- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Lincolnshire
Lincolnshire covers a great swathe of green and pleasant countryside from lush, rolling farmland to the dead flatness of the fens, via peaceful waterways. Despite Lincolnshire's beauty, this is a lightly populated county, just sprinkled with old, stone market towns and little seaside resorts. The best places to stay in Lincolnshire include charming old coaching inns and country house hotels worthy of their own period drama. Top spots for exploring include the towns of Lincoln and Stamford, both of which provide a blend of quaint and chic places to stay with no shortage of activities for visitors of all interests.
What Not To Miss:
- At one point, the tallest building in the world, Lincoln's centrally-located medieval Cathedral towers iconically against the city's skyline. If the exterior is impressive, the interior is simply breathtaking.
- Brace yourself for historical impact at the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre featuring historical juggernauts including a fully flying Lancaster bomber, alongside numerous memorabilia exhibitions.
- Visit a world of wealth and luxury in Belton House, star of the BBC's Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice - one of many stately manor homes in the county.
- Be entertained, educated and help with conservation efforts at Skegness' Natureland Seal Sanctuary aiming to rehabilitate orphaned and injured seal pups from Lincolnshire's beaches. Don't let the name mislead you though, as there are plenty of other exotic animals at the Sanctuary including Alpacas and Meercats.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Lincolnshire are popular establishments, so we'd recommend you book early if you want to bag a bed in one of these.
Best places to stay in Lincolnshire
For Historical Charm:
- The Bull & Swan is an ancient coaching inn with just seven rooms in the charming market town of Stamford. The food is good and the rooms are more modern than you'd expect from the beautiful old facade. And you're on the grounds of the Burghley Estate, so it's just a short stroll to Burghley House.
- Also in Stamford, on the Burghley Estate, The William Cecil is a refurbished country house with decor that blends quirkiness and splendour for a shabby chic feel. Plus you'll find good food and new, young staff. Cosy and quirky.
- The Brownlow Arms is a charming country inn/ country pub with seven elegant, comfortable rooms in the picturesque village of Hough-on-the-Hill. The surrounding countryside is beautiful, and there are plenty of historic sights to see, plus the food alone is worth a visit.
For a City Break
- The Rest is a chic B&B providing a warm friendly welcome with bar and coffee house serving delicious snacks. Situated between Lincoln's gorgeous Cathedral and the Castle, it's ideally placed for making the most of this medieval historic city centre.
For an Apartment or Cottage
- If you'd prefer to have your own space to explore this tranquil county, we recommend visiting our online partner, Booking.com for anything from quaint cottages to townhouses.
- The main airport in Lincolnshire is Humberside Airport - although visitors to the South of the County may find it more convenient to use East Midlands Airport located in neighboring Nottinghamshire.
- The county is well-connected by rail routes with a spread of typically smaller stations - with the exception of major stations such as Lincoln Central.
- The best time of year to visit is during the warm Summer months: June-September. However with many historical attractions remaining open year-round, other times of year will still present a memorable, albeit colder experience.
- One of the best ways to get out and explore the rolling beauty of this county is to rent a car through our online partner, Holiday Autos.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Lincolnshire
Lut's B&B 4 rooms from $65Lincoln (North Hykeham)
Set on a charming farm a few miles outside Lincoln, Lut's B&B is a great place to stay. Offering lovely rooms and hearty breakfasts, it's a great spot for a weekend away from the city.Great walks - Great walking routes in the surrounding countryside.Sights nearby - Within four miles of Lincoln's city centre.Fishing - Good pike fishing on the nearby Witham.
The Brownlow Arms 7 rooms from $91Lincolnshire
A charming country inn set in the picturesque Lincoln village of Hough-on-the-Hill. Elegant rooms have been sympathetically refurbished by the owners leaving a classic British pub feel. The surrounding countryside offers a host of historical sights. The food alone makes the pub well worth a visit.Sights nearby - Lincoln Cathedral & Bailgate is a grand Gothic Cathedral, nestled in the cobbled bailgate area overlooking the city of LincolnGreat walks - Take a walk in the National Trust's Belton House groundsFull of characterRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
West Wing D'Isney Place 6 rooms from $111Lincoln
Right in the heart of Lincoln, West Wing D'Isney Place offers smart, comfortable accomodation. Featuring an assortment of rooms as well as an exclusive apartment, the house offers kitchen facilities and a lovely garden.Local markets - If you are in town at Christmas, explore Lincoln's festive market.Sights nearby - Within ten minutes walk of both the Cathedral and the Caste.
Bridleway B&B 4 rooms from $117Lincoln
A rural idyll just a few miles from Lincoln city centre. Awash with charm and character, Bridleway B&B features lovely rooms, excellent breakfasts and a whole load of farm animals.Sights nearby - Within easy reach of Lincoln and its famous castle and cathedral.Great walks - The surrounding countryside is full of lovely walking routes.Romantic - Good for couples.
Chapel Guesthouse 3 rooms from $117Lincoln (Branston)
Set in a renovated 19th century Methodist chapel, the Chapel Guesthouse is a great B&B a few miles from Lincoln. Boasting comfortable rooms and a spacious living room to relax in, the guesthouse is great for those looking for good value accommodation near Lincoln.Great walks - The surrounding countryside is full of excellent walking trails.Sights nearby - Four miles from central Lincoln and its famous sights.Restrictions on children - Adult only.
The Rest 10 rooms from $155Lincoln, Lincolnshire
Chic B&B providing a warm friendly welcome with Bar and coffee house serving delicious snacks. Situated between Lincoln's gorgeous Cathedral and the Castle. Ideal spot for making the most of this medieval historic city centre.Sights nearby - round the corner from Lincoln CathedralLocal markets - One of Europes most largest Christmas markets.Four poster beds - Garden roomRomantic - Good for couples.