- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Carmel Valley
About Carmel Valley
Just inland from the beautiful seaside town of Carmel-by-the-Sea, the Carmel Valley is a lush green valley known for its wineries and vineyards, and its spa retreats. It’s also known for its wild turkeys, quails, deer and rabbits. And you might even see a coyote or a rattlesnake! There’s quite a nice list to choose from when it comes to the best places to stay in the Carmel Valley. There are ranches, vineyards, spas and retreats, as well as hotels, and some very nice nearby boutique hotel options in Carmel-by-the-Sea. If you’re here to relax and enjoy yourself then our Guru’s selection of the best places to stay in the Carmel Valley also includes several properties which will organise some relaxing activities for you.
What Not To Miss
- Take a horse ride in the Garland Ranch National Park - alternatively, this is also a magical place for hiking.
- And of course the idyllic town of Carmel is just a short distance away with its pretty views and sandy beaches.
- Carmel Mission, founded in 1771, is probably the region’s major ‘sight’. It is said to be one of the most beautiful of California’s Spanish missions.
- Participate in a tour and a tasting of one of the local vintages at one of the valley's many wineries.
- Alternatively, if you fancy a more relaxing experience- take a theatre trip or some cooking classes.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Carmel Valley allow visitors to completely unwind in one of the renowned spa retreats.
The best places to stay in Carmel Valley
For a luxury resort
- The Carmel Valley Ranch is surrounded by 500 acres of scenic valley land, just ripe for adventures. There are 139 spacious, contemporary rooms - many with their own balcony and sitting rooms - an apiary, vineyard, spa and pool, and a restaurant serving locally sourced delicacies. This is probably one of the best places to stay in the Carmel Valley for families.
For a luxury vineyard stay
- The Bernardus Lodge and Spa is a 57 room retreat. It’s got a lovely spa and it’s surrounded by its own vineyards. Rooms have fireplaces and huge bathtubs, plus there’s a lovely restaurant with outside dining and spectacular views.
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a selection of properties, ideal for exploring the valley.
- Fly to Monterey Regional Airport located 22km (14 miles) from Carmel Valley with a selection of domestic flights to cities including Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the stunning valley, for prices visit our online partner, Holiday Autos.
- Best time to visit - whilst Summer is the peak time - for a quieter holiday visit in Autumn (September to November) with typically pleasant temperatures and sunny weather.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in the Carmel Valley for you?
Best Hotels in Carmel Valley
Bernardus Lodge and Spa 57 rooms from $375Carmel Valley
Resting in its own vineyards and forestland, this retreat is perfect for wine enthusiasts and for superb spa treatments. Rooms have fireplaces, noteworthy linens and generously large bathtubs. The restaurant caters to all dietary needs and the outdoor dining offers spectacular views. Great hideaway.Cycling - Rent a bike and explore picturesque Carmel-by-the-sea on two wheels.Sit-out TerraceSights nearby - 15km away is Carmel Mission Basilica and Museum.Back to Nature - Amongst the oaks and pines of Carmel Valley.Recommended by - Tablet
Carmel Valley Ranch 139 rooms from $325Carmel-By-The-Sea, Carmel Valley
An idyllic setting packed full of adventures in 500 acres by Carmel-by-the-Sea. Rooms are contemporary, spacious with their own balcony, sitting room and modern bathroom. Restaurant uses locally sourced delicious ingredients to tempt you. Explore the apiary, vineyard, spa and pool to name but a few!Local markets - See the local fishermans catch at Carmel-by-the-Sea.Great walks - Along the ocean front or in the 500 acres of land.Back to Nature - Sitting on 500 acres of land.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Tablet