Search the best hotels in Aspen
Aspen is a heady cocktail of snowy, backcountry beauty, strenuous physical challenges and clever chatter, topped off with dashes of wealth and glamour. There’s so many great adventures on offer here, and so many possible ways to enjoy yourself that there’s not one clear notion of the best places to stay in Aspen, it really depends on why you’re here. If you’re here to ski then the best places will be the ski lodges closest to the three main lifts. But if you’re here to escape then the best places for you are a bit further out of town in amongst the extravagant scenery.
What Not To Miss
- Make the most of the world-class skiing with a huge number of runs catering to skiers of all abilities. All of which is done against the backdrop of the dramatic Rocky Mountains.
- Or go cycling and hiking to your hearts content with great trails providing visitors with exciting and memorable experiences in equal measure.
- You can even go sailing or kayaking at some times of year.
- The huge wildlife sanctuary that is the Aspen Centre for Environmental Studies - providing a fascinating educational experience for visitors.
- Alternatively, visit the Ice Age Discovery Centre where they exhibit an unearthed mammoth’s tusk!
The resort is an extremely busy place, especially during the ski season, so if you want to be sure of a bed in one of the best places to stay in Aspen, do yourself a favour and book well ahead!
- The Little Nell is a wonderful haven for outdoors-folk come summer or winter. There are 92 large, modern rooms - some with fireplaces and mountain views. There’s an Italian restaurant and a spa and pool with mountain views.
For great value
- The Limelight Hotel is in a prime position just a short walk to town and offers a large collection of generous sized rooms and self-catered apartments. It's restaurant boasts a great seasonal menu and a very family friendly atmosphere.
For Old West style elegance
- The Hotel Jerome is an elegant ‘old west’ inspired hotel in the heart of Aspen. There are around 90 eco-friendly rooms, nicely decorated communal spaces and a popular restaurant, bar and spa.
For an apartment or chalet
- If you'd prefer your own space, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a range of properties - from the edge of the slopes to the centre of the town.
- Fly to Denver International Airport located 354km (220 miles) from Aspen. Although Aspen does have a small airport, it only caters to small planes so visitors may be better flying to Denver.
- There are also scheduled bus services to Aspen from Denver International Airport.
- If you want to rent a car, for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - December to February offer fantastic conditions for those skiers wanting to carve up the mountain. Alternatively, if you want to experience the summer activities Aspen has to offer, June to August is a great time to visit.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Aspen
Limelight Hotel Aspen (Colorado) 126 rooms from £115
Contemporary home-from-home self-catered apartments or rooms offer prime location for the mountains, an outdoor pool and walking distance to town. Large rooms with bathrooms and all mod-cons. The Lounge has happy hour served with a seasonal inspired menu. Great choice for family adventures.Skiing - Aspen has four mountains to ski on in the winter months - Brilliant for skiing, snowboarding, cross country and powder tours.Great walks - There are great walking trails which can be explored during the summer months.Sights nearby - Smuggler Mine for some history of mining in the local areas of ColoradoKayaking - Summer months the lakes and rivers are great for canoes and kayaks.
Hotel Jerome Aspen 94 rooms from £280
Elegant hotel in the heart of Aspen, with Old West-inspired atmosphere and decor combined with contemporary features. The comfortable rooms are furnished with rich fabrics, and the communal spaces are elaborately and authentically decorated. The restaurant, bar and spa are all popular and sleek.Eco break - Rooms have recycling bins, taps and toilets are all low-flow, LED bulbs are used, and other eco-friendly features are in placeActive Holiday - There are 75 trails at Aspen Mountain, or you can whitewater raft, or hike up the Maroon Bells, amongst many other activitiesSpa - 3 treatment rooms with natural treatments inspired by the Roaring Fork ValleySwimming Pool - The outdoor heated pool is open year-roundRecommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
The Little Nell Aspen (Colorado) 92 rooms from £526
Stunning views, luxury features in the heart of Aspen - a winter and summer nature haven. Large modern rooms, notably comfortable with fireplace and mountain or city views. Element 47 offers farm fresh Italian cuisine with a fine wine list. Relax at the spa, by the pool or explore the mountains.Sights nearby - Get your camera and capture the 14,000 feet high Maroon Peaks overlooking Maroon Lake.Fishing - Fly Fishing on the Roaring Fork River.Lively - Hip and happening.Views - Great views from hotel