- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Nottingham
Nottingham isn't the prettiest of English cities, but it's always danced to the beat of its own drum. The history - including the legend of Robin Hood - is a thrilling ride. Modern Nottingham is a lively town, thanks in part to its student population, and all the familiar hotel brands can be found here.
If you're looking for something a bit more unique, the best places to stay in Nottingham are found either in the historic heart, or else the green hills surrounding the city.
Things not to miss:
- One of the 'peaks' of Nottingham is the 'castle', these days more of a grand looking manor house. This building has been destroyed numerous times and sits on top of a warren of caves and tunnels which were the escape routes for many an inhabitant. The original castle was founded by William the Conqueror, but today's version dates from the 17th Century.
- These days there's an art gallery, as well as a museum, occupying the castle. If you venture down into the tunnels you'll find one of the pubs claiming to be England's oldest. At least 800 years old, Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem Inn can also be found just off Maid Marian Way in Brewhouse Yard.
- Just outside Nottingham is the region's most famous spot: Sherwood Forest. This lush, green forest is home to Major Oak - which according to local folklore is where Robin Hood hid-out - surrounds the pretty village of Edwinstowe. Whether you're a fan of Robin Hood or not, the oak is an incredible sight between 800 and a thousand years old with a vast network of branches, some of which are now held up by scaffolding.
- Sherwood Forest is also home to a lovely arts and crafts centre and each August an annual week long Robin Hood festival is celebrated with jousting, jesters, alchemists, fire eaters and other medieval entertainments.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Nottingham are in the centre of town, perfect for exploring this dynamic English city.
Best places to stay in Nottingham
For a hip atmosphere
- Lace Market Hotel was designed for a lively weekend in Nottingham. Featuring stylish rooms, a swish cocktail bar and an awarding-winning restaurant. It's the perfect launchpad for exploring the home of Hood.
For business trips
- Hart's Hotel has all the class and comfort that one is looking for on a business trip. Featuring spacious, comfortable rooms and an excellent restaurant, it's a great stopping point for those passing through on business.
For a private apartment or cottage
- For those looking for some additional privacy, we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Nottingham's nearest airports are East Midlands (11 miles) and Birmingham (43 miles).
- For those looking to hire a car we recommend you visit our online car hire partner Holiday Autos.
- Nottingham is not famed for its hot temperatures and with the surrounding forest, the city is at its finest in the spring and autumn months.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Nottingham
Hart's Hotel 32 rooms from $163Nottingham (Park Row)
Located in the quieter 'Parks' area of town, Hart's is walking distance from the city centre. Rooms are small but unique with fur throws and some with private terraces. The restaurant serves a daily changing menu and there is an extensive beverage list. Make use of the leafy garden and courtyard.Sights nearby - The impressive Elizabethan mansion, Wollaton Hall and Park is certainly worth visiting.Great walks - The Arboretum is a peaceful oasis in the midst of a city.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Lace Market Hotel 42 rooms from $206Nottingham
A hip hotel right in the centre of Nottingham. The urbane chic rooms are fronted by large floor-to-ceiling windows and boast excellent views. With an awarding winning restaurant, a trendy cocktail bar and more down-to-earth pub, the hotel has all the components for a great weekend in Nottingham.City Style - A sleek and sophisticated bolthole in Nottingham’s vibrant Lace Market district.Sights nearby - Just a two minute walk from the City of Caves.Traditional