- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Lincoln
Lincoln’s architecture ranges from its Roman beginnings to modern structures, via the 11th Century Norman castle, an impressive 12th Century Gothic cathedral, beautiful medieval streets and some very well preserved Tudor townhouses. There is plenty of choice when it comes to the best places to stay in Lincoln and some of the most charming occupy some fairly ancient buildings.
Things not to miss
- The Cathedral and Castle are the big hitters in Lincoln and there's no excuse for missing out on these wonderful depictions of Norman architecture.
- Furthermore Lincoln is home to a glorious medieval Bishop’s Palace.
- Browse the town's numerous museums, including the Museum of Lincolnshire Life and The Collection, which houses around two million objects of local and historical significance.
- Lincoln also hosts a wonderful German style Christmas market during December.
The best places to stay in Lincoln are very popular during July and August and in December, so unless you're coming during quieter months, get organised and book well ahead.
For a boutique experience
- The Rest is a chic, ten room B&B with a bar and coffee house, perfectly located right between Lincoln’s cathedral and castle. You’re also right on the spot at Christmas time for one of Europe’s largest Christmas markets.
- Swish and sleek, The Castle Hotel is perfect for an intimate stay in the centre of Lincoln. With stylish rooms, an excellent restaurant and a cool bar, it's a great launchpad for a weekend in Lincoln.
For a private cottage or apartment
- If your interested in something a little more private, we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- For airport links, Lincoln is best served by East Midlands and Birmingham Airport.
- Lincoln train station is connected by a number of regional routes as well as daily services to and from London.
- One of the best ways to explore the area is by car, so for car hire recommend refering to our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Lincoln is the summer months with an average temperature of 21 degrees in July and August.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Lincoln
Lut's B&B 4 rooms from £50Lincoln (North Hykeham)
Set on a charming farm a few miles outside Lincoln, Lut's B&B is a great place to stay. Offering lovely rooms and hearty breakfasts, it's a great spot for a weekend away from the city.Great walks - Great walking routes in the surrounding countryside.Sights nearby - Within four miles of Lincoln's city centre.Fishing - Good pike fishing on the nearby Witham.
The Old Palace 16 rooms from £70Lincoln
Nestled in Lincoln's magnificent historic quarter, The Old Palace is the original bishop's lodging now turned superb B&B. Each room carries its own individual charm and effortlessly blends period features with contemporary touches. A stlish stay close to the city's most historic sights.Sights nearby - Within two minutes walk of both city's most famous landmarks: the Cathedral and the Castle.Local markets - Browse Lincoln's nearby artists market.
West Wing D'Isney Place 6 rooms from £85Lincoln
Right in the heart of Lincoln, West Wing D'Isney Place offers smart, comfortable accomodation. Featuring an assortment of rooms as well as an exclusive apartment, the house offers kitchen facilities and a lovely garden.Local markets - If you are in town at Christmas, explore Lincoln's festive market.Sights nearby - Within ten minutes walk of both the Cathedral and the Caste.
Bridleway B&B 4 rooms from £90Lincoln
A rural idyll just a few miles from Lincoln city centre. Awash with charm and character, Bridleway B&B features lovely rooms, excellent breakfasts and a whole load of farm animals.Sights nearby - Within easy reach of Lincoln and its famous castle and cathedral.Great walks - The surrounding countryside is full of lovely walking routes.Romantic - Good for couples.
Chapel Guesthouse 3 rooms from £90Lincoln (Branston)
Set in a renovated 19th century Methodist chapel, the Chapel Guesthouse is a great B&B a few miles from Lincoln. Boasting comfortable rooms and a spacious living room to relax in, the guesthouse is great for those looking for good value accommodation near Lincoln.Great walks - The surrounding countryside is full of excellent walking trails.Sights nearby - Four miles from central Lincoln and its famous sights.Restrictions on children - Adult only.
Washingborough Hall 20 rooms from £106Lincoln (Washingborough)
Spectacular family-run Georgian country manor. Twenty boutique rooms and suites, some featuring ornate four-poster beds. AA rosette winning restaurant serving locally sourced European cuisine. Great conference and wedding venue. Ideal for couples, explorers and outdoors enthusiasts.Local exploring - The ideal base for exploring both Lincoln and the surrounding countrysideSights nearby - Lincoln is home to its famous caste and cathedral.Local markets - Lincoln's Christmas Market should not be missed.Great walks - Explore the Lincolnshire Wolds on footRecommended by - Sawdays
The Castle Hotel, Lincoln 18 rooms from £110Lincoln
Townhouse-style, boutique hotel in a great location for enjoying the city’s sights and shops without having to walk far. Sleek and unfussy rooms in modish shades of grey and silver with an excellent, and lively, bistro-style restaurant.Sights nearby - Within five minutes walk of both Lincoln Castle and Lincoln Cathedral of St. Mary.Local markets - Don't miss the festive Lincoln Christmas Market in December.Romantic - Good for couples.
The Rest 10 rooms from £119Lincoln, Lincolnshire
Chic B&B providing a warm friendly welcome with Bar and coffee house serving delicious snacks. Situated between Lincoln's gorgeous Cathedral and the Castle. Ideal spot for making the most of this medieval historic city centre.Sights nearby - round the corner from Lincoln CathedralLocal markets - One of Europes most largest Christmas markets.Four poster beds - Garden roomRomantic - Good for couples.