Search the best hotels in Lincoln
Lincoln’s architecture ranges from its Roman beginnings to modern structures, via the 11th Century Norman castle, an impressive 12th Century Gothic cathedral, beautiful medieval streets and some very well preserved Tudor townhouses. There is plenty of choice when it comes to the best places to stay in Lincoln and some of the most charming occupy some fairly ancient buildings.
Things not to miss
- The Cathedral and Castle are the big hitters in Lincoln and there's no excuse for missing out on these wonderful depictions of Norman architecture.
- Furthermore Lincoln is home to a glorious medieval Bishop’s Palace.
- Browse the town's numerous museums, including the Museum of Lincolnshire Life and The Collection, which houses around two million objects of local and historical significance.
- Lincoln also hosts a wonderful German style Christmas market during December.
The best places to stay in Lincoln are very popular during July and August and in December, so unless you're coming during quieter months, get organised and book well ahead.
For a boutique experience
- The Rest is a chic, ten room B&B with a bar and coffee house, perfectly located right between Lincoln’s cathedral and castle. You’re also right on the spot at Christmas time for one of Europe’s largest Christmas markets.
- Swish and sleek, The Castle Hotel is perfect for an intimate stay in the centre of Lincoln. With stylish rooms, an excellent restaurant and a cool bar, it's a great launchpad for a weekend in Lincoln.
For a private cottage or apartment
- If your interested in something a little more private, we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- For airport links, Lincoln is best served by East Midlands and Birmingham Airport.
- Lincoln train station is connected by a number of regional routes as well as daily services to and from London.
- One of the best ways to explore the area is by car, so for car hire recommend refering to our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Lincoln is the summer months with an average temperature of 21 degrees in July and August.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Lincoln, or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
- Also you can extend your search and check out all our Lincolnshire recommendations.
Monthly Weather in Lincoln
Best Hotels in Lincoln
Lut's B&B Lincoln (North Hykeham) 4 rooms from £50Great walks - Great walking routes in the surrounding countryside.Sights nearby - Within four miles of Lincoln's city centre.Fishing - Good pike fishing on the nearby Witham.Boutique
The Old Palace Lodge Lincoln 16 rooms from £70Sights nearby - Within two minutes walk of both city's most famous landmarks: the Cathedral and the Castle.Local markets - Browse Lincoln's nearby artists market.
West Wing Lincoln 6 rooms from £85Local markets - If you are in town at Christmas, explore Lincoln's festive market.Sights nearby - Within ten minutes walk of both the Cathedral and the Castle.Restaurant - Plenty of restaurants nearby
Bridleway B&B Lincoln 4 rooms from £90Sights nearby - Within easy reach of Lincoln and its famous castle and cathedral.Great walks - The surrounding countryside is full of lovely walking routes.Romantic - Good for couples.
Chapel Guesthouse Lincoln (Branston) 3 rooms from £90Great walks - The surrounding countryside is full of excellent walking trails.Sights nearby - Four miles from central Lincoln and its famous sights.Restrictions on children - Adult only.
Washingborough Hall Lincoln (Washingborough) 20 rooms from £106Local exploring - The ideal base for exploring both Lincoln and the surrounding countrysideSights nearby - Lincoln is home to its famous caste and cathedral.Local markets - Lincoln's Christmas Market should not be missed.Great walks - Explore the Lincolnshire Wolds on footRecommended by - Sawdays
The Castle Hotel, Lincoln Lincoln 18 rooms from £110Sights nearby - Within five minutes walk of both Lincoln Castle and Lincoln Cathedral of St. Mary.Local markets - Don't miss the festive Lincoln Christmas Market in December.Romantic - Good for couples.Boutique
The Rest Lincoln, Lincolnshire 10 rooms from £119Sights nearby - round the corner from Lincoln CathedralLocal markets - One of Europes most largest Christmas markets.Restaurant - Coffee House serving Paninis etc.Four poster beds - Garden room