Search the best hotels in Aspen
A heady cocktail of snowy, backcountry beauty, strenuous physical challenges and a dash of glamour, Aspen has established itself as a fabled mountain destination. Accommodation options range from simple hotels to swish resorts with a plethora of facilities and activities for all seasons. Whether you’re travelling as a couple or with family and friends, the best places to stay in Aspen promise something special for everyone.
Nestled amidst Colorado’s majestic Rocky Mountains, Aspen gained notoriety during the region's 19th-century silver mining boom, later becoming a fashionable hotspot for a well-heeled crowd of mountain adventurers. Come during the winter months for fabulous skiing and snowboarding on no fewer than four mountains, with options for eager beginners as well as seasoned pros. During the summer, Aspen is transformed into an epic hiking, mountain biking and horse riding destination. You can also try fishing, kayaking and sailing in the Roaring Fork Valley.
For an insight into the region’s complex biodiversity and wildlife, visit the Aspen Centre for Environmental Studies — a sure-fire hit with guests of all ages. The Ice Age Discovery Centre, which boasts an unearthed mammoth’s tusk and various impressive artefacts, is also excellent. Don't miss the chance to delve into Aspen's past with a tour of Smuggler's Mine.
Head into the heart of Aspen for top-notch shopping, gourmet dining and lively bars populated by a smart, sophisticated crowd. With a variety of events and exhibitions taking place throughout the year, this is a hugely popular mountain hub. Book well in advance to guarantee a room at one of the best places to stay in Aspen!
The Best Places to Stay in Aspen
For Great Value
- Mountain Chalet Aspen is a simple, well-priced hotel near the ski lifts. With rooms, suites and two-bedroom apartments, the hotel is well-suited to couples, families or groups. Expect a warm, chalet-style feel, a pool and sauna, and hearty breakfasts to kick off big days of adventure.
- Limelight Hotel has a selection of generously proportioned rooms and self-catered apartments, which are great for longer stays. An affordable base with a family-friendly atmosphere and a good seasonal menu, close to the centre of Aspen.
For Families or Groups
- W Aspen offers funky, ultra-modern interiors, with bold pops of colour, a youthful, sociable vibe and 360° mountain views. Book a big suite with four queen beds if travelling as a group or family, and head up to the rooftop pool, the swanky restaurant or various communal areas. A glitzy '60s and '70s-inspired stay for partygoers.
- The Gant is a brilliant choice for groups of friends or families, who can reserve chic one- to four-bedroom apartments with balconies, fireplaces and well-equipped kitchens. With two outdoor pools, hot tubs, ski butlers and a laid-back restaurant, this is a lavish pick.
For Old School Elegance
- Hotel Jerome opened in 1889 as part of Aspen's silver mining boom. Now a local icon, this romantic hotel has a charming old-school feel, with a glamorous bar and restaurant, a soothing spa, swimming pool and beautifully appoined rooms featuring warm woods, leather and velvet touches.
- Aspen Meadows Resort is a sleek, Bauhaus-inspired hotel with minimalist rooms offering floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking 40 acres of grounds and mountains beyond. Promising fine dining, tennis courts, a swimming pool and a plethora of outdoorsy activities, this is an indulgent pick for an active holiday whatever the season.
- The Little Nell is Aspen's only five-star ski-in/ski-out hotel, with 92 spacious guestrooms and suites, many of which feature fireplaces and mountain views. Choose from an array of dining options, enjoy private cellar wine tastings, relax in the inviting pool and hot tub, and experience revitalising treatments in the health centre. There are child-friendly amenities, too.
- St Regis Aspen occupies a regal red-brick building at the foot of Aspen Mountain. Sumptuous Ralph Lauren-decorated interiors are brilliant for couples or families, who will enjoy three excellent restaurants, unwinding in the Remède Spa, soaking up the sunshine by the round swimming pool or hitting the slopes. There's a dedicated children's ski school, too. Exquisite.
FOR A HOLIDAY HOME OR APARTMENT
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Aspen Airport or to Eagle County Regional Airport, 1.5 hours' drive from Aspen. Denver International Airport is 4 hours away by car or shuttle.
- Colorado is wonderful for a road trip! If you would like to hire a car, contact our online partner Rentalcars.
- Visit between December and March for the best skiing. To experience the mountains in the summer months, come between June and September.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Snowmass.
- Alternatively, check out our pick of the best places to stay in Colorado.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Aspen
Best Hotels in Aspen
Mountain Chalet Aspen Aspen 59 rooms from £98Value chic - With a beautiful roof terrace, a pool, and spa facilities (sauna & hot tub) — you are getting a lot for your money hereSkiing - Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk & Snowmass Ski Resort are all nearby and offer something for all skill levelsFamilies - The largest accommodation sleeps up to six and some have full kitchens making them ideal choices for familiesSelf catering - The One Bedroom Apartments and Two Bedroom Apartments have a full kitchen and dining areas
A charming well-priced chalet-style hotel set near the ski lifts in Aspen. From cosy doubles to two-bedroom apartments, there is a wide range to choose from. Interiors are all cabin-inspired with plenty of wood and warm hues. With a pool, sauna, and hearty breakfasts, this is ideal for families. See More
Limelight Hotel Aspen (Colorado) 126 rooms from £117Skiing - Aspen has four mountains to ski on in the winter months - Brilliant for skiing, snowboarding, cross country and powder tours.Great walks - There are great walking trails which can be explored during the summer months.Sights nearby - Smuggler Mine for some history of mining in the local areas of ColoradoKayaking - Summer months the lakes and rivers are great for canoes and kayaks.
