful public green spaces in England. Reminisce about the old days at the Royal Pump Room Museum, or maybe even try a spa treatment or two for yourself.
No trip to Harrogate would be complete without a visit to the iconic Betty's Tearooms. Pop in for a pot of tea accompanied by delicious cakes and simply watch the world go by!
What not to miss:
Take a stroll through the spectacular RHS Harlow Carr Gardens.
Discover the antique shops and art galleries in the charming Montpellier Quarter.
- Visit the Royal Pump Room Museum and learn about the town's history.
- Book yourself into one of the famous spas for a day of relaxation.
- Make a stop at the iconic Betty's Tearooms for a traditional high-tea.
Don't forget to plan well ahead if you want to book one of the best places to stay in Harrogate - it's a very popular spot year round.
The best places to stay in Harrogate
- The West Park Hotel is traditional on the outside but distinctly contemporary inside. Rooms are all different, decorated in a neutral palate, with modern bathrooms. and there’s an award winning restaurant and a friendly bar, plus views over The Stray and its 200 acres of open parkland.
- Harrogate also has a Hotel du Vin & Bistro with 48 rooms - with all the mod. cons. you’d expect, an excellent bistro and views over The Stray.
A rural stay
- Boar's Head Hotel, an old coaching inn on the Ripley Castle Estate, offers an elegant, intimate stay with classic rooms filled with antiques and paintings just a short drive from Harrogate.
For a B&B
- The Bijou is a stylish B&B in the trendy Duchy Estate area. Come here for chic rooms, just five minutes walk from the centre of town. Great for families with a separate Coach House available to rent.
For an apartment or cottage
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner, booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- The closest airport is, Leeds-Bradford International Airport, offering direct flights daily across Europe,
- North Yorkshire is served by both CrossCountry and East Coast railway lines. The closest major rail stations are in Leeds and York. Harrogate train station provides direct links to York, Leeds and London Kings Cross.
- Best time to visit - Harrogate is a year round destination with all seasons offering their own charm however for the best chance at warm bright days plan a trip in the summer months (May - August).
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos for the best prices.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Harrogate
The Bijou 10 rooms from $109Harrogate
Stylish bed and breakfast in Harrogate's fashionable Duchy Estate area. Ten individually designed bedrooms plus a coach house which is perfect for families. Smart interiors include hardwood floors and statement rugs. Just a five minute walk from the centre of town & easy access to the Dales.Local exploring - A great base to discover Harrogate with its antique shops and the iconic Betty's Tearoom or further afield the Yorkshire Dales.Great walks - Valley Gardensn or get out of town and explore the Yorkshire DalesSights nearby - Ripley Castle
West Park Hotel 25 rooms from $156Harrogate (North Yorkshire)
This traditional, period Harrogate property sits overlooking The Stray and its 200 acres of open park land. All rooms are decorated in neutral palettes with bright, accent prints with coffee machines and modern bathrooms. Opt for a balcony! There is also an award winning restaurant and popular bar.Great walks - The Yorkshire Moors have long attracted walkers and ramblers alike - see the famous Brimham rocks.Local markets - Sample local treats at the Harrogate Famer's Market, located on Cambridge Street.Sights nearby - Ripley Castle, St Wilfred's Church and the Royak Pump House are all close by.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
Hotel du Vin & Bistro Harrogate 48 rooms from $233Harrogate (West Yorkshire)
A row of Georgian houses wonderfully restored to create this chic spa hotel in Harrogate's Old Town. The comfortable suites ooze grown up style, with free standing tubs, muted tones and hard wood furnishings. Feast on award winning cuisine, sip on champagne and book in for a spa treatment. Bliss!Total relaxation - Unwind in style with bubbely in the courtyard, massages in the elegant spa and gorge in the chic restaurant.Foodies - Foodie Mecca, with award winning cuisine in the hotel bistro, an extensive cellar and more than ample bar!Local exploring - Harrogate is a beautiful town full of history, architectural delights, trendy eateries and boutique shops.Great walks - Just across the road is the historic grassland of The Stray in Old Town, with 200 acres of lawns.