Search the best hotels in Lincolnshire
Lincolnshire covers a great swathe of green and pleasant countryside from lush, rolling farmland to the dead flatness of the fens, via peaceful waterways. Despite Lincolnshire's beauty, this is a lightly populated county, just sprinkled with old, stone market towns and little seaside resorts. The best places to stay in Lincolnshire include charming old coaching inns and country house hotels worthy of their own period drama. Top spots for exploring include the towns of Lincoln and Stamford, both of which provide a blend of quaint and chic places to stay with no shortage of activities for visitors of all interests.
What Not To Miss:
- At one point, the tallest building in the world, Lincoln's centrally-located medieval Cathedral towers iconically against the city's skyline. If the exterior is impressive, the interior is simply breathtaking.
- Brace yourself for historical impact at the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre featuring historical juggernauts including a fully flying Lancaster bomber, alongside numerous memorabilia exhibitions.
- Visit a world of wealth and luxury in Belton House, star of the BBC's Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice - one of many stately manor homes in the county.
- Be entertained, educated and help with conservation efforts at Skegness' Natureland Seal Sanctuary aiming to rehabilitate orphaned and injured seal pups from Lincolnshire's beaches. Don't let the name mislead you though, as there are plenty of other exotic animals at the Sanctuary including alpacas and meercats.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Lincolnshire are popular establishments, so we'd recommend you book early if you want to bag a bed in one of these.
The Best Places to Stay in Linconlshire
The Best Places to Stay in Linconlshire For Historic Charm:
- The Bull & Swan is an ancient coaching inn with just seven rooms in the charming market town of Stamford. The food is good and the rooms are more modern than you'd expect from the beautiful old facade. And you're on the grounds of the Burghley Estate, so it's just a short stroll to Burghley House.
- Also in Stamford, on the Burghley Estate, The William Cecil is a refurbished country house with decor that blends quirkiness and splendour for a shabby chic feel. Plus you'll find good food and new, young staff. Cosy and quirky.
- The Brownlow Arms is a charming country inn/ country pub with seven elegant, comfortable rooms in the picturesque village of Hough-on-the-Hill. The surrounding countryside is beautiful, and there are plenty of historic sights to see, plus the food alone is worth a visit.
The Best Places to Stay in Linconlshire For a City Break
- The Rest is a chic B&B providing a warm friendly welcome with bar and coffee house serving delicious snacks. Situated between Lincoln's gorgeous Cathedral and the Castle, it's ideally placed for making the most of this medieval historic city centre.
Prefer an Apartment or Cottage?
- If you'd prefer to have your own space to explore this tranquil county, we recommend visiting our online partner, Booking.com for anything from quaint cottages to townhouses.
- The main airport in Lincolnshire is Humberside Airport - although visitors to the South of the County may find it more convenient to use East Midlands Airport located in neighboring Nottinghamshire.
- The county is well-connected by rail routes with a spread of typically smaller stations - with the exception of major stations such as Lincoln Central.
- The best time of year to visit is during the warm Summer months: June-September. However with many historical attractions remaining open year-round, other times of year will still present a memorable, albeit colder experience.
- One of the best ways to get out and explore the rolling beauty of this county is to rent a car through our online partner, Rentalcars
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Lincolnshire for you?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Lincolnshire?
- Or refine your search to our recommendations for 5 of the best pubs with rooms in Lincolnshire?
- Expand your search to include all our recommendations in Yorkshire or Cambridgeshire
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Lincolnshire
Lut's B&B Lincoln (North Hykeham) 4 rooms from £50
Set on a charming farm a few miles outside Lincoln, Lut's B&B is a great place to stay. Offering lovely rooms and hearty breakfasts, it's a great spot for a weekend away from the city.Great walks - Great walking routes in the surrounding countryside.Sights nearby - Within four miles of Lincoln's city centre.Fishing - Good pike fishing on the nearby Witham.
The Old Palace Lodge Lincoln 16 rooms from £70
In the heart of the city, in the shadow of the cathedral, this is a stunning location. What’s more, rooms are carved out of a former church. Expect grand features and a special atmosphere.Sights nearby - Within two minutes walk of both city's most famous landmarks: the Cathedral and the Castle.Local markets - Browse Lincoln's nearby artists market.
