Search the best hotels in Snowmass
Surrounded by some of Colorado’s most striking mountain peaks, Snowmass Village is a fantastic year-round destination for outdoorsy adventurers. The area boasts some of the best ski and snowboard terrain in the USA, as well as a plethora of superb summer activities for guests of all ages. Accommodation options include everything from funky spots with onsite climbing walls to luxurious lodges offering world-class spas, fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. Many of the best places to stay in Snowmass promise ski-in/ski-out access — perfect for eager explorers!
Settled more than a century ago by intrepid ranchers, Snowmass and the Brush Creek Valley were home to the USA’s largest winter resort by the 1960s, when the first chairlifts opened. The area has continued to gain popularity as a family-friendly destination, with an ever-expanding network of slopes, terrain parks and trails for breath-taking skiing and snowboarding. The powder-white slopes of trendy Aspen, along with its museums, galleries and restaurants, are also within easy reach.
Come during the summer months for over 90 miles of horse riding, hiking and mountain biking trails, as well as the chance to try golf, fly fishing, zip lining, hot air ballooning and whitewater rafting. Snowmass Village is known for its weekly rodeos, concerts and festivals. History and nature buffs will be curious to discover the famed Snowmastodon site, a fossil field packed with fascinating finds. The mammoths may be long gone, but Snowmass’ black bear population remains.
The mountains can be especially busy during the winter school holidays, so book your trip well in advance to guarantee a room at one of the best places to stay in Snowmass.
The Best Places to Stay in Snowmass
For Families or Groups
- Limelight Snowmass is fun contemporary hotel with ski-in/ski-out lift access, spacious modern rooms with options for families or groups, and a great aprés-ski vibe. Little ones will love the multitude of games and grown ups can kick off evenings with a drink at the bar. The heated outdoor pool and huge climbing wall will be a hit with guests of all ages.
- Stonebridge Inn sits moments from the slopes, offering a simpler, affordable stay for outdoorsy travellers. With rustic pine furniture and wood panelled walls, the hotel has an appealing traditional feel. There's an outdoor pool, fitness centre and spa, as well as flexible room and suite options for families and groups.
- Viceroy Snowmass is a luxurious ski-in/ski-out resort with an expansive 7,000-sq-ft. spa, huge infinity pool and access to a plethora of activities. Lavish rooms and suites promise a chic, romantic stay. Particularly well-suited to couples.
FOR A HOLIDAY HOME OR APARTMENT
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Aspen Airport or to Eagle County Regional Airport, 1.5 hours' drive from Aspen. Denver International Airport is 4 hours away by car or shuttle.
- Colorado is wonderful for a road trip! If you would like to hire a car, contact our online partner Rentalcars.
- Visit between December and March for the best skiing. To experience the mountains in the summer months, come between June and September.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Aspen.
- Alternatively, check out our pick of the best places to stay in Colorado.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Snowmass
Best Hotels in Snowmass
Stonebridge Inn Snowmass 92 rooms from £108Skiing - The hotel is set steps from the lifts at Snowmass and a short drive or shuttle ride from Buttermilk, Aspen, and Aspen HighlandsFamilies - Expect endless options for family-friendly activities both on and off-site plus babysitters are availableActive Holiday - Skiing is the most well known but Snowmass offers an extensive array of outdoor adventures and activitiesGreat walks - During the summer months, there are endless choices for hiking
A luxury hotel set just moments from the slopes in Snowmass. Rooms & suites have a cosy traditional feel with rustic pine furniture and wood panelled walls. The best have mountain views & balconies. With a firelit restaurant, endless activities, a pool & spa — this is ideal for an active getaway. See More
Viceroy Snowmass Snowmass 173 rooms from £140Eco break - Eight K serves humanely raised meat, fryer oil is reused as biofuel, bulbs are ecological & there are many eco friendly featuresActive Holiday - Perfect in the colder months for keen skiers, and in the warmer months for hikers, mountain bikers, or hot air balloon explorersSkiing - Steps from Snowmass Mountain's ski lifts, only 7 miles from Aspen, offering ski school, equipment hire, and ski-to-door accessLocal exploring - Explore 3000 acres of Alpine skiing terrain, or dash through the snow in a husky-driven sledRecommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
Designer hotel in the Colorado Rockies with easy access to 91 trails and 3000 acres of Alpine terrain. The stylish rooms are tastefully furnished, the restaurant divine, the luxury spa expansive with a heated infinity pool. Skiing, hiking, biking, sledding, ballooning - activities to please everyone See More
Limelight Snowmass Snowmass Village 99 rooms from £171Families - The lounge has a family zone with children’s games, books, and toys while the mountains provide endless outdoors entertainmentActive Holiday - Skiing is obviously the main attraction but during the summer months this is a great destination for hikers and bikers tooSkiing - With ski-in/ski-out proximity to the lifts this is a great choice for quick access to Aspen's world-class slopesRestaurant - Casual dining in the restaurant and bar and a lively après-ski scene
A fun contemporary hotel boasting ski-in / ski-out lift access. Spacious rooms are cleanly styled with well thought out design allowing for in-room dining and good storage of outdoor gear. The lobby area is packed full of games while the bar and restaurant produce a great après-ski vibe. See More