Contemporary home-from-home self-catered apartments or rooms offer prime location for the mountains, an outdoor pool and walking distance to town. Large rooms with bathrooms and all mod-cons. The Lounge has happy hour served with a seasonal inspired menu. Great choice for family adventures. See More
W Aspen Downtown Aspen 88 rooms from £195Skiing - The hotel boasts a ski pass vendor, ski-to-door access, and a ski school, hire, and storage facilityActive Holiday - Ideally situated for the quintessential Aspen skiing trip at the foot of the slopesCity Style - Incredibly stylish accommodation in the trendy Downtown areaSights nearby - The Mill Street Fountain is a short walk away and the hotel offers great views of Aspen's famous mountain ranges
Quirky, cool and ultra-modern, this psychedelic Aspen hotel offers comforable and super-stylish rooms for a range of party sizes. Boasting a range of dining and drinks options, surrounded by typically thrilling scenery, the eye-popping W Aspen is ideal for ski tripping and outdoorsy couples. See More
Hotel Jerome Aspen 94 rooms from £285Eco break - Rooms have recycling bins, taps and toilets are all low-flow, LED bulbs are used, and other eco-friendly features are in placeActive Holiday - There are 75 trails at Aspen Mountain, or you can whitewater raft, or hike up the Maroon Bells, amongst many other activitiesSpa - 3 treatment rooms with natural treatments inspired by the Roaring Fork ValleyRestaurant - Prospect serves fresh local ingredients in an atmosphric and warm dining roomRecommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
Elegant hotel in the heart of Aspen, with Old West-inspired atmosphere and decor combined with contemporary features. The comfortable rooms are furnished with rich fabrics, and the communal spaces are elaborately and authentically decorated. The restaurant, bar and spa are all popular and sleek. See More
Aspen Meadows Resort Aspen 98 rooms from £460Active Holiday - From world-class skiing to hiking trails starting right from the property, this is an outdoor enthusiast's dreamSkiing - Aspen has some of the best skiing in the world and guests benefit from discounted rates for ski passesFishing - The Roaring Fork Valley boasts Gold Medal waters and world-class fly fishing for anglers of all skill levelsGreat walks - During the summer months, there are miles of hiking trails to explore
A sleek modern hotel with breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains in Aspen. Spacious suites boast private patios and minimalist furniture but the views from the vast expanse of glass steal the show. With fine dining, tennis courts, and a pool — this is a luxe base for an outdoor break. See More
The Gant Aspen 140 rooms from £501Skiing - Expect world-class skiing with a choice of four mountains to ski. Skis can be rented on-site and lessons organised tooActive Holiday - Moments from the slopes and with plenty of other pursuits available, this is a destination to come and be outdoorsFamilies - With multi-room condos and full kitchens the accommodation is well suited to familiesSelf catering - Each condo comes with a full kitchen and living area
A luxury hotel comprising of multi-room condos just moments from the slopes. Condos range in size from one-bedroom to four-bedroom. All have fireplaces, balconies, and kitchens. Boasting two outdoor pools, hot tubs, ski butlers, and a laidback restaurant. Suitable for couples, groups, or families. See More
The Little Nell Aspen (Colorado) 92 rooms from £535Sights nearby - Get your camera and capture the 14,000 feet high Maroon Peaks overlooking Maroon Lake.Fishing - Fly Fishing on the Roaring Fork River.Lively - Hip and happening.Views - Great views from hotel
Stunning views, luxury features in the heart of Aspen - a winter and summer nature haven. Large modern rooms, notably comfortable with fireplace and mountain or city views. Element 47 offers farm fresh Italian cuisine with a fine wine list. Relax at the spa, by the pool or explore the mountains. See More
St Regis Aspen Aspen 257 rooms from £642Active Holiday - Ski and snowboard in winter, or hike, kayak and mountain-bike in summer; Aspen offers stunning outdoor activities all year roundSkiing - Famous the world over, Aspen has a myriad of runs for all levels. The hotel is right next to the gondola and slope 1ALocal exploring - Those not keen on the outdoors will love exploring the historic town centre, window shopping and visiting galleriesTotal relaxation - This indulgent property has relaxation on the menu; outdoor pool, extensive spa, great dining & beautiful groundsRecommended by - Tablet
Super-luxe resort situated in a regal red-brick building at the foot of Aspen mountain. Plush Ralph Lauren decor, Frette linen and slope views make up classic contemporary rooms. Endless outdoor pursuits, 3 restaurants, heated pool and deluxe spa are on offer. Perfect for families & couples alike. See More