The Barn Sleaford, Lincolnshire 4 rooms from £80
This 17th century B&B is set in the beautiful conservation village of Folkingham. Four beautiful, individually designed rooms and a sitting room in which to relax. Loyal to its origins with a fireplace and oak beams. An ideal country stay with activities and sights all within a short drive.Sights nearby - Country houses such as Burghley and Belton as well as many cathedrals and churches are in the local area.Great walks - There are many beautiful walking routes starting from the village.Romantic - Good for couples.TraditionalRecommended by - Sawdays
The Grange Lincolnshire 3 rooms from £82
Set on a beautiful Victorian farm, The Grange is an delightful, intimate B&B. With welcoming hosts and two lovely rooms, it's perfect for a weekend in the countryside. Take lovely walks through the surrounding farmland or a enjoy a game of tennis.Sights nearby - Within easy reach of Lincoln and it's famous castle and cathedral.Great walks - Beautiful walking trail through the farm surroundings.Fishing - Trout fishing on the farms lake.TraditionalRecommended by - Sawdays
West Wing Lincoln 6 rooms from £85
A handsome Georgian house with hidden gardens in the shadow of Lincoln Cathedral. Comfortable homely bedrooms, free-ranging chickens, welcoming hosts and a house-party atmosphere.Local markets - If you are in town at Christmas, explore Lincoln's festive market.Sights nearby - Within ten minutes walk of both the Cathedral and the Castle.
Grayingham Lodge Northorpe, Lincolnshire 3 rooms from £85
Charming and tranquil, Grayingham Lodge is a lovely B&B in rural Lincolnshire. The elegant rooms are simply decorated with comfortable furnishings and crisp, white colour schemes. A great base for exploring the surrounding area.Sights nearby - Take a day trip to Lincoln and visit the magnificent cathedral and castle.Great walks - The surrounding countryside is full of beautiful walking routes.Local markets - Browse the antiques fair at Newark.Recommended by - Sawdays
The Elm Tree Lincolnshire 4 rooms from £90
A boutique B&B offering superlative accommodation in a pretty part of Lincolnshire. Individually styled rooms are spacious and luxurious with antique furniture, fireplaces and rich hues. Indulgent breakfasts are served by former chef and owner and there's plenty to explore in the local area.Local exploring - Perfectly located for you to explore the delights of rural Lincolnshire and beyond.Great walks - Take long walks in the picturesque nature reserves of Snipe Dales or Gibraler Point.Sights nearby - Visit the Bolingbroke Castle ruins dating back to 1220s.Restrictions on children - Adult only
Bridleway B&B Lincoln 4 rooms from £90
A rural idyll just a few miles from Lincoln city centre. Awash with charm and character, Bridleway B&B features lovely rooms, excellent breakfasts and a whole load of farm animals.Sights nearby - Within easy reach of Lincoln and its famous castle and cathedral.Great walks - The surrounding countryside is full of lovely walking routes.Romantic - Good for couples.
Chapel Guesthouse Lincoln (Branston) 3 rooms from £90
Set in a renovated 19th century Methodist chapel, the Chapel Guesthouse is a great B&B a few miles from Lincoln. Boasting comfortable rooms and a spacious living room to relax in, the guesthouse is great for those looking for good value accommodation near Lincoln.Great walks - The surrounding countryside is full of excellent walking trails.Sights nearby - Four miles from central Lincoln and its famous sights.Restrictions on children - Adult only.
The New Inn Grimsby, Lincolnshire 10 rooms from £99
This swanky, refurbished, Grade II listed inn provides guests with luxurious, individually decorated rooms. Expect plush beds, art hangings and antique decor. Boasting beautiful natural surroundings and a lively, atmospheric pub and restaurant.Foodies - Chef Chris O'Halloran offers delicious pub staples amongst other dishes using organic food from its own estateCountry Escape - Enjoy a relaxing weekend in this vamped-up, stylish inn surrounded by picturesque countrysideSights nearby - Locals recommend Elsham Hall for beautiful wildlife and resident animalsGreat walks - Woodland walks and coastal paths in and around Grimsby
The Bull & Swan Stamford 7 rooms from £100
Ancient coaching inn of just seven rooms on the Burghley Estate in a charming market town. Good food and elegant bedrooms.Sights nearby - Burghley House within a cross country walkRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Allington Manor Nr Grantham, Lincolnshire 3 rooms from £105
A unique B&B and wedding venue brimming with as much charm as there are antiques. Each of the three individually styled rooms are light and airy with softly patterned wallpaper and beds featuring draped headboards.Private dining areas offer guests to host their own dinner party or event. Fabulous.Country Escape - A beautiful manor house filled with antiques in a beautiful part of rural Britain.Weddings - Allington Manor is a unique venue for weddings, civil partnerships and receptions.Great walks - Enjoy long walks through the picturesque countryside.Sights nearby - Take a tour of the National Trust's Belton House.
Washingborough Hall Lincoln (Washingborough) 20 rooms from £106
A miniature Georgian mansion, surrounded by lawned gardens yet within 10 minutes of Lincoln city centre. Its restaurant has a well-deserved reputation while bedrooms offer a choice of traditional or contemporary style.Local exploring - The ideal base for exploring both Lincoln and the surrounding countrysideSights nearby - Lincoln is home to its famous caste and cathedral.Local markets - Lincoln's Christmas Market should not be missed.Great walks - Explore the Lincolnshire Wolds on footRecommended by - Sawdays
The Castle Hotel, Lincoln Lincoln 18 rooms from £110
Townhouse-style, boutique hotel in a great location for enjoying the city’s sights and shops without having to walk far. Sleek and unfussy rooms in modish shades of grey and silver with an excellent, and lively, bistro-style restaurant.Sights nearby - Within five minutes walk of both Lincoln Castle and Lincoln Cathedral of St. Mary.Local markets - Don't miss the festive Lincoln Christmas Market in December.Romantic - Good for couples.
The Crown Stamford 18 rooms from £115
An old Coaching Inn located in the beautiful town of Stamford. Simply designed rooms have a traditional feel without being fussy - the best have free standing baths. A lively restaurant uses local produce to great effect. A warm, relaxed hotel ideal for a weekend exploring the region.Local exploring - Set in what is acclaimed to be one of Britain's most beautiful towns.Sights nearby - Take a tour of the nearby Burghley House and Sculpture Park.Great walks - Take picturesque walks in the surrounding countryside.Full of character
The Rest Lincoln, Lincolnshire 10 rooms from £119
Chic B&B providing a warm friendly welcome with Bar and coffee house serving delicious snacks. Situated between Lincoln's gorgeous Cathedral and the Castle. Ideal spot for making the most of this medieval historic city centre.Sights nearby - round the corner from Lincoln CathedralLocal markets - One of Europes most largest Christmas markets.Four poster beds - Garden roomRomantic - Good for couples.
The William Cecil Stamford 27 rooms from £130
A 2011 refurbishment of a small country house hotel on the Burghley House Estate, close to the A1. Shabby chic grafted onto good food and new, young staff. Cosy and quirky.Sights nearby - Burghley House close byRecommended by - Sawdays
The Brownlow Arms Lincolnshire 5 rooms from £130
A destination foodie inn with smart cooking and atmospheric bar and dining-rooms in a traditional, family-owned village pub. Bedrooms are homely and comfortable, and the welcome warm and genuine.Sights nearby - Lincoln Cathedral & Bailgate is a grand Gothic Cathedral, nestled in the cobbled bailgate area overlooking the city of LincolnGreat walks - Take a walk in the National Trust's Belton House groundsFull of characterRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
The George Stamford 47 rooms from £215
An old Coaching Inn sitting in the heart of an historic English town. Individually styled rooms are traditionally dressed with patterned wallpaper, chintz fabrics and antique furniture. An atmospheric restaurant serves up hearty fare in the oak-panelled hall. A quintessentially British stay.Local exploring - A historic building located in one of Britain's finest towns.Sights nearby - Explore the pretty town taking in the charming Browne's Hospital almshouses founded in 1475.Great walks - Embark on a picturesque walk from the hotel to Burghley House.Full